Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• Naismith

Participant

Anyone catch why they made the change in the lineup recently? I’m trying to remain open-minded, but Marc Ryan is painful to listen to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What changes were made ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rich Herrera is no longer on in the afternoon with Booger. It’s now Booger and Marc Ryan. I think Rich is on in the morning, but I’m not sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they had to do something with Rich and Booger. There was no chemistry there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unfortunately, all the local radio mostly sucks. They are caller driven, so they say disingenuous crap, making everyone dumber, to get the phone to ring.Someone please buy some air time and provide some good sports radio.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk if booger liked him. I mean, he did call him out an awful lot. Booger even went as far as to tell him "shut up" a few weeks ago, when talking about "his world" (football).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Booger is annoying, Marc Ryan is really annoying. The morning show with Kirk and dinger was the best but they talked too much about hockey and baseball, and the commish is ok but sometimes annoying. The best is Jim lighthall

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked Rich, though I know he’s not for everyone. I would flip back and forth between Duemig and Booger & Rich in the afternoon, but I can’t listen to Ryan for more than a couple minutes without turning it off. Leading up to the draft, I was mostly doing draft podcasts, so maybe I’ll look for some good NFL podcasts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Booger is annoying, Marc Ryan is really annoying. The morning show with Kirk and dinger was the best but they talked too much about hockey and baseball, and the commish is ok but sometimes annoying. The best is Jim lighthall

Kirk is ok but he's the second best broadcaster out of his family. Dinger's a tough listen to me. I just can't stand his delivery. I do like Lighthall and the Commish is always screaming about something when I happen to catch him. 98.7 had a shot at making inroads on WDAE if they would have found some on air talent but they completely blew it with what they chose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s better than any show on Wdae but that doesn’t say much. I’ll listen to 987 over Wdae any day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it's better than any show on Wdae but that doesn't say much. I'll listen to 987 over Wdae any day.

I prefer 620's early morning show. After that, the entire area is a vast wasteland.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like when Cook fills in personally. I am a little biased though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked the commish more when he was paired with Gary Shelton. They talked sports.They joke around too much on Fan Interference. Commish used to give great insight on the draft , this year all he did was make bad jokes and act like a JFF fan boy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cook you  really are good on the radio. No denying that.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Booger sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like when Cook fills in personally. I am a little biased though.

You and TKras are probably my two favorites on the radio right now. In fact, Booger and Cook would have been a much better choice, in my opinion! That would have been some stimulating football talk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We now have read and heard  that Cook has enough talent to be excellent with two media endeavors.And he is!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m a Steve White fan myself and would love to hear more of him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fan interference sucks anymore. Commish was better with Shelton. I would also like to hear more Mark Cook on the air. Mark, maybe you can pair up with Steve White. That’d be my new fav show!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How Tom K. doesn’t have his own show on one of the two stations is beyond me. He is terrific. But thanks for the kind words, I was just being silly. The big problem I have is with me doing radio as a job is I am not quite the overall sports junkie I once was. So when someone calls and wants to talk NBA or hockey, I am at a loss for the most part. It’s really fun though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm a Steve White fan myself and would love to hear more of him.

I like his stuff too. But being a coach now, he may not be able to do shows.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

How Tom K. doesn't have his own show on one of the two stations is beyond me. He is terrific. But thanks for the kind words, I was just being silly. The big problem I have is with me doing radio as a job is I am not quite the overall sports junkie I once was. So when someone calls and wants to talk NBA or hockey, I am at a loss for the most part. It's really fun though.

Mark, I wouldn't let that stop you from doing the radio gig full time. The people on local radio now are terrible and throw out so much misinformation it's mind boggling. You are good on the air when I have heard you. Probably the best I've heard on 98.7 to be honest with you. Please don't do a show with Booger. He brings nothing to the table, especially considering he's a former player. He talks as if he was great, but he wasn't. He robbed us with the contract McKay gave him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m a huge, huge Steve White fan and would love for him to have a show, but I hope if he does, he learns to slow down a little while speaking. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with what he’s talking about.In terms of analysis, though, I don't think anyone beats Steve.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was excited when the FM format launched but the hosts just keep getting worse … barely even listen anymore :(Booger to me was a failed Buccaneer that we all celebrated being traded to Indy, not sure how he became the face of the station.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is it bad when i like Rock Riley over anyone after Fan Interference show? They need to give Tkras a job already.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My favorite – Bobby Fenton, someone needs to give him a job.TKras is up there, but I lost respect hearing him argue with Jay Mohr. The best on air right now is The sports page with Stroud. Justin is entertaining and knowledgeable....Everyone else is too annoying to listen to. Although I do love hearing booger get confused trying to use cliches....I will say that Cook...you are appointment listening. I actually make an appointment in outlook to listen if I know you will be on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No BS’ing, I do love when Cook subs. Tkras, I preferred his show over Big Dog’s and was disappointed he didn’t move to 98.7 when the format flipped.  I do still enjoy Justin, even if some of their antics are childish.I prefer Stroud and Jones in the morning. 98.7's morning show is not listenable now that Dingman is gone. Kirk McEwen shouldn't have a sports show. He knows nothing. I took Herrera to listen to Booger, whom I actually like. Now I have to listen to Herrera and McEwen? F that noise.Mark Ryan is Meh. Better than Herrera, not a good compliment to McFarland in my opinion. If I were programming 98.7 the Fan -Mornings - Todd Wright mornings (with Whitney doing updates)Late Morning - Commish and Steve White (relegate Lighthall to updates only)Early Afternoon - Dan Patrick Show (not sure if he still even has a radio show, but he's got to be better than Romey)Afternoon Drive time - Tkras and BoogerEvenings - Cook and Tom Korun.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No BS'ing, I do love when Cook subs. Tkras, I preferred his show over Big Dog's and was disappointed he didn't move to 98.7 when the format flipped.  I do still enjoy Justin, even if some of their antics are childish.I prefer Stroud and Jones in the morning. 98.7's morning show is not listenable now that Dingman is gone. Kirk McEwen shouldn't have a sports show. He knows nothing. I took Herrera to listen to Booger, whom I actually like. Now I have to listen to Herrera and McEwen? F that noise.Mark Ryan is Meh. Better than Herrera, not a good compliment to McFarland in my opinion. If I were programming 98.7 the Fan -Mornings - Todd Wright mornings (with Whitney doing updates)Late Morning - Commish and Steve White (relegate Lighthall to updates only)Early Afternoon - Dan Patrick Show (not sure if he still even has a radio show, but he's got to be better than Romey)Afternoon Drive time - Tkras and BoogerEvenings - Cook and Tom Korun.

Dan Patrick is on 1010 from 10am to noon. I don't know if I could handle Todd Wright's pompousness regularly in the morning. Booger I just can't stand. Other than that....not bad.

Please wait…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.