Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

LogoPEOPLE MAKE UP THEIR MINDS BEFORE LOOKING AT THE EVIDENCEMMQB…Jason Licht…Chris Casher: Depositions and ExonerationPublished on May 7, 2015  in News  by Joe MurgiaAfter Jameis Winston was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Peter King, wrote a lengthy piece in his MMQB column on how Winston became the NFL’s first, overall pick and a Buccaneer. King said that he had “this sinking feeling” the Bucs found what they wanted to find with their investigation and questioned why the Bucs never spoke to Winston’s accuser, Erica Kinsman. Licht explained that the Bucs already knew what Kinsman was going to say because they “read the depositions.” He added that it was a thorough investigation and they weren’t going to “mistake charisma for character.”Let’s stop right there. To some people, this is just Licht misspeaking. To me, it suggests that King may have been right about that feeling. There have been a grand total of ZERO depositions taken so far. Regarding Kinsman, there are several police interviews and interviews with State Attorney’s Office investigator, Jason Newlin, that Licht could have referenced. Kinsman willingly granted all of those interviews. Licht also had the transcripts from the Code of Conduct (CoC) hearing as reference material. And finally there’s “The Hunting Ground,” where Kinsman shed her anonymity and told her story publicly for the first time. From what little I have seen from the movie and from reading her transcripts, I think Erica Kinsman, inconsistencies and all, is going to do extremely  well in front of a jury.During the CoC hearing, Kinsman, and her other witnesses, faced mild cross examination. The cross came from Judge Harding and Winston himself, who submitted his questions from a different room when Kinsman testified so she wouldn’t have to face him.  Jason Newlin, was the only witness for Winston and Kinsman cross examined him.A deposition will feature Kinsman being grilled by one of Winston’s attorneys. It could make her look bad and damage her credibility. Or, she could come through it stronger than ever. The biggest unknown is how Winston, Casher and Darby will handle being grilled by John Clune or Baine Kerr, Kinsman’s lead attorneys, when their turn comes to be deposed. Casher and Darby weren’t willing to answer questions at the CoC hearing and Winston answered only a couple of questions asked by Harding regarding consent. More on that in a second. Once those depositions take place, Licht will know the difference between interviews and depositions. Maybe all three excel and come through with flying colors? Or not. Time will tell.And if Winston takes the 5th and refuses to be deposed, a jury can use that against him if a trial ever occurs. Is it possible that Kinsman attorney’s will push for a deal in which the state agrees to not re-open the criminal investigation or case? That could hinder Winston’s ability to take the 5th on grounds that he may incriminate himself. A similar deal happened in the Kobe Bryant case.Wood, too, wanted an assurance that Bryant could not be recharged, but his motive was different. He planned to depose Bryant in the civil suit, and removing the threat of future prosecution would limit Bryant’s ability to use the 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination to avoid testifying.So far, the only thing we have heard from Winston about the night in question is his prepared statement, read at the Code of Conduct hearing. And the only questions he answered came when Harding asked him in what manner, verbally or physically,  Kinsman gave consent. “Both, Your Honor, verbally and physically,” Winston said. Harding followed up by asking him what Kinsman did and said.  Winston answered, “Moaning is mostly physically. Well, moaning is physically. And verbally at that time.” That’s going to be an interesting deposition.Chris Casher and Ronald Darby both gave interviews to the police. They also both gave sworn statements that contain inconsistencies which I will address in a future article. Kinsman also has her share of inconsistencies and I’ll get to them, too. I just want to focus on Casher and a few things I believe he will be asked about when his deposition takes place. Casher admitted to taping a portion of Kinsman’s encounter with Winston but said he deleted the video a few days later and threw the phone in the garbage. In a deposition, Casher will be asked why he didn’t save his phone or turn it in for an upgrade when he got his new phone. I’m sure he’ll also be asked if he shared the video with anybody. You would think the police would have asked these questions.  