Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Before He Was a Buc: Charles Sims Interview By Rob Brewer May 28, 2014, 14:50 PM Charles Sims met with a group of reporters after his pro day workout on the campus of West Virginia University on March 21st, 2014. The soft-spoken Sims elected to only do positional drills as he stood on his other numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine.  According to WVUpros.com, representatives from 24 of the 32 NFL teams were confirmed to be in attendance for the workout. Despite the Mountaineers 4-8 record in 2013, Sims managed to have a great individual season, rushing for 1,095 yards and scoring 14 all-purpose touchdowns.  Sims also caught 40 passes for 401 yards during his lone season at West Virginia.  His hard work and dedication eventually earned him an opportunity with the Buccaneers, who selected Sims in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSNpbKNEhc8Read more at http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/buc-charles-sims-interview/#prHRHx5scptsG3M2.99

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like a pretty soft spoken guy, but so was Earl Campbell. Just hope he contributes big time to Tedfords offense. We can’t afford any failed draft picks this season. Hopefully they all contribute in some way, even if its special teams.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like a guy that would get run over and let the other guy score, but also a guy who should be good near goal line all on his own.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like a guy that would get run over and let the other guy score, but also a guy who should be good near goal line all on his own.

He has a little bit of size to him. 6 feet 205 or something like that. But he can still run, 4.4 at the combine.  I see him catching a ton of balls out of the backfield, a safety valve for McCown or Glennon. He will be taking a lot of shots after the catch, hopefully he is durable.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve done a full 180 on Sims from being shocked and slightly pissed that they chose a RB to being legitimately pumped about this guy. Honestly it didnt take long, once I read the scouting reports and saw some videos showcasing his skill. He’s gonna be a beast of a reciever out of the backfield, exactly what we needed to be able to go full up-tempo whenever we need to.

• Anonymous

Inactive

History shows that Lovie knows how to pick RBs. I was initially mad at the pick too, but then I remembered we have competent people running the team now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did a standing backflip on NFL.Com.  Athletic.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like were hoping he’s a Ricky Waters sans the fumbles.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why do I keep getting the feeling that this guy is going to wind up being a star???

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.