Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• Hate

Participant

I’d really like to know the reasoning for taking this show off of the air. After a 4 yr hiatus, still the best show on TV.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take one look at American Idol and you see too much of a good thing ….. by that I mean every good show eventually loses its luster, and by good I mean good ratings, not necessarily quality.Now, as you say, 24 has had a hiatus, then they have come back with a plot line that could be very good,, or dross after a few weeks, but what exactly do you think the ratings for tonight is going to be? I'm thinking huge.Personally I think today was good, but not great. With a plot line in the US pretty much anything goes, in the UK, not so much. There are constraints,  which could be used to enhance the plot line, but the whole genre of Jack going beserk and getting it done doesn't have the same credibility aspect in London. Basics like ammo for one.  It will be interesting to see how this progresses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember hearing interviews with Kiefer when they closed it out with season 8 that they felt like they wanted to end the show on a relatively high note instead of dragging it out like some shows do when they get up near 10 seasons…which they felt might have hurt the quality of the show. That tells me that the writers and show creators had hit sort of a wall with the story of Bauer and the theme of 24 in general. I mean, realistically, how many times can Jack stop the same sort of terrorist plot without it all seeming repetitive. It got to a certain point where the “mole” wasn’t even a surprise anymore. For me, the show peaked at season #5. That was by far the best season of any show that I have ever watched. The followed that with season 6, which I feel was the worst, looking back on it. 7 and 8 were solid, and though I was bummed to see my favorite show go off into the sunset, I did understand where they were coming from. Fast forward a few years. Word comes that a new 24 run is coming. When I heard it was going to just be 12 episodes, I thought was a perfect idea. It always seemed that every season there were about 10-12 really really intense episodes and the other 12 or so were more story building...though still were intense. A 12 episode run gives you a size of episodes where you can have a nice amount of chaos and not feel like you are throwing in a few episodes that could be watered down with plot building content. I'm hoping this leads to another few more mini-series type runs, and if the ratings are great, Fox will make it happen.

Please wait…

• mditt01

Participant

You know what I would like to see? A TV-MA HBO Jason Bourne miniseries, based on the books (Which are HIGHLY superior to the movies) Audiences deserve to see the Bourne series the way Ludlum intended.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Excellent start to the season.

Please wait…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.