But they didn’t. If it goes to trial, whether a jury believes Casher’s explanation or not, could be crucial to the case. Did he delete and throw away evidence of Kinsman saying “no”? Or, did he throw away something that was embarrassing to Winston but was exculpatory evidence?The other interesting aspect of his police interview is when he was asked if Kinsman seemed intoxicated. Casher said she wasn’t out of her mind and knew what was going on. But then this was asked and answered…Police interviewer: Was she staggering, stumbling or anything like that?Casher: I mean, I seen her trip on the stair like one time. But like I said, we got in the cab and she went to walk from the garage to the apartment and she was walking fine.There was no follow-up by the interviewer. How did she trip? Did somebody trip her? Did she trip on an uneven part of the pavement? Did you have to hold onto her so she didn’t fall again? If we took a look at the surveillance tapes from Potbelly’s would she look fine? The cops could have lied and tried to trip him up on the surveillance videos. Those videos were erased 30 days after the incident and this interview took place eleven months later. Casher probably knew those tapes were gone but it would have been worth a shot.It’s interesting that Casher remembers her tripping on the stair. Remember, in the lawsuit vs. Winston, it says “The cab driver observed that Plaintiff appeared to be impaired.” If the cab driver has actually been found, (something the Tallahassee police and state attorney were unable to do) and testifies that Kinsman appeared to be extremely impaired or “out of it,” it could be a huge coup for Kinsman’s side. If he/she testifies that Kinsman was just a little tipsy, then it will hurt her. One of her week points is not remembering how she got to the cab, or to Winston’s apartment. And the cab driver’s testimony, combined with Casher remembering a little more clearly what he saw, could bolster her claim that she was drugged, despite drugs not being found in her blood and urine. We’ll also revisit that problem for Kinsman at a later date.Back to Peter King. In his MMQB column on May 4th, King writes, “Twice he was exonerated by prosecutors, and once by the university after a probe by a Florida state supreme court justice found insufficient evidence to charge Winston with sexual assault.” According to dictionary.com, that word means, “to clear, as of an accusation; free from guilt or blame; exculpate.” State Attorney Willie Meggs and Assistant SA Georgia Cappleman, both said they didn’t think they had enough evidence for a conviction. And the questionable/severely delayed, investigation by the Tallahassee PD, mentioned by Meggs on more than one occasion, certainly didn’t help. That may have kept us from knowing the truth. Add to that, an alleged rape victim, who, like many rape victims, had fragmented memories from the night in question. And with all of that, Meggs still said he thought something bad happened that night. And Capppleman said she didn’t necessarily think Winston was innocent. That’s a far cry from being exonerated.And Harding said to Winston, “You and your advisor have asserted that (accuser) intentionally fabricated an elaborate lie, but I am not prepared to conclude as much.” He then added, “I do not find the credibility of one story substantially strong than that of the other.” Harding basically had ruled 50/50. Once again, that’s not being exonerated. And one other note, Harding was never responsible for finding whether the evidence was enough to “charge Winston with sexual assault”. This was a code of conduct hearing. The worst thing that could have resulted from the hearing for Winston was expulsion from FSU.To be fair, he’s not the only one getting things wrong about this case. A few days ago, MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough kept harping on about the “rape charges” Winston had faced when in fact, he was never charged. Are both Sports Illustrated and MSNBC running on shoestring budgets where they can’t afford to hire enough fact checkers?Following up his first article, on May 6th, Peter King had some more words about the Winston case in “The Post-Draft Mailbag.” He finished off his response with this:  “But I must say this: If three times a neutral party was asked to adjudicate this case, and if three times the neutral party came back without enough evidence to charge Winston to bring the case to trial, at some point Winston has to be allowed to live his life and pursue his livelihood.”I agree with this. But how is Winston not being able to live his life or pursue his livelihood? He just signed a four-year, $23 million contract. Does King know something we don’t? Is he saying the media shouldn’t be allowed to have opinions about the shoddy investigation by the Tallahassee PD? Should the media not be able to use their judgment when they see Kinsman tell her story in “The Hunting Ground”? Is he saying that Kinsman shouldn’t be allowed to pursue civil litigation? If not, then what is he saying? Anybody know? Maybe I should grab a dictionary.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great job Joe.  Pewter report should hire you to cover the trial since it seems like most of the media just wants it to go away quietly and are not doing their jobs. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great waste of time.  But whatever one likes to fill his time with.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great job Joe.  Pewter report should hire you to cover the trial since it seems like most of the media just wants it to go away quietly and are not doing their jobs.

