Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 121 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Jets are trying hard to scrape together a couple bucks to pay Fitzpatrick. They have asked D’Brickashaw Ferguson to take a pay cut. So they can put that money towards Fitz. Hopefully Ferguson says no dice, and they come after Mike.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well damn, there goes Hate’s theory that only Bucs fans assign any value to Glennon

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too bad Adam Schein isn’t a GM

• Anonymous

Inactive

Umpossible…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too bad Adam Schein isn't a GM

The article you have been waiting for....Seferian-Jenkins Expected To Be A Difference-Maker For Bucs In 2016

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on, Hate. If the GMs they spoke to had slammed the guy, you'd be propping this story left and right.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on, Hate. If the GMs they spoke to had slammed the guy, you'd be propping this story left and right.

If Schein was a GM, maybe we'd get a 1st.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article you have been waiting for....Seferian-Jenkins Expected To Be A Difference-Maker For Bucs In 2016

I saw that and wasn't sure if it was from yesterday or last year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013110307/2013/REG9/buccaneers@seahawks#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000275939&tab=recapthat seahawks game was fun. even though we lost.

Had a chance to go to that game on my birthday. Good friend of mine is a 20+ year Hawks season ticket holder (20 yrd line, 5 rows up). I turned down the offer because "I don't want to watch my team get destroyed in person" and watched at home instead. Missed a helluva football game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least the read is less homerific than some of the stuff around here.Day 2 will be the day if it happens.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s the meat:Los Angeles Rams: If Case Keenum is the answer, I'd love to know the question. Picking 15th later this month, Los Angeles isn't going to be able to draft Carson Wentz or Jared Goff. So unless the Rams like -- and can get -- Paxton Lynch at 15, why not go after Glennon? By the way, the Rams have an extra second-round pick ...(they have 43 and 45... what type offense they going to run?)  New York Jets: The smart money is still on Ryan Fitzpatrick going back to New York. The market for him clearly just hasn't developed elsewhere. Fitz needs the Jets, and the Jets need him, given the rapport he has with Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. I think Glennon could be better than Fitz, though he would have to develop the relationship that Fitzpatrick established with his guys in a highly productive 2015 campaign.(I don't see this at all,  Fitz will be the guy)Denver Broncos: The Super Bowl champions need a quarterback. (Sorry, Mark Sanchez -- I'm just not seeing it.)(This team is a train wreck after the Superbowl, and  Elway is having a rough offseason - I could see this as a last resort for them.)  Dallas Cowboys: Glennon fills two voids, giving the Cowboys an experienced backup (with 18 starts under his belt) for now and a promising quarterback for the future. I wrote about the Cowboys' options with the No. 4 pick earlier this week. I'd take Wentz if he's there. If not? Gimme Ezekiel Elliott or Joey Bosa. So, let's say the 'Boys do indeed go non-quarterback in Round 1. Would you rather have Glennon or Connor Cook/Christian Hackenberg backing up Tony Romo in 2016?(I guess anything is possible...although I don't think it makes a lot of sense)San Francisco 49ers: As Simms alluded to, the 49ers aren't in the greatest shape when it comes to the overall roster. But this remains one of the NFL's most storied franchises, with a rich history in quarterbacking, so I must examine this possibility. Now, I've written many times that Colin Kaepernick should stay in San Francisco and play for Chip Kelly. And he should never consider giving up any money. But if Kap does fly the coop, how about Glennon?(Don't see this happening, at all - MG isn't a Kelly type QB, but that guy is a proven poor decision maker with talent)Buffalo Bills: The Bills are working out quarterback prospects -- and they should. As GM Doug Whaley said on NFL Network Thursday morning, "time will tell" if Tyrod Taylor is the long-term solution. What if the price for Glennon becomes a third-rounder?(Not likely, again what offense?) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: If Licht doesn't get what he wants, Glennon stays put. But Licht wasn't with the team when Glennon was drafted. What if the Bucs GM has a chance to get a solid return and invest in a player at another position? One thing to stress, though: In my opinion, Glennon is the ideal backup for Winston in 2016. The Bucs can keep him for this year -- he's a team player and offers great insurance should Winston go down -- and then Tampa can receive a compensatory pick if he leaves in free agency next offseason.(Still - Most likely, but not the greatest value for our team.)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its things like this that make me think it will be draft day, or very close to it, before we see any real indications of a glennon trade.Glennon's value is anywhere from a low first, to a mid third, imo. Glennon isnt special, but teams in a bind might think otherwise, and licht is wise enough to explore the possibilities.Worst case scenario.. tampa has a cheap backup for winston this year. Yes, there wont be any compensation should that happen, but it will only be lack of a third (assuming licht couldnt talk-up a second or more), which isnt all that horrible, and in the longrun doesn't hurt anything.It's like licht is dangling a week-old mcdonalds burger in front of a bum. It isnt a porterhouse, but, to a bum, ..it might as well be.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Glennon, but I don't want to keep a backup who wont be here next year. We could use that roster spot in a lot of other ways. We have the kid we signed from the Saints last year. If we keep Glennon, we should cut him. We can put a developmental QB on the practice squad.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good read, thanks for the link.That "one year left on contract" thing  is still an issue.  As I've said before, Glennon has to agree to the situation/salary offered for a renewed contract or else the Bucs will only be offered pittance compared to what his real value is.  Glennon might actually be agreeable to a new deal at a good price since he wants out of here in the worst way, especially with the right opportunity.Shame his development has been stymied here for two full seasons. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Glennon, but I don't want to keep a backup who wont be here next year. We could use that roster spot in a lot of other ways. We have the kid we signed from the Saints last year. If we keep Glennon, we should cut him. We can put a developmental QB on the practice squad.

