Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• JDouble

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

His opening press conference honestly reminded me of Raheem’s. It was that much of a train wreck.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he is a great defensive line coach, but he has always come off as a simple minded meat head with anger management issues. I will be absolutely amazed if he isn’t a complete failure as head coach. I think the idea that Jim Harbaugh was the problem in San Francisco is clearly not true. That ownership is obviously dysfunctional and apparently clueless.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol! Wow.http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/tomsula-addresses-process-finding-coordinators

OMG this is for real?  I thought it was a SNL skit at first. I was waiting for someone to say, "Live from NY, it's Saturday Night!".  ;D

• billym

Participant

Baalke runs the show there. He just wanted someone he could pull the puppet strings.

• Anonymous

Inactive

we need this dude to interview Lovie and ask him some of the Tedford questions lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reminds me of what we did when Raheem turned HC, we came from a top coach in Gruden to position coach that players love. Look how it turned out for us…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have thought if they were going to promote from within, Fangio or Roman would seem like the likely choices. I really can’t wrap my head around the 49ers right now. They went from being one of the best overall teams in 2012 and 2013, to pissing away 2014, and on track to be a complete cluster (censored) in 2015 and beyond…..and it all appears to be completely self inflicted. Still think we should try to trade for Patrick Willis. The franchise seems to be to be so dysfunctional, there is no telling what they might do. Low ball em and see what happens!

• mdclarie

Participant

49ers are done… they will suck and be 3rd or 4th in that division for the next 2-3 years. Huge mistake getting rid of Harbaugh then bringing in THIS?Hell we may win more games than them next year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

His opening press conference honestly reminded me of Raheem's. It was that much of a train wreck.

This one was worse. At least Raheem attempted to answer most of the questions.

• Anonymous

Inactive

49ers are done... they will suck and be 3rd or 4th in that division for the next 2-3 years. Huge mistake getting rid of Harbaugh then bringing in THIS?Hell we may win more games than them next year.

Remember when we curb stomped them 21-0 in 2010? We could see that again soon. I really feel like they are gonna be bad.

• Anonymous

Inactive

49ers are done... they will suck and be 3rd or 4th in that division for the next 2-3 years. Huge mistake getting rid of Harbaugh then bringing in THIS?Hell we may win more games than them next year.

Remember when we curb stomped them 21-0 in 2010? We could see that again soon. I really feel like they are gonna be bad.

I was at the game, Felt good!

• Anonymous

Inactive

My daughter is a Niners fan. Maybe she will change her mind and be like her dad...Go Bucs!That presser was fun to watch. It beats the vanilla Ambien that is Lovie Smith. At least I could watch that and be mesmerized by the idea that this goomba is going to run the show for the Niners?  He doesn't come across as rational. Probably why his defensive line was so good.

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the qualities of a good head coach is to get his players so keyed up that wining is more important than the body’s natural instincts to avoid physical pain. This fellow just doesn't seem to have communication skills.SF parted with a good coach.Wish he would have come the Bucs way.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idiotic to let Fangio walk. The only reason why they wouldn’t have given the job to Fangio was because of Baalke.This team is about to take a nose dive.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idiotic to let Fangio walk. The only reason why they wouldn't have given the job to Fangio was because of Baalke.This team is about to take a nose dive.

Gotta wonder if they were really let go, or did they leave? Seems kinda reasonable that they would be pissed that they were passed over for Tomsula, and they can probably see where the franchise is headed. Perhaps Fangio and Roman refused to stay.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Read a few stories that if Fangio wasn’t hired as HC, then he didn’t want to be brought back. To me, he should have been the obvious choice. That is indirectly letting him go.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah. I think what is even more damning is the fact that every single coordinator and assistant coach was “fired” too. It sounds like everyone on that staff had the same reaction to replacing Harbaugh with Tomsula. They can say fired, but it looks a lot more like everyone abandoning ship.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not gonna pass judgement on the guy because he’s stonefaced in the presence of the media.  It’s not a good quality to have in a coach, but it’s certainly not a death knell either.“Because of Belichick's terrible relationship with the media, perhaps the worst in NFL history, the Raiders are the only team that could give him another chance to be a head coach.” - John McClain, Houston Chronicle (1997)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol! Wow.http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/tomsula-addresses-process-finding-coordinators

OMG this is for real?  I thought it was a SNL skit at first. I was waiting for someone to say, "Live from NY, it's Saturday Night!".  ;D

I thought the same thing. Wow.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They elevated Tomsula because they think they can control him.This is a train wreck in progress.It's an early judgement, but this guy seems to be in way over his head already and its only the first day.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not gonna pass judgement on the guy because he's stonefaced in the presence of the media.  It's not a good quality to have in a coach, but it's certainly not a death knell either.“Because of Belichick's terrible relationship with the media, perhaps the worst in NFL history, the Raiders are the only team that could give him another chance to be a head coach.” - John McClain, Houston Chronicle (1997)

Really? Bellichick? Bellichick sucks with the media because he doesn't want to deal with them and doesn't have to. This guy can't respond to an automated phone system.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idiotic to let Fangio walk. The only reason why they wouldn't have given the job to Fangio was because of Baalke.This team is about to take a nose dive.

