Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

Antonio Brown settles with sexual assault accuser

Per espn

• seekpar

Participant

It’s about damn time he settled down…

• BadabingBucs

Participant

that’s great. that might be what was holding up Bucs giving him an actual offer.

Would love to have him back.

EDIT – by actual, i mean like $5M. Giving him $1,2M was a joke.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I think this means more teams might be interested in him now, maybe we lose him to a team offering more money.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Would be interesting to see if any other suitors pop up now. Chiefs missed out on JuJu. And cry baby Russ still wants him

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Good news.

Tampa wont increase their offer, tho.

Only have $1 mil available at the moment. Cant even afford to sign their draft class as is. Not even their first round pick.

Waiting on AB. Likely won’t sign til after the draft at this point would be my guess.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Bringing AB into the fold BEFORE the draft would be amazing.

Bucs can go BAP in rounds 1-7.

Build the trenches!

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Good news.

Tampa wont increase their offer, tho.

Only have $1 mil available at the moment. Cant even afford to sign their draft class as is. Not even their first round pick.

Waiting on AB. Likely won’t sign til after the draft at this point would be my guess.

They have been using signing bonuses and voidable years to help structure contracts.

They will need about $7 million or so to sign the draft class, say another few million for AB. They need to give him a deal of at least what DeSean Jackson and Keenan Cole got ($5M). The dude was a big part of our success last year in the playoffs. He isn’t a must have but imagine having 3 #1 WRs. It’s a no brainer.

Look for them to extend Godwin or JPP to create cap room
      I also expect them to look at restructuring Brate’s contract

That should get the draft class, Gabbert, and Brown under contract; again with the voidable year magic.

• The Freeman

Participant

Licht don’t need $7M to sign the draft class… will cost around $1.7M in cap space.
        add the $2-3M needed for in-season move and the current cap number ($850K in cap space), Licht have to clear at least $3M without AB and Gabbert.
        + signing rookie can wait 2-3 month.
        probably working on an extension or restructure another big contract in the next two month… unlikely but worst case you can cut Brate.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I hope they bring him back. You only live once. Dude is acclimated and talented.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.