Its very telling you associate yourself with every loser on the board.  Aim higher.

• gstrohauer

Participant

You are a sad sad man……person I should say UFoJOE.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s tough to read

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, FSU and the Tallahassee PD disappeared enough evidence to insure no one ever can know of Winston’s guilt…but just as equally, we can’t know his innocence.Funny thing about this particular personality disorder...he just won't be able to have the type of fun he's come to prefer...at least, not by keeping his monster chained under his bed. Just like Jeamy Stevans - we'll all get to see this one unwind too - wonder if this one will roofie himself at a red light too, or will he have a different end? ...and, with his particular personality trait, I'll bet there are more than a few fathers of the young ladies he's "dated" that aren't really fans of his...wonder if they'll follow him around?Wonder if the Tampa PD will be as obliging as the Tally PD? I'm thinking, probably not.This kid better be S-Q-U-E-A-K-Y clean, because if not, don't get too jacked about his long career.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, FSU and the Tallahassee PD disappeared enough evidence......

Spin that yarn, homie

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, FSU and the Tallahassee PD disappeared enough evidence......

Spin that yarn, homie

y.gifI yam, as good at it as you, homes.It's like saying Winston's innocent...his own lawyers don't believe that.You like apples?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny thing about this particular personality disorder......and, with his particular personality trait

are these unmentioned disorders and traits things you made up?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny thing about this particular personality disorder......and, with his particular personality trait

are these unmentioned disorders and traits things you made up?

Well, because of some 11 months and a lot of "disappeared" evidence.. time will have to tell, won't it? One can only imagine this type of behavior to be a "mistake" if one renders what he was accused of as the moral equivalent of a "date"...if not, then yes, one would need "mentors", a PR team, and a high powered legal team on hand, 24/7. They will have to be right every time, while their subject only has to be wrong one more time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, because of some 11 months and a lot of "disappeared" evidence.. time will have to tell, won't it? One can only imagine this type of behavior to be a "mistake" if one renders what he was accused of as the moral equivalent of a "date"...if not, then yes, one would need "mentors", a PR team, and a high powered legal team on hand, 24/7. They will have to be right every time, while their subject only has to be wrong one more time.

you seemed to have the bolded part down pat!Disorders and traits are usually picked up on by doctors, protected by hipaa.  So really, are we just making stuff up?EVERY rookie in the NFL could use a mentor, and a pr team, and a legal team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

you seemed to have the bolded part down pat!Disorders and traits are usually picked up on by doctors, protected by hipaa.  So really, are we just making stuff up?EVERY rookie in the NFL could use a mentor, and a pr team, and a legal team.

Well, if one has a proclivity to a certain style of "dating" that involves hindering resistance at the expense of consent ...I don't actually have to have a hipaa form...do I?As was proven by the Jeramy Stevans incident - I'd actually just have to wait until this pervert roofies himself at a red light...or some such.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any post by White Tiger…giphy.gif

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, if one has a proclivity to a certain style of "dating" that involves hindering resistance at the expense of consent ...I don't actually have to have a hipaa form...do I?As was proven by the Jeramy Stevans incident - I'd actually just have to wait until this pervert roofies himself at a red light...or some such.

hindering resistance at the expense of consent?  That’s made up, at the allegation.  There is nothing to back it up.As for using terms like disorder or trait I would hope you took it more seriously.  Or honestly. Unless you dated winston and have first hand knowledge?

• Anonymous

Inactive

hindering resistance at the expense of consent?  That's made up, at the allegation.  There is nothing to back it up.As for using terms like disorder or trait I would hope you took it more seriously.  Or honestly.

I am absolutely serious, what - in any of my posts - would lead you to conclude otherwise? I believe anyone that could do this type of crime, can only be emboldened by being assisted in getting away with it. If true, then there is a serial nature to this type of dating. There is as much evidence supporting this belief, as there is supporting the belief that Winston is innocent.Unlike you, I can't forget what I've read, I can't make myself believe nothing happened in Tallahassee. I can't pretend this QB is a kid who just made "a couple of mistakes" - that I can't understand why so many folks are upset over young Winston's stealing of crab legs and soda, and shooting BB's at apartment windows....because those things aren't what everyone is upset over.

Unless you dated winston and have first hand knowledge?

