Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

Odds are the Home opener is either the Giants or Saints. If Brees retires then the favorite would be the Giants.

The ultimate curveball would be, God Forbid, at New England. What say you?

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I’m more curious as to what they decide with attendance for next year.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The opener is @ home so @ new England week 1 is not possible

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

Why is That? the last time a Super Bowl Champion didn’t open the season at home was the Bucs. We opened away against the Eagles.

Bucs Patriots would be a marquee opener drawing huge TV audience to kick off the season. I wouldn’t put it past the NFL schedulers.

• buc_boi

Participant

Saints

• seekpar

Participant

Gotta be the Saints at RJS. Even if Brees is retired, which is very likely, there’s the intrigue of Winston at QB for some of the snaps. And the division rivalry.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Here’s our opponents for 2021:

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-2021-opponents-nfl-information-nfc-afc

Hopefully it’s the Saints, Bears, Cowboys, Bills or Dolphins.

• Lawdy

Participant

my moneys on it being the saints at home too

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Saints at home vs Winston seems like it’s a no-brainer. Although Bears and Cowboys would draw huge ratings too.

• JC5100

Participant

Saints are going to pay 3 starting QBs next year?

• Bucman

Participant

Im gonna go with the Bears.

• creamsicles

Participant

Cowpokes… they’re considered a ratings draw and will be intriguing if they have Dak back.

• Iowabucfan

Participant

Agreed about the Cowboys. They were in the Sunday Night opener last Fall.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

• theknees

Participant

The Cowboys are a national snooze. We all tend to think they are relevant but they haven’t been in years. Think about this for a second. When Tampa won their first super bowl, you know, 18 fucking years ago, it had been 6 years since the Cowboys won it all last. No one outside of Dallas gives a fuck about the Cowboys.

If Winston is the starter in NO, it’s the Saints. Otherwise it almost has to be the Pats.

• TBChucky

Participant

Bills?

• Watchman

Participant

I have to agree that NO at home makes sense. I would say some other NFC South opponent maybe, but NO seems the logical choice.

I disagree that there would be national interest in Winston’s return. The only fans that have cared about Winston in the past few years are Buc and Saints fans. At a national level he was headlines for throwing INTs and being suspended. So I don’t think Winston (assuming he’s NO’s starter) returning to TB makes that a must watch game.

Honestly, opening on the road @ NE is the biggest ratings draw for the NFL. So that won’t shock me.

• illinoisbucfan

Participant

I am going to say the Bills…. Up and coming team from the division that Brady owned for years against the Super Bowl Champs….. The media will eat that up!!

• BucsFan83

Participant

I think Patriots vs Bucs would be to enticing not to have as the opener. Of course that would screw us again. If we don’t play them in the opener, then I see us playing them sometime during the holidays.

I think it’ll be the Saints, because that would be the highest possible ratings they would feel they could get for a season opener.

• SaskBucs

Participant

I hope it’s the Bears or Saints. I’d be very surprised if Brees is back and Saints should be a different team after sorting out their cap.

Not that the Bucs need extra motivation but I think they come out for revenge vs both teams. I know they got revenge in the playoffs on the Saints but now that the bully script is flipped, Bucs will wanna crush them.

Wouldn’t mind seeing the Dolphins earlier in the season either. I think that team is on the rise (assuming Tua proves to be legit). I don’t think they are or will be better than the Bucs next year but would rather see them before they get cohesive as a unit.

• TCB2W!

Participant

I don’t know if it matters when we play the Dolphins. My good friend who has been a lifelong Dolphin fan feels he is the second coming of Marcus Mariota. He is afraid to take the shots or throw in tight windows. He said the contrast between him and Fitz was enormous. But if the game was on the line, he would have taken Fitz all day. He also was 100 percent behind trading back Houston’s picks, Tua, and another 1st next year for Deshaun Watson.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Not an “opener”, but Bucs at REDSKINS (yeah, I said it) is now interesting– FitzMagic and Adam Humphries..

I could totally see TB at NE as the opener- if the NFL gauranteed a favorable schedule in other ways.

• creamsicles

Participant

If we weren’t coming off of COVID, I could envision it; however it would be a shame to deny the home crowd a chance to celebrate in week 1 after not being able to fill the stadium last year.

• Wutt

Participant

I’m hoping Bucs vs Saints, punch Jameis right in the mouth to start the season.

• seekpar

Participant

Yes, that would be a beautiful thing to see. Just make it a home game so I can see it in person.

• m_j

Participant

looks more and more like cowboys, or ev. bills

• BucsSavant

Participant

looks more and more like cowboys, or ev. bills

My guess would be one of
        These 2, or the saints. I would go with bills

• LIBucsFan93

Participant

The Bills seem to be the consensus now. If we are gonna play the Bills then I guess its better to get them early in the season.

