Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 66 reply threads

• Author

• HoistTheFlag

Participant

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good news. Hopefully we can get a second.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good job misrepresenting what was said. All Koetter is really saying here is that he likes Mike Glennon but he has Ryan Griffin just in case an enticing offer is made.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koetter no talk-um coachspeak

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, or he would have said Glennon is the QB of the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good job misrepresenting what was said. All Koetter is really saying here is that he likes Mike Glennon but he has Ryan Griffin just in case an enticing offer is made.

Exactly

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was going to reply with just a part of this quote, just to drive your point home, but when I searched for the actual quote, I can't help but paste this entire section:http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/07/lovie-smith-darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneersLOVIE SMITH WANTS DARRELLE REVIS ON HIS ROSTER. Talked to the new Buccaneers coach for my podcast this week (it will be up late Tuesday), and he tried to educate me about the real way football is played today. I said to him with so many three- and four-wide formations in the pro game now (most teams are playing three-plus wides more than half the snaps), it makes no sense to me to run off Revis, who is set to make a non-guaranteed $16 million in 2014 if the Bucs keep him. Smith agreed. I am glad to hear he doesn’t care if it means Revis will make 13 percent of the cap in 2014—you don’t discard great cover guys in modern football. “We’re trying to get as many good players as possible to win football games,’’ Smith said. “Any coach around would want a Darrelle Revis to be on his roster. We don’t play Cover 2 each snap. There’s a place for a good cover corner. I can’t wait to sit down with Darrelle and talk to him about his game and just kind of see as we go forward how we’re going to do this and win a lot of football games together. That’s all that’s on my mind right now. All those things work themselves out, but you’re right—the game is now more about three receivers on. And yeah, I’ve never been in a situation where we’ve had too many good corners.” Sound like a guy who wants to cut or trade Revis? I think not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was going to reply with just a part of this quote, just to drive your point home, but when I searched for the actual quote, I can't help but paste this entire section:http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/07/lovie-smith-darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneersLOVIE SMITH WANTS DARRELLE REVIS ON HIS ROSTER. Talked to the new Buccaneers coach for my podcast this week (it will be up late Tuesday), and he tried to educate me about the real way football is played today. I said to him with so many three- and four-wide formations in the pro game now (most teams are playing three-plus wides more than half the snaps), it makes no sense to me to run off Revis, who is set to make a non-guaranteed $16 million in 2014 if the Bucs keep him. Smith agreed. I am glad to hear he doesn’t care if it means Revis will make 13 percent of the cap in 2014—you don’t discard great cover guys in modern football. “We’re trying to get as many good players as possible to win football games,’’ Smith said. “Any coach around would want a Darrelle Revis to be on his roster. We don’t play Cover 2 each snap. There’s a place for a good cover corner. I can’t wait to sit down with Darrelle and talk to him about his game and just kind of see as we go forward how we’re going to do this and win a lot of football games together. That’s all that’s on my mind right now. All those things work themselves out, but you’re right—the game is now more about three receivers on. And yeah, I’ve never been in a situation where we’ve had too many good corners.” Sound like a guy who wants to cut or trade Revis? I think not.

lol

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

He’s also a little scared of losing Glennon, which is understandable from a coaches perspective, but surely Licht at this stage must cash in on the best offer so he gets a return on a player that’s going to walk next off season? Unless of course Glennon is happy on the bench and holding a clip board!

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

I’d hate to lose this kid.  He is a starter on half the teams in this league.  We need to maximize his value here.  I would be asking for a 1st and 2nd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's also a little scared of losing Glennon, which is understandable from a coaches perspective, but surely Licht at this stage must cash in on the best offer so he gets a return on a player that's going to walk next off season? Unless of course Glennon is happy on the bench and holding a clip board!

He wants to start. I'm 100% sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd hate to lose this kid.  He is a starter on half the teams in this league.  We need to maximize his value here.  I would be asking for a 1st and 2nd.

Half?