Now you're trying to gauge the size of my umbrage?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am absolutely serious, what - in any of my posts - would lead you to conclude otherwise? I believe anyone that could do this type of crime, can only be emboldened by being assisted in getting away with it. If true, then there is a serial nature to this type of dating. There is as much evidence supporting this belief, as there is supporting the belief that Winston is innocent.Unlike you, I can't forget what I've read, I can't make myself believe nothing happened in Tallahassee. I can't pretend this QB is a kid who just made "a couple of mistakes" - that I can't understand why so many folks are upset over young Winston's stealing of crab legs and soda, and shooting BB's at apartment windows....because those things aren't what everyone is upset over.

Unless you dated winston and have first hand knowledge?

Now you're trying to gauge the size of my umbrage?

there is nothing real about this hindering resistance narrative you are running with.  There is nothing real about you diagnosing disorders or traits from your computer.  That’s why I can’t believe you are serious.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, FSU and the Tallahassee PD disappeared enough evidence to insure no one ever can know of Winston's guilt...but just as equally, we can't know his innocence.Funny thing about this particular personality disorder...he just won't be able to have the type of fun he's come to prefer...at least, not by keeping his monster chained under his bed. Just like Jeamy Stevans - we'll all get to see this one unwind too - wonder if this one will roofie himself at a red light too, or will he have a different end? ...and, with his particular personality trait, I'll bet there are more than a few fathers of the young ladies he's "dated" that aren't really fans of his...wonder if they'll follow him around?Wonder if the Tampa PD will be as obliging as the Tally PD? I'm thinking, probably not.This kid better be S-Q-U-E-A-K-Y clean, because if not, don't get too jacked about his long career.

Wait a second, I thought you said the Bucs were taking Mariotta because they were going to the spread offense . . .(yikes)

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, FSU and the Tallahassee PD disappeared enough evidence to insure no one ever can know of Winston's guilt...but just as equally, we can't know his innocence.Funny thing about this particular personality disorder...he just won't be able to have the type of fun he's come to prefer...at least, not by keeping his monster chained under his bed. Just like Jeamy Stevans - we'll all get to see this one unwind too - wonder if this one will roofie himself at a red light too, or will he have a different end? ...and, with his particular personality trait, I'll bet there are more than a few fathers of the young ladies he's "dated" that aren't really fans of his...wonder if they'll follow him around?Wonder if the Tampa PD will be as obliging as the Tally PD? I'm thinking, probably not.This kid better be S-Q-U-E-A-K-Y clean, because if not, don't get too jacked about his long career.

Wait a second, I thought you said the Bucs were taking Mariotta because they were going to the spread offense . . .(yikes)

Again, that's where I started. I figured the Bucs couldn't POSSIBLY be considering someone with such a troubling issue...not at number one overall...that the stars seemed to be aligning for a move to a more mobile offense that would benefit from an ACTAUL s-q-u-e-a-k-y clean QB who could run it and had ties to some of the coaching staff, and in fact - the Glazers had actually HIRED Chip Kelly it seemed (to me) to point to a move to spread-set...Also, and probably like everyone else, I didn't want to know any details about the off-field issues related to a QB that may not actually be part of our consideration. I'd reached "news fatigue" with all of the stories about athletes who kill people at nightclubs, knock their girlfriends out in elevators, abuse their kids, breed dogs to kill other dogs for the purpose of gambling, take PED's to enhance their ability to hurl their girlfriends down the stairs - and break bones on the football field while setting records and being rewarded with new HUGE contracts...only to suddenly be told that "...breaking news...GASP! ...these drug enhanced kids from poverty are actually MONSTERS!?"Then, as it even became obvious to me that the Bucs really were going to select Winston...I decided to read up on the allegations...at which point it became obvious to me that these were more than just childish mistakes...as the song says, one thing leads to another.Like the assistant state attorney, Georgia Cappleman, I do not necessarily believe Winston is innocent of the things for which he was not charged...That would mean that it's only a matter of time before the behavior starts again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, that's where I started. I figured the Bucs couldn't POSSIBLY be considering someone with such a troubling issue...not at number one overall...that the stars seemed to be aligning for a move to a more mobile offense that would benefit from an ACTAUL s-q-u-e-a-k-y clean QB who could run it and had ties to some of the coaching staff, and in fact - the Glazers had actually HIRED Chip Kelly it seemed (to me) to point to a move to spread-set...Also, and probably like everyone else, I didn't want to know any details about the off-field issues related to a QB that may not actually be part of our consideration. I'd reached "news fatigue" with all of the stories about athletes who kill people at nightclubs, knock their girlfriends out in elevators, abuse their kids, breed dogs to kill other dogs for the purpose of gambling, take PED's to enhance their ability to hurl their girlfriends down the stairs - and break bones on the football field while setting records and being rewarded with new HUGE contracts...only to suddenly be told that "...breaking news...GASP! ...these drug enhanced kids from poverty are actually MONSTERS!?"Then, as it even became obvious to me that the Bucs really were going to select Winston...I decided to read up on the allegations...at which point it became obvious to me that these were more than just childish mistakes...as the song says, one thing leads to another.Like the assistant state attorney, Georgia Cappleman, I do not necessarily believe Winston is innocent of the things for which he was not charged...That would mean that it's only a matter of time before the behavior starts again.

