Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• Colin in Canada

Participant

OFF – 26
      QB (3) T. BRADY, B. GABBERT, K. TRASK
      RB (4) R. JONES, L. FOURNETTE, G. BERNARD, K. VAUGHN
      TE (4) R. GRONKOWSKI, OJ HOWARD, C. BRATE, T. HUDSON
      WR (6) M. EVANS, C. GODWIN, A. BROWN, S. MILLER, J. DARDEN, T. JOHNSON
      OT (4) D. SMITH, T. WIRFS, J.WELLS, B. SEATON
      IOL (5) A. MARPET, R. JENSEN, A. CAPPA, A. STINNIE, R. HAINSEY

DEF – 24
      IDL (6) – N. SUH, V. VEA, W. GHOLSTON, P. O’CONNOR, R. NUNEZ-ROCHES, S. MCLENDON
      OLB (4) – J. PIERRE-PAUL, S. BARRETT, J. TRYON, A. NELSON
      ILB (5) – L. DAVID, D. WHITE, K. MINTER, KJ. BRITT, G. STUARD
      SAF (4) – A. WINNFIELD, M. EDWARDS, J. WHITEHEAD, R. GREEN
      CB (5) – C. DAVIS, S. BUNTING, J. DEAN, R. COCKRELL, A.HAMILTON

ST (3) PINION, SUCCOP, TRINER

PRACTICE SQUAD
      1) QB R. GRIFFIN
      2) TE C. MCELROY
      3) WR T. JONSEN
      4) WR J. PEARSON
      5) OT C. ASHLEY
      6) IOL S. HUTCHERSON
      7) IOL J. MOLCHON
      8) IDL J. LEDBETTER
      9) IDL B. POTOA’E
      10) OLB C. GILL
      11) SAF J. HAGAN
      12) CB C. WILCOX
      13) CB C. KINLEY
      14) KICKER J. BORREGALES
      15) IDL K. DAVIS

• Roy

Participant

I’m not keeping Stuard unless he cuts his hair. Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for players with long hair like Clay Matthews or the many players with dreadlocks if that’s their thing, but this is ridiculous. This dude can wrap his hair around his waist three times. Enough is enough and too much is too much. If I’m the other team and I see some rookie special teamer running free with six feet of hair blowing in the wind I don’t think I’d like it very much. They are going to grab it and throw him around like he’s doing the hammer throw in the Olympics. He might get it caught on a yard marker and they have to stop the game to get it off.

Its one thing to be in a rookie minicamp in the Summer and have that hair. Its a whole nother thing to be in a regular NFL game. The hair’s gotta go.

• buccnation

Participant

Troy Polamalu had plenty of hair and was just fine. Marshawn had long dreads and was fine. Who cares about someone’s hair. If he can be a good special teamer then keep him.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I think OP nailed the 53 man roster. I can’t suggest any changes.

• Colin in Canada

Participant

Thanks.

I think the bubble guys are vets that they can cut and bring back later (that won’t get signed elsewhere). The bucs may choose to go younger. Guys like McLenndon, Minter, Cockrell, etc. I think they drafted the two ILBs on purpose and even though Minter played well last year he is not a lock to make the team. Stinnie is also somewhat over rated and if this Hutcherson guy that they signed after the draft is any good he may make it over Stinnie. They guaranteed Hutcherson 130k which is a lot for an UDFA.

• Roy

Participant

Troy Polamalu had plenty of hair and was just fine. Marshawn had long dreads and was fine. Who cares about someone’s hair. If he can be a good special teamer then keep him.

I already said I have no problem with long hair, but not if its a safety hazzard. Huards hair is longer than Polamalu’s or Lynches or any of the probably dozens of players with long hair in the NFL. I don’t care what kind of hair you have. But take a good look at that picture that was posted on PR. This guy’s hair was literally wrapping around his body. And the other difference between Polamalu and Huard is that Polamalu and Lynch was they were stars and Huard is a rookie special teamer who will be lucky to make the team. I’m just going by the picture I saw on PR. Based on that I think it’s too much hair.

• TCB2W!

Participant

@Roy You’re drunk. Go home. The name is Stuard not Huard. And are you honestly saying it’s loner than Polamalu?

Troy P

• tiapanda

Participant

The depth on this team has become pretty impressive. It helps that players want to be on your team because of one guy. I’m afraid our practice squad is going to get raided this season. Hopefully even they will want to stay with this organization instead of signing with another team. The OP’s 53 looks about right. Brad Seaton coming back and looking good is a huge bonus to our OL depth. A few of the practice squad guys have a chance to crack the 53 or will at least see playing time during the year. Bowles seems to be high on Herb Miller, so he should at least be on the practice squad and has a real shot at the 5th corner. Ledbetter looked pretty good after being promoted in December. He should be in the running for a DT spot and they liked Hagan a lot before he got hurt last year. None of these guys making the final roster would be a big surprise. One thing is for sure, this roster is loaded like it’s never been before.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Funny thing you mention predicting the 53 man roster prior to training camp even starting.

We all agree that the last preseason game is the most boring of them all because you see the third and fourth stringers battling it out for the final roster spots. My buddies and I have a way to make it very interesting and we get to play Bucs GM for one night.

We each throw $20 in a pot, grab a list of “bubble players” and watch the game. After the game, we predict who stays and who gets a visit from The Turk. Whoever gets the most correct guesses takes the pot. The rules are as follows:

1. You must have your guesses in no later than 24 hours after the game is over

2. Any player cut immediately after the game doesn’t count

3. The original final cuts by the deadline is the deciding factor. If a player survives the original final cuts, but is cut later that week, it still counts as a correct guess.

• Roy

Participant

@Roy You’re drunk. Go home. The name is Stuard not Huard. And are you honestly saying it’s loner than Polamalu?

Troy P

OK point taken about Polamalu.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.