Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Ronald Mac

Participant

1) CB Tyson Campbell
      *Not fully sold on the secondary, specifically CB. I think 23, 24, and 35 have shown flashes of greatness and flashes of embarrassment. See Dean’s game in Seattle, Carlton getting smoked by Tyreek for 200 yards in 1 quarter, Bunting giving up TDs in the regular season like he’s got a 2nd job as the agent of every WR he goes up against. Tyson fits the mold. Long, fast, athletic, physical. If he slips to 32, he’s a homerun for Tampa. I think he could have Patrick Peterson/Jalen Ramsey type ability. Carlton is in a contract year, and I’m not convinced that he’s worth a huge contract, he needs to be more consistent in 2021. Even if Davis is resigned, he and Tyson along with Dean would make for an imposing group of corners, just like Todd Bowles likes.

2) C Quinn Meinerz
      *Small school offensive lineman? Done deal, Licht can’t turn the card in fast enough. Worth noting Ryan Jensen hasn’t been extended, and is in a contract year. He’s eyeing one last big payday before hanging it up. I believe he plays elsewhere in 2022.

3) LB Jabril Cox
      *LSU LB? Lock it in. Licht has drafted/signed 4 so far.. (Kwon, Kendall Beckwith, Kevin Minter and Devin White). Jabril seems to be a little underrated in the media. If he’s there with our 3rd round pick he would be a great addition to the special teams unit, and an eventual replacement for Lavonte sometime down the line. His coverage skills make him especially intriguing for me.

4) QB Davis Mills
      The heady Stanford QB could be a sleeper worth taking a shot on in the mid rounds. He could go before this pick, but if available, I’d give him a look.

• seekpar

Participant

OL, DL, or Edge at 32 please.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If any cb round 1 id prefer surtain farley or horn. I doubt any fall that far. But i wouldn’t love a cb first round.

1. Idl
      2. Edge
      3. Rb
      4. Qb
      5. Ol
      6. Cb

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by DEBUCSOWN.
      • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by DEBUCSOWN.
      • This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Carlton Davis is in need of a contract. He will not re-sign for cheap. Unless we’re willing to give him $15 million a year, maybe it isn’t crazy to think if a stud CB falls to 32, we take him.

• Natural Selection

Participant

I think CB is the deepest position in this class. Maybe WR, but every year seems like a great WR class now. I’m seeing half a dozen corners I like available into the 4th /5th /6th rounds of the mock simulators. For that reason, I’d shy away from CB at 32. The depth of quality talent is not there with the big guys. Especially OT and DT. So if a tackle on either side that we like close to a WR/S/CB, even edge or LB, I’d be even more inclined to go with the big body than usual. I do see edge and interior oline prospects potentially slipping past round 3.

I like Quinn and would be happy to take him at 64. I’d prefer a guy like Trey Smith, who I think has tackle potential, but Smith may be gone by that point. I think we can find a G/C in rounds 4/5 but much less likely to get a T/G there. I wouldn’t mind one of each if we’re able to trade back and pick up and extra pick or two.

I don’t think there is any way Cox falls to the end of the third. That would be awesome, but I feel extremely unlikely. I do like a couple of the big safeties/LBs that could be there or later like Deablo from VT or Stevens from LSU. Who I feel would grow into a similar role I’d see Cox filling. I really like Jabril but don’t know he’s an early down mlb in a 3/4 or 4/3 scheme.

I don’t HATE Mills but would not use that premium draft asset on him. Personally, I would not take him before our 6th pick. I don’t think this is a great year to get a developmental QB.

• Roy

Participant

Carlton Davis is in need of a contract. He will not re-sign for cheap. Unless we’re willing to give him $15 million a year, maybe it isn’t crazy to think if a stud CB falls to 32, we take him.

Davis will likely be the franchise taggee next year.

But I’m OK with drafting a CB if that’s who there. Its a high value position in today’s NFL. DT, LT, QB, shutdown CB. It’s right up there as one of the important positions, so I’m OK with it if that’s the direction they go.

• m_j

Participant

CB is our biggest need!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

IF a top five CB is there at #32 the Bucs don’t blink. Need to improve depth and special teams.

Bucs defensive needs are the following: DL, LB, edge rusher, CB, S.

In other words everything.

Build the trenches!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

CB is our biggest need!

Can’t tell if serious.

We have 3 above average corners under 25 y/o.

All signed thru 2022 at least sans davis. Cockrell has shown flashes as well.

CB is arguably the last position we need, at least on defense imho.

• Swash

Participant

I understand your point here. But Cockrell is not under contract right now.

• m_j

Participant

CB is our biggest need!

Can’t tell if serious.

it is for me, the coverage in the regular season was simply awful, all the way until the playoffs, and even in the playoffs, washington game wasn’t good

then suddenly they turned the page, but that was also due to pressure our DL was able to create!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Bucs need everything on defense. NT, 3 tech, 5 tech, ILB, OLB, CB, and S.

A combination of drafted and undrafted free agents with veteran free agents will be the backbone of the depth.

Build the trenches!

• FinkleisEinhorn

Participant

I still don’t trust SMB. In his young career he’s shown more Hyde than Jekyll. I wouldn’t be opposed to a CB at 32. Asante Samuel Jr or G. Newsome would be intriguing options.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I’d be OK if we picked up another good corner in the draft. Can’t have enough of them in the league today.

• seekpar

Participant

I’ve been pushing for OL DL or Edge at 32. Previous poster mentioned youth at CB and S. Old guys on DL and Edge may need to be replaced after 2021 season. Licht has used up his D backfield picks in the past 4 drafts.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

CB is our biggest need!

Can’t tell if serious.

it is for me, the coverage in the regular season was simply awful, all the way until the playoffs, and even in the playoffs, washington game wasn’t good

then suddenly they turned the page, but that was also due to pressure our DL was able to create!

Totally agree, it was tough watching that defensive backfield, which absolutely is the weakest part of the defense. Bottom half in both passing and 3rd downs, I’m on board for not just a CB, but a DB in general, like if you told me we could get another AW at 32 how is that not going to improve the defense more than a pass rush sub? With an already solid run D and pass rush maybe DB help could make this a real championship quality defense, instead of a one hit wonder defense, can’t count of every OL looking like the chiefs.

• Ronald Mac

Participant

Keep in mind when JPP and Suh leave.. that frees up 20m that we can use in free agency on replacements. A run stuffing DL isn’t hard to find, they are available every year. We also will be paying a rookie QB after 2 years most likely, so that’s even more money to throw at a JPP replacement. Good corners are not nearly as easy to come by in free agency.

• Swash

Participant

It’s not a cliche. Bucs need to draft the best player available. Except kicker and tight end. Other than that every position needs depth or a solid rotational piece. This is a dream roster heading into a draft.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.