I can't believe there are still people so convinced that Winston is a rapist that they still can't move on. I read up on the case too and I came to a completely different conclusion.  It seems to me that the people on your side of the fence are the ones reaching for "proof" from dubious sources and beginning arguments with a faulty premise.  That premise usually has something to do with how the witnesses are lying because they were Winston's teammates and their scholarships were threatened or the police are hiding evidence because they are FSU fans or the prosecutor was covering up because he loves FSU football or the supreme court judge is corrupt and was paid off.  Inevitably the Winston hater begins his argument with those assumptions in mind.  Even the great hater, UFO Joe would gloss over the fact that he began his whole argument from that house of cards.  I asked him, others brought it up.  He'd give a sentence or two and rattle off three more paragraphs about why Jameis Winston was really a scumbag.  If you want to go down that road then please be logical about it.  Begin with the corruption which if the wild assumptions are true must be rampant on a scale that is almost unimaginable.  I'd be much more concerned about ANY of those assumptions being true than whether Jameis Winston is a danger to Tampa area women. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, reaching for evidence that had been there immediately after the young woman’s “date” with Winston – in one case it was on the phone of Winston’s roommate – had all “disappeared” after the state of Florida received the case 11 months later.Winston's roommates phone, and the roommate, ended up in Winston's attorney's office. Then, after the meeting, that phone and video was destroyed - like all the real, provable evidence, over the course of the next 11 months that it took for the TPD and FSU to share and meet to discuss with Winston's attorney - in order to decide what they should do to.... (one can only conclude; help Winston and FSU avoid prosecution)?The Florida state attorney said that of the many things that troubled him with this case - the fact that the TPD shared evidence with the attorney of the man who was the main focus of the crime - for 11 months before sharing it with the state's attorney office (there boss) - was unprecedented in his over 30 year career.So, see. You're wrong. Justice was not concluded, it "was disappeared" so completely, that there simply was nothing left to prosecute a case.In the end, Winston can only defend himself by saying "you can't prove it". That's a BIG difference from saying "I was proven innocent".See the difference.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are basing your opinion on unknown info.  Pretty ridiculous to take a hardline stance in that case.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are basing your opinion on unknown info.  Pretty ridiculous to take a hardline stance in that case.

Pretty ridiculous to have all the relative information around and decide not to decide on this - if you just read the NYT article (if nothing else), then you can't act like nothing happened. If you haven't read it - you're forced to draw a definitive conclusion.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty ridiculous to have all the relative information around and decide not to decide on this - if you just read the NYT article (if nothing else), then you can't act like nothing happened. If you haven't read it - you're forced to draw a definitive conclusion.

agree to disagree.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NY TIMES also had articles convicting the Duke Lacrosse team of Rape.  How accurate was that?  Your problem is you assume NY Times articles to be completely unbiased and all encompassing when in reality they leave out any discrepancy in what is essentially a "opinion" piece with only one purpose:  Create at a false narrative to sell to the ignorant masses as being the truth.  Nice to know that is where your opinion lies.Pot Bellies video record?    Casher's alleged video that is not available?  TPD cover up?So lets just imagine both video's were available....  Easily dismissed by the complainant.."Video at potbellies didn't catch Winston drugging my drink!"  Casher video that was stopped.  EK says "I yelled NO after he stopped video taping!"SEE HOW EASY THAT IS?When such BS is available, those with an ounce of Common Sense trust the professionals that actually handled the complaint.WT and ufojoe would have fit right in at the Salem Witch trials..  SAD that such ignorance is still a part of society today.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NY TIMES also had articles convicting the Duke Lacrosse team of Rape.  How accurate was that?  Your problem is you assume NY Times articles to be completely unbiased and all encompassing

