Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/4887/nfl-nation-buzz-tampa-bay-buccaneers-33

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/4887/nfl-nation-buzz-tampa-bay-buccaneers-33

But McCown was throwing darts all over the field, he completed 30 out of every 10 passes ;)Pat must have only watched when Glennon played.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t disagree with Pat very often, he is a good friend and great reporter, but I do disagree on this. No question the defense by the end of the last mini-camp was solid, but through the OTAs and voluntary mini-camp the offense was impressive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pat must have had to hurry to make a tee time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Mark, sorry to beat a dead horse. Since you are viewing this thread, could you answer my question in the Insider Board about the OTA’s and where is the disconnect between ED’s reporting and Tampa Tribunes? Seems ints were viewed by both parties coming from different qbs.Thank you

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pat must have had to hurry to make a tee time.

Lol. Twilight rates kick in at 3pm. Better get out there soon if you want to squeeze in 18, Pat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmmm this is the first I’ve heard of anyone saying anything along those lines… of course almost everything I read comes from these boards lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Mark, sorry to beat a dead horse. Since you are viewing this thread, could you answer my question in the Insider Board about the OTA's and where is the disconnect between ED's reporting and Tampa Tribunes? Seems ints were viewed by both parties coming from different qbs.Thank you

I don't see the question on the insider board so I will try and answer here. Sometimes it is difficult to see, depending where you are standing. I will say this, we never sit on the patio chairs. We walk around and are standing 95% of the practices. The Trib doesn't. They are parked under the umbrellas. That isn't to say we missed one or two, or had the wrong guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Mark, sorry to beat a dead horse. Since you are viewing this thread, could you answer my question in the Insider Board about the OTA's and where is the disconnect between ED's reporting and Tampa Tribunes? Seems ints were viewed by both parties coming from different qbs.Thank you

I don't see the question on the insider board so I will try and answer here. Sometimes it is difficult to see, depending where you are standing. I will say this, we never sit on the patio chairs. We walk around and are standing 95% of the practices. The Trib doesn't. They are parked under the umbrellas. That isn't to say we missed one or two, or had the wrong guy.

Thanks MC, it was a reply in INSIDE BUCS MINI-CAMP 6-11: DBS MAKE PLAYS ON WEDNESDAY,  Just curious because ED and Roy both mentioned picks by Melvin and McDougald, but ED mentioned Glennon and Roy mentioned McCown on both as the qb. I just wanted clarification because either way paints a picture of bad play by one of the qbs.Thanks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t paid attention to Pat since he said Derrick Ward looked good in a pre-season game for us in which he was nothing but awful.He doesn't watch games or practices for that matter.  He's a corner cutting hack like most of the folks at ESPN.I feel sorry for Bucs fans who rely on ESPN for their Bucs news...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reporting on McCown has me considering two possibilities. First, he will be a pro bowler this year, or this is the biggest media hard on I’ve seen in Tampa Bay in a long long time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reporting on McCown has me considering two possibilities. First, he will be a pro bowler this year, or this is the biggest media hard on I've seen in Tampa Bay in a long long time.

Probably somewhere in the middle, after seeing Freeman in mini-camps the last four years McCown looks a Hall of Famer.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Probably somewhere in the middle, after seeing Freeman in mini-camps the last four years McCown looks a Hall of Famer.

^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^

And I may be too rough on Freeman, because a lot of what we saw from the offense was in my opinion a product of the system. So we may have to lump Sully and Olsen in with Freeman. it is hard to explain the pace of the offense other than uptempo and then the ball is out of the hand of the QB quickly. McCown has a compact motion, catches the ball out of the shotgun in almost a throwing setup. Glennon to me anyway is still a ways off from command, mobility and mechanics. I love Roy Cumming and respect Casserly, but I think both are way off base saying Glennon can or even will be the starter this season. McCown is Lovie's guy and unless McCown loses a spleen, a kidney and one of his arms, I think he starts all season.I am telling you guys, you won't recognize the QB position when camp opens to the public. It is that much of a night and day difference. And as I have stated I rally questioned the McCown signing initially, but after meeting him, watching him and talking to players and coaches, I am sold on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^^ Don’t tell 10lb

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Pat Yastinkas got all his information from reading PR anyway. Most of his “thoughts” oddly enough follow a very similar trend that they were discussed on PR a few days before hand.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^

And I may be too rough on Freeman, because a lot of what we saw from the offense was in my opinion a product of the system. So we may have to lump Sully and Olsen in with Freeman. it is hard to explain the pace of the offense other than uptempo and then the ball is out of the hand of the QB quickly. McCown has a compact motion, catches the ball out of the shotgun in almost a throwing setup. Glennon to me anyway is still a ways off from command, mobility and mechanics. I love Roy Cumming and respect Casserly, but I think both are way off base saying Glennon can or even will be the starter this season. McCown is Lovie's guy and unless McCown loses a spleen, a kidney and one of his arms, I think he starts all season.I am telling you guys, you won't recognize the QB position when camp opens to the public. It is that much of a night and day difference. And as I have stated I rally questioned the McCown signing initially, but after meeting him, watching him and talking to players and coaches, I am sold on him.

Let's hope the rest of the offense/team is sold on McCown too.  As far as Freeman, I don't think he ever really had his Olson or Sully's confidence and wound up being overcoached.  The root cause is he never really owned the playbook.  He had to think and could not just react. Perhaps the most damning evidence is how he struggled with the short passing game.  The deer in the headlight looks when things began to unravel was telling as well.  Some have said he needed a mentor and this may have an element of truth to it.  Regardless, he didn't rise to the challenge but collapsed under the pressure.All the more reason I agree with your assessment that McCown is the best option while Glennon takes his time to develop properly.  I like the spot we are in right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After 10/11 last week in the final day of OTAs, most that saw that said Glennon had control of the offense and looked as sharp as any QB has in Tedford’s scheme.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After 10/11 last week in the final day of OTAs, most that saw that said Glennon had control of the offense and looked as sharp as any QB has in Tedford's scheme.

Weird. I haven't seen a single report stating that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My take on Glennon is he has been put in a perfect situation by Lovie, with an opportunity to sit back and learn from a vet who seems to have a strong handle on the QB position as Tedford sees it. Last season, he was behind the unravelling mess that was Josh Freeman, and had to learn on the fly and under fire as a raw rookie. Given that, he had some very encouraging moments. Glennon seems a smart young man with an NFL arm, who I think as he matures under Tedford and Arroyo, will develop into a very good QB. Hopefully still with the Bucs.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I don't want to see Glennon at the start of the season. I want to see him have time to learn. And 8-10 games into the season, if McCown is playing well and the team is winning there's no way in hell they'll pull him out. Barring injury, I don't expect to see Glennon in the regular season this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reporting on McCown has me considering two possibilities. First, he will be a pro bowler this year, or this is the biggest media hard on I've seen in Tampa Bay in a long long time.

talk about beating a dead horse…that was cold MC lol… but yea McCown looks like a decent QB kinda like Garcia used to look.. I'm all in with McCown

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.