Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Competition committee proposing disqualification of a player penalized twice in one game for unsportsmanlike conduct. Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter  Mar 17Competition committee proposing to permanently move extra-point attempts to defensive team's 15-yard line, and allow defense to return miss. Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter  Mar 17Competition Committee proposing that all chop blocks be made illegal. Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter  Mar 17Baltimore proposing that each team be provided with three challenges while expanding reviewable plays. Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter  Mar 17Washington proposing the elimination of overtime in preseason games (like that).These changes were approved.Permanently moves the line of scrimmage for Try kicks to the defensive team's 15-yard line, and allows the defense to return any missed Try.Permits the offensive and defensive play callers on the coaching staffs to use the coach-to-player communication system regardless of whether they are on the field or in the coaches' booth.Makes all chop blocks illegal.Expands the horse collar rule to include when a defender grabs the jersey at the name plate or above and pulls a runner toward the ground.Makes it a foul for delay of game when a team attempts to call a timeout when it is not permitted to do so.Eliminates the five-yard penalty for an eligible receiver illegally touching a forward pass after being out of bounds and re-establishing himself inbounds, and makes it a loss of down.Eliminates multiple spots of enforcement for a double foul after a change of possession.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Only if a HC is allowed to send off a ref who misses two or more calls2. Move the extra point back another 15 yards and worth 3, and another 15 good for 7 points.  Hell, if one wants to change a successful product why screw around with minor change.3. No chop blocks big guys and no big guys hitting little guys above their waist.  If we a going to give out advantages go for it. 4. No to the 3 challenge - see #1 for the solution5. Yep - this one indeed makes sense.  1 for 5 - that's about what I anticipate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope we see a new and improved Mike Evans. No crying to the refs after every play. Hopefully no flags on him for bitching out the refs. And the no overtime in preseason, is a no brainer.  IMO

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Competition committee proposing disqualification of a player penalized twice in one game for unsportsmanlike conduct. Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter  Mar 17Competition committee proposing to permanently move extra-point attempts to defensive team's 15-yard line, and allow defense to return miss. Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter  Mar 17Competition Committee proposing that all chop blocks be made illegal. Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter  Mar 17Baltimore proposing that each team be provided with three challenges while expanding reviewable plays. Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter  Mar 17Washington proposing the elimination of overtime in preseason games (like that).

No to disqualification. No opinion on kicks. I love chop blocks. They should be encouraged, along with reinstating head slaps. (Yeah, I'm old, but the game us meant to be physical. )Yes to expansion of replays. Yes to elimination of preseason overtime. (Personally, I would go a step further and just eliminate preseason, or at least cut it to one home game and one away game. )I'm also in favor of killing the first game of the season going to the team that wins the Super Bowl. I can't tell you the last time I've actually watched the first game of the season. (Probably the year after Baltimore won.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes to the first. No with the extra point. Leave it alone it isn't broken. Yes to the chop blocks. It kills players careers. No to the extra challenges. Yes to the refs getting better training. Games should not be any longer. And yea to ridding OT in preseason. No brainer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the preseason, allow more practices/scrimmages for coaches to make decisions on the final roster.Add in a 17th game per team at a site that's not got a team, this would stop teams losing home games for places like London/Mexico and allow the league to put on annual games in places like San Antonio, Las Vegas, Hawaii, Portland, etc.Full time refs, that are held accountable for their constant mistakes.Everything is reviewable and 1 extra challenge per half. Nothing is worse than having a big play/TD wiped out on a BS call by the officials.Make the review team completely separate to the officials and they rule on challenges, I have an issue with the officials who messed up a call being the ones expected to correct it instead of looking for a way to justify the call & claim they don't make mistakes. "Have a 4 team minor league where " the top street FAs" are paid a league minimum salary. So when a team needs to pick up a guy off the street they should in theory be in game shape and they can also develop.I hate the idea of an automatic ejection for 2 personal fouls because sometimes they are just BS calls but I could get on board with a player being benched for the rest of a drive (or a set number of plays) if they commit one.More enforcement of the sideline/playing field boundaries, it's time for coaches to understand that they should be behind the white sidelines not on stand on them or in the field of play. You should never see a coach near enough to be tripping an active player/pulling their hair or throwing tantrums 15 yards onto the field.Allow celebrations, the other team doesn't like it tough. You know the best way to stop them taunting, stop them making big plays and/or scoring.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Make group celebrations legal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be fine with all of them.  The chop block change could help defenses… I don’t remember the last rule that helped defenses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t even know there was OT in pre-season! That’s just stupid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just wanna be able to rush the field after a big win…..a la college!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just wanna be able to rush the field after a big win.....a la college!!

Heck, I just wanna big win...