No, actually, it wasn't a hit piece, it was an investigative report from a former producer of the 60 Minutes investigative television series, and a THREE time Pulitzer Prize winning journalist - which caused me to consider some really interesting questions that Winston, his publicist, his several attorney's, FSU, and the Tallahassee PD - have refused to answer - even to this day. Questions like:How come Florida state attorney Willie Meggs indicated evidence in this case had been available for 30 days after the young lady's complaint (and 11 months PRIOR to Willie Meggs getting to review the case), but was simply, and inexplicably not collected (and thereby lost) by a TPD special victims unit investigator? How can an investigator that's received special training for the SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT - with 12 years on the force - NOT think to collect integral evidence - like going to the Potbelly's and immediately asking for the video tape of the evening - and identifying who "Chris" was in this story, and how that routine bit of police work was completely ignored - while the LEAD investigator for the SEXUAL ASSAULT case - decided to investigate the accuser BEFORE tracking down the leads in the story? ...we'll leave aside (for now) the fact that this same TPD Special Victims Investigator was also a 20 year booster of the FSU football program - and therefore should NEVER have been assigned (or at the very least, recused himself) as the LEAD INVESTIGATOR.We'll also leave aside the fact that $150,000 of the total $600,000 salary for FSU's president is paid by the Seminole Boosters (a nonprofit organization, with nearly $150 million in assets, that is the primary financier of Florida State athletics).Another interesting fact brought up in the NYT article: the Tallahassee Police special investigator ended a rape investigation, after only ever questioning/interviewing the rape victim, without the rape victims consent to end the investigation.The state's attorney (Willie Meggs) found it unprecedented to have the Tallahassee police department share evidence with the legal team they were supposedly collecting evidence against - for 11 months prior to sharing those same details with their bosses across the street at the state's attorney office. In addition Mr Meggs said: A) The investigating officer never asked to see the video recording of the night in question - even though he was made aware of the locale the NIGHT of the crime, B) although identified as the main suspect, Jameis Winston has never even been questioned by the police, C) the lead investigating officer never sought to questioned a single taxi driver on duty the night of the sexual assault complaint, E) the investigating officer ended the investigation without ever questioning/interviewing Winston's roommate (Chris Casher) who had been identified the day after the event (even though he later admitted capturing a video of Winston's "date" with the alleged victim on his cell phone. Then too, there is the strange fact that after an 11 month "investigation" - the only evidence collected in this alleged rape investigation - belonged to the victim of the alleged rape.

...when in reality they leave out any discrepancy in what is essentially a "opinion" piece with only one purpose:  Create at a false narrative to sell to the ignorant masses as being the truth.  Nice to know that is where your opinion lies.

It isn't opinion when you quote the Florida State's attorney saying that the TPD's sharing information on evidence available, but not collected - with the attorney of the accused for 11 months - before getting the state attorney (whom the TPD collects evidence) involved. The state's attorney for Florida said that in his 30 plus year career, that fact was "unprecedented".

Pot Bellies video record?    Casher's alleged video that is not available?  TPD cover up?

