Viewing 75 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Johnny Manziel-Vincent Jackson combo could appeal to Bucs By Bryan Fischer College Football 24/7 writer    NFL.comPublished: April 23, 2014 at 08:24 p.m. jff_zps2cadd0cf.jpg A Manziel-Jackson combination would be tough for Tampa Bay to pass upIf recent mock drafts are any indication, Johnny Manziel clearly shouldn't be looking at real estate anywhere in the country until a team turns in a card with his name on it in the 2014 NFL Draft. Manziel has been mentioned as a possible pick for every team from the Houston Texans to the St. Louis Rams. Even the Dallas Cowboys were mentioned as a possible destination, although NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt shot those rumors down Wednesday.One team that doesn't appear to be in need of a quarterback but could be a possible landing spot for Manziel is Tampa Bay. The club brought in Josh McCown during free agency, but as they search for a franchise quarterback, perhaps Johnny Football could come into play for the Buccaneers."Manziel makes sense there," NFL media analyst Charles Davis said on "Path to the Draft." "I know Jeff Tedford is the new offensive coordinator, and Johnny Manziel doesn't look anything like any of the quarterbacks he's ever coached. He makes sense because they're not exactly sold at the quarterback position by bringing in McCown as a free agent."Davis isn't quite convinced that the Bucs front office will pull the trigger on Manziel with the seventh overall pick if there's an elite left tackle or a top receiver on the board. In his latest NFL.com mock draft, Davis actually has Tampa Bay going with Manziel's favorite target in college, wideout Mike Evans.Lovie Smith knows McCown well from their days in Chicago, and McCown will certainly be in line to start under center most of the year. He'll be 35 before the season starts, however, and it's clear that he's not the long-term option. If the team does want to snag its franchise quarterback, the roster does appear to be tailor-made for someone like Manziel going forward. "I looked at Tampa as a fit for (Manziel). You look at what they have -- a good offensive line and [Doug] Martin behind you," fellow analyst Daniel Jeremiah said. "A lot of the detractors of Manziel say all he does is throw the ball up to Mike Evans. Just throw the ball up in the air to Vincent Jackson -- that could work just as well. I think you can plug (Manziel) in there and give you some exciting plays from the quarterback position."I'm not saying that they should do it," Jeremiah said. "They should at least do their homework and have that discussion and consider it."A few fantasy football owners certainly hope the organization would consider the possibility of a Jackson-Manziel combination on the field every Sunday. Smith was at Evans and Manziel's pro day in College Station, so it's safe to say the team has done some homework on them. Which direction the club takes when the draft rolls around in May is anybody's guess, but they would certainly drive interest in the Bucs if Manziel is the name on the card when they pick seventh overall.Follow Bryan Fischer on Twitter @BryanDFischer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two weeks.. we’ll find out then..

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

Elite left tackle? With Collins being signed, that should fill the left tackle spot; and with Dotson still on the roster, that should fill the right tackle spot. The only way a left tackle could work is if either Collins moves inside to left guard, with the rookie at left tackle; or if Dotson moves inside and the rookie starts at right tackle. For me, I think we can make better use of our first round pick. The guard spots can be filled in a later round, and with two good tackles in place, I don't think a left tackle is the "right" way to go.Personally I think drafting Evans, Manziel or Mack/Barr at #7 would be my favored options.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I usually respect Charles Davis but the Bucs’ starting guards are O’Neil Cousins and Jamon Meredith. That does not make for “a good offensive line”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A very short lived combination. VJax doesn’t have much left in the tank.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A very short lived combination. VJax doesn't have much left in the tank.