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I'd hate to lose this kid.  He is a starter on half the teams in this league.  We need to maximize his value here.  I would be asking for a 1st and 2nd.

Half?

I don't really see that many landing spots for him. I would think that viable teams would be:DenverNew York JetsBuffalo BillsLos Angeles RamsAnd to a lesser degree:Cleveland BrownsPhiladelphia EaglesSan Francisco 49ers(The last three would be due to losing current players, or other deals not going through. )One could also imagine him in Dallas, but only as a Romo insurance policy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A couple of weeks ago in another thread, someone scoffed when I suggested that Glennon would most likely have to be re-signed in order to trade him for any draft pick of  great value, i.e, a 2nd rounder. Since then, we’ve heard rumors of the Bucs attempting to re-sign him.  Either re-signed by the Bucs then traded, or a trade contingent on a new contract.  Glennon holds all the cards now.  A team might part with a 3rd or 4th for one year of Glennon, but anything higher will require a new contract, which means Glennon can accept/reject the team/situation.  He wants out of here yesterday, but he can wait one more year if necessary.  Just my opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We acquired Ryan last year, so either this is the slowest trade negotiation ever, or somenone is seeing too much into that statement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jets offered $7m a year to Fitzpatrick who they know isn’t the long-term answer. Their cap situation is very tight. So a Wilkerson/Glennon deal makes sense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jets offered $7m a year to Fitzpatrick who they know isn't the long-term answer. Their cap situation is very tight. So a Wilkerson/Glennon deal makes sense.

LoL...The Jets would be insane to make that deal...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jets offered $7m a year to Fitzpatrick who they know isn't the long-term answer. Their cap situation is very tight. So a Wilkerson/Glennon deal makes sense.

No I don’t mean 1-for1. We would have to add a pick or two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plan AI think the real target in this is ARI.I would take 29 straight up for Glennon. Even give them back a day three pick this year/day two pick next year.  He's a good fit for their offense. And there is a Licht connection.Plan B - Alternatively - Ari will wait to see who is on the board at 29...  if no QB, then Arizona's third and one of their fifth's this year for Glennon.  (So we could package and trade back up into the second  for a  DT/DE/CB/WR.)/Glennon trade pie-in-the-sky dream sequence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plan AI think the real target in this is ARI.I would take 29 straight up for Glennon. Even give them back a day three pick this year/day two pick next year.  He's a good fit for their offense. And there is a Licht connection.Plan B - Alternatively - Ari will wait to see who is on the board at 29...  if no QB, then Arizona's third and one of their fifth's this year for Glennon.  (So we could package and trade back up into the second  for a  DT/DE/CB/WR.)/Glennon trade pie-in-the-sky dream sequence.

Arizona is a logical choice.  Even though I personally think Glennon's worth pick 29, that seems higher than the going rate and the Cards are without a 2nd round.  Hope your trade idea works, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the teams?...lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No I don't mean 1-for1. We would have to add a pick or two.

Then the Bucs would be insane...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the teams?...lol

Hmmmmm....He'd be an upgrade over the following:Goff, Wentz in their first yearRGIII in ClevelandQBs on the roster in DenverGabbert in SF......I don't think Kap is there at the beginning of the yearCousins in WASHQBs on the Jets rosterBradford in Philly (considering both are healthy, I think Glennon is on par but much better value)Any QB on the Houston rosterAny QB on the Rams rosterBridgewater in MINNProbably a wash with Cutler in Chicago due to his injury historyRoughly a third of the teams out there would probably be better (value considered) off with Glennon. When you consider that guys like Brees and Palmer won't be around much longer, that widens the aperture a bit. I'm not saying Glennon is worth a first rounder but I think there is a market for him out there. I fully believe that there is no way he signs an extension here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on his comments, I think it’s fairly obvious that Licht really would prefer to extend Glennon as insurance in case they lose Jameis for whatever reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Makes sense, Palmer is so fragile at this point. And even when he can stay upright, he fades in the playoffs. Other than that they have a nice team, well coached.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the teams?...lol

