Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• obuc

Participant

I listen to the Sports Day Tampa Bay podcast with Rick Stroud. He mentioned that he has heard that Leonard 4net and or his agent are asking for a contract in “the stratosphere”. He doesn’t know the number but it was enough for the Pats and Seattle to go looking elsewhere.

The problem with not facing reality here is that there are at least 4 or more good RB’s in the draft and only so many teams are in the market. If he isn’t careful he will price himself out of a job.

I would look for a possible AB signing in the next day or two and probably 4net still out there doing whatever unemployed football players do this time of year.

• tiapanda

Participant

Maybe he’s looking at it from the point of view that that’s the kind of contract it would take to pry him away from the Bucs, otherwise he signs a reasonable contract with Tampa Bay, or maybe he’s just delusional.

• JC5100

Participant

Horrible in the regular season minus one run. He was a healthy scratch multiple games. Look at some of these stat lines

7 carries 15 yards
      8 carries 19 yards
      7 carries 17 yards
      5 carries 13 yards

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Horrible in the regular season minus one run. He was a healthy scratch multiple games. Look at some of these stat lines

7 carries 15 yards
      8 carries 19 yards
      7 carries 17 yards
      5 carries 13 yards

Fournette is the type of back that needs to be the workhorse.

look at his stats since being the starter in like week 15. One could argue we lose one of the playoff games without Fournette. Let’s not act like Green Bay and New Orleans were blow outs.

Fournette has the best hands of any back on the roster and needs to be resigned as Brady likes to check down.

Throw $4M at him and be done with it.

• obuc

Participant

4 million might not be enough for him. “Stratosphere” might mean 8-9 million.

• buccnation

Participant

Fournette was a leader in drop passes of all running backs. His hands aren’t that good. He’s also a subpar blocker to go along with an average runner. He’s overrated. Let him leave. Running backs like him are a dime a dozen.

He’s a worse version of RoJo with slightly better hands. His best asset is as a runner and RoJo is by Much better in that category.

• Runole

Participant

So glad the BUCS place no value on your opinions. lol

• BucD

Participant

We already have RBs on the roster that can’t catch nor can they pass block well, we don’t need another one especially a pricey one.

I love Lombardi Lenny for his time here, but sign a vet cheap and draft a RB. That drafted RB hopefully has shown, and proven, that they can be a big plus in the pass game.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

4 million might not be enough for him. “Stratosphere” might mean 8-9 million.

well yeah if he is that delusional that you let him sit on the market.

given what other backs are getting, he should jump at a 1 year, 4 M deal and that he can try his luck next year. I think that is a fair price for him. What was he last year, 2 MIL cut right right before the season so Jacksonville can assure #1 pick?

No matter where he goes, he will split carries and let’s not act like RoJo is proven just yet so he could wrestle away the lead back job from him, especially given his playoff performance, easier than some other places. Remember, he had to learn the playbook on the fly last year so a full off-season in the offense will only benefit him.

If he goes to Seattle, he is clear #2 to Carson. He could go to New England but the last time they had a 1000 yard rusher was in 2016 with Blount. Tampa is the best place for him unless a running back deprived team emerges where he’d be clear #1

• kenntak

Participant

Call his bluff! Let’s see what he could get on the market. If other teams would pay him significantly more, let him go. Would he really trade a few more dollars for a chance at a repeat?!?

• Welsh Buc

Participant

You can upgrade him in the draft – just get AB done

• mjs020294

Participant

No one is giving Fournette big money, especially the Bucs.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

We don’t need Fournette,and our cap situation is very tight. Assuming Rojo can stay healthy, he can handle the lead back duties. I might be the only one, but I actually believe in (Sneaky) Vaughn developing into a very solid/good 2nd back. In extremely limited reps, he showed a few glimpses of good vision and tough running. Vaughn def had costly drops and fumbles, one of which he got absolutely LIT UP and not sure many guys could’ve held on after that hit. I truly believe, if Arians gives him a chance, Vaughn will prove he’s a very capable back. Too bad we didn’t hang onto Calais, as he could’ve been our explosive receiving back.
      So please just save whatever little cap room we have left and use it toward some Edge and dline depth

• RudeGuy

Participant

No one is giving Fournette big money, especially the Bucs.

Maybe he’s been talking to Winston and they both agreed he was ballin’ the entire season. ;)

• BadabingBucs

Participant

We don’t need Fournette,and our cap situation is very tight. Assuming Rojo can stay healthy, he can handle the lead back duties. I might be the only one, but I actually believe in (Sneaky) Vaughn developing into a very solid/good 2nd back. In extremely limited reps, he showed a few glimpses of good vision and tough running. Vaughn def had costly drops and fumbles, one of which he got absolutely LIT UP and not sure many guys could’ve held on after that hit. I truly believe, if Arians gives him a chance, Vaughn will prove he’s a very capable back. Too bad we didn’t hang onto Calais, as he could’ve been our explosive receiving back.
      So please just save whatever little cap room we have left and use it toward some Edge and dline depth

who catches the balls from Brady? Without Fournette or Brate, we dont win superbowl, yet everyone wants these two off the team lol

• jaybuc88

Participant

All this negative talk on Fournette, dude had game changing runs during the playoffs and super bowl that I don’t think RoJo can make. How can you discount what he did during those games?? He literally helped them win.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

All this negative talk on Fournette, dude had game changing runs during the playoffs and super bowl that I don’t think RoJo can make. How can you discount what he did during those games?? He literally helped them win.

yeah i dont understand it.

one of the most underrated re-signings this offseason. Fournette should be the starter and i think he will be given every opportunity to be the #1 back. Was likely discussed what his role would be once re-signed.

It’s a good problem to have with 2 decent backs but we’d have a real hole in Brady led offense without Fournette back.

maybe some posters on here look at Lenny’s madden rating and think thats why he is replaceable. Please look at the playoffs and throw the regular season out. Fournette needs to be starter for him to be worth anything and that is exactly what he was in playoffs. He isn’t a change of pace back.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.