Its stupid to worry about keeping him, imvho.Idgaf who the backup is, outside of brady himself, the season is done if jameis is sidelined.Freakin, glennon..., isnt going to matter all that much, and you're just squandering picks you wouldve otherwise had IF you didnt win a few inconsequential games.At the end of the day, if all he can recoup is a third, fourth, or even fifth, ...he better take it.I think he can get a second, but thats just me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its stupid to worry about keeping him, imvho.Idgaf who the backup is, outside of brady himself, the season is done if jameis is sidelined.Freakin, glennon..., isnt going to matter all that much, and you're just squandering picks you wouldve otherwise had IF you didnt win a few inconsequential games.At the end of the day, if all he can recoup is a third, fourth, or even fifth, ...he better take it.I think he can get a second, but thats just me.

Fourth? Fifth? Eff that!You'll be singing a different tune if we're sitting at 8-6 and Jameis pulls a hammy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the Rams having an extra 2nd round pick they would be idiots not to use one of them on Glennon.

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the Rams having an extra 2nd round pick they would be idiots not to use one of them on Glennon.

Depends on a lot of things. Do they like Lynch?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good read, thanks for the link.That "one year left on contract" thing  is still an issue.  As I've said before, Glennon has to agree to the situation/salary offered for a renewed contract or else the Bucs will only be offered pittance compared to what his real value is.  Glennon might actually be agreeable to a new deal at a good price since he wants out of here in the worst way, especially with the right opportunity.Shame his development has been stymied here for two full seasons.

Repetition makes that concept no less asinine, but I applaud your persistence.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not dumb at all.  If Jameis goes down Week 1, then yes the season is lost.  That's not the concern.  What if Jameis goes down for 4 weeks when the Bucs are 8-4? Having a competent back up who can win a couple games is the difference between making the playoffs and not.There are a thousand real scenarios where having a competent backup is the difference between playoffs and not.  Or even just being in position for the playoffs.  Every game is so important in the NFL where a great backup who wins you 1 or 2 extra games over a journeyman can save your season.  If Winston goes down for 1 game and Glennon steps up and wins it, that alone could be the difference in making the playoffs.Starting QBs go down every year.  In very recent memory the Bengals, Texans, and Cardinals all suffered because of their lack of competent backups.  Glennon has real value to this team as a trade piece, as a future compensatory pick, and as a backup.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are we keeping Ryan griffin around?

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not dumb at all.  If Jameis goes down Week 1, then yes the season is lost.  That's not the concern.  What if Jameis goes down for 4 weeks when the Bucs are 8-4? Having a competent back up who can win a couple games is the difference between making the playoffs and not.There are a thousand real scenarios where having a competent backup is the difference between playoffs and not.  Or even just being in position for the playoffs.  Every game is so important in the NFL where a great backup who wins you 1 or 2 extra games over a journeyman can save your season.  If Winston goes down for 1 game and Glennon steps up and wins it, that alone could be the difference in making the playoffs.Starting QBs go down every year.  In very recent memory the Bengals, Texans, and Cardinals all suffered because of their lack of competent backups.  Glennon has real value to this team as a trade piece, as a future compensatory pick, and as a backup.

Those games would all be tossed out on third down.And glennon's w/l record indicates he can save tampa in that sort of instance.....Lol, seriously, thats downright funny to believe glennon is going to "save" anything. Wow.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My thinking here is why did the Bucs save a roster spot for Griffen last season if we were not going to get something for Glennon this year before he escapes via free agency next year. I think Licht is going to move Glennon prior to the draft, or on draft day. Playing his cards accordingly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those games would all be tossed out on third down.And glennon's w/l record indicates he can save tampa in that sort of instance.....Lol, seriously, thats downright funny to believe glennon is going to "save" anything. Wow.

You want to compare it to Winston's rock solid .375 w/l percentage? You saw Glennon play with some absolutely wretched offensive game plans and even worse blocking. The team that supports Winston is much different than the one that supported Glennon. Maybe. Just maybe, Glennon might just perform better with Koetter, a running game and some blocking. And remember.....before you chime in with the "a good QB can do without all of that...." nonsense, we have yet to how Jameis performs under those conditions (hopefully we never have to).You're a big time Manziel humper anyway. WTF do you know about QBs?

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're a big time Manziel humper anyway. WTF do you know about QBs?

Speaking of Johnny, he met with Kubiak today to see how he would fit with the Broncs. And Kubiak said it was just something that might come up, later down the line.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many GM's have you spoken with about their interest in Mike, and what they have offered up for a trade?

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many GM's have you spoken with about their interest in Mike, and what they have offered up for a trade?

just one.....and nothing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think to many people over value Mike Glennon, if you think Glennon is worth a 2nd round pick, I’ll trade you a DE named Bowers also for a 3rd. If teams are willing to trade a 2nd they would probably call New England and try for Graoppolo or even the Bengals McCarron.  Glennon has played games and his stats are decent, but he does not win and that is what it comes down to in this league.Why keep Glennon if he's not a winner cause if Jamies does go down for a couple weeks Glennon knows the offense enough to give us a chance. KEY WORDS  GIVE US A CHANCE! Not win the games for us.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think to many people over value Mike Glennon, if you think Glennon is worth a 2nd round pick, I'll trade you a DE named Bowers also for a 3rd. If teams are willing to trade a 2nd they would probably call New England and try for Graoppolo or even the Bengals McCarron.  Glennon has played games and his stats are decent, but he does not win and that is what it comes down to in this league.Why keep Glennon if he's not a winner cause if Jamies does go down for a couple weeks Glennon knows the offense enough to give us a chance. KEY WORDS  GIVE US A CHANCE! Not win the games for us.

Mike Glennon is 5-14; Jameis 6-10. Guess Jameis isn't a winner either. We spent the #1 overall pick for that?

• Anonymous

Inactive

You want to compare it to Winston's rock solid .375 w/l percentage? You saw Glennon play with some absolutely wretched offensive game plans and even worse blocking. The team that supports Winston is much different than the one that supported Glennon. Maybe. Just maybe, Glennon might just perform better with Koetter, a running game and some blocking. And remember.....before you chime in with the "a good QB can do without all of that...." nonsense, we have yet to how Jameis performs under those conditions (hopefully we never have to).You're a big time Manziel humper anyway. WTF do you know about QBs?