What makes you say that? He looked fine last year despite not having anyone of worth opposite him, playing with a rookie QB and getting double and triple teamed. He's not getting any younger, true - but he's still a physical specimen and keeps himself in good shape.V-Jax is the least of our problems.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VJax is definitely on the back end of his career, but easily has 2-3 years left.  In the big scheme of things he doesnt have much left in the tank, but nothing that should worry us this year OR next.  What’s next?  Wanna complain about how we have a top 3 DT who doesn’t get “clutch sacks” or how about our stud WLB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VJax has definitley gotten slower but hopefully he’s peaked on how much his speed will drop (if that makes sense). He’s got a few years left of playing as good as he did last year probably which is a great thing, but when is his contract up?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel doesn’t need an elite O-line.  The dude can make stuff happen onhis own.And yes, he CAN sit in a pocket and make reads.People don't like Manziel because he is taller than Russell Wilson.Wow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel doesn't need an elite O-line.  The dude can make stuff happen onhis own.And yes, he CAN sit in a pocket and make reads.People don't like Manziel because he is taller than Russell Wilson.Wow.

People dont like Manziel because very little of his game is ready for the NFL.  This is going to be embarrassing for some franchise because it will expose that no one in that organization knows much about football evaluation. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ok just looked so he’s got this year and 2 more years. If he would take a 2 year extension I think we’d be set in regards to a #1WR. that means he’d be 35 by the end of it all. Vjax keeps himself in great shape, I think he can be as good at 35 as he is now similar to people like R. Moss and Tony G.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I usually respect Charles Davis but the Bucs' starting guards are O'Neil Cousins and Jamon Meredith. That does not make for "a good offensive line".

You can still respect Charles Davis.  He didn't say that.  D. Jeremiah did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel doesn't need an elite O-line.  The dude can make stuff happen onhis own.And yes, he CAN sit in a pocket and make reads.People don't like Manziel because he is taller than Russell Wilson.Wow.

People dont like Manziel because very little of his game is ready for the NFL.  This is going to be embarrassing for some franchise because it will expose that no one in that organization knows much about football evaluation.

As long as you are vocal about it.If the dude comes out and slings it, I don't expect a mea culpa on your behalf.  Not slamming you, but few will ever own up and eat crow.I do, when I am blatantly wrong.McCoy.  The Glazers.  Gaines ADAMS (rip YOUNG SOUL).Most here don't though.  Cowards.  I can name a few of the regular trolls who are just like that...But I will give you this BASS, I like that you are so vociferous about Manziel, and all these QBs.  It means you are willing to stand behind your opinion.  I like that.  Always have, about a poster who can belly up to the bar and banter.But I think you are wrong about Manziel.  He has shown he can do anything you would ask for (skill wise) out of an NFL QB.  THat, and his high football IQ, irrational competitiveness, skillset and dominating performances displaying rare ability in the best conference in NCAA football, make me a believer.Apparently, those things are the opposite for you.We will see who wins this little battle. :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VJax is definitely on the back end of his career, but easily has 2-3 years left.  In the big scheme of things he doesnt have much left in the tank, but nothing that should worry us this year OR next.  What's next?  Wanna complain about how we have a top 3 DT who doesn't get "clutch sacks" or how about our stud WLB?

Now that you mention it YES I DO! :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What makes you say that? He looked fine last year despite not having anyone of worth opposite him, playing with a rookie QB and getting double and triple teamed. He's not getting any younger, true - but he's still a physical specimen and keeps himself in good shape.V-Jax is the least of our problems.

Trying to get the team turned around and create a QB/WR bond for maybe 2-3 years isn't typically very productive. He's a good WR but his time will be up around the time that combo starts to 'click'. We need new blood to built that QB/WR bond.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel won’t be there anyway . Someone in the top 5 is going to nab him , if for no other reason than he’s going to fill a stadium .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trying to get the team turned around and create a QB/WR bond for maybe 2-3 years isn't typically very productive. He's a good WR but his time will be up around the time that combo starts to 'click'. We need new blood to built that QB/WR bond.

^^^Def agree with that part.  My ideal scenario would be to grab Evans/Watkins this year in the 1st and to take a QB next year.  I acknowledge QB is a need, but I just dont like any of the "top guys" this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel won't be there anyway . Someone in the top 5 is going to nab him , if for no other reason than he's going to fill a stadium .

