Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• Runole

Participant

Not exactly the foundation of game planning in the NFL.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

It happened to Dallas in the regular season last year.  Just be happy that we have it for preseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It happened to Dallas in the regular season last year.  Just be happy that we have it for preseason.

I am Thank God! they are just Pre Season games that mean NOTHING!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think your math is a little wrong buddy.  It might have been 11 practice days, but it was 14 calendar days.vs Minn Aug 15thvs Cincy Aug 24thvs Brownies Aug 29thThe difference between the 15th and the 29th is 14 days.  Now for the Browns...vs Redskins 13 Augvs Bills 20 AugVs Bucs 29 AugSo they had three games in 16 days, not that big of a deltaThe number you want to look at is the difference between the last two games. 5 days for the Bucs and 9 days for the Browns. That is a big difference.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread is nothing but an excuse thread created by the excuse machine.Lots of excuses blowing around these threads.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, considering the brownies had twice the practice time as the Bucs and twice the time to rest up from the previous game, that can be a factor in the poor play this week.  However, I agree with you, it is not an end all be all excuse.  In season, coming off a Monday Night game, they would only have 1 more day to prepare.  I also think maybe the players were a bit full of themselves from the Cincy game and maybe thought it would be easy. Doesn't matter how you look at it, or what excuse you throw out, Winston played a poor game.  And just like Monday's good game, there will be more of these to come.  It's a process.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think your math is a little wrong buddy.  It might have been 11 practice days, but it was 14 calendar days.vs Minn Aug 15thvs Cincy Aug 24thvs Brownies Aug 29thThe difference between the 15th and the 29th is 14 days.  Now for the Browns...vs Redskins 13 Augvs Bills 20 AugVs Bucs 29 AugSo they had three games in 16 days, not that big of a deltaThe number you want to look at is the difference between the last two games. 5 days for the Bucs and 9 days for the Browns. That is a big difference.

He's talking about weeks 2-4 of the preseason, not weeks 1-3.  This isn't about making excuses for the Browns game.That said, starters typically barely play in week 4 of the preseason, so this really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's talking about weeks 2-4 of the preseason, not weeks 1-3.  This isn't about making excuses for the Browns game.That said, starters typically barely play in week 4 of the preseason, so this really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Well that makes even less sense.  How does having to play a game Thursday have any bearing what so ever on Saturdays game? Or is he just preparing an excuse for Thursday?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's talking about weeks 2-4 of the preseason, not weeks 1-3.  This isn't about making excuses for the Browns game.Correct...That said, starters typically barely play in week 4 of the preseason, so this really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Oh it isn't a big deal, I am just pointing out that in these practice games they aren't about "Game Planning", and definitely the BUCS should keep many of their starters on the bench this week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well that makes even less sense.  How does having to play a game Thursday have any bearing what so ever on Saturdays game? Or is he just preparing an excuse for Thursday?

Where did he say anything at all about Saturdays game in this thread?  I think he's just grousing about the schedule in general.Although honestly, week 4's game being on a Thursday gives us extra time to get ready for week 1 of the regular season.  That's probably what really matters.  Since serious, games on week 4 of the preseason are kind of worthless unless you're a bubble player anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where did he say anything at all about Saturdays game in this thread?  I think he's just grousing about the schedule in general.Although honestly, week 4's game being on a Thursday gives us extra time to get ready for week 1 of the regular season.  That's probably what really matters.  Since serious, games on week 4 of the preseason are kind of worthless unless you're a bubble player anyways.

agree    I like the fact that the BUCS will get extra time for the game that counts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You do realize that every team is playing on Thursday right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoops, no.  I didn’t – I honestly didn’t look at the schedule beyond “when are the Bucs playing”.  Ah well, I’m not afraid to fess up when I goof.  My apologies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think playing a game monday and then the quick turnaround to saturday was tough and a detriment to the team but thats far from the only reason the team played so bad

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You do realize that every team is playing on Thursday right?

Actually I do, but that doesn't change the thought that the extra time off won't help the Bucs properly game plan for Tennessee.    That was something they were able to do for Cincy but they got the same treatment from the Browns who had the same advantage playing the Bucs.  Its all good the Bucs got to play against a 3-4.  Great learning experience.Thursday game will be for first decisions on the last few roster spots that probably will change dramatically when the 53  number is reached.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think playing a game monday and then the quick turnaround to saturday was tough and a detriment to the team but thats far from the only reason the team played so bad

Guys...the teams don't even play the starters the entire game...WTF is up with these excuses?The Bucs were flat Sat night...Cleveland ran a punt back for a TD after a 3 & out...basically punching the Bucs right in the mouth. It went south from there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guys...the teams don't even play the starters the entire game...WTF is up with these excuses?The Bucs were flat Sat night...Cleveland ran a punt back for a TD after a 3 & out...basically punching the Bucs right in the mouth. It went south from there.

