Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Buccaneers introduce tablets to NFL sidelines By Sander Philipse?@Sanderrp Jun 17 2014, 8:18pmtablet_zps34cdad73.pngKim Klement-USA TODAY Sports Lovie Smith and company are embracing technology, once again turning the Tampa Bay Buccaneers into tech pioneers in the NFL.The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are switching to Microsoft Surface tablets for their game-day, sideline sheets, according to the Tampa Bay Business Journal That makes the Buccaneers once again one of the first teams to introduce a new technology, after being the first team to use iPads to replace physical playbooks in 2011. Amusingly, the Bucs actually removed their use of iPads as playbooks under Greg Schiano, who preferred unwieldy bundles of paper instead. All the while, the rest of the NFL was switching to tablets as their main vector for distributing playbooks. It's not entirely clear whether the Bucs are re-adopting iPads (or other tablets) for their playbooks, but that seems likely given the fact that the Chicago Bears were using them under Lovie Smith, too. I can see a lot of different uses for tablets on the sidelines: you could immediately call up footage to show players what happened and analyse plays, rather than having to rely on those printed-out All-22 photos. You could also automatically tag each play with down, distance and game situation, which would facilitate in-game analysis of opponent play choices. Coaches could annotate plays as they happen to help with immediate and later analysis. Finally, they could use tablets to perform risk analysis on whether or not to go for it on fourth down, or whether or not to call a timeout. The only downside: holding a tablet in front of your mouth while you're signalling in plays looks a little silly.link

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next thing you know they’ll be trying out other newfangled ideas like halftime adjustments

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can they still play “Angry Birds”?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can they still play "Angry Birds"?

They get to play them twice a season!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next thing you know they'll be trying out other newfangled ideas like halftime adjustments

+1

• Anonymous

Inactive

Next thing you know they'll be trying out other newfangled ideas like halftime adjustments

Who ever heard of such of a thing?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've heard that theory before it but it's impossible!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie also replaced the time clock Schiano had installed. fred_flintstone_clocking_out.jpg

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what I say. When the hell are they suppose to go to the bathroom and eat?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Halftime adjustments? You mean adjusting the temperature and amount of food they eat?

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what I say. When the hell are they suppose to go to the bathroom and eat?

I know. I'd demand to have an 8-10 ounce filet waiting for me with some mashed potatoes at half-time.  Toss it back with a glass of wine then drop a load before heading back to the field.

• brycen54

Participant

The Butthurt: Eternal Possession

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know. I'd demand to have an 8-10 ounce filet waiting for me with some mashed potatoes at half-time.  Toss it back with a glass of wine then drop a load before heading back to the field.

Sounds like you played for us last year... Is that you Donald?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Real men don't admit when they're wrong, they simply try to bend reality so that their plan is right under other circumstances. Unless you're married. Then you're always wrong.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've never lost money from a weight clause so leave me alone!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've never lost money from a weight clause so leave me alone!

Lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet another reason Schiano needed to go. Change with the times. So glad Schiano is far from Tampa.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, there you go, now we know why Freeman failed.  He didn’t have his Ipad to study every night.  [sarc]

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is bs writing. Everyone knows schiano handed out tablets...to freeman.

• Anonymous

Inactive

stubborn.pngGreat Schiano before football

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if tablets in the schiano era came with a chisel, or if they were expected to carve it by hand?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if tablets in the schiano era came with a chisel, or if they were expected to carve it by hand?

Tablets came from bottles in the Schiano era.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.