Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• blind melon

Participant

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-running-back-units/....2. Tampa Bay BuccaneersStarter: Doug MartinBackup: Charles SimsKey stat: Doug Martin and Charles Sims both earned top-five marks among RBs in elusive rating last season.Martin ended last season with the highest rushing grade among all NFL running backs, but the problem is we can’t always be sure how long his high levels will last. Martin has two stud seasons on his résumé alongside two duds, and it seems like any sort of injury seriously hampers Martin’s game-breaking ability. Even if Martin does falter, though, Charles Sims has proven that he has the ability to be a featured back in this league. Sims is already arguably the top third-down back in the NFL, and earned the fourth-highest receiving grade at the position last season....

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-running-back-units/....2. Tampa Bay BuccaneersStarter: Doug MartinBackup: Charles SimsKey stat: Doug Martin and Charles Sims both earned top-five marks among RBs in elusive rating last season.Martin ended last season with the highest rushing grade among all NFL running backs, but the problem is we can’t always be sure how long his high levels will last. Martin has two stud seasons on his résumé alongside two duds, and it seems like any sort of injury seriously hampers Martin’s game-breaking ability. Even if Martin does falter, though, Charles Sims has proven that he has the ability to be a featured back in this league. Sims is already arguably the top third-down back in the NFL, and earned the fourth-highest receiving grade at the position last season....

Wow, I agree with this statement but for some reason I was shocked to read that from a national media outlet.  Rock on Chuck !

• Anonymous

Inactive

These guys (to include Vitale) are going to be super-important to JW in progressing in this offense.  Such a difference if you look at the Bucs a few years back.Hard to contain my optimism.

• rpratto

Participant

Top THIRD DOWN back.  He shies away from full contact, which prevents him from being a great every-down back.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Top THIRD DOWN back.  He shies away from full contact, which prevents him from being a great every-down back.

Totally agree. Nothing I've seen from him would suggest he has the ability to be a featured back. Too much dancing in the backfield to be effective in short yardage situations. Love him in a complimentary role, though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally agree. Nothing I've seen from him would suggest he has the ability to be a featured back. Too much dancing in the backfield to be effective in short yardage situations. Love him in a complimentary role, though.

SMH haven't you learned yet?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn, and you don’t even need a running game in the NFL any more!

• Anonymous

Inactive

this is the best RB scenario we’ve had since we had a YOUNG Dunn and Alstott in the backfield. Sl happy we brought back Martin, and though I hated the pick at the time, Sims is turning out to be a fantastic compliment to Martin as a 3rd down back. He is NOT a feature back IMO, but fortunately that’s not his role.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really looking forward to finding out who the 3rd/4th guy will be.(not including Vitale - I'm guessing he won't count as an RB).43 Barber, Peyton RB 5-11 225 22 R Auburn44 Hansbrough, Russell RB 5-9 195 22 R Missouri25 James, Mike RB 5-10 223 25 4 Miami (Fla.)36 Johnson, Storm RB 6-0 216 24 2 Central FloridaIMO - Barber and James are the top two candidates, unless someone can pull a PR job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao.... I thought about you as I was typing that. Do you get some type of alert when I make any type of Chuck Sims post?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really looking forward to finding out who the 3rd/4th guy will be.(not including Vitale - I'm guessing he won't count as an RB).43 Barber, Peyton RB 5-11 225 22 R Auburn44 Hansbrough, Russell RB 5-9 195 22 R Missouri25 James, Mike RB 5-10 223 25 4 Miami (Fla.)36 Johnson, Storm RB 6-0 216 24 2 Central FloridaIMO - Barber and James are the top two candidates, unless someone can pull a PR job.

don't see why you're looking forward to guys that will get maybe 2-3 touches a game at best. Unless we have a major injury, nobody past Martin and Sims will matter.

• Marcia

Participant

We have the best backfield in the league period.  Also, we have a HC that wouldn’t dream of handcuffing them.  It’s going to be fun!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have the best backfield in the league period.

based on what?

• vlagatta

this thread is one of the reasons I’m glad we have no visiting fans from other clubs come here

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao.... I thought about you as I was typing that. Do you get some type of alert when I make any type of Chuck Sims post?

I just sense a disturbance in the force. Hate is hating on Chuck Skywalker again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

don't see why you're looking forward to guys that will get maybe 2-3 touches a game at best. Unless we have a major injury, nobody past Martin and Sims will matter.

Quality Depth.  Training Camp Competition.  Not that difficult to understand - right?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if D-Mart is going to use the same training program as he did last season. It seemed to work well for him. I hope he does not change things now that he got paid.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if D-Mart is going to use the same training program as he did last season. It seemed to work well for him. I hope he does not change things now that he got paid.

I think we will know pretty quickly if he has the same juice. It was pretty obvious early last year the fire he was running with.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doug Martin just needs to stay healthy. Two of his four years he hasn’t..

• Marcia

Participant

based on what?

Give me a better QB/RB combo in the league. 6000 + production.  doesnt happen everywhere. Levon Bell is injured and isnt part of this eval.

• Anonymous

Inactive

based on what?

Chuck Skywalker

• Anonymous

Inactive

Charles Sims is gonna go OFF this year with receiving yards and TDs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

People sleeping on Doug. I don’t see the guy mailing it in just because he got paid. I think he’s going to come out swinging in 2016. Lack of production in 2014/2015 was due to injury not lack of motivation.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I used to care what PFF had to say until I figured out they have no idea what they’re talking about. The only good thing about that site is seeing some stats you won’t see anywhere else. Their “ratings”? Pffft.

• suesweat

Participant

based on what?

Give me a better QB/RB combo in the league. 6000 + production.  doesnt happen everywhere. Levon Bell is injured and isnt part of this eval.

It doesn't even happen in Tampa. Winston, Martin, and Sims combined for 5,973 yards last season. The reality is just because the Vikes have less yards that doesn't make Tampa better. The Vikes went 11-5 last year with their QB/RB combo.

• Marcia

Participant

based on what?

It doesn't even happen in Tampa. Winston, Martin, and Sims combined for 5,973 yards last season. The reality is just because the Vikes have less yards that doesn't make Tampa better. The Vikes went 11-5 last year with their QB/RB combo.

Because in Minny, they actually played defense.  Everything changes with improved defensive play.  More offensive snaps, less scoring by the opposition, you get the idea.  Our offense needs to improve in the red zone and that is about it.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.