Hmmmmm....He'd be an upgrade over the following:Goff, Wentz in their first yearRGIII in ClevelandQBs on the roster in DenverGabbert in SF......I don't think Kap is there at the beginning of the yearCousins in WASHQBs on the Jets rosterBradford in Philly (considering both are healthy, I think Glennon is on par but much better value)Any QB on the Houston rosterAny QB on the Rams rosterBridgewater in MINNProbably a wash with Cutler in Chicago due to his injury historyRoughly a third of the teams out there would probably be better (value considered) off with Glennon. When you consider that guys like Brees and Palmer won't be around much longer, that widens the aperture a bit. I'm not saying Glennon is worth a first rounder but I think there is a market for him out there. I fully believe that there is no way he signs an extension here.

highlighted..... Also, though I don't see him being Traded to the Browns, 49ers or Cards due to the following Wentz/RGIII, Goff, Palmer/Henson just re-signed....I really could see the Jets, Rams (But, I think Fisher is clueless and their GM wont TRADE they really don't want to Win until they have their Stadium built in LA) and my Dark Horse team that may just do that due to them being in CAP Hell = The DENVER BRONCO'S!!! Denver has to get under 16.6M under the CAP to Draft this Year and have OKung sign his Contract! They need to Trade/release the following! Clady + Ward  will get them to somewhere around 12.8M that will only get them to be around 800K under the CAP post DRAFT! They may have to move someone else like Sanders that would get them to around 3.6M under the CAP post DRAFT!And BTW, they have to be UNDER the CAP by 6.6M the DAY BEFORE they ENTER into the DRAFT or they Don't DRAFT!!!!! Year         Total Liabilities   Salary Cap (Projected)       Cap Room2016 $151,884,745     $153,533,441               $1,648,696They have 10 picks this year including COMPENSATORY PICKS they need 6.6M just for the DRAFT!Denver's #1 and Sanders + 3rd Round Compensatory Pick = the Equivalent so they can field an entire DRAFT for 2016 = 6.7M in CAP SPACE for Denver..... They would then need $$$ For Glennon or any QB they bring in! So, they would include Ward for a 2017 3rd rounder!Denver Trades:2016 #1  = - 1.5MWR Emmanuel Sanders = - 5.6MS TJ Ward = - 3.25MPick #98 3rd round COMP Pick = - 610Kfor Mike Glennon= + 1.6M2016 Pick #183 6th Rounder = + 485K2017 3rd rounder #80's = + 655K in 2017....In this scenario Denver gets to complete their Draft in 2016 and get Glennon as their QB of the future! And it allows Denver to deal with Clady post draft!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the teams?...lol

highlighted..... Also, though I don't see him being Traded to the Browns, 49ers or Cards due to the following Wentz/RGIII, Goff, Palmer/Henson just re-signed....I really could see the Jets, Rams (But, I think Fisher is clueless and their GM wont TRADE they really don't want to Win until they have their Stadium built in LA) and my Dark Horse team that may just do that due to them being in CAP Hell = The DENVER BRONCO'S!!! Denver has to get under 16.6M under the CAP to Draft this Year and have OKung sign his Contract! They need to Trade/release the following! Clady + Ward  will get them to somewhere around 12.8M that will only get them to be around 800K under the CAP post DRAFT! They may have to move someone else like Sanders that would get them to around 5.6M under the CAP post DRAFT!And BTW, they have to be UNDER the CAP by 6.6M the DAY BEFORE they ENTER into the DRAFT or they Don't DRAFT!!!!! Year         Total Liabilities   Salary Cap (Projected)       Cap Room2016 $151,884,745     $153,533,441               $1,648,696They have 10 picks this year including COMPENSATORY PICKS they need 6.6M just for the DRAFT!Denver's #1 and Sanders + 3rd Round Compensatory Pick = the Equivalent so they can field an entire DRAFT for 2016 = 6.7M in CAP SPACE for Denver..... They would then need $$$ For Glennon or any QB they bring in! So, they would include Ward for a 2017 3rd rounder!Denver Trades:2016 #1  = - 1.5MWR Emmanuel Sanders = - 5.6MS TJ Ward = - 3.25MPick #98 3rd round COMP Pick = - 610Kfor Mike Glennon= + 1.6M2016 Pick #183 6th Rounder = + 485K2017 3rd rounder #80's = + 655K in 2017....In this scenario Denver gets to complete their Draft in 2016 and get Glennon as their QB of the future! And it allows Denver to deal with Clady post draft!

