Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• FLASH

Participant

This could have been me. What do you all see there?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/Carlton-A-white-man-holding-hands-with-a-black-child-What-do-we-see-there-_171523596

Last Saturday afternoon, a man in a Tampa Bay Lightning shirt and khaki shorts waited in line at a Tampa Walmart. Beside him was a little boy wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the superheroes Captain America, Iron Man and the Hulk.

The man was white. The boy, 9, was black. He held the man’s hand as they waited to pay for their snack.

And that was enough to raise the suspicions of a woman, who was also black, in the Walmart that day.

She was concerned enough that she asked to take a picture of the boy, saying he looked like her grandson. As the pair left, she got the man’s license plate number and a description of his car.

She called 911 and described them down to the three superheroes and the color of the Hyundai.

According to the dispatcher’s notes, the woman said she thought it “suspicious” that a white man was holding hands with a black child. She said the man seemed in a hurry to get in the shortest check-out line. She said the boy kept looking around.

She said she thought the child was being kidnapped.

• TURBO

Participant

Hey FLASH, longtime no see!  No comment on your thread, just saying Hello!  I’m Back!

• FLASH

Participant

Suuuuuup Turbo? Damn! What a blast from the past. Welcome back buddy. I pop in PR now and then. Things were bad around here for a few years as you might know. Getting much better now. I don’t think there are any “bastards” left around here from the old ESPN days unless they changed their screen names. We will talk more later on for sure. The Bandit and Snowman together again!

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Can’t blame the woman for saying something about what she felt uncomfortable in seeing.

I don’t think anybody involved did anything wrong.

• FLASH

Participant

Can’t blame the woman for saying something about what she felt uncomfortable in seeing.

I don’t think anybody involved did anything wrong.

Are you sure you want to travel down that road?

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

No hesitations.

• FLASH

Participant

No hesitations.

Sorry to hear that. You must really struggle walking through shopping malls dialing 911 every 15 minutes or so.

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Shopping malls? No, not been to one in a couple of decades.

I can’t remember too many times when I’ve seen a 9 year old holding hands with anyone in any checkout line… if ever. Holding a child’s hand can be a control method as easily as it could be an affection, as this case seems to be.

• FLASH

Participant

So the boy wants to control the grown man? Did you read the article? It says in the article  the boy is the one who initiates the hand holding. Have you ever spend time with special needs children? You might want to step out from behind your curtain. Yes there is a big world out there with many different types of people who function outside the realm you prefer they stay within.

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

The woman didn’t read your article.

Try this one.

• Anonymous

Inactive

CJ, you need professional help. . . and maybe ask the trustees to take you to a shopping mall. You might like it.

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

it was a Walmart.

Where did the milk cartons with pictures of missing kids go?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shopping malls? No, not been to one in a couple of decades.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where did the milk cartons with pictures of missing kids go?

everything is a conspiracy . . even a failed, short-lived project from the 80s

Were they effective?

Not so much, said Robert Lowery, vice president of the missing children’s division at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

“The milk cartons are generally sitting at the table, and usually it’s kids sitting there. We needed to get it in front of adults,” Lowery said.

Forget FACEBook, Amber Alerts and that grocery stores are loaded with milk in plastic jugs

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

… and 80’s shopping malls…

• Anonymous

Inactive

… and 80’s shopping malls…

You see the disconnect in your won selective theories, right?

An 80s style shopping mall is so obsolete that you haven’t been to one in decades, but its a conspiracy that a failed 80s public awareness campaign no longer exists, on now uncommon paper cartons.

weird . . .

• RudeGuy

Participant

No hesitations.

Dude, the white man could have been his grandfather. You do understand that some kids are biracial? You can’t be calling 911 every time you feel a kid does not match with an adult.

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

The race shouldn’t even be an issue. The child’s safety was. What was the harm in the woman making the call? Would you want her to call is it was your grandson being kidnapped?

• RudeGuy

Participant

The race shouldn’t even be an issue. The child’s safety was. What was the harm in the woman making the call? Would you want her to call is it was your grandson being kidnapped?

Race was an issue. An older white dude was with a black boy walking hand in hand. This is why she called. They didn’t match up in her world. Why didn’t she ask how they were related when she stopped them to say how much the boy looked like her grandson? That would have been too easy. Instead call the cops. How would you feel if the cops pulled you over for walking around Walmart with your grandson of a different race? Just my observation, but people who snatch children seem to always snatch from their own race. How will this woman ever be able to save those children?

• Anonymous

Inactive

The race shouldn’t even be an issue.

the freaking irony. Mike Glennon.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Here we go again. This time it’s a black dude with two white kids. What the hell is wrong with people?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/babysitting-black-woman-calls-police-male-babysitter-white-children-195623674.html

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Because to people like Calico, it’s simply not white…err…I mean…right.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The topic ‘A white man holding hands with a black child: What do we see there?’ is closed to new replies.