I missed the part where i said i was a qb guru, and that you should listen to my educated guesses. Actually, it isnt my position, never played it. Ahhh.... Ya got me! Lol.And, i guess a lot of analysts don't know qbs either, because a ton of them had him ranked pretty high coming from college. (If they knew now, right?) The drunken reprobate.Just saying man. Glennon isn't special, and ..even IF he was, ..what would it matter here? It can't, no matter how you, or i, or anyone else besides licht and koetter feel about the guy. It's not about how good he is or not, at this point.He's pretty much got a foot, and a couple of toes already out the door. Tampa needs to get something for him while they can.While, of course, I'd rather see them obtain a first, its doubtful. A second is more ppossible, but still a tough nut to crack. A third or less, ..i know licht can get done.I'm glad licht started his offer high though. Its how you're supposed to do it. What he gets however, will be different. It's like selling your stuff on Craigslist. You post it higher than you really want to sell it for, then "let them talk you down" some. Makes them feel like they got a good deal, but you still got the amount you initially wanted, maybe more.I may not be some great qb guru, but believe me, i have wheeled and dealed in my time. This smells of that, which isnt necessarily a bad thing. Trouble is, if licht really pushes for it too hard they may come away with nothing (no CL phonecalls because price is too high).Ultimately, it doesnt matter either way. Tampa doesnt lose anything but an opportunity, and keeps a good backup for a year if they dont. Still, i would rather have an extra pick or two for some players who possibly could start. Jmo.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think to many people over value Mike Glennon, if you think Glennon is worth a 2nd round pick, I'll trade you a DE named Bowers also for a 3rd. If teams are willing to trade a 2nd they would probably call New England and try for Graoppolo or even the Bengals McCarron.  Glennon has played games and his stats are decent, but he does not win and that is what it comes down to in this league.Why keep Glennon if he's not a winner cause if Jamies does go down for a couple weeks Glennon knows the offense enough to give us a chance. KEY WORDS  GIVE US A CHANCE! Not win the games for us.

. Mike Glennon is 5-14; Jameis 6-10. Guess Jameis isn't a winner either. We spent the #1 overall pick for that?

TOUCHE!  I still don't think a team will give up a second round pick for him. I would be happy with a 3rd if we could draft  Aguayo (kicker) with the pick. I'm also happy with keeping him as a backup if all we can get is a 5ht or lower.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glenda actually has two (and some change) more games than winston on record, yet crabcakes winston has more passing yards.Winston doesnt throw the ball away on third down btw. Pretty important one there.Did you know that glennon has never thrown more than two TDs in a single game? ..,Out of 19 games? Wow. Kind of pitiful if you ask me.I'm not going to sit here and tell you i know jameis is a HOFer, or a big manning or rothlesburber clone, but i will say arguing glennon vs winston..isn't an argument. It's just silly.However, due to the nature of this team being one of the most qb hexed teams in existence, outside of the browns, i do have to astrisk the above statment a bit.*If I'm another team, and i want a qb, I'm nabbing a bucs qb. Historically, it sometimes pays off. F U IRONY!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glenda actually has two (and some change) more games than winston on record, yet crabcakes winston has more passing yards.Winston doesnt throw the ball away on third down btw. Pretty important one there.Did you know that glennon has never thrown more than two TDs in a single game? ..,Out of 19 games? Wow. Kind of pitiful if you ask me.I'm not going to sit here and tell you i know jameis is a HOFer, or a big manning or rothlesburber clone, but i will say arguing glennon vs winston..isn't an argument. It's just silly.However, due to the nature of this team being one of the most qb hexed teams in existence, outside of the browns, i do have to astrisk the above statment a bit.*If I'm another team, and i want a qb, I'm nabbing a bucs qb. Historically, it sometimes pays off. F U IRONY!

It’s over. This is the one. I believe.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's over. This is the one. I believe.

I'll believe it when i see it, and especially when the glazers actually pay the man.Shades of dougie bring back unfond memories for me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take the Jets out of the picture.Ferguson is retiring...  gives them more money to pay Fitz

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon is 5-14; Jameis 6-10. Guess Jameis isn't a winner either. We spent the #1 overall pick for that?

brilliant analysis!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

brilliant analysis!!

I'd say the same for anyone who pins all those losses on Mike.

• Anonymous

Inactive

brilliant analysis!!

I don't judge MIke on the wins and losses...i judge him on the fact that he doesn't pass the eyeball test with me. Some guys have it, some don't. Any comparisons of Winston to Glennon are ridiculous. It's really quite simple....one is able to raise the level of play in those around them, one is not.

• Anonymous

Inactive

brilliant analysis!!

I don't judge MIke on the wins and losses...i judge him on the fact that he doesn't pass the eyeball test with me. Some guys have it, some don't. Any comparisons of Winston to Glennon are ridiculous. It's really quite simple....one is able to raise the level of play in those around them, one is not.

True.Some forget how good the offense was last season, and he was the main reason. If we would of had a decent defense and a competent HC, the season would of ended on a much better tone.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The offense wasn’t good last season…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The offense wasn't good last season...

5th in total offense

• Anonymous

Inactive

5th in total offense

...and didn't put points on the board...

• Anonymous

Inactive

5th in total offense

More points than 12 other NFL teams did.

• Anonymous

Inactive

5th in total offense

Below average... not good.

• Anonymous

Inactive

brilliant analysis!!

Seriously though, who does that?

• Anonymous

Inactive

5th in total offense

Not good?  For a rookie QB and a lame HC that the game passed by 10 years ago? Its amazing Koetter and Winston were able to accomplish what they did.

• Anonymous

Inactive

brilliant analysis!!