A simpler version. Clady for Glennon straight up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the teams?...lol

highlighted..... Also, though I don't see him being Traded to the Browns, 49ers or Cards due to the following Wentz/RGIII, Goff, Palmer/Henson just re-signed....I really could see the Jets, Rams (But, I think Fisher is clueless and their GM wont TRADE they really don't want to Win until they have their Stadium built in LA) and my Dark Horse team that may just do that due to them being in CAP Hell = The DENVER BRONCO'S!!! Denver has to get under 16.6M under the CAP to Draft this Year and have OKung sign his Contract! They need to Trade/release the following! Clady + Ward  will get them to somewhere around 12.8M that will only get them to be around 800K under the CAP post DRAFT! They may have to move someone else like Sanders that would get them to around 5.6M under the CAP post DRAFT!And BTW, they have to be UNDER the CAP by 6.6M the DAY BEFORE they ENTER into the DRAFT or they Don't DRAFT!!!!! Year         Total Liabilities   Salary Cap (Projected)       Cap Room2016 $151,884,745     $153,533,441               $1,648,696They have 10 picks this year including COMPENSATORY PICKS they need 6.6M just for the DRAFT!Denver's #1 and Sanders + 3rd Round Compensatory Pick = the Equivalent so they can field an entire DRAFT for 2016 = 6.7M in CAP SPACE for Denver..... They would then need $$$ For Glennon or any QB they bring in! So, they would include Ward for a 2017 3rd rounder!Denver Trades:2016 #1  = - 1.5MWR Emmanuel Sanders = - 5.6MS TJ Ward = - 3.25MPick #98 3rd round COMP Pick = - 610Kfor Mike Glennon= + 1.6M2016 Pick #183 6th Rounder = + 485K2017 3rd rounder #80's = + 655K in 2017....In this scenario Denver gets to complete their Draft in 2016 and get Glennon as their QB of the future! And it allows Denver to deal with Clady post draft!

That doesn't work for Denver due to Dead $$$ under the 2016 Contract even after trading Clady this year they will still have 1.2M on the Books in DEAD CAP SPACE in 2016 just for Clady! Denver has 7.2M in DEAD CAP SPACE NOW!CLADY is a poison pill for them and ANYONE who TRADES for him in 2016! He's going to be released or restructured which will cost Denver more $$$ longer than 2017 where his Cap against is 600K.So, in your scenario 6.6 + 3.2 = 10.3M  Clady's value is 8.9M  10.3M - 8.9M = 1.3 which is where they are now! They CAN'T DRAFT!

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Half the teams?...lol

With our positional needs, I'd do that. Also, in my previous list, I forgot about Arizona. Glennon would probably be good with taking the reins from someone in a year or so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That doesn't work for Denver due to Dead $$$ under the 2016 Contract even after trading Clady this year they will still have 1.2M on the Books in DEAD CAP SPACE in 2016!CLADY is a poison pill for them and ANYONE who TRADES for him in 2016! He's going to be released or restructured which will cost Denver more $$$ longer than 2017 where his Cap against is 600K.

The trade is contingent on both players agreeing to new contracts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the teams?...lol

With our positional needs, I'd do that. Also, in my previous list, I forgot about Arizona. Glennon would probably be good with taking the reins from someone in a year or so.