He'd fill most stadiums but not RayJay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was really hoping for more than another year of jump ball…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^Def agree with that part.  My ideal scenario would be to grab Evans/Watkins this year in the 1st and to take a QB next year.  I acknowledge QB is a need, but I just dont like any of the "top guys" this year.

Yea WR's in this draft appear to be the best option.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea WR's in this draft appear to be the best option.

Yea...and wouldnt be shocked if we grabbed more than one.  1st round would be tonight during any other year...ugh...cant wait!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am as intrigued by Mr. Football as anybody. Will he or won’t he be ‘it’ in the NFL? Not sure….That being said, I do not understand the thinking behind this statement...."Manziel makes sense there," NFL media analyst Charles Davis said on "Path to the Draft." "I know Jeff Tedford is the new offensive coordinator, and Johnny Manziel doesn't look anything like any of the quarterbacks he's ever coached. He makes sense because they're not exactly sold at the quarterback position by bringing in McCown as a free agent."He makes sense there...but then goes on to say that he doesn't look anything like any of the quarterbacks he's ever coached. But because they are not sold on a FA acquisition; which in my opinion looks more like what Tedford has coached,  'He makes sense'? Huh, wha...?What am I missing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel won't be there anyway . Someone in the top 5 is going to nab him , if for no other reason than he's going to fill a stadium .

He would fill Rayjay also.....you'll never find out though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boid Fink:"...few will ever own up and eat crow.I do, when I am blatantly wrong."Like when you said Schiano rigged the Captain's vote?Boid loses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boid Fink:"...few will ever own up and eat crow.I do, when I am blatantly wrong."Like when you said Schiano rigged the Captain's vote?Boid loses.

LMAO !!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am as intrigued by Mr. Football as anybody. Will he or won't he be 'it' in the NFL? Not sure....That being said, I do not understand the thinking behind this statement...."Manziel makes sense there," NFL media analyst Charles Davis said on "Path to the Draft." "I know Jeff Tedford is the new offensive coordinator, and Johnny Manziel doesn't look anything like any of the quarterbacks he's ever coached. He makes sense because they're not exactly sold at the quarterback position by bringing in McCown as a free agent."He makes sense there...but then goes on to say that he doesn't look anything like any of the quarterbacks he's ever coached. But because they are not sold on a FA acquisition; which in my opinion looks more like what Tedford has coached,  'He makes sense'? Huh, wha...?What am I missing?

I wouldn't try to make any sense of it.  On here, they're saying the QB that is too skinny looks like Aunt Jemima...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ugh…  Two weeks.Whoever they pick at QB needs to sit for a year.  We better have a very specific and detailed plan for grooming a new guy.  Otherwise, we'll end up in the toilet at the position, again.(Long standing frustration seeping out)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always eat crow, like the time I said the Bucs trading for Revis would be a terrible idea and they might release him before this season!

It would be short lived, but not because of VJax! He'll still be running routes long after Manziel gets cut and is out of the NFL!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I usually respect Charles Davis but the Bucs' starting guards are O'Neil Cousins and Jamon Meredith. That does not make for "a good offensive line".

Assuming Carl nicks can play that'll be a big boost to our o line

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’re not taking Manziel.Lovie's got alot of confidence in McCown and I think QB can be addressed in the later rounds or even in a year or two.Matthews or Robinson are the targets. If both are off the board by 7, then take Mike Evans or trade down a bit for Lewan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We're not taking Manziel.Lovie's got alot of confidence in McCown and I think QB can be addressed in the later rounds or even in a year or two.Matthews or Robinson are the targets. If both are off the board by 7, then take Mike Evans or trade down a bit for Lewan.