I prefer Winston much more than Glennon. It's not even close. However, those that point to Mike not being a "winner" but don't hold Jameis to the same standard are using a ridiculous double standard. I think it's also short-sighted to dismiss the things that Jameis had that Mike did not. First and foremost, do you think Winston would have been as successful without Koetter? Without pretty good blocking? Without the second leading rusher in the league? Mike had none of that. Doesn't mean that I think Glennon would have fared better than Jameis; only that he would've fared better. The guy played in a pretty crappy situation but no one wants to acknowledge it. As far as Glennon's market is concerned, I think there is a pretty good one. The reason why is because i look at the crap QB situations around the league and think that there's a place for Mike. You see guys like Osweiler and Cousins getting starting gigs.....sorry but I think Mike is just as good if not better than those guys and based on what I've read, their are GMs that believe he'd be a decent starter as well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

5th in total offense

Not good?  For a rookie QB and a lame HC that the game passed by 10 years ago? Its amazing Koetter and Winston were able to accomplish what they did.

The offense could've been #1 in scoring and CJ would say it was luck. The Glennin pain is strong

• Anonymous

Inactive

brilliant analysis!!

I prefer Winston much more than Glennon. It's not even close. However, those that point to Mike not being a "winner" but don't hold Jameis to the same standard are using a ridiculous double standard. I think it's also short-sighted to dismiss the things that Jameis had that Mike did not. First and foremost, do you think Winston would have been as successful without Koetter? Without pretty good blocking? Without the second leading rusher in the league? Mike had none of that. Doesn't mean that I think Glennon would have fared better than Jameis; only that he would've fared better. The guy played in a pretty crappy situation but no one wants to acknowledge it. As far as Glennon's market is concerned, I think there is a pretty good one. The reason why is because i look at the crap QB situations around the league and think that there's a place for Mike. You see guys like Osweiler and Cousins getting starting gigs.....sorry but I think Mike is just as good if not better than those guys and based on what I've read, their are GMs that believe he'd be a decent starter as well.

Just simplify it. Who does better in the exact same circumstance?You're also saying there's a good market for Mike when the limited available evidence says the opposite. For example, he's barely mentioned in connection with the most QB-needy teams

• Anonymous

Inactive

5th in total offense

The offense could've been #1 in scoring and CJ would say it was luck. The Glennin pain is strong

Agree, and I know better than to fall into the trap. Its a slow night at work.

• Anonymous

Inactive

brilliant analysis!!

Just simplify it. Who does better in the exact same circumstance?You're also saying there's a good market for Mike when the limited available evidence says the opposite. For example, he's barely mentioned in connection with the most QB-needy teams

Winston is better. Never said he wasn't. I'm talking about the circumstances for each QB and their differences. Also, Glennon has been mentioned as a starting option for plenty of teams. Google it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

brilliant analysis!!

Winston is better. Never said he wasn't. I'm talking about the circumstances for each QB and their differences. Also, Glennon has been mentioned as a starting option for plenty of teams. Google it.

He has not been connected to a team. He's been mentioned generally, as one of several QBs available. Maybe the Jets was as close as it get to linking him with a teamAgain, I hope we get a king's ransom. Just don't see it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

brilliant analysis!!

However, those that point to Mike not being a "winner" but don't hold Jameis to the same standard are using a ridiculous double standard.

I don't care about win loss record as the team has been craptastic for some time however what I see is a guy capable of managing a game but not putting a team on his back when the need arises. Do you feel differently?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take the Jets out of the picture.Ferguson is retiring...  gives them more money to pay Fitz

Well, they just traded for Clady and he is restructuring his deal. He was making 9.5M and the Jets currently prior to restructuring in the deal have 61k above the CAP. He would have to restructure down to 5.5M for the Jets to have enough money for the Draft and Glennon as the Team is currently structured.Wilkerson won't restructure. Revis won't restructure.Marshall doubtful.Mangold 8.6M maybe?Decker 8M maybe?The Jets are kind of in trouble now!And BTW, by trading for Clady Fitz is not going back now! There isn't enough $$$$ to go around!

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Jets are kind of in trouble now!And BTW, by trading for Clady Fitz is not going back now! There isn't enough $$$$ to go around!

You said the same thing about the Broncos, and they are bringing guys in for a look [JFF], and signing free agents. Jared Crick just signed with them for 2 years, 4mil. A week or so ago, you were predicting they wouldn't have enough cap to sign their draft picks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, they just traded for Clady and he is restructuring his deal. He was making 9.5M and the Jets currently prior to restructuring in the deal have 61k above the CAP. He would have to restructure down to 5.5M for the Jets to have enough money for the Draft and Glennon as the Team is currently structured.Wilkerson won't restructure. Revis won't restructure.Marshall doubtful.Mangold 8.6M maybe?Decker 8M maybe?The Jets are kind of in trouble now!And BTW, by trading for Clady Fitz is not going back now! There isn't enough $$$$ to go around!

Looks like they basically slid Clady into Ferguson's slot. So I don't think the deal affects the cap that much. Ferguson was going to be a $14mil hit with a dead $5mil. So now it's just the dead $5mil. Not sure where they stood prior to the retirement and the trade but I don't think it's any different than it was 2 days ago.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like they basically slid Clady into Ferguson's slot. So I don't think the deal affects the cap that much. Ferguson was going to be a $14mil hit with a dead $5mil. So now it's just the dead $5mil. Not sure where they stood prior to the retirement and the trade but I don't think it's any different than it was 2 days ago.

2 years 18mil for Clady.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Jets are kind of in trouble now!And BTW, by trading for Clady Fitz is not going back now! There isn't enough $$$$ to go around!

