Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Potential 2019 NFL Roster Bubbles
      By: Michael Ginnitti SPOTRAC
      Published: January 24, 2019

We’ve identified players from each NFL team who may be trending toward the 2019 roster bubble, based on performance vs. compensation & dead cap structure. The list below shows the individual financial implications to trade or release each player based on various bonus dates some may have. We’ll continue to update this list as new reports emerge.

https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/potential-2019-nfl-roster-bubbles-819/

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

Curry is an absolute lock, but my guess is at least 3 of those guys are gone AJ. Even if Brate was productive/reliable last year (but it was a very down year), I don’t see how Brate stays at 7 million. Especially with him having hip surgery; if its a labrum, hip labrums can be chronic issues for intense movement athletes.

And McCoy’s and DJax’s numbers are so big (and we’re so strapped and needy in so many areas).

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Dee Ford is a free agent also, might get tagged though.

Please wait…

• jbear

Participant

I hope they try to keep Brate and even McCoy in a perfect world. I realize the cap number is a lot and there is a lot of dislike for him but he was our best interior DL by a mile. I don’t see how losing him makes us better unless we pick somebody else solid up or go for DT in the Draft. Vita will be fine and may be better than McCoy when all is said and done but losing McCoy isn’t making us better. Djax on the other hand can take a hike. He was a locker room problem and his numbers while fine are going to get picked up elsewhere with our deep receiving corps.

Please wait…

• ryan24

Participant

Curry is an absolute lock, but my guess is at least 3 of those guys are gone AJ. Even if Brate was productive/reliable last year (but it was a very down year), I don’t see how Brate stays at 7 million. Especially with him having hip surgery; if its a labrum, hip labrums can be chronic issues for intense movement athletes.

The surgery could be the problem for the Bucs with Brate. If he can’t pass a physical on March 17th his 2019 salary is guaranteed. That limits their options to trading him during the preseason. I’m not sure what the timeframe for recovery from the surgery is but what will be two months seems quick.

Please wait…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.