2019 QB Situation

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jcaulfield8
    Participant

Anyone else’s hear think that fitz can’t be a stopgap? Yes he has some shit games, but he has had some freaking blinders too . If you don’t think he can play for another 2 to 3 years at a high-level, just consistently enough to get us to the playoffs, you’re insane. There have been plenty of quarterbacks that have come on the last two or three years of their career.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

tog
    Participant

Anyone else’s hear think that fitz can’t be a stopgap? Yes he has some shit games, but he has had some freaking blinders too . If you don’t think he can play for another 2 to 3 years at a high-level, just consistently enough to get us to the playoffs, you’re insane. There have been plenty of quarterbacks that have come on the last two or three years of their career.

I think he’s a good stop gap but not one that can get to the playoffs (or win a game).

I was arguing that the Bucs should not bench Fitzpatrick after Chicago because I thought the offense would get slowed down. A great DL vs. a bad OL is almost impossible to win.

But that’s also why I don’t think the Bucs can win playoff games with Fitz. Playoff teams are a cut above and he’s not good enough to overcome a messy pocket. Teams will confuse him and the D will give up too many points to overcome.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.