You said the same thing about the Broncos, and they are bringing guys in for a look [JFF]

Elway just wants a drinking buddy.Seriously, jff is a mini clone of elway. Not surprised they met up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You said the same thing about the Broncos, and they are bringing guys in for a look [JFF]

Elway just wants a drinking buddy.Seriously, jff is a mini clone of elway. Not surprised they met up.

lolIt was actually a favor for his HC. Kubiak is a Texas A&M alum.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure thing, or good guess?Idk, but elway had some serious issues back in his hayday as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't feel like a reclamation project wasn't impossible.Not me though. I went from "draft him" to "kick him out" in basically the timespan of a buccaneers HC.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure thing, or good guess?Idk, but elway had some serious issues back in his hayday as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't feel like a reclamation project wasn't impossible.Not me though. I went from "draft him" to "kick him out" in basically the timespan of a buccaneers HC.

Sure thingElway said after the meeting, they are just kicking the tires. No one will sign him now, he is probably facing a suspension for the girlfriend dustup back in Cleveland awhile back.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure thingElway said after the meeting, they are just kicking the tires. No one will sign him now, he is probably facing a suspension for the girlfriend dustup back in Cleveland awhile back.

Yeah, i think he is finally toast.Idk how players would even play for him at this point? I mean, i hear guys like miller and evans say they would like to play for him again, but what about others that never have? Would they have faith in him, ..week in, week out? How the hell would you play for a qb and not know if he's going to end up in a gutter, dead somewhere(with a wig), or not?He can't lead himself..

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, i think he is finally toast.Idk how players would even play for him at this point? I mean, i hear guys like miller and evans say they would like to play for him again, but what about others that never have? Would they have faith in him, ..week in, week out? How the hell would you play for a qb and not know if he's going to end up in a gutter, dead somewhere(with a wig), or not?He can't lead himself..

He needs to do a stint in rehab. Get the legal stuff cleaned up. But he seems to have zero interest in either one of those things. He was spotted in the LA clubs just a couple weeks ago, boozing it up with his posse.

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate! In his article, Schein cites multiple unnamed general managers, as well as former Super Bowl MVP quarterback Phil Simms, who view Glennon favorably. Simms compared him to Atlanta’s Matt Ryan. One GM went as far as to say that he would prefer Glennon to Dolphins starter Ryan Tannehill, and believes the Bucs backup could even fetch a second-round pick given the crop of Day 2 quarterbacks in the draft. That same GM listed the New York Jets as possible suitors, advising Tampa Bay to hold out for a multiple picks and Mo Wilkerson.https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/schein-believes-glennon-should-be-a-starter-lists-possible-suitors/

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate! In his article, Schein cites multiple unnamed general managers, as well as former Super Bowl MVP quarterback Phil Simms, who view Glennon favorably. Simms compared him to Atlanta’s Matt Ryan. One GM went as far as to say that he would prefer Glennon to Dolphins starter Ryan Tannehill, and believes the Bucs backup could even fetch a second-round pick given the crop of Day 2 quarterbacks in the draft. That same GM listed the New York Jets as possible suitors, advising Tampa Bay to hold out for a multiple picks and Mo Wilkerson.https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/schein-believes-glennon-should-be-a-starter-lists-possible-suitors/

The article listed no teams who seem willing to give up much, if anything for Glennon....at least at this point. Whatever Adam Schein thinks about Glennon really matters not at all and if the GMs willing to speak off the record aren't in position to offer that pick for Glennon that also matters not at all.

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

C'mon what?BP asked me a question and I answered.

• bucsnbr1

Participant

My thinking here is why did the Bucs save a roster spot for Griffen last season if we were not going to get something for Glennon this year before he escapes via free agency next year. I think Licht is going to move Glennon prior to the draft, or on draft day. Playing his cards accordingly.

i know Little about Griffen. But the Bucs using a roster spot on him last year tells me that they put more value into the backup QB spot then most teams do. i think our GM sees a lot more value in keeping Glennon then most draft-hungry fans do. Glennon knows the offense, he is the absolute best available man for the job in the league. It also gives Greffen(if retained) another full year to be evaluated and to learn the offense. It's also not a fact that Glennon leaves next year. I can think of several scenarios where Glennon stays in Tampa beyond 2016. I think our GM is forward thinking. And it's good to have a contingency plan because depth is so important in football. Good teams are able to sustain crucial losses(Kwon Alexander) without falling apart.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i know Little about Griffen. But the Bucs using a roster spot on him last year tells me that they put more value into the backup QB spot then most teams do. i think our GM sees a lot more value in keeping Glennon then most draft-hungry fans do. Glennon knows the offense, he is the absolute best available man for the job in the league. It also gives Greffen(if retained) another full year to be evaluated and to learn the offense. It's also not a fact that Glennon leaves next year. I can think of several scenarios where Glennon stays in Tampa beyond 2016. I think our GM is forward thinking. And it's good to have a contingency plan because depth is so important in football. Good teams are able to sustain crucial losses(Kwon Alexander) without falling apart.

Mike won't resign here. He wants his shot at being a starter.

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

Because you insinuated before bp's question there was no GM interest in Glennon. It says right in the article by someone who has direct contact with multiple GMs that there is interest.

• bucsnbr1

Participant

a lot can change in a year

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless you are talking a career ending injury for Jameis, I don't see it happening.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless you are talking a career ending injury for Jameis, I don't see it happening.

I think he wants to get his fair shot as a starter. He is too young to label himself as a career backup.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he wants to get his fair shot as a starter. He is too young to label himself as a career backup.

Agree. And good for him for believing in himself.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think bp would allow him to sign as a backup. lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think bp would allow him to sign as a backup. lol

lol

• bucsnbr1

Participant

well it doesn’t have to be a career ending injury. Glennon may not find the right money or team next year and be willing to sign with us short term. It is just unpredictable to say that Glennon will have multiple attractive offers to choose from in a years time. It is most likely that Glennon signs with another team for a decent raise in 2017. But if I’m the Bucs I do see value in keeping Glennon here in case you can resign him next season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

well it doesn't have to be a career ending injury. Glennon may not find the right money or team next year and be willing to sign with us short term. It is just unpredictable to say that Glennon will have multiple attractive offers to choose from in a years time. It is most likely that Glennon signs with another team for a decent raise in 2017. But if I'm the Bucs I do see value in keeping Glennon here in case you can resign him next season.