Can't do a Clady for Glennon straight up that would place 1.2M to Denver in DEAD CAP SPACE + the 7.2M they have they would still have to trade another person to us.... And then clear an additional 6.6M for the DRAFT!Then they could re-sign Glennon to a new deal and deal with Clady at the same time... Either restructure or release.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That doesn't work for Denver due to Dead $$$ under the 2016 Contract even after trading Clady this year they will still have 1.2M on the Books in DEAD CAP SPACE in 2016!CLADY is a poison pill for them and ANYONE who TRADES for him in 2016! He's going to be released or restructured which will cost Denver more $$$ longer than 2017 where his Cap against is 600K.

Why would WE restructure CLADY at that point he will be off the books in 2017!  ????DEAD CAP SPACE in  2016 = 1.2MDEAD CAP SPACE in  2017 = 600KWhy would you want to continue to pay him post 2017 if you were the BUCS. By restructuring his current contract?....Goes against everything LICHT does in DEAD CAP SPACE / Guaranteed contracts!In my scenario both TEAMS get what they need in the original TRADE!Also, the Glennon would COST MORE $$$......... Denver still couldn't walk into the DRAFT ROOM!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why would WE restructure CLADY at that point he will be off the books in 2017!  ????DEAD CAP SPACE in  2016 = 1.2MDEAD CAP SPACE in  2017 = 600KWhy would you want to continue to pay him post 2017 if you were the BUCS?....Goes against everything LICHT does in DEAD CAP SPACE / Guaranteed contracts!In my scenario both TEAMS get what they need in the original TRADE!

To ensure he is here long term? Dude is only 29, and has been in the Pro Bowl just about every season. I am too tired to look it up.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Half the teams?...lol

While those are very good points, (btw, I agree that half the teams is a stretch,) my thoughts are these:Goff, Wentz in their first yearRGIII in ClevelandThe RGIII / Cleveland draft pick sounds pretty sound. Jackson is sold on RGIII. I can't see Glennon being an upgrade there. QBs on the roster in DenverAbsolutely spit on with Denver. I'd even go as far as saying that Kubiak and Company could do better with Glennon even over a Kap trade. Gabbert in SF......I don't think Kap is there at the beginning of the yearSF is a bit of a question. It stems with Jap leaving; however, paired with Gabbert and the Chipster coaching, I can see it. My question there would be if Hlennon would fit the Chipmunk's idea of a QB. Cousins in WASHCousins in DC, as much as I can't stand Coysins, I can't see that happening. After Cousins roller coaster season that put the Redskins in the playoffs, Gruden won't move off of Cousins this season, despite my dislike for keeping him. :)QBs on the Jets rosterJets, I agree, are another good landing spot. The only contention there is them giving up their h@rd-on for Fitzpatrick, and not trying to grab McCown from the Browns. (Wouldn't that be fun if Glennon was dissed, yet again, for McCown? :) )Bradford in Philly (considering both are healthy, I think Glennon is on par but much better value)Philly is iffy. Bradford seems to be their guy, but who ever really knows with Philly?Any QB on the Houston rosterMah, Houston has sold the farm for Osweiler. He needs to tank before they start shopping. (I can see them picking up the Ornn State dude if he is available in the lower rounds. )Any QB on the Rams rosterDefinitely agree there. Bridgewater in MINNNah, Minnesota is sold on Bridgewater. I don't see the Statue as an upgrade there. Probably a wash with Cutler in Chicago due to his injury history. I could actually see this, but would Glennon want to sit for more than one season? At least in Arizona, he could take over much sooner. Just my 2¢. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why would WE restructure CLADY at that point he will be off the books in 2017!  ????DEAD CAP SPACE in  2016 = 1.2MDEAD CAP SPACE in  2017 = 600KWhy would you want to continue to pay him post 2017 if you were the BUCS?....Goes against everything LICHT does in DEAD CAP SPACE / Guaranteed contracts!In my scenario both TEAMS get what they need in the original TRADE!

To ensure he is here long term? Dude is only 29, and has been in the Pro Bowl just about every season. I am too tired to look it up.