Gotta wonder if they were really let go, or did they leave? Seems kinda reasonable that they would be pissed that they were passed over for Tomsula, and they can probably see where the franchise is headed. Perhaps Fangio and Roman refused to stay.

they couldn't go anywhere if they were under contract.

• billym

Participant

If they are having a fire sale, Kaep for Glennon?Get it done L&L

• Anonymous

Inactive

Leave Ron Jeremy alone, guys! #WarHedgehog

• Anonymous

Inactive

My daughter is a Niners fan. Maybe she will change her mind and be like her dad...Go Bucs!

You have been trying to pick winners?  Or you just going with uniform colors… who has the best snacks or coldest beer….  ;D

• Anonymous

Inactive

they couldn't go anywhere if they were under contract.

Not technically, but If it's all out mutiny, ownership doesn't really have a choice but to clean house. You can't force an entire disgruntled staff to stay if they are all refusing to cooperate. It just seems really odd that they would promote a HC from inside their own ranks... And then fire every single person from that staff. Very odd.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. The reaction here is priceless. Half of you dorks can’t even get through a first date without breathing into a paper bag and fumbling your inhaler.It seemed like the 49ers told him not to say anything the media could twist and to give good ole coach doublespeak and empty words.Fortunately this guy doesn't have a knack for it. I hope he does well, trusts his coordinators and botches every interview on the way to the playoffs."Sir, your team is winning, how do you feel about that?""Well I wouldn't say I feel one way or another about winning. I like winning but having an opinion on winning is just taking a side and I'd rather not do that. I'd rather the players and coaches learn to enjoy winning. I mean if that's what they want to do. I'm the head coach."

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not much worse than lovie pressers.It's not about the future, it's always about the future.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. The reaction here is priceless. Half of you dorks can't even get through a first date without breathing into a paper bag and fumbling your inhaler.It seemed like the 49ers told him not to say anything the media could twist and to give good ole coach doublespeak and empty words.Fortunately this guy doesn't have a knack for it. I hope he does well, trusts his coordinators and botches every interview on the way to the playoffs."Sir, your team is winning, how do you feel about that?""Well I wouldn't say I feel one way or another about winning. I like winning but having an opinion on winning is just taking a side and I'd rather not do that. I'd rather the players and coaches learn to enjoy winning. I mean if that's what they want to do. I'm the head coach."

They have talent and they could get into the playoffs but you have to admit he's sounds like a jackass in that interview.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really? Bellichick? Bellichick sucks with the media because he doesn't want to deal with them and doesn't have to.

It's easy to say that in hindsight. Have you seen some of his interviews / press conferences from his days in Cleveland? Belichick is not the most eloquent speaker nor charismatic. But because he gets results on the field no one questions it- *now. Here are some snippets of his Cleveland days:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjIbTyXEXGchttp://www.newsnet5.com/news/news-archives/video-vault-cleveland-browns-hire-bill-belichick-in-1991As for the 49ers Tomsula, we don't know what will happen to the 49ers under him but with most of the 49ers staff reportedly being released from their contracts it's a questionable start.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really? Bellichick? Bellichick sucks with the media because he doesn't want to deal with them and doesn't have to.

It's easy to say that in hindsight. Have you seen some of his interviews / press conferences from his days in Cleveland? Belichick is not the most eloquent speaker nor charismatic. But because he gets results on the field no one questions it- *now. Here are some snippets of his Cleveland days:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjIbTyXEXGchttp://www.newsnet5.com/news/news-archives/video-vault-cleveland-browns-hire-bill-belichick-in-1991As for the 49ers Tomsula, we don't know what will happen to the 49ers under him but with most of the 49ers staff reportedly being released from their contracts it's a questionable start.

Exactly.  It's all about success.  I was having a conversation with a friend of mine a few weeks ago, and I brought up Schiano's attacking of the victory formation.It was largely ridiculed by the media, and it contributed to Schiano's ****head reputation, but had it been successful... had we recovered a fumble, thrown a long pass, and subsequently won the game... the universal disapproval would've been tempered tremendously.That's Belichick's career.  Give the finger to every social queue that doesn't contribute to victory.  As long as you're an elite team and the ownership has your back, the media can't touch you.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. The reaction here is priceless. Half of you dorks can't even get through a first date without breathing into a paper bag and fumbling your inhaler.It seemed like the 49ers told him not to say anything the media could twist and to give good ole coach doublespeak and empty words.Fortunately this guy doesn't have a knack for it. I hope he does well, trusts his coordinators and botches every interview on the way to the playoffs."Sir, your team is winning, how do you feel about that?""Well I wouldn't say I feel one way or another about winning. I like winning but having an opinion on winning is just taking a side and I'd rather not do that. I'd rather the players and coaches learn to enjoy winning. I mean if that's what they want to do. I'm the head coach."

They have talent and they could get into the playoffs but you have to admit he's sounds like a jackass in that interview.

This guy is too nervous and worried about saying "something" he shouldn't. A jackass mistakes nervousness for a lack of IQ ;P (jk)

• Anonymous

Inactive

wouldn’t be surprise if the 49ers window in now closed. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is hard enough going from coordinator to head coach. It’s even a bigger jump going from a position coach to a head coach. The learning curve is tremendous. We went through that with Raheem.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reporter was obnoxious.  What NFL coach would have answered those questions?  None.  I would have stonewalled that fool also. 

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.