Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• spurzo

Participant

So who’s gonna be the pick at 19.

I’d say it’s one of these guys

David Njoku
      Budda Baker
      Adoree Jackson
      Charles Harris
      Obi Melifonwu

• Crazy Legs

Participant

If Cook is available it’s #4

Certified Redboard GM
      Mediocrity is the sincerest form of Imitation that greatness can pay to flattery

• Hank Scorpio

Participant

I said on another board that I think we’re picking 1 of Willis, Njoku, Baker, or Cook.

Jackson, Harris, or any OL would be a surprise to me.

But in the unlikely event that Barnett falls, I think he’d be the pick over the other 4 I mentioned.

• BucD

Participant

Love it or hate it, I think that this list is pretty much on point. It’ll most likely be one of those players barring an unexpected player being available.

I think they LOVE Adoree Jackson and all that he brings via his versatility. If I were a betting man, I’d bet money it will be him.

• BrianDorry55

Participant

So there’s NO chance they take a running back or wide receiver in the first round? I think that’s a stretch.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love it or hate it, I think that this list is pretty much on point. It’ll most likely be one of those players barring an unexpected player being available.

I think they LOVE Adoree Jackson and all that he brings via his versatility. If I were a betting man, I’d bet money it will be him.

do you think Jackson would be around in the early 2nd round, if we traded back? that might be an option, if he’s around

• JC5100

Participant

OL is a huge need. Smith is only starting LT because of his draft status, Sweezy is a giant question mark and Dotson is declining fast. Would be stupid to take a RB over OL.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

Polian stated this last night- any DE with a 40 at or north of 4.8 in the 1st is a HIGH risk and you would be bucking the odds. I’m out on Harris and Charlton.

• STULAAKE

Participant

1-) Harris

2-) Baker

3-) AJ

the hell with the rest of them…

• BucD

Participant

I’d add Derek Barnett to the list of most likely players picked. If he’s there (pretty good chance IMO), I’d bet he’s the pick. If not, I’m sticking with Adoree Jackson as the pick.

• Havok904

Participant

Baker is a reach at #19.

Deal with it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

4 of the 5 are reaches

• BrianDorry55

Participant

To me, based on the tape, all of those guys are slight reaches at 19, with Baker being the only exception. I like Baker and Jackson’s tape. Njoku, Harris, and Melifonwu are raw and don’t flash enough on tape in my opinion. I would add Forrest Lamp to that discussion because if he’s there at 19, he’s the BPA and they did meet with him.

• Havok904

Participant

To me, based on the tape, all of those guys are slight reaches at 19, with Baker being the only exception. I like Baker and Jackson’s tape. Njoku, Harris, and Melifonwu are raw and don’t flash enough on tape in my opinion. I would add Forrest Lamp to that discussion because if he’s there at 19, he’s the BPA and they did meet with him.

You didn’t watch Game Tape, you watched a YouTube highlight.

He is not graded as late first or second round pick for nothing.

He is not the BPA at #19.

• BrianDorry55

Participant

That’s a neat assumption, but completely wrong. Watched all of his tape on draftbreakdown, as I do for every prospect I have an opinion about. I don’t really care where analysts have him mocked or graded, to me, his tape looks good enough to go Top 20. I wish his measurables were better, but his tape is really damn good. I like him as a full time nickel though, not necessarily a safety.

There are plenty of guys that the analysts have ranked as Top 20 players that I don’t believe the tape justifies that…Njoku and Charles Harris to name a few.

• Pepsi

Participant

So who’s gonna be the pick at 19. I’d say it’s one of these guys David Njoku Budda Baker Adoree Jackson Charles Harris Obi Melifonwu

I nearly vomitted

• Pepsi

Participant

You didn’t watch Game Tape, you watched a YouTube highlight. He is not graded as late first or second round pick for nothing. He is not the BPA at #19.

I watch game tape every year and lots of it. Bakers game tape is first round quality. Hes as good as a safety as Jamal Adams, the only reason hes listed as late first to early second is because of he has a legit size concern. he’s a light weight guy. Its easy to point to other examples of guys who have done it, but the bottom line is he still has to fly in and make hard hits on 22olb RBs and 270lb athletic monstrous TEs, and man beast WRs so his size puts him at later in the first considerations whereas a Jamal Adams checks all the boxes.