So, he is 2 years younger than Dotson and approx. 8.5M more expensive?...... Dot can play! resign him to a 2-3 year deal for a total of 8-9M =  done! And DRAFT his replacement in OT Le'Raven Clark with the Denver #1 pick or Tampa's #2~

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, he is 2 years younger than Dotson and approx. 8.5M more expensive?...... Dot can play! resign him to a 2-3 year deal for a total of 8-9M done!

And that is probably what is going to happen. Clady already said he is willing to restructure to stay a Bronco. And Elway would be stupid to let him go. He will cut other players to keep Ryan. But I like throwing that trade idea around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, he is 2 years younger than Dotson and approx. 8.5M more expensive?...... Dot can play! resign him to a 2-3 year deal for a total of 8-9M done!

And that is probably what is going to happen. Clady already said he is willing to restructure to stay a Bronco. And Elway would be stupid to let him go. He will cut other players to keep Ryan. But I like throwing that trade idea around.

But, he wouldn't restructure to leave the Bronco's?..... Plus, Glennon would not sign for less than his 1.2M contract!Your scenario doesn't work man sorry Anti- Java!

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

So, he is 2 years younger than Dotson and approx. 8.5M more expensive?...... Dot can play! resign him to a 2-3 year deal for a total of 8-9M =  done! And DRAFT his replacement in OT Le'Raven Clark with the Denver #1 pick or Tampa's #2~

I agree that Denver would have issue with dead money / adding players into the mix for a trade. I can't really take Dotson seriously though. In my opinion, he isn't even a viable backup on most teams. I really hope home and EDS are gone at the start of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the teams?...lol

While those are very good points, (btw, I agree that half the teams is a stretch,) my thoughts are these:Goff, Wentz in their first yearRGIII in ClevelandThe RGIII / Cleveland draft pick sounds pretty sound. Jackson is sold on RGIII. I can't see Glennon being an upgrade there. QBs on the roster in DenverAbsolutely spit on with Denver. I'd even go as far as saying that Kubiak and Company could do better with Glennon even over a Kap trade. Gabbert in SF......I don't think Kap is there at the beginning of the yearSF is a bit of a question. It stems with Jap leaving; however, paired with Gabbert and the Chipster coaching, I can see it. My question there would be if Hlennon would fit the Chipmunk's idea of a QB. Cousins in WASHCousins in DC, as much as I can't stand Coysins, I can't see that happening. After Cousins roller coaster season that put the Redskins in the playoffs, Gruden won't move off of Cousins this season, despite my dislike for keeping him. :)QBs on the Jets rosterJets, I agree, are another good landing spot. The only contention there is them giving up their h@rd-on for Fitzpatrick, and not trying to grab McCown from the Browns. (Wouldn't that be fun if Glennon was dissed, yet again, for McCown? :) )Bradford in Philly (considering both are healthy, I think Glennon is on par but much better value)Philly is iffy. Bradford seems to be their guy, but who ever really knows with Philly?Any QB on the Houston rosterMah, Houston has sold the farm for Osweiler. He needs to tank before they start shopping. (I can see them picking up the Ornn State dude if he is available in the lower rounds. )Any QB on the Rams rosterDefinitely agree there. Bridgewater in MINNNah, Minnesota is sold on Bridgewater. I don't see the Statue as an upgrade there. Probably a wash with Cutler in Chicago due to his injury history. I could actually see this, but would Glennon want to sit for more than one season? At least in Arizona, he could take over much sooner. Just my 2¢. :)