In the past four years, the Tallahassee Police Department has been investigated by TWO grand jury's, and disciplined both times.Speaking directly to the issue of a TPD cover-up - here's the finding of one of those two Grand Jury investigations:"In March 2013, a grand jury investigating police misconduct in an unrelated matter called police supervision “careless, uncaring, cavalier and incompetent.” The grand jury said supervisory deficiencies were so deeply ingrained that the city police, which has more than 350 sworn officers, should merge with the sheriff’s department, with the sheriff assuming overall control."I'm sure the proof from the Bogdanich/McIntire follow-up piece reporting on more evidence of corruption between FSU and the Tallahassee Police Department - is partially behind your vitriol.Florida State Player Fled Crash but Got Only Traffic TicketsThis is the one where the TPD covered up the fact that PJ Williams wrecked his car (while driving on a suspended license) into another student at 2:30 in the morning (the other student was leaving work). Not only did PJ Williams cause an accident while driving on a suspended license - FLED THE SCENE. He did return sometime later. With a group of others - including players who were not involved in the accident. The TPD did not arrest PJ Williams for driving on a suspended license, nor was he arrested because he fled the scene of an accident he caused. Not only was he NOT arrested for any of these things - but when he returned to the scene about 20 to 30 minutes later - he was slurring his words - rest assured, if you've NOT heard about this - it's OK - in keeping with the special relationship between FSU athletes and the Tallahassee Police Department - PJ Williams was NOT asked to complete a field sobriety test. Unfortunately, for causing an accident, while driving dunk, on a suspended license, and fleeing the scene - PJ Williams was written 2 tickets and released - by those fascists down at the TPD - but again, he was NOT arrested.In this case, there was also video evidence that was noted by the NYT article - but not referenced in the TPD police report (neither was the fact that PJ Williams, hero of the previous National championship game, fled the scene, or that he was slurring his words when he came back)...See, what makes us NON-FSU types suspicious is: if a hit & run investigation shows corruption and collusion between FSU and the TPD...in order to protect a starting cornerback...how far would they go to protect the starting quarterback?Kinda takes the starch out of the argument that the TPD is a professional, non-biased, investigative arm of the Florida State Justice system. Because when it comes to ANY alleged wrongdoing of FSU athletes - specifically football players - the TPD has SHOWN that it will go to ANY length to protect the star athletes of FSU.

So lets just imagine both video's were available....  Easily dismissed by the complainant..

Well, as we've proven - even with the video tape of PJ Williams causing an accident, fleeing the scene - AS WELL AS THE FACT that Chris Casher ADMITTED to having feloniously recorded the "date" between Jameis Winston and the young lady who says he raped her...it certainly was easily dismissed......by the investigative body (even though that's usually the duty of a judicial or deliberative body)[hint: this isn't actually helping your argument]

"Video at potbellies didn't catch Winston drugging my drink!"  Casher video that was stopped.  EK says "I yelled NO after he stopped video taping!"SEE HOW EASY THAT IS?

To your point about how useful a video may be if it showed that no one spiked the young lady's drink...? I can fix that statement by turning it a bit - how do you know that the pertinent evidence that the TPD decided NOT to collect - may have CLEARLY SHOWN Chris Casher SPIKING THE DRINK OF THE YOUNG WOMAN THAT IS ACCUSING Jameis Winston of raping her?For all we know - the 30 (+) cameras at Potbelly's (of which the TPD did not ask for a SINGLE copy) may have shown THE YOUNG LADY WAS CLEARLY STUMBLING AS SHE WAS GETTING IN/OUT of the taxi cab with the two FSU football players - one of which she alleges raped her.Casher's admission of taping someone who said they did not give him consent - was enough to arrest him on the spot. No evidence needed. How about the fact that AFTER meeting with Winston's attorney, Casher deleted and then destroyed the phone on which he admitted filming without consent - this act might actually cause Casher and Jameis a LOT more trouble...in court, had the accused actually been charged.For a LOT of reasons - it could be reasoned that the only entities that would benefit from insuring Jamies - besides Jameis - wasn't never charged (alá PJ Williams) were the same entities that helped PJ Williams not get charged for drunk driving, hit&run, fleeing the scene - the TPD and FSU.

When such BS is available, those with an ounce of Common Sense trust the professionals that actually handled the complaint.

Do you mean the kind of common sense that makes "professionals of the TPD - who have been caught numerous times colluding with FSU to disappear evidence to benefit players (like Jameis Winston's teammate, PJ Williams, driving (drunk, allegedly), on a suspended license, smashing into a car, then fleeing the scene - only to return 20 to 30 minutes later, slurring his words - yet instead of being arrested, or put through a field sobriety test - and after careful discussion with the FSU - the next day TPD decided to issue two traffic tickets..to insure that PJ didn't miss the next game?

WT and ufojoe would have fit right in at the Salem Witch trials..  SAD that such ignorance is still a part of society today.

