Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Striking

No wonder Dems threaten to impeach him again

GOP doesn’t want it because it forces them to go on the record with a vote

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

80% of Americans think that the Capitol incident was just “a few adults having a play day & taking selfies”.

Agree. Some people did something. No biggie.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

80% of Americans think that the Capitol incident was just “a few adults having a play day & taking selfies”.

Agree. Some people did something. No biggie.

Someone that calls our last president “n Obama” I’m SHOCKED that you think it is fake.

Shocked

• njligernj

Participant

Chron is trolling a lot with this line about selfies … FWIW I DO think people should be imprisoned for taking selfies. So it’s not this great defense — we’d lose nothing by locking up every single person who ever took a selfie. SCUM!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by njligernj.

• Roy

Participant

I want Trump gone now. He deserves to be gone now. But that may not be the best thing.

It will give ammunition to the Trumpies to call this a takeover and claim that this is because Trump was somehow going to be able to maintain his power. If it was going to reduce the chance of Insurrection Part 2, I would be in favor of that. But it won’t. It will only fan the flames more and make it worse. If Trump is in a position to call out the military or set off nuclear bombs, OK cut him off with the 25th Amendment. But short of Trump trying to declare martial law or calling out the Proud Boys to attack Washington (which I’m not saying those things are impossible) I don’t see the benefit of getting rid of him with 8 days to go. And why make Pence look more presidential for 2024?

I think they should take their time on this impeachment, wait past Bidens first 100 days and then press forward with the impeachment. A comprehensive investigation and a thorough impeachment process in the House will make it tougher for the Republicans in the Senate to sweep this aside which they are already trying to do, and it shouldn’t be swept aside. Not now or ever.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Famed attorney Alan Dershowitz has said “according to the Constitution, you can only impeachymint a SITTING President”…

To the deMocRats here, that means current President (not the guy who gracefully left 2 weeks ago)

• Roy

Participant

NBC News:
      Legal experts are divided into three camps of opinion, however, on what happens if the president leaves office.

One group says a president can be impeached only while in office. “I tend to believe it is only for current office holders,” said Harvard law professor Cass Sunstein, author of “Impeachment: A Citizen’s Guide.”

According to a second group of scholars, if the House votes to impeach while the president is in office, the Senate can proceed to a trial even after the president has left office.
      “Once an impeachment begins in the House, it may continue to a Senate trial. I don’t see any constitutional problem with the Senate acting fast or slowly,” said Michael Gerhardt, a law professor at the University North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

And a third view is that the entire process can begin even after the president is out of office.

“The constitutional case for late impeachment has more strengths and fewer flaws than the case against it,” wrote Brian Kalt, a professor at the Michigan State University College of Law in a widely cited law review article on the subject.

No president has ever been impeached after leaving office, but there is one legal precedent that may be important.

In 1876, Secretary of War William Belknap was investigated by the House for corruption. Just minutes before the House was set to vote on his impeachment, he raced to the White House and handed his resignation to President Ulysses Grant.

The House went ahead and impeached him anyway, and the Senate proceeded to have a trial. A majority voted to convict, but not the two-thirds required, so he was acquitted. The scholars in the second camp point to this example to bolster their argument that even after leaving office, a president could be convicted and barred from holding future federal office.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Impeached Trump means he can’t run again.

Which bitch slaps him.

He also loses other tax funded benefits that he will of course abuse beyond insanity.

25th amendment is the best route but let’s face it, Republicans have zero backbone.

Impeach him. Start it before he leaves, and still do a thorough investigation… then let the Supreme Court decide if, because they started it while he was president, if it still works.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

The LoserTolerantParty being vindictive. Shocked.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The LoserTolerantParty being vindictive. Shocked.

Yeah we should tolerate a white supremacy coup!

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Yeah, they were soooooo serious.

12 unarmed people & BuffaloHatGuy

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Imagine being this stupid

• Col. Klink

Participant

Imagine being this stupid

He’s not stupid but just uber trolling because of his pain ….. best thing to do is just point and laugh.

• badena

Participant

It’s all about speculation

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.