DC,Wasn't saying that those teams would make a play for Glennon; only that he would at least be a debatable upgrade to what they have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s an interesting lost. The post actually shows how small the market is for Glennon. Also, not many giving up a 1st or even a 2nd for a QB that is only a “debatable” upgrade. Even less because he’s a better “value” NFL teams look for talent at QB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Glennon, I think he can be a good starter for some team in the league, but I don’t think teams are lining up for him with only 1 year left before he goes to free agency. My thoughts are if he’s traded it’ll be during the draft (possibly 1 current pick, 1 future pick) or during training camp when either a starter goes down or a team doesn’t like the quarterbacks on their roster after seeing them play a couple of preseason games especially if Glennon does look good in the preseason. I also still think Dallas is a possibility if they don't go for a quarterback in round 1 or 2. At least I think they will offer a trade, we just might not take it but Glennon would be a really good fit as heir apparent for Romo there. Dallas should have traded for him last season.Anyway, I'm thinking it's still about 40-60 that we trade Glennon this season. Licht is going to get better than a 3rd or he'll just plan on keeping him and that's what I'd do as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ESPN’s take on best available quarterbacks: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/200826/after-rg3-signing-here-are-the-best-available-quarterbacksGlennon is rated #3 behind Fitz and Kap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's an interesting lost. The post actually shows how small the market is for Glennon. Also, not many giving up a 1st or even a 2nd for a QB that is only a "debatable" upgrade. Even less because he's a better "value" NFL teams look for talent at QB

All it takes is one team in desperate need for a QB. Plus, if Glennon is "as good" as your guy, at a fraction of the cost, you don't think that would be a factor?

Please wait…

• CadillacPower24_2006

Participant

http://www.inquisitr.com/2925022/nfl-rumors-josh-mccown-leaving-cleveland-browns-for-new-york-jets/Would McGown to Jets ruin our trade possibility with Jets?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's an interesting lost. The post actually shows how small the market is for Glennon. Also, not many giving up a 1st or even a 2nd for a QB that is only a "debatable" upgrade. Even less because he's a better "value" NFL teams look for talent at QB

All it takes is one team in desperate need for a QB. Plus, if Glennon is "as good" as your guy, at a fraction of the cost, you don't think that would be a factor?

I guess that would be "a" factor but QB is the one position where you don't often here people talking about "value" and "value" isn't often mixed with 1st and 2nd round picks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2016/03/25/the-way-we-hear-it-rg3-and-cleveland-browns-a-good-fit/ajq5xzb/By ARTHUR ARKUSH -- aarkush@profootballweekly.comPublished: March 25, 2016 — 1:16 p.m."According to one pro scouting director, Cleveland, believe it or not, was the best possible landing spot for the former No. 2 overall pick. We hear being pairing with Hue Jackson gives RG3 a coach who'll hold him accountable, first and foremost, but also one smart enough to maximize his strengths, rather than try and show the rest of the NFL how smart he is."[...] "Aside from Kaepernick, a two career journeymen in Ryan Fitzpatrick (free agent) and Josh McCown (trade bait) are often mentioned as the next-best options, but we're told neither of them is as attractive as a 26-year-old stuck behind last year's top pick."[Buccaneers QB Mike Glennon] is a sleeper," the source said.Glennon has 18 career starts and a 29:15 touchdown-to-interception ratio. His 83.7 passer rating is nearly three points higher than Fitzpatrick's and more than five points higher than McCown's. Moreover, unlike those two, the 6-foot-6 passer with above average arm strength has the potential to be more than a bridge starter."

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

The game tape doesn’t lie.  Glennon can play, plus he has those tangibles we look for when evaluating film.  I hope they do not trade this kid but if they do they need to maximize the return on investment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The game tape doesn't lie.  Glennon can play, plus he has those tangibles we look for when evaluating film.  I hope they do not trade this kid but if they do they need to maximize the return on investment.

If the Bucs can get value for Glennon, then it would be wasteful NOT to trade him as we are sure to lose him at the end of this season and won't get the comp pick until 2018 (which will be offset by FA signings). Key word is value. We have a 3rd round pick and several years of coaching invested in Mike. He's put up decent tape and has a good number of starts under his belt. A lot of teams can do worse at quarterback. I think Licht wants a high 2nd or low 1st for him, for a 3, he'll just keep him unless someone he really likes falls into the third on draft day that he feels will be worth the gamble. Still think it's a 40% chance that he's traded. I see Denver as our best bet as I think Fitz ultimately crawls back to the Jets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe the talk of extending Glennon is a strategic move meant to drive his value upwards for those teams who may planning to target him as an FA next year…he gone IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe the talk of extending Glennon is a strategic move meant to drive his value upwards for those teams who may planning to target him as an FA next year...he gone IMO

