Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• aquilus

Participant

I am sure not everyone will be in love…but to me if this fell this way I would be happy and feel we handled everything needed

1) Alex Leatherwood OT/G Alabama
      2) Asante Samuel Jr DB FSU
      3)Quinn Minerz OT Wisconsin Whitewater
      4) Cameron Sample DE Tulane
      5) Jalen Redmond DT Oklahoma
      Trade 7th round selections and a player to be named later move into the 5th
      5) Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Asante Samuel won’t go higher than the third round. Creed Humphrey is expected to go early second round and possibly late first round.

I’d love to have Samuel. Lockdown corner and it would be ironic that Brady would be playing on the same team as him after playing with his dad as a teammate.

• aquilus

Participant

At the 32nd pick in the second round we might as well be picking in the third round…so at that pick I thank he would be solid as we wouldn’t get another pick till later in the 3rd

Also This is a deep draft at Center and while he might go sooner than 5…there could be a run of teams who dont look at that as a premium pick and he could fall….who would have thought Chris Godwin would be there for us 3rd round

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Asante Samuel’s Jr. draft projection is all over the place. So at the bottom of the 2nd round is possible.

Build the trenches!

• Roy

Participant

OK I’ll bite on this too early mock draft.

1) Joseph Ossai Edge. JPP is doing his best to defy age by taking week days off often times, but thats a sign that he may not have much left in the tank. “Red hot motor, natural playmaker, turnover creator” according to TDN. Sounds like a Buccaneer to me.
      2) Dillon Radunz OL Licht likes those small school guys. Radunz needs refinement and will be able to learn for a year behind a solid veteran line. Eventually he’ll be able to step in and start at one of the tackle spots depending on where you want Wirfs to play.
      3) Jamie Newman QB. Has arm, athleticism and character, but needs playing time. Newman was rusty at the Senior Bowl, but also there were guys rushing at him unblocked. He didn’t play in 2020. He needs a couple years holding a clipboard, but that’s what he can get with the Bucs.
      4) Demitric Felton RB/WR UCLA. Is he a WR or a RB? He can pass block and get around the edge, but also is a good route runner.

• seekpar

Participant

Samuel will be gone before the 32nd pick. He’s that good.

• JC5100

Participant

Creed Humphrey at 32 would be a steal. Jensen will be a 31 year old UFA in 2022.

• Detrimental

Participant

Creed Humphrey is the best iOL in the class so yeah if he’s there it would be hard to pass on him. However, you can only play 5 lineman at a time. Cant see the Bucs drafting a redshirt player r1. OLB & DT at 32 to take reps from JPP/Suh who are aging by the second

• JC5100

Participant

Not counting post-season, Bucs got 425 offensive snaps from backup offensive linemen.

• aquilus

Participant

The need is definitely there the Bucs fell head over heels with Minerz in the Senior Bowl I heard…

Also seekpar you could be right. Samuel shows up and blows the combine away and impresses at pro day he will be a late 1st early 2nd rounder. As it stands right now hes somewhere in the mid to low second range…sneak into third

Detrimental Right now I think the bucs plan on bringing in JJ Watt…at least here is where he wants to go…so the Bucs will be better. If we keep Suh…it will have to be a very cap friendly deal but I think it gets done and right now its JPP and Suhs job to lose and they both have not given us any reason to question them yet. We have GLARING needs on the OL I see the Bucs releasing Donovan Smith as he simply isnt worth the cap number he will command in 2021-2022 </p>
        <p>We cannot simply rely on camp meat coming in and protecting Brady who will be 44…without him we will be a 4-12 team if we are lucky…we MUST get better there

Leatherwood would come in day one and replace Smith and we might be better there as a result for a reduction of about 10 million dollars in cap space for next season…Jensen is also another player who is set to make a high cap figure…he might also be a casualty to the Turk

• dexmonkey

Participant

Samuel would be a teens pick if he was 2 inches taller and 5-10 lbs heavier. i bet he measures close to 5’9 190. his size is what will hold him back. kid is a dog and a fighter but you match him up on a guy like Chase Claypool and hes gonna struggle

2nd-3rd round seems right for him as a slot defender

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.