• Richie Cartman

Participant

Won’t be the Bills. Looks like there was a leak that it won’t be until December 12th. Bears are playing on Sunday night football against the Rams so they are out as well. Most likely Saints or Cowboys now.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Won’t be the Bills. Looks like there was a leak that it won’t be until December 12th. Bears are playing on Sunday night football against the Rams so they are out as well. Most likely Saints or Cowboys now.

I saw that….they love thrusting Dallas in the national spotlight, despite their longstanding irrelevance. Guessing it’s them now.

• TBChucky

Participant

Bring on the Cowgirls!!

• Richie Cartman

Participant

Reading on twitter that Bucs at Patriots will be week 4 October 3rd on SNF.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Dallas 100 pct. No one else.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

It’s official. We’re opening against Dallas.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Official: GB at New Orleans, Week 1
      4:25 PM

We’re NOT playing the Saints.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Source?
      Not doubting that at all.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Dallas indeed.

How bout them cowboys?!

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Week 4 is a road trip to New England on Sunday Night Football. PRIME TIME BABY!!!!!

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Opened with Dallas ’09
      Raheem’s 1st game

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Source?
      Not doubting that at all.

My sources are notifications from my Bleacher Report App. The schedule is being released today.

• JC5100

Participant

It has to be Dallas because all of our other opponents had their Week 1 games leaked. Dallas is the only one not leaked.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

@ NE SNF week 4 as well!

• JC5100

Participant

I’m surprised Fox let that happen. They lost Cowboys @ Bucs and Bucs @ Patriots, two of their biggest rating games.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I’m surprised Fox let that happen. They lost Cowboys @ Bucs and Bucs @ Patriots, two of their biggest rating games.

Yeah. I was a bit shocked too.

• seekpar

Participant

That’s going to be a fun Thursday night! Can’t wait to head over to RJS and watch the Bucs pummel the Cowpukes in prime time! Let’s see that Super Bowl Championship banner unfurled as well! Ole Jerry be green with envy!

• Richie Cartman

Participant

I saw a leak that the game at Eagles will be week 6 on Thursday Night. Also the Giants home game will apparently be a primetime game but not sure what it will be. Probably Monday night again.

• Richie Cartman

Participant

Bucs @ Saints Week 8 at 4:25 PM EST on Halloween.

Saints & Bucs Week 15 on Sunday Night Football again.

• Biggs3535

Participant

The Cowboys are a national snooze. We all tend to think they are relevant but they haven’t been in years. Think about this for a second. When Tampa won their first super bowl, you know, 18 fucking years ago, it had been 6 years since the Cowboys won it all last. No one outside of Dallas gives a fuck about the Cowboys.

If Winston is the starter in NO, it’s the Saints. Otherwise it almost has to be the Pats.

It’s like the sun rising in west. Whatever this dipshit says, you can bank on the opposite happening.

• theknees

Participant

It’s like the sun rising in west. Whatever this dipshit says, you can bank on the opposite happening.

You’ll figure it out someday Biggs. Clearly you are a little slow on the uptake.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Ah yes , the classic “its opposite day” excuse.
      we all believe you knees that you knew better.
      youre not a clown at all in any way.

psst- see what i did there?

• Roy

Participant

I’m very concerned about this schedule. Exhibit A: Miami. I see that game as possibly the biggest chance for a loss. WFT, Atlanta, Philly.

I see this schedule full of hungry teams looking to take the next step and spoil the Bucs “Run it Back” victory tour.

• BucsSavant

Participant

I’m very concerned about this schedule. Exhibit A: Miami. I see that game as possibly the biggest chance for a loss. WFT, Atlanta, Philly.

I see this schedule full of hungry teams looking to take the next step and spoil the Bucs “Run it Back” victory tour.

Worried about a big letdown/coming out flat after Brady’s big homecoming the week before? I suppose. It’s at home at least. Bye is week 8….more or less exactly where you want it. I would be pleasantly surprised if the team went 17-0, but looking over the schedule as of today there isn’t a single game I would circle for a loss. Carolina twice late…if they improve as some think they might possibly will be looking to play spoiler.

• seekpar

Participant

@LA Rams, @Miami, @Colts, Buffalo…I think there could be two losses within these four games. And there could be one stinker somewhere else, kinda like the Bears/Saints games last season. 14-3.

• theknees

Participant

Ah yes , the classic “its opposite day” excuse.
      we all believe you knees that you knew better.
      youre not a clown at all in any way.

psst- see what i did there?

You’d have to be not paying attention at all to think otherwise.

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.