After the Oswieler and Cousins contracts, Glennon is history after this season. Either trade him now or take the compensatory pick in 17.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe the talk of extending Glennon is a strategic move meant to drive his value upwards for those teams who may planning to target him as an FA next year...he gone IMO

After the Oswieler and Cousins contracts, Glennon is history after this season. Either trade him now or take the compensatory pick in 17.

I'd be surprised if he's on the roster come September

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Key word is value. We have a 3rd round pick and several years of coaching invested in Mike. He's put up decent tape and has a good number of starts under his belt. A lot of teams can do worse at quarterback. I think Licht wants a high 2nd or low 1st for him, for a 3, he'll just keep him unless someone he really likes falls into the third on draft day that he feels will be worth the gamble.

A 3rd is likely the best the Bucs are going to do and they should take it and run with it. The value of a backup QB for one season is worth less than the potential of a third round pick in my view.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we’ll trade Glennon close to the draft or during the draft on the second day. Especially if the Jets situation with Fitzpatrick doesn’t improve, I think we’ll get their second.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we'll trade Glennon close to the draft or during the draft on the second day. Especially if the Jets situation with Fitzpatrick doesn't improve, I think we'll get their second.

Agree. Teams seem to have cooled on Kap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we'll trade Glennon close to the draft or during the draft on the second day. Especially if the Jets situation with Fitzpatrick doesn't improve, I think we'll get their second.

A second would be a great deal for the Jets. I was checking out their board last week and their fans seem to like Mike. He would be the best QB they have had in a very long time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A second would be a great deal for the Jets. I was checking out their board last week and their fans seem to like Mike. He would be the best QB they have had in a very long time.

All his income would go to living expenses. I think the best landing spot for him would be Zona.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All his income would go to living expenses. I think the best landing spot for him would be Zona.

I'm sure he will be fine making 7-9 mil per, AJ.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That will get you a broom closet condo in the big apple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Half the teams?...lol

:D ;) :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

....or a farm in NJ where he is much more likely to reside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it would be smart to trade him to Denver.  they must be a bit concerned about not having a QB.  I’d take their 2nd for him.  we could probably get that because they’re desperate.if we trade back in the first we could get another 2nd round pick.  that would be a nice haul of early picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A farm? Mike and Jess enjoy the finer things in life, so to speak.18856462350_44c53eee54.jpgglennon by anti java, on FlickrBanks is more of the farm type guy.25990715281_fb2ce9d060_z.jpgjon banks1 by anti java, on Flickr

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it would be smart to trade him to Denver.  they must be a bit concerned about not having a QB.  I'd take their 2nd for him.  we could probably get that because they're desperate.if we trade back in the first we could get another 2nd round pick.  that would be a nice haul of early picks.

Have to be offered the 2nd in order to take it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A farm? Mike and Jess enjoy the finer things in life, so to speak.18856462350_44c53eee54.jpgglennon by anti java, on Flickr

OK. How about a hotel in Menlo Park?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A farm? Mike and Jess enjoy the finer things in life, so to speak.18856462350_44c53eee54.jpgglennon by anti java, on FlickrBanks is more of the farm type guy.25990715281_fb2ce9d060_z.jpgjon banks1 by anti java, on Flickr

..Is banks giving a nod to City slickers??Love me some banks, but that hat~ gotta go.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Half the teams?...lol

DC,Wasn't saying that those teams would make a play for Glennon; only that he would at least be a debatable upgrade to what they have.

Can't argue with you there. There are a number of teams that Glennon could improve over their existing QB. The thing that I am anxious to see, between now and the draft, is if there will be any legit trade offers leading up until the first team goes on the clock. Gonna be fun. :)

Please wait…

Viewing 66 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.