I also think it can be addressed another year. I think thats the point of having McCown. It gives us flexibility in finding a future QB. I would also be perfectly fine if they draft Bridgewater at 7 or Jimmy in the second or Murray in the 3rd. Manziel... well I would be excited to see what happens, but I myself wouldn't pick him if I were GM. As a fan though Id be happy for the change and the upside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will most like be a bust I really don’t know why you all are so in love with him. I think once he becomes a pro his off field actions will be a problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am as intrigued by Mr. Football as anybody. Will he or won't he be 'it' in the NFL? Not sure....That being said, I do not understand the thinking behind this statement...."Manziel makes sense there," NFL media analyst Charles Davis said on "Path to the Draft." "I know Jeff Tedford is the new offensive coordinator, and Johnny Manziel doesn't look anything like any of the quarterbacks he's ever coached. He makes sense because they're not exactly sold at the quarterback position by bringing in McCown as a free agent."He makes sense there...but then goes on to say that he doesn't look anything like any of the quarterbacks he's ever coached. But because they are not sold on a FA acquisition; which in my opinion looks more like what Tedford has coached,  'He makes sense'? Huh, wha...?What am I missing?

I wouldn't try to make any sense of it.  On here, they're saying the QB that is too skinny looks like Aunt Jemima...

HA! This years draft just feels so uncertain from the top down...Mr. Davis usually has my support, but this one seems like meaningless filler due to the draft being two weeks late.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need to sell some picks (and/or glennon) after drafting manziel at seven to move up to pick evans too.Manziel at qb, evans and vj on the outs, demps in the slot, and wright at te.. pinch me. I'm dreaming.And the best part... We would use up less resources on qb and wr than atlanta did on just jj.. Talk about shoving their faces in it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He would fill Rayjay also.....you'll never find out though.

50% off tickets, beer, and food couldn't fill RayJay nor could free tickets. It's been other teams fans so far. LOL Too many fair weather fans on top of a terrible economy that's recovering slower then paint can dry. Long gone are the days of the waiting list.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rjs is a hot mofo at the beginning of the season.I've been suggesting some dome for awhile now...but no one listens. ...(sigh) ..no respect!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread should have been called “Porno for Manziel Slurpers”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I take it Snook was in a coma during the 90’s and early 2000’s if he thinks rayjay can’t be filled…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Manziel to Bucs hype is gonna be off the chain over the next two weeks. It’s almost too much and I almost wanna just tune out…..but I can’t. So I’ll just embrace it instead. 20140424_101610_1.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That pic made me throw up a little in my mouth Dub,  lol – thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like manziel as a player, but yeah..he’s one ugly m o f o.Going by the laws of football science, manziel should be a baller in the nfl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I take it Snook was in a coma during the 90's and early 2000's if he thinks rayjay can't be filled...

I take it you need to go back over a decade in an attempt to somehow appear right? I almost **CENSORED** myself laughing. Good one buddy! I'm so glad we can always count on your for epic failure trolling leading to a laugh at your expense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amari Cooper in 2015. Get a QB now, draft a guard in round 2, and find a starting caliber TE/WR in R3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That pic made me throw up a little in my mouth Dub,  lol - thanks.

I know man. Those jerseys are very ugly. At least there is a great player wearing that garbage though.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ha ha.  I see what you did there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will most like be a bust I really don't know why you all are so in love with him. I think once he becomes a pro his off field actions will be a problem.

Have you watched him play football?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They see the stats, trophies, and wins against good defenses ..as bad.This makes it unrealistic to even argue with them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You see his ad-lib wins against college level competition as evidence he’ll succeed in the NFL, which makes it unrealistic to even talk to you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They see the stats, trophies, and wins against good defenses ..as bad.This makes it unrealistic to even argue with them.

No, the problem is people think that piling up stats and wins in college means anything in terms of pro potential.  They aren't looking at how he did it and asking how that translates to the NFL.  That is the problem. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You see his ad-lib wins against college level competition as evidence he'll succeed in the NFL, which makes it unrealistic to even talk to you.

Because QBs in the NFL don't ad lib.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In two seasons…..9989 yards.93 TDs.68.9% completion rate. In the SEC.haters gonna hatehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-VFRZF2BKs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/11/johnny-manziel-pro-day_n_5046725.html?utm_hp_ref=nfl13 Ways Johnny Manziel's Pro Day Was The Most Johnny Football Thing Ever Great read.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fluffington post…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In two seasons.....9989 yards.93 TDs.68.9% completion rate.