Exactly.  In game 2, the starters played what, 20+ minutes?  If playing 7 days apart (in general), is enough rest between games for playing 60 minutes, then 5 days is more than enough rest for playing 20 minutes.The only person who truly failed the other night was Lovie Smith anyway.  No one should be making excuses for the players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My post isnt an excuse at allbasically pointing out that it doesnt help them in terms of prep time but wasnt the reason they were terribleobviously its an adjustment playing a 3-4 team but the issue saturday was fundamentals. blocking, tackling, lining up etcim not making any excuse for how they played

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In December 2005 we had 3 road games in 13 days. Last one was at New England where got destroyed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly.  In game 2, the starters played what, 20+ minutes?  If playing 7 days apart (in general), is enough rest between games for playing 60 minutes, then 5 days is more than enough rest for playing 20 minutes.The only person who truly failed the other night was Lovie Smith anyway.  No one should be making excuses for the players.

Most teams hardly spend the time to game plan...Except the Bucs when they ambushed the Bengals and then the Browns got us.... Both teams needed a win and put the time in...Other than that, the Bucs probably didn't have the time to make adjustments for a 3-4 team...95 players had to be evaluated plus scouting other teams rosters...who's got time to game plan a friggin' preseason game in 4 days?...That's not accounting for everything, but it's a part of it....Break into freak out mode in after the first 4 real games, not the 3rd game preseason...Worse than Ian Beckles the lot of ya...Bunch of Bridge Jumpers...Jeez...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most teams hardly spend the time to game plan...Except the Bucs when they ambushed the Bengals and then the Browns got us.... Both teams needed a win and put the time in...Other than that, the Bucs probably didn't have the time to make adjustments for a 3-4 team...95 players had to be evaluated plus scouting other teams rosters...who's got time to game plan a friggin' preseason game in 4 days?...That's not accounting for everything, but it's a part of it....Break into freak out mode in after the first 4 real games, not the 3rd game preseason...Worse than Ian Beckles the lot of ya...Bunch of Bridge Jumpers...Jeez...

Some of what you profess is true...and some of it just simply accepting mediocrity...Good for you, bub, you have accepted that (censored) that was put on display on Sat night. Some of us are tired of spending our hard earned money to go sit at RJS and be left feeling like we got kicked in the nuts in the 1st QTR.I ain't anywhere near a bridgejumper...but, I ain't gonna sit around and keep telling everyone..."It's only preseason, it doesn't mean anything". That's a bull(censored) cop out...it does mean something...this (censored)ing team needs to learn how to win!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of what you profess is true...and some of it just simply accepting mediocrity...Good for you, bub, you have accepted that (censored) that was put on display on Sat night. Some of us are tired of spending our hard earned money to go sit at RJS and be left feeling like we got kicked in the nuts in the 1st QTR.I ain't anywhere near a bridgejumper...but, I ain't gonna sit around and keep telling everyone..."It's only preseason, it doesn't mean anything". That's a bull(censored) cop out...it does mean something...this (censored)ing team needs to learn how to win!!

First of all Vince Lombardi, I'm not "Bub"Secondly, I knew how good this team was going into season, you should have too...Do you really think these teams give a rats azz about winning a preseason game?"Teams use preseason to learn how to win"...laughable...This is Pro Football son, not pony league...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First of all Vince Lombardi, I'm not "Bub"Secondly, I knew how good this team was going into season, you should have too...Do you really think these teams give a rats azz about winning a preseason game?"Teams use preseason to learn how to win"...laughable...This is Pro Football son, not pony league...

We all have an idea of how good this team is "supposed" to be...and Sat night was NOT it!You are SO right, teams don't give a shit about winning preseason games...but game 3 of the preseason is a "dress rehearsal", starters play into the 3rd qtr...and the Bucs got smacked right in the mouth by the Cleveland Browns...let that sink in...the Bucs got punked by BROWNS.30-70 over the last 100 games says this team doesn't know how to win...but, since it preseason, I guess they are just going to flip the switch and everything will all better in 12 days. Your right, bub...we are going to be fine.Bottom line...this year is shaping up to rougher than originally expected. It is really looking like a 6 win team...a couple of games less than what I had originally hoped/prayed for...Going into the bye...this team likes the best they can hope for is 2-3. IF they are better than 2-3 going into the bye, I will be down right giddy!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The preseason is important to our rookie QB. He needs the reps. He has come up limp in 2 games and had to come out early. There was even some talk about getting him some snaps in game 4 but that plan is most likely out the window with his bad ankle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are SO right, teams don't give a (censored) about winning preseason games...but game 3 of the preseason is a "dress rehearsal", starters play into the 3rd qtr...and the Bucs got smacked right in the mouth by the Cleveland Browns...let that sink in...the Bucs got punked by BROWNS.

the score was 17-7 at half, right?  a half yard on a QB scramble and its probably a one score game at half.  not quite a punking with the starters imo.i didnt see the second half.  did all our starters play the 3rd qtr?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are SO right, teams don't give a (censored) about winning preseason games...but game 3 of the preseason is a "dress rehearsal", starters play into the 3rd qtr...and the Bucs got smacked right in the mouth by the Cleveland Browns...let that sink in...the Bucs got punked by BROWNS.

the score was 17-7 at half, right?  a half yard on a QB scramble and its probably a one score game at half.  not quite a punking with the starters imo.i didnt see the second half.  did all our starters play the 3rd qtr?

They played one or two series into the third...

Please wait…

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.