You are missing the point. It has zero to do with money.

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

Because you insinuated before bp's question there was no GM interest in Glennon. It says right in the article by someone who has direct contact with multiple GMs that there is interest.

Is that what the article actually says? Schein's article asks a few anonymous GM about Glennon generally, not whether they are considering trading for him. Also, one cites the McCown "red flag." I think that's unfair, but I am not sure there's a ton of interest in Glennon, certainly not as portrayed on the Red Board, and it seems pretty clear that the Matt Ryan comparison isn't a widely-held view.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a very low opinion of the competency of any personnel director who states, “I don’t know. He couldn’t play in front of Josh McCown. That’s a red flag.”

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a very low opinion of the competency of any personnel director who states, "I don't know. He couldn't play in front of Josh McCown. That's a red flag."

You shouldn't. It's a valid concern.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a very low opinion of the competency of any personnel director who states, "I don't know. He couldn't play in front of Josh McCown. That's a red flag."

You shouldn't. It's a valid concern.

lol.  Maybe the personnel director is related to Lovie?  That's the only thing that makes sense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

If Schein said it, it MUST be true. Too bad he's not a GM, maybe we'd get a 1st.Question for you.....if there is so much interest, why is he still here?

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

If Schein said it, it MUST be true. Too bad he's not a GM, maybe we'd get a 1st.Question for you.....if there is so much interest, why is he still here?

..Maybe licht ain't playin'?Gotta get that first.

• dalaca

Participant

He needs to do a stint in rehab. Get the legal stuff cleaned up. But he seems to have zero interest in either one of those things. He was spotted in the LA clubs just a couple weeks ago, boozing it up with his posse.

JFF is the best answer Josh Gordon can use for reinstatement. Next to Manziel, I'd nominate Gordon for sainthood. :)

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

Jason is asking for a very high pick at this point in time and is not ready to move on from that stance. He's not going to let him go for a 3rd or less IMO. He means more to the team this season in case Winston goes down for a game or two. His opinion of Glennon is much higher than his opinion of Griffin as it should be. Griffin has never started a regular season game in the NFL and you want him as the backup?

• Anonymous

Inactive

His opinion of Glennon is much higher than his opinion of Griffin as it should be. Griffin has never started a regular season game in the NFL and you want him as the backup?

the question is why did we keep griffin on the roster all through last season?

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

Jason is asking for a very high pick at this point in time and is not ready to move on from that stance. He's not going to let him go for a 3rd or less IMO. He means more to the team this season in case Winston goes down for a game or two. His opinion of Glennon is much higher than his opinion of Griffin as it should be. Griffin has never started a regular season game in the NFL and you want him as the backup?

do you think that Jason would turn down a 2 today if offered?

• Anonymous

Inactive

His opinion of Glennon is much higher than his opinion of Griffin as it should be. Griffin has never started a regular season game in the NFL and you want him as the backup?

the question is why did we keep griffin on the roster all through last season?

Because Griffin was good enough that another team could very well have plucked him.  He's developmental, but good enough that you don't want another team to poach him from the practise squad.That's a pretty normal thing to do.  Bucs (and every team) has done it with players that aren't good enough to start but have enough potential you don't want them to get signed away.

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

Glennon unquestionably has value.  Licht, smartly, is seeking to get maximum value for Glennon as teams (hopefully) get more desperate at or after the draft.As for "Why is he here if there's so much interest?" I think that's simple.  Teams are ALWAYS hesitant to part ways with a premium pick.  Glennon is not worth 100% for sure a 1st or 2nd round pick. He's on the edge and teams would rather wait and evaluate their options before moving that high a pick.  Just because there's real value on him doesn't mean he'll move immediately - as many trades demonstrate.For example: "Let's say I'm a GM that needs a QB and believe Glennon is worth a 2nd.  But I also like Paxton Lynch more and think he'll fall to me in the 2nd.  I'd rather gamble and wait than trade for Glennon now."  You can of course insert any draftable QB or one available for trade into that equation.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because Griffin was good enough that another team could very well have plucked him.  He's developmental, but good enough that you don't want another team to poach him from the practise squad.That's a pretty normal thing to do.  Bucs (and every team) has done it with players that aren't good enough to start but have enough potential you don't want them to get signed away.

the guys been in the league for 3 years now.  How much more development does he need to be a backup?  As far as I Know, it’s becoming less and less normal to carry 3 QBs on your roster – but that could be wrong.None of us really know the market for glennon yet.  But carrying 3 QBs again would be a mistake IMO.  Worrying more about insurance than actual life. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

well it doesn't have to be a career ending injury. Glennon may not find the right money or team next year and be willing to sign with us short term. It is just unpredictable to say that Glennon will have multiple attractive offers to choose from in a years time. It is most likely that Glennon signs with another team for a decent raise in 2017. But if I'm the Bucs I do see value in keeping Glennon here in case you can resign him next season.

You are missing the point. It has zero to do with money.

I can say with 100% certainty, Mike Glennon wants to be a starter. He will tell as well as everyone who knows him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

One GM? Nice sampling.  ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

Glennon unquestionably has value.  Licht, smartly, is seeking to get maximum value for Glennon as teams (hopefully) get more desperate at or after the draft.As for "Why is he here if there's so much interest?" I think that's simple.  Teams are ALWAYS hesitant to part ways with a premium pick.  Glennon is not worth 100% for sure a 1st or 2nd round pick. He's on the edge and teams would rather wait and evaluate their options before moving that high a pick.  Just because there's real value on him doesn't mean he'll move immediately - as many trades demonstrate.For example: "Let's say I'm a GM that needs a QB and believe Glennon is worth a 2nd.  But I also like Paxton Lynch more and think he'll fall to me in the 2nd.  I'd rather gamble and wait than trade for Glennon now."  You can of course insert any draftable QB or one available for trade into that equation.