It's sad when a university sacrifices it's name for the sake of winning, it's sad when a university conspires with law enforcement to cover-up wrong-doing - it's especially sad to sacrifice any reputation your school had amongst the ranks of educators.I've noted that you've dedicated nearly every post for the past 6 to 8 months to defend some aspect of Jameis Winston abliity, on-field actions, off-field issues he's created, or character concerns......if you're not family - that just took sad to a whole new level.

• Anonymous

Inactive

WT – your issue seems to be with tally pd, willie meggs and some special crimes unit?There is nothing about winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

WT - your issue seems to be with tally pd, willie meggs and some special crimes unit?There is nothing about winston.

You mean, except for the fact that they colluded to cover up Winston's guilt, in order to keep him playing?Sure, yeah, all those people you named are clearly who are to be blamed for the rape of the young woman who still alleges Winston raped her.Because, fer sure the Bucs wouldn't have taken the guy they've been pining for since becoming enamored during his Heisman/National Championship if they found anything troubling...with his character....or, it could be that the Bucs looked over all the evidence, and simply decided to take Georgia Cappleman at her word...

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean, except for the fact that they colluded to cover up Winston’s guilt, in order to keep him playing?Sure, yeah, all those people you named are clearly who are to be blamed for the rape of the young woman who still alleges Winston raped her.Because, fer sure the Bucs wouldn't have taken the guy they've been pining for since becoming enamored during his Heisman/National Championship if they found anything troubling...with his character...or, it could be that the Bucs looked over all the evidence, and simply decided to take Georgia Cappleman at her word...

colluded?  I thought they just bumbled through it?  Now they are adept enough for collusion? I think it's just as easy to believe a girl gave a crummy story, then changed it, and they didn't take the case seriously.  I think if they were actually colluding, they would have gotten the videotapes to see if they help/hurt the case.  I think you are going way overboard with the cellphone filming.  People film video everyday without consent.I get it, you are ate up with the conspiracy.  But the odds are more in favor of the simpler answer.

• Anonymous

Inactive

WOW!  WT needs serious psychiatric help! imhoAfter that ridiculous diatribe by White Tiger... AKA ufojoe's willing sycophant Is this the future of White Tiger?  or ufojoe?  Doubt either will be just asking for autographs!  Wonder if Winston needs a restraining order against these two "nut jobs"?http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2015/05/31/johnny-manziel-harassment-byron-nelson-golf-tournament/28266979/

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re hilarious run (and I’m not being sincere when I say that).cool that you tried using sycophant in a sentence and everything, maybe next time you use a big word like that, you won't already be a glittering example of it...

• Anonymous

Inactive

ufo joe and White Tiger sitting in a tree'Both certifiable nut jobs not like meObsessing over a complaint that was from a gold digging turdInstead of accepting reality from everything that has occurred.david-tennant-laughing-gif-tumblr-i4.gif

• Anonymous

Inactive

ufo joe and White Tiger sitting in a tree'Both certifiable nut jobs not like meObsessing over a complaint that was from a gold digging turdInstead of accepting reality from everything that has occurred.david-tennant-laughing-gif-tumblr-i4.gif

a15dbac8b34144a49aa5aad5f37648bc.jpg

• Anonymous

Inactive

So White Tiger can we count on ufo joe and you to keep your crusade going until possibly 2017? The latest on the Civil Suit.....  If Kinsman's lawsuit against the FSU Board of Trustees is any indication, these proceedings could drag on for years. The Kinsman/FSU suit had a status hearing on May 2, 2015 where an early trial date was set for the week of August 15, 2016, and that's provided the discovery process runs smoothly and doesn't result in any delays.The scheduling order was revised on May 27, 2015 and the trial period was moved up a month to July 18, 2016.There's also still the issue of FSU's pending motion to dismiss, which was made in early March and still hasn't been ruled on.The case between Winston has yet to even receive a scheduling order as the two sides continue to jostle over venue and procedural matters. With more delays in the process seemingly inevitable, it's possible a trial may not be held until 2017.I wonder how long EK's lawyers will work on this ( contingency basis) with that type of schedule?  david-tennant-laughing-gif-tumblr-i4.gifKeep the faith little troopers!  ;)Tick Tock! Tick Tock!

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.