Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

I know most of you are angry at the Bucs GM for not making a move in the first week of free agency but I would like to defend him for now. Yes, I am not happy with the things he has done but reaching for the high market players in the first week or two may not be in the Bucs plans. We don’t need another D Jackson, Baker or any high paid under performing veteran on our roster.

We need to pull off a New Orleans type of draft while adding the right players on FA. I believe we will add players in FA after the draft once teams makes their picks. Those players will be much cheaper and I believe they will have more to prove. Be patient my fellow Bucs fans.

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

I agree with your logic but keep in mind FA hasn’t even started yet. It starts tomorrow

Please wait…

• SunnyD

Participant

I’m hoping Licht adds two DB starters in FA and a bunch of defensive line depth.

Then draft a couple of defensive lineman and hope they are able to start this year.

I don’t see how else our defense is competitive this year. Free agent class is loaded with DB talent and painfully short on pass rushers.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Noon Monday starts the contacting, then they can sign on the dotted line starting Wednesday.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Greg Auman

Verified account

@gregauman

8m8 minutes ago
      Draft evaluations continuing for Bucs — they have a private workout with Alabama DTs Jamar King and Joshua Frazier on Monday morning in Tuscaloosa.

Please wait…

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

@Vance….. Free Agency hasn’t started yet starts on March 14th.! These are all of the CAP Casualties now and the Players who are being released…. They can sign with anyone!

Please wait…

• creamsicles

Participant

This front office is trying to save their jobs. I’d be surprised if we don’t see at least 2 high profile signings (where we probably overpay, but I can live with that for this year).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vance you are suggesting the Bucs wait until after the draft to sign free agents?

Please wait…

• Vance

Participant

Skipper
        Mar 11, 18 at 6:44 pm #1066628
        Vance you are suggesting the Bucs wait until after the draft to sign free agents?

No, I said we shouldn’t get so angry about not signing players in the first week of FA. I also said there will be some good player who will be cut after the draft that may fit on our roster. I do not want the Bucs to pay big money for players like Sherman. There is a 50/50 chance you may get another injury with that knee or he just may not be the same player.

Please wait…

• jerseybucsfan

Participant

We haven’t made the playoffs in 11 years and haven’t won a playoff game in over 15. I think the time for patience is over, if not running short.

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.