Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• NotDeadYet

Participant

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10991291/alex-boone-san-francisco-49ers-wants-new-contract-absent-otas

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Niners have “rich people problems”… they probably have someone to replace Boone if he doesn’t budge. Incredible depth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Niners have "rich people problems"... they probably have someone to replace Boone if he doesn't budge. Incredible depth.

Ya Brandon Thomas in 2015. They'll call his bluff imo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Niners have "rich people problems"... they probably have someone to replace Boone if he doesn't budge. Incredible depth.

Lol mo maulers mo problems. Would love him if we didnt have to trade for him. Also he plays RG, would rather we got someone with experience at LG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be a great idea to trade for him. He is only 26 and is a good guard. We need a couple of those. He is a starting OG with huge upside and is young. I would trade a 3rd round pick for him in a heartbeat. Its obvious we are never going to draft a startig caliber OG so this is really our only option to ever acquire one. Pull the trigger!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be a great idea to trade for him. He is only 26 and is a good guard. We need a couple of those. He is a starting OG with huge upside and is young. I would trade a 3rd round pick for him in a heartbeat. Its obvious we are never going to draft a startig caliber OG so this is really our only option to ever acquire one. Pull the trigger!!

Whoa whoa there Cowboy! A 3rd?? I admit I have zero personal knowledge on this dude. At this point I'm basing my opinion off the fact that the 49ers, shrewd talent evaluators that they are, have him at starting G for a reason. Which imo is a heck of an endorsement. However be that as it may, a 3rd rounder is worth its weight in gold. Maybe id do a 5th is what I'm saying, anything higher and I'd rather keep the pick and take my chances in FA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way too early to pull the trigger now. Just a situation Licht needs to be up close and personal with the 49er GM about.     The point is, he's a clear upgrade at RG, and if Nicks actually can't play, an upgrade at LG if that's where we chose to play him...     Just maybe Licht knew exactly what he was doing when he drafted higher-rated players who played other positions over lesser-rated Gs available at our draft position in rounds 2 and 3...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem with trading for players is you have to give them new contracts, too. So while it’s easy to say trade X for Boone, you need to come up with a number you both can live with for a while or else it turns into a one year rental like we just saw with Mr. No Fly Zone. I’d imagine Boone could be looking for Roger Saffold-type money, 5 years $30 million. If you don’t think that’s a fair deal, don’t trade for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On top of that, looking at the adjectives being used to describe his play, we would be lucky to get him for a 3rd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The 49ers line plays a lot like Tedford’s line did at Cal.  They aren’t really maulers as much as the are technicians.  They use force rather than strength by using angle blocking.  Here’s a couple of good write-ups on their line play, if you can ignore the “read option” and “pistol” stuff.http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/All22-A-closer-look-at-49ers-Pistol-offense.htmlhttp://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/29/3927396/super-bowl-2013-xlvii-49ers-ravens-preview-breakdown

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.