Viewing 3 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought these were worth mentioning as they might effect the Bucs.  http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/21/2014-nfl-draft-rumors-monday-morning-quarterback/Houston, at No. 1, isn’t set on Jadeveon Clowney. In fact, one FORS (Friend of Rick Smith) told me the Texans general manager likes Khalil Mack over Clowney, and we still don’t know which quarterback Houston would choose if it chooses one first overall. I still think the Texans would go with a more sure thing with the first overall pick than a quarterback—and that sure thing could also be tackle Greg Robinson.Tampa Bay is partial to, among others, Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans at No. 7. I’ve watched a lot of Johnny Manziel tape recently, and I’ll say this about Evans: supremely talented, extremely hot-headed. He’d better cure his immaturity on the field, and fast.Hot guys right now: Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier, Notre Dame tackle/guard Zack Martin, Boise State defensive end Demarcus Lawrence. Cold guys right now: Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr, Alabama tackle Cyrus Kouandjio.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A decent read…thanks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But SR, the self-annointed, all-knowing, judge of character has declared Mike Evans is NOT a “diva”. In all seriousness, I was surprised by SR declaration of how mature Evans was, citing he had a baby, considering the  “meltdown” he had in his last college game, getting 2 un-sportmanlike penalties and throwing a temper tantrum on the field which resulted in Manziel grabbing him by the facemask.  Yes, maturity and diva-esque behavior is a concern to some GMs, from what I;ve read and what Ive seen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF the Bucs do draft Mike Evans, Johnny Manziel or any other player mentioned up to now it will most certainly be after the proper research is done. Just listening to Lovie’s presser today makes me confident the man knows what he’s doing.MMQB is always an interesting read but it most certainly is NOT always right when it comes to "predictions" whether it be W's and L's or draft selections. And I SERIOUSLY doubt Jason Licht and/or Lovie Smith consult SI, PR, or even the mighty know it all Mel Kiper before making their final decisions. 

Please wait…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.