I'm not big on college stats. They are often misleading, especially if you put too much stock into them.

Irony doth abound.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In two seasons.....9989 yards.93 TDs.68.9% completion rate.

I'm not big on college stats. They are often misleading, especially if you put too much stock into them.

Irony doth abound.

It's only ironic to you. Being careful to not put too much stock into them.....and ignoring them completely is not the same thing. But you know that because you are not stupid. Just as fool.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see. Statistics are relevant when they support your mancrush, and misleading propaganda when they don’t.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMao !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK, that was funny

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see. Statistics are relevant when they support your mancrush, and misleading propaganda when they don't.

No. They are one factor to look at when trying to figure out a prospect. If that is all you look at without watching lots of game footage to see how those stats were acquired, then you are a fool. If the amazing stats are backed up by amazing game tape, as it undeniably is with Manziel.....then it is impressive and worth mentioning. Are you really this stupid or just being difficult on purpose? *Oh yeah....forgot who I was talking to for second. Of course you are being difficult on purpose. Why am I even responding to you?  ???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What was I JUST saying jd..? Cannot even talk to them about it without some negative remark.I guess I'm a little bias too, considering I like most pf the possible prospects in the top ten. I just happen to think manziel would pay off more for our team in the long run than anyone else.Of course, I'd also trade up from two to nab evans also.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess I'm a little bias too

What? No way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess I'm a little bias too

What? No way.

Lmao

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will most like be a bust I really don't know why you all are so in love with him. I think once he becomes a pro his off field actions will be a problem.

Have you watched him play football?

He's been exciting to watch in college for sure.  I can make a list of guys like him that didn't pan out in the pros.  Ty Detmer, for example, was a gunslinger in college (he is mormon so he had no cool nickname and didn't slay nearly as much wool) he couldn't hack the pro game. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ty Detmer was like 5’10 180lbs and looked just like Jack McBrayer from 30 Rock.08089630d-ty-detmer-eaglesjpg-82bebd8d56027d48_large.jpg  30-rock82.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Colt Brennan?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Colt Brennan?

Had an IQ of 6.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This game is fun. Keep going. ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Colt Brennan?

Had an IQ of 6.

He had all the hype... until that Sugar Bowl.  24 on the Wonderlic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ty Detmer was like 5'10 180lbs and looked just like Jack McBrayer from 30 Rock.08089630d-ty-detmer-eaglesjpg-82bebd8d56027d48_large.jpg  30-rock82.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ty Detmer was like 5'10 180lbs and looked just like Jack McBrayer from 30 Rock.08089630d-ty-detmer-eaglesjpg-82bebd8d56027d48_large.jpg  30-rock82.jpg

What is your argument here anyways? Detmer = Manziel? Lolz.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is your argument here anyways? Detmer = Manziel? Lolz.

I'm not sure he's better but he did throw for over 15000 yards in college with over 10 yards per completion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was 180lbs and built like a 5’10” version of Mike Glennon. He had negative 368 rushing yards in 4 years of starting in college. He played at BYU in the MAC and was drafted in the 9th round. He is about as comparable to Manziel as I am.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You say that now.  Let’s wait a few years and compare your #s to his.  I have a feeling Cleveland will be wishing they had drafted you instead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You say that now.  Let's wait a few years and compare your #s to his.  I have a feeling Cleveland will be wishing they had drafted you instead.

Sure. Let's wait a few years....because right now, today, you are desperately grasping for any ridiculous notion that might support your hate for every QB in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Face it.  This year’s crop of QBs are to football… what boy bands are to music.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Face it.  This year's crop of QBs are to football... what boy bands are to music.

Weird analogy but I like it.  Bucs fans are really hoping for something that is not there.  Hopefully our front office is focused on players that will actually help the franchise long term.  I dont have the Eddie Murphy Raw Sex/Saltine crackers bit to post on here but it's very applicable to how starved we are for a Peyton type QB.  Embarrassing really.

Please wait…

Viewing 75 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.