I believe that if a team was as hot for Mike as some would suggest, they wouldn't be sitting back giving someone else the opportunity to steal him out from under them. They'd make a move and secure this hot commodity.And no one will make me believe that Licht has already been offered a 2 or better and declined. Not buying that one for a second.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And no one will make me believe that Licht has already been offered a 2 or better and declined. Not buying that one for a second.

Yeah, I think it's extremely unlikely to the point of being unbelievable that the Bucs have been offered a second and he's still a part of the team.I definitely think it's possible they've been offered a package that could be acceptable but that they won't know until the draft. Like, if Denver offered pick 94 and the Bucs have 75 guys ranked high enough that they would trade Glennon + a future comp pick for, they might be willing to do it but not until they see how their board is shaping up in round three. But I don't think we'd be talking about a current Buc if someone had offered a second.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe the Bucs will get a third round comp pick if they allow Glennon to walk in free agency which means if they trade him this year for a third, it will be better than the pick they get for him (since the third round compensatory picks can’t be traded for Glennon). Of course, a 2016 third rounder does not equal a 2018 third rounder, both in the sense that you have to wait for a 2018 third rounder and that every draft class is different. That said, I know they like Glennon and trading him now means giving up an additional year of his service, but I doubt they turn down a top 94 pick (the last pick in round three is Denver's at 94 because two picks ahead have been stripped) for him come draft day. I could definitely see them turning it down the first week of April, though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe that if a team was as hot for Mike as some would suggest, they wouldn't be sitting back giving someone else the opportunity to steal him out from under them. They'd make a move and secure this hot commodity.And no one will make me believe that Licht has already been offered a 2 or better and declined. Not buying that one for a second.

I think they're "hot" on Mike but only to a degree.  Again, I think his value is a 3rd to borderline 2nd.  The Bucs could net a 1st if a time was really desperate, but I believe that is unlikely.  With the draft coming up, teams are more likely to wait before trading for a QB.  Why haven't any other QB needy teams traded for Kaep? I think it's a similar situation.Licht's trying to set the market up for a bidding war which will drive Glennon's value to a level he will accept.  After all, AJ Feeley went for a 1st...And I agree, I don't think a 2nd has been offered. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

the guys been in the league for 3 years now.  How much more development does he need to be a backup?  As far as I Know, it's becoming less and less normal to carry 3 QBs on your roster - but that could be wrong.None of us really know the market for glennon yet.  But carrying 3 QBs again would be a mistake IMO.  Worrying more about insurance than actual life.

I think you're making a lot more of the Griffin situation than is there.He wasn't signed until September of 2015.  And he's a UDFA - I'd imagine he needs lots of development at the QB position.  Rodgers sat 3 years. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you're making a lot more of the Griffin situation than is there.He wasn't signed until September of 2015.  And he's a UDFA - I'd imagine he needs lots of development at the QB position.  Rodgers sat 3 years.

the Bucs made it a situation by keeping him on the roster IMO.  But maybe I am.  Just seems odd to me to keep this guy as a 3rd QB.  Griffin has now sat 3 years.  Rodgers sat for 3 not simply for development, moreso because of his situation.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Glennon is gone on draft day…I think other GM's are low-balling until then.I think Licht is playing his cards correctly - either get that '2' or have a truly viable backup.I think Griffin can be a legitimate player in this league in a back up role.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Griffin was a divisional opponent’s 4th string QB after burning all his practice squad eligibility.  He got cut to make room for a rookie draft pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Griffin was a divisional opponent's 4th string QB after burning all his practice squad eligibility.  He got cut to make room for a rookie draft pick.

Never in the history of football has a football player improved ever.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Griffin was a divisional opponent's 4th string QB after burning all his practice squad eligibility.  He got cut to make room for a rookie draft pick.

Never in the history of football has a football player improved ever.

Player?

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon Hate!

It depends if it is a high #2. If Denver offered up a #2 I would say he would pass because that is almost a High #3 and he would rather have him here as a backup. All we know is Jason is asking for a high pick and no team is offering up the right pick for him at this time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s mark down the teams that we believe need a “starter”…ClevelandDenverSan FranciscoJetsSt. LouisNow, let's mark down the available QB's (minus Glennon)...GoffWentzLynchHackenbergFitzpatrickKaepernickThat's 6 QB's and 5 teams.  Looks like one of those 6 will be a guaranteed backup.  Where's that leave Glennon on draft day?  In Tampa.Now, who needs a backup?Dallas (definitely)Philadelphia (maybe)Neither of those two will part with a 4th round pick for a 1-year backup.

