Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• TBChucky

Participant

Per NFL Network.. 1 year deal up to 6.25 million with incentives. Damn.. This draft is officially wide open!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Wow 6.25 is a lot.

I read 3.1 mil. That must be base salary or guarantees.

• TBChucky

Participant

Probably.. kinda hard to complain if he hits all his incentives.. Especially as a #3.. We all know about his capabilities..

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Cut no slack, AB is BACK!!!!

And now we’re in a position to draft the BPA

• buc-in-out

Participant

WOOOOOO! It’s $3.1 base, with incentives to hit up to $6.25.. thats perfectly fine by me.

Who would have thought we’d have kept everyone… the only player we lost in FA of note, was our swing tackle and some special teamers. Crazy.

• The Freeman

Participant

Need to restructure a big contract or cut Brate to have the cap space.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Iirc tampa had something like 1 mil cap space pre AB.

We are in the negatives now. Need to restructure(jensen?) Or make cuts(brate) just to sign the draft class.

• Bucman

Participant

Could wait till post draft to rework/cut guys. Definitely could see them trading up to get rid of some draft capital

• The Freeman

Participant

draft class only cost around $1.5M in cap space, add $2.3M for AB if the incentives are NLTBE and at least $2M for in-season move… need to clear at least $5M in cap space, maybe more depending Gabbert’s price.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I think ultimately Godwin gets an back-loaded extension that will create the wiggle room we need.

• Runole

Participant

Great News! Completely open draft for BPA.

• The Freeman

Participant

• Welsh Buc

Participant

I think ultimately Godwin gets an back-loaded extension that will create the wiggle room we need.

That would be beautiful

• m_j

Participant

Need to restructure a big contract or cut Brate to have the cap space.

yepp, see no other way unless we give godwin long term deal!

• BadabingBucs

Participant

awesome. Feel much more confident as a team with him in the fold

• obuc

Participant

I am sure the incentives will only be reached if possible Evans or godwin get hurt. Maybe so many receptions, TD’s, something in the super bowl. they wont make it easy but if he gets it he will have earned it. Sounds like they went up by 1 mil but guaranteed the 2. So if he got cut somewhere they wouldnt lose quite so much. I would imagine an NFL suspension is built into it.

Either way, you can throw out any mocks that were taking receivers unless they splurge on one in the 6th or 7th.

I wonder if AB can return punts and kicks?

• buc_boi

Participant

As if there was ever any doubt, my uncle clearly knows what he’s doing by now. 😉

• Biggs3535

Participant

Nobody wants to admit it but the Bucs have a serious issue in the next 2 months.

I’ve been reading this same boy-who-cries-wolf stuff from you for six years. Maybe this will be the year you’re finally right.

Do the math and get back to me

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/cap/2021/

Has anybody had a chance to “do the math” yet?

• Roy

Participant

Yes it would seem another shoe is going to fall in regards to how to get ABs $6 mil under the cap. They say its a one year deal, so even incentives count against the cap. Could be a Godwin extension, or reworking Jensen or Brate. They have to do something don’t they?

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Draft strategy is officially wide open. BAP all the way.

Build the trenches!

• obuc

Participant

i think they can push the incentives till next year and assume he might not hit them but contract details arent out yet.

• The Freeman

Participant

with AB playing only half a season last year the incentives for yards, TDs or playing times should be NLTBE so you can push it on next year cap.

• The Freeman

Participant

• mjs020294

Participant

The Bucs have done an amazing job of restructuring and retaining everyone. To win a SB had bring everyone back is pretty much unheard of in the cap era.

• buc_boi

Participant

Best GM in the league

• BucBalla85

Participant

Brate restructured too nice!

• Roy

Participant

i think they can push the incentives till next year and assume he might not hit them but contract details arent out yet.

You can’t push any of ABs money into next year unless he’s under contract next year, and its being reported as a one year contract. But good to see they worked out something with Brate.

• m_j

Participant

thanks cam, you’re great! hope you get your money in next two years!!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Props to Cam for taking another restructure to keep the band together.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Am I going to have to get a Brate jersey?

If they win the super bowl I will.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

AB signing is great news

You know Brady is really happy about this signing.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• parnelldickinson

Participant

Great signing provided his personal problems are somewhat resolved. AB is just not good, he is elite!! His stats for his whole career are unsurpassed . From 2011(his 2nd year) thru 2018, that 8 year run is better than I believe any receiver in nfl history..jerry rice, calvin johnson, etc. Check the stats on his receptions and yards per season over 8 year period. His #s are the best ever!You may not like him, but he is possibly still near elite and in no way should be compared to the receivers, outside of the greatest ones of all time. This is fact.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.