Please wait…

• rpratto

Participant

Yes to all.  And pass interference should be a 15 yarder.  Not a spot foul

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If that was the case, you could just tackle a WR, when he had you beat for a bomb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kick ’em out. Eliminates the OBJ/Norman fiasco.The the XPs aloneGet rid of chop blocksLess review not more. It's already pretty annoying. Eliminate OT in preseason. A no brainer. IMHO the first and last will happen. Not the others.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have my own list of things the committee needs to get sorted out. This stuff seems like people trying to make their mark on the game, and less about the game itself.1) reverse the decision to penalize rbs for lowering head.2) reverse the decision to allow for players to have shots at their legs (forget batter-box rules).3) allow for ten second or less celebrations, for everyone, and only on tds (GB does this every game, and it's confusing as to what is considered showboating for one, and not another). A clock stops the bias.4) define a catch, and make it permanent and immovable  by the committee once done.5) create and establish an In-house, but privately paid group, to spy on teams for cheating (during games).6) fine refs harshly for their incompetence, bias, or blindness. Pay them much more as well.7) cut back on tv-timeouts. Idk how much of this they control, but it would be nice not to have to sit through commercials every other down.8) get balanced with the player fines. One fine has to be the same for the others.9) IF caught cheating, with valid evidence, the players or coaches who are involved, should be suspended through the year.10) again, idk how much they control about this, but they should eliminate blackout rules entirely. I honestly have no clue if they can work on all of these issues, but i would like to see some of it revised or changed. What they are currently changing seems silly to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I say no to that. Receivers would just get mauled when they roast a corner. Why would you want that?  Just curious man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Competition committee proposing disqualification of a player penalized twice in one game for unsportsmanlike conduct. Evans would never play again an any game after he dropped his 2nd pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does that rule then inadvertently create a foul-out replacement player for certain positions, maybe CB, DT, OL?Because those positions are tough not to play physical, and the penalties would, of course, always be subjective.Someone like EDS, ..does he get new life if that rule passes?I bet talib's backup has made posters supporting that rule change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My biggest issue with the 2 foul rule is the incompetence of the officials.How many times have we seen them make a phantom call, call the number of a different player on the field or even one that was sat on the sidelines.How can you give the refs power to eject players when they can't even get the players correct?Based on past calls a guy could technically be ejected when he's not even on the field simply because the refs are too dumb to get the number right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My biggest issue with the 2 foul rule is the incompetence of the officials.How many times have we seen them make a phantom call, call the number of a different player on the field or even one that was sat on the sidelines.How can you give the refs power to eject players when they can't even get the players correct?Based on past calls a guy could technically be ejected when he's not even on the field simply because the refs are too dumb to get the number right.

Richard Sherman said today, Goodell has no idea how easy it is to get a personal foul penalty. "I think it's foolish," Sherman said in an interview on SportsCenter. "But it sounds like something somebody who's never played the game would say, something that they would suggest, because he doesn't understand. He's just a face. He's just a suit. He's never stepped foot on the field and understood how you can get a personal foul."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His infatuation is legendary for certain AJ.

Sherm isn't wrong. I have literally watched players just unintentionally fall over onto another player after a whistle to get a flag throw at them. I believe it was Raji, from GB?Point is, those guys are trained to hurt mo-fos. Then, they are asked to play pattycake and simmer down on gameday. Thats like asking a boxer to slap instead of punch when the bell rings.Simply put, many of them really are fighting natural instinct and have been doing so fairly successfully. As the encroachment of the "wimp" rules continue, people will start to wonder off to more violent venues, and the players themselves will start to wonder if it is indeed a man's game, let alone a violent one.Sherm is already wondering, and, from all accounts, seems like he flat out knows goodell is happier handling lawyer-balls than perfecting the actual game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These changes were approved.Permanently moves the line of scrimmage for Try kicks to the defensive team's 15-yard line, and allows the defense to return any missed Try.Permits the offensive and defensive play callers on the coaching staffs to use the coach-to-player communication system regardless of whether they are on the field or in the coaches' booth.Makes all chop blocks illegal.Expands the horse collar rule to include when a defender grabs the jersey at the name plate or above and pulls a runner toward the ground.Makes it a foul for delay of game when a team attempts to call a timeout when it is not permitted to do so.Eliminates the five-yard penalty for an eligible receiver illegally touching a forward pass after being out of bounds and re-establishing himself inbounds, and makes it a loss of down.Eliminates multiple spots of enforcement for a double foul after a change of possession.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to see they didn’t ban players wifes from flipping double birds at games.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

1. Only if a HC is allowed to send off a ref who misses two or more calls2. Move the extra point back another 15 yards and worth 3, and another 15 good for 7 points.  Hell, if one wants to change a successful product why screw around with minor change.3. No chop blocks big guys and no big guys hitting little guys above their waist.  If we a going to give out advantages go for it. 4. No to the 3 challenge - see #1 for the solution5. Yep - this one indeed makes sense.  1 for 5 - that's about what I anticipate.

Mesa had to quote this for the entertainment value. Yousa funny dbucfan!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they’re throwing players out, they should expand the game day roster… imo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t get how moving a touchback to the 25 yd line prevents injuries.  It will help offenses rack up more points but how does it prevent injuries?  Regardless, any kicker that can get hang time with inside the 5 yd line accuracy will be a wealthy man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cut the preseason and you have less live action for the young guys you need to see more of. Bullets rarely fly in practice.

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.