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/13/jets-fitzpatrick-still-not-close/ Jets, Fitzpatrick still “not close”Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2016, 10:15 AM EDTAs the Jets get closer to the start of their offseason program, they’re no closer to having their starting quarterback back under contract.Chris Carlin of SiriusXM Mad Dog Radio reports, citing a source familiar with the negotiations, that the Jets and quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick are still “not close” on a new deal.It’s unclear how much the Jets have offered. At one point, the prevailing sense was that the Jets had maxed out in the range of $7 million. More recently, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reported that the pending offer is “better than” the perceived range of $7 million to $8 million. It’s also unclear what Fitzpatrick specifically wants; some have suggested he’s at or above $15 million per year in his expectations.Regardless, a major gap still exists. And while the Jets have other options (last month, coach Todd Bowles said that the team has plans B, C, and D in place), Fitzpatrick apparently continues to be the team’s plan A.The real question is whether Fitzpatrick has other options. For now, he apparently doesn’t, at least not at the kind of number he’d accept. At some point, the question becomes whether Fitzpatrick will do what left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson did. Indeed, if the Jets won’t increase their offer and if no one else will offer Fitzpatrick more and if he’s not willing to play for what the Jets are offering, retirement for the 33-year-old quarterback becomes a viable potential outcome.Or maybe Fitzpatrick will just sit and wait for the Jets or someone else to realize that a team has needs at the position, that Fitzpatrick has the skills to fill those needs, and that the team is willing to pay him what we wants. Unless and until Fitzpatrick agrees to play for a lot less than he currently wants, not playing until he gets what he wants could be the only real option.And if he never gets what he wants, not playing again becomes a real option, too.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fitzpatrick is an idiot.  The Jets are holding all of the cards.  It should be clear to him that if teams like San Fran, KC, Cleveland, and no one else is calling, then he should realize that he should take a deal before it’s too late, or just retire.  If I’m the Jets, I’m not budging one inch on my offer.  Then, I draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round.  I’m 100% confident that I’ll have a shot at one of Lynch, Cook, or Hackenberg.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fitzpatrick is an idiot.  The Jets are holding all of the cards.  It should be clear to him that if teams like San Fran, KC, Cleveland, and no one else is calling, then he should realize that he should take a deal before it's too late, or just retire.  If I'm the Jets, I'm not budging one inch on my offer.  Then, I draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round.  I'm 100% confident that I'll have a shot at one of Lynch, Cook, or Hackenberg.

Hard to hold a veteran team together with a rookie QB, tho'...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fitzpatrick is an idiot.  The Jets are holding all of the cards.  It should be clear to him that if teams like San Fran, KC, Cleveland, and no one else is calling, then he should realize that he should take a deal before it's too late, or just retire.  If I'm the Jets, I'm not budging one inch on my offer.  Then, I draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round.  I'm 100% confident that I'll have a shot at one of Lynch, Cook, or Hackenberg.

Hard to hold a veteran team together with a rookie QB, tho'...

Not if you're a good coach.Also, I'm willing to bet that the drafting of a rookie will prompt Fitzpatrick to sign a contract.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another backup who a team may be more interested in than Glennon??https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/720612629186617344

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fitz's value could take a big jump after the draft.  If QBs fall the right way, he might have the Jets (or another team) over a barrel.  He's gambling, but I'd do the same thing at his age. 

• mdclarie

Participant

Jets already drafted Petty last year. He's as good as Cook or Hackenberg. Neither Cook or Hackenberg are day one starters. I don't see them wasting another pick on a mediocre QB prospect. Petty is still another year or two away which is why Fitzpatrick is a great fit for that team. Maybe just maybe they're ok with going with Geno Smith for a year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fitz's value could take a big jump after the draft.  If QBs fall the right way, he might have the Jets (or another team) over a barrel.  He's gambling, but I'd do the same thing at his age.

I don't think they could fall "the right way" for Fitzpatrick.  My last count had 8 possible starting QB's...FitzpatrickKaepernickGlennonWentzGoffLynchCookHackenberg... for 5 teams...St. LouisClevelandDenverNY JetsSan FranciscoIf you add 2 teams looking to add a backup...DallasPhiladelphiaLet's say the Broncos do trade for Kaepernick, the Rams draft Goff, Browns draft Wentz.  Those 3 moves, which do seem inevitable, now leaves only the Niners (other than the Jets), without a QB.  I'm pretty confident that Chip Kelly wants nothing to do with Fitzpatrick.  Any hope for the draft that he might be hoping "falls the right way", will be over 20 minutes after the draft starts.I think Fitzpatrick showed up to a gun fight with a knife.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jets already drafted Petty last year. He's as good as Cook or Hackenberg. Neither Cook or Hackenberg are day one starters. I don't see them wasting another pick on a mediocre QB prospect. Petty is still another year or two away which is why Fitzpatrick is a great fit for that team. Maybe just maybe they're ok with going with Geno Smith for a year.

Forgot about Petty.  I do disagree with you on Cook and Hackenberg not being Day 1 starters though... nor do I see them as mediocre prospects.  In either case, while Fitzpatrick may be a great fit for the Jets, he has no leverage.  No other team wants to meet his financial demands and the Jets don't have the financial ability to either.  I don't think he should just sign whatever the Jets offer him, but he needs to drop his asking price.  If he holds firm, he's going to find himself on the "forced into retirement" list.  For the life of me, I can't understand the rationale of "I'm going to throw away $8M just for principle."  Which is why he may end up signing for less than what the Jets are currently offering.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think they could fall "the right way" for Fitzpatrick.  My last count had 8 possible starting QB's...

Without going through the scenarios you listed in detail... it could very well break that way.  And Fitzpatrick would lose.But I also believe there are a number of scenarios where teams become desperate for QB help.  Many coaches are on the hot seat and, especially after the draft, may want a veteran QB to get them 2 or 3 more wins so they keep their job.  Or a starting QB might tear an ACL or some of the currently available QBs might cease to be available.The money the Jets are offering is probably the same amount Fitz could get anywhere.  So why not wait and see if he can get a lot more?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans looking to cut Hoyer. Could be an option for Glennon

• Anonymous

Inactive

huh?

• Anonymous

Inactive

huh?

He probably forgot about Brock, no biggie.Hoyer is getting a lot of interest. 5 teams or so. No one wanted to trade for him, but they are interested now that he is a free agent.

• Anonymous

Inactive

huh?

He probably forgot about Brock, no biggie.Hoyer is getting a lot of interest. 5 teams or so. No one wanted to trade for him, but they are interested now that he is a free agent.

My bad lol. Forgot all about Brock. Hopefully the Jets or Broncos end up trading with us.

• Anonymous

Inactive

huh?

as they probably will be about Glennon if/when he is a free agent.

• Anonymous

Inactive

huh?

as they probably will be about Glennon if/when he is a free agent.

Agreed. If he remains with us this season, he will definitely get interest on the free agent market.

Viewing 121 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.