Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• Cody

Participant

1. Bradley Chubb
      2. Saquon Barkley
      3. Minkah Fitzpatrick
      4. Derwin James
      5. Josh Jackson
      6. Vita Vea
      7. Denzel Ward
      8. Quenton Nelson
      9. Da’Ron Payne
      10. Harold Landry

• Pennywise

Participant

Barkley
      Fitz
      Jackson
      Vea
      Ward
      Payne
      Not even a option for me at 7

I think Landry can be had in 20 area
      I don’t draft og in top 10

Chubb I do at 7,James also.mm my mind set is to trade back,maybe az or bills

Landry can be had then,and you add pick or picks

• BucNCane

Participant

Chubb
      James
      Fitz

Nelson
      Vea

Do not care for a RB that early.

• blind melon

Participant

at 7.

Barkley
      Chubb
      Fitzpatrick
      Nelson
      Vea

In that order – for me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chubb
      Nelson
      Vea
      Fitzpatrick
      James

• GoldsonAges

Participant

1. Chubb
      2. Vea
      3. James (maybe with trade into low teens)

These are my only options. No 1st round top 10 guards, or running backs until we build the defense. Ideally, we get Cubb, or Vea and build it front to back.

If Chubb and Vea are gone Rick Scott needs to declare a state-wide state of emergency.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

1. Chubb
      2. Barkley
      3. Nelson
      4. Fitzpatrick
      5. Ward

• JC5100

Participant

1. Chubb
      2. Fitzpatrick
      3. Orlando Brown
      4. Denzel Ward
      5. Tremaine Edmunds
      6. Connor Williams
      7. Josh Jackson

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Does Barkley get us 5 more points per game and help our defense? Barkley is not close to the best rb in this draft. People putting him up this high probably don’t know much about football and are run by soccer guys. Oh wait, he may be coming to Tampa……damn.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• blackat1515

Participant

Lmao, if Barkley isn’t the best RB in the draft, who is.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Barkley looks good in that spread offense. He has an insane jump cut and he’s a solid shifty type RB and great out of the backfield catching passes. His pass blocking needs to improve. He has a propensity to bounce everything outside if there is not a gaping hole to run through.

Here are my concerns about Barkley.

1. He wont be able to beat everyone to the outside in the NFL.
      2. Coming from a spread offense, he has completely different reads than he will from deep in the backfield.
      3. A lot of what I’ve seen of his play in college had a lot of East/West running how will he be as a North/South RB in a much more physical environment?

Based on his skill set if I drafted him I would slot him in straight away as the 3rd down RB. As a 3rd down back he will be catching passes, he wont be deep in the backfield, he will be in a similar formation to what he is accustomed to. He’s not anywhere near projecting as a top 10 pick in my world.

If he goes to a team with a great OL he may be able to adjust to the NFL game quickly and take off as a starter. If he goes to a team with a bad OL and they’re expecting him to carry the load, there is a possibility he will be a huge disappointment.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• TBlit

Participant

One player I would like to go on the board is Isiah Wynn G GA.
      Nelson is a really nice player but i agree we should take a different position with no.7

If we trade back in first I would like Wynn say in the 20’s
      Or second round pick.

He looked really well at senior bowl, pass blocking was excellent and he helped Chubb and Michel opening holes

• TBlit

Participant

For me it’s
      1.Chubb
      2.Barkley
      3.James
      4.Davenport
      5.Nelson
      6.Hurst
      7.Vea
      8.Landry
      9.Jackson
      10.Ward
      11.Okoronkwo
      12.Wynn
      13.Bryan
      14.Hubbard
      15.hernandez

What do you think? Mostly linemen prospects leaving RB for later rounds.
      If we could get two of these guys I would be excitited

• cvillebucfan

Participant

Gotta laugh and ask but WHY THE HELL do people like Denzel Ward??? He’s another munchkin and he’s not even close to as polished as VH3 was coming out. Is it people just see who his the top rated CB’s or what? The guy IMO isn’t even a R1 talent (he may be drafted there however). He’s not that good. I would be beyond PISSED if he was picked at 7th overall or anywhere inside the top 25 TBH. Not impressed by him at all…

Now back to the the Big Board which IMO looks like this:

1. Chubb
      2. Nelson
      3. Vea
      4. James

Just to address Fitzpatrick. Great player but I think he’s almost what we don’t need. I don’t think he can play outside. He didn’t do that much at Bama and to take a player at 7th overall, even with his great career he had at Bama it gives me pause. Now he is a very willing tackler and has great ball and cover skills. Maybe the new thing is to play 2 FS type players on the back end…

I am unsure how I feel about a trade back (not against it). However if we could land a deal with Buffalo you could have the chance to address both OL and DL AND put yourself in to be very flexible in R2. Hell if we wanted we could possibly take the 2nd RB off the board with one of the 1st from Buffalo. I’m warming up to this idea of trading back. Hard to pass up a “blue chip” prospect at 7th overall but if some things unfolded for us we could end up with 3 starters. Just throwing out a scenario possible being and I know we could argue for days about who would be selected:

21st: OG Isaiah Wynn or Best OL OTB
      22nd: DT Tim Settle (want see his body at combine)
      38th: DE Arden Key
      69th: RB TBD DEEP DEEP DEEP even early in R4 IMO…. John Kelly anyone? Combine time will probably provide him a really nice jump (hopefully not) Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCaqOvCGg5o

We also open ourselves up to have a guy fall to us (OJ Howard)…

• Will

Participant

The kid can ball

• JC5100

Participant

Ward has great route recognition and hand usage. Eyes and feet work in perfect unison. Very physical in run game. Will be a #1 CB for a long time.

But you want to take a G or NT at 7. Ok.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

Ward has great route recognition and hand usage. Eyes and feet work in perfect unison. Very physical in run game. Will be a #1 CB for a long time.

But you want to take a G or NT at 7. Ok.

JC go get a detailed list of all the #1 CB’s in the league that are 5’10” or shorter. How many did you find, 3? Now realize there are 32 teams in the NFL and understand the decision you’re making by advocating to draft Ward at 7th overall…

Yes I would draft Vea or Nelson ALL.. DAY.. LONG… Putting ward out there with our pass rush would look like VH3 but worse.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Sony Michel or Guice have the potential to be as good if not better than Barkley. Again, this Barkley guy disappears when he is needed most. Cute start to the Ohio State game, then, he’s David Copperfield. Not great.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Havok904

Participant

then, he’s David Copperfield. Not great.
      ——-
      Sorta like Arden Key.

Makes a splash and disappears.

Not tough against the run.

• Will

Participant

Derwin James at #7 nuff said

• Havok904

Participant

Lmao, if Barkley isn’t the best RB in the draft, who is.
      ——
      He played in a west coast offense at Penn State.

If he can make the transition remains to seen.

His interviews and board work will determine most of that.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.