• wolfet

Participant

I think the Bucs are planning on all 3 wr , Howard, and fornette to be off the board and think they have a group of 5 that will probably be available at 19 but they think there is room to trade back.  They probably think 4 of 5 might be reaches at 19 and may try to trade back.  There list might look something like this:

barnett

willis

jackson

baker

awuzie

i think these are all safe picks that can help the team.  Barnett would be the lone guy I would think would be of good value at 19.  However, I wonder what they will do if Ross falls to us at 19?  He has top ten talent but I worry about injury history.

• BrianDorry55

Participant

Where’s McCaffrey and Cook in that scenario?

At this point I think Ross or Davis will fall to 19. I’d be really disappointed if we passed on either.

• STULAAKE

Participant

I remember several months ago, a poster or two thought Solomon Thomas was a reach at 19…SMH

• STULAAKE

Participant

Where’s McCaffrey and Cook in that scenario? At this point I think Ross or Davis will fall to 19. I’d be really disappointed if we passed on either.

When did Ross or Davis start rushing the passer?

• BrianDorry55

Participant

I was replying to Wolfet, who mentioned the other Top 5 skill guys but not McCaffrey/Cook

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I see us tasking 1 of these 5 at #19:

Dalvin Cook

John Ross

Corey Davis

OJ Howard

Taco Charlton

• spurzo

Participant

For whatever reason it sounds like Corey Davis might slip into the 2nd round and Ross’ medical is bad.

I also don’t think the Bucs have been visiting with Hunt, Mack and Perine to go and spend a 1st on Dalvin.

• BrianDorry55

Participant

They might not get their pick. They visited with Dalvin too.

• wolfet

Participant

I hope the wr slip.  Davis would be awesome.

• Havok904

Participant

You didn’t watch Game Tape, you watched a YouTube highlight. He is not graded as late first or second round pick for nothing. He is not the BPA at #19.

I watch game tape every year and lots of it. Bakers game tape is first round quality. Hes as good as a safety as Jamal Adams, the only reason hes listed as late first to early second is because of he has a legit size concern. he’s a light weight guy. Its easy to point to other examples of guys who have done it, but the bottom line is he still has to fly in and make hard hits on 22olb RBs and 270lb athletic monstrous TEs, and man beast WRs so his size puts him at later in the first considerations whereas a Jamal Adams checks all the boxes.

So you got Washington football authentic game tape. How much did that set you back. It’s not freely given away.

Don’t tell me you googled it cause that’s BS.

• BrianDorry55

Participant

Do I need Washington authentic football tape? I went to DraftBreakdown, where they have several videos of every prospect. 10 games of Baker. Compared to the same website’s tapes of the other players in this draft, Baker looks like a good enough player to go Top 20.

• Havok904

Participant

Do I need Washington authentic football tape? I went to DraftBreakdown, where they have several videos of every prospect. 10 games of Baker. Compared to the same website’s tapes of the other players in this draft, Baker looks like a good enough player to go Top 20.

At least you admitted it’s not true game tape.

Sites like that never highlight the bonehead plays.

Game tape shows it all. That’s why Baker is categorized as a Nickel Back by some folks and slated as a late first or second round pick.

The tape don’t lie.

• BrianDorry55

Participant

It shows every play of the game. Of course, you can’t see everything at safety, but he doesn’t make many mistakes and he’s extremely instinctive and a good tackler. I like him as a nickel too…but we’ve seen how impactful a nickel can be here in Tampa…I think he could be a big time playmaker and nickel is definitely one of the biggest weaknesses on our defense. Of course if we are gonna take him I would prefer to trade back and do it, but of the guys mentioned previously I thought he had the best tape and isn’t raw like the rest of the bunch.

• wolfet

Participant

I was thinking that the Bucs might assume they can get Baker a bit later, but I would be fine with him at 19.  Fills a need at FS upgrade at NCB and I think he is a legit playmaker back there.

I don’t think McCaffery will be there and I think the Bucs would pass on Cook.  Id rather have Adam shaheed in the 2nd than njoku at 19.  It should be interesting for sure.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

At least you admitted it’s not true game tape. Sites like that never highlight the bonehead plays. Game tape shows it all. That’s why Baker is categorized as a Nickel Back by some folks and slated as a late first or second round pick. The tape don’t lie.

LOL at Havok. You don’t even know the difference between game tape and all-22. Game tape is simply watching the video of the player in the game – you numb nutz.  All-22 is what the teams record for their own evaluations. All-22 is better but you make it sound like you cant see what a player is doing unless you have all-22. GTFOH

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.