Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

The Buccaneers organization and fans are excited for the 2014 training camp and upcoming season but a number of positions are far from settled. PewterReport.com is in the middle of a five-day series looking at the most intriguing battles and unanswered questions heading into training camp. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9866

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Scariest position on the team IMO

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

I hope they know what they are doing

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warhop will get two of these guys playing ‘average’.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope they know what they are doing

All they know is that they are screwed with Nicks, his contract and roster spot.  This year.They made a move on everyone else they could. 

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

blind melon:   "Warhop will get two of these guys playing 'average'."That would be sufficient.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Go for the future and put your energy teaching young guys with some upside how to lay guard in the NFL. Sit Nicks on the bench, use him when needed and flush the toilet on his contract next year. At least you have some experience going for you next year. Nicks is done, he’s stealing a ton of money. Off the books no matter what next year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As the article said, Nicks’ toe may be fine, but I really doubt he’ll be in shape to play NFL football when the regular season opens. If he is, I will be very impressed with him AND our staff!    I would much rather have a very good C and two average/decent Gs than 1 very good G and 1 average/decent G paired with an average/decent C. Having a C who is a LEADER and knows what he is doing reading D fronts and communicating with his mates on the OL is HUGE! I'm sure there will be occasional miscues, but I don't think we'll be all that horrible either.

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.