Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Should the Bucs look to sign him on the real cheap? He would be great depth for JPP.

I know Smith runs himself out of his assignment, but he was in a total shit defense. Being around studs may affect him some sort of way. He used to be an absolute stud, he has stayed clean.

Just throwing crap at a wall.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Aldon & Larry Fitzgerald are the 2 external FAs i want right now.

• Vance

Participant

I would take aldon for a one year deal any day of the week. Not sure how Fitzgerald would fit if we plan on signing AB back .

• BadabingBucs

Participant

much rather have Antonio Brown over Larry Fitz.

the only thing Larry Fitz brings is the desire to win a championship but Antonio is a far superior player at this stage in the game.

unless Larry wants to have a LeSean McCoy type role but even than rather see Scottie and Tyler get time.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Would argue that Fitzgerald could be a new man playing with Brady,Evans,and Godwin compared to Kirk and whoever else they had.

• Swash

Participant

OLB is probably the biggest need on our team. Absolutely no depth. Nelson is not good at all.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I would bring in Smith as depth. As a pure pass rusher he can be effective. His gap discipline is lacking, but…

• FinkleisEinhorn

Participant

I actually think this is an ideal FA target. As stated above, pass-rush is by far our thinnest position. JPP or Shaq go down, we’re in a very tough spot. Aldon should come cheap and we’ve got a strong veteran locker room in case he decides to become a headache. I’d be all for this signing.

• tiapanda

Participant

They have this same thread on the Saints forum and probably every other team’s forum in the NFL. Why are the Cowboys not re-signing him after a pretty good year when they need defense? Are they expecting something to be coming down from the NFL? It doesn’t make sense but could be why they haven’t been relevant in this century. If his head is on straight and healthy then we should consider it.

• Vance

Participant

I’ll take TY Hilton but he is a walking band-aid.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I’d be all for this move! Nelson is serviceable, he’s good on early downs subbing in for JPP or Shaq, but it’d be great to find another EDGE player who can apply some pressure to close out games, when Shaq and JPP are gassed.. or better yet, keep them fresh.

• BucsSavant

Participant

They have this same thread on the Saints forum and probably every other team’s forum in the NFL. Why are the Cowboys not re-signing him after a pretty good year when they need defense? Are they expecting something to be coming down from the NFL? It doesn’t make sense but could be why they haven’t been relevant in this century. If his head is on straight and healthy then we should consider it.

Probably can’t afford to since they just gave $40mil a year to a mediocre QB…

• dalbuc

Participant

Smith would be an ideal signing solving a big problem with depth.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Justin Houston is another older EDGE at FA who’d be worth a look. Maybe he wants to ring chase? He had 8 sacks last year, and no team seems to have been interested in him at all, besides the Colts.

• Barnz1

Participant

Aldon has signed with the Seahawks for “up to 4mil with incentives”. So probably barely over 2mil you’d say.

We missed one here. He’s still a very impactful pass rusher and that is cheap. Seahawks have had a sneaky good offseason. There main weakness on the Dline is now pretty strong.

Really hope we nail a stud pass rusher in the draft because our pass rush depth is still paper thin compared to a lot of teams. Surely that is the plan because the lack of chasing off a quality vet depth guy has been strange.

Justin Houston still out there and could probably be had for next to nothing

• Swash

Participant

Melvin Ingram is also available still. Could he be a potential ring chaser?

• The Freeman

Participant

would prefer Ryan Kerrigan… but both probably too expensive for our cap space and looking for more playing time.

need to think long-term imo, wouldn’t mind Payton Turner + Elerson Smith on day 2 if Phillips doesn’t slide on day 1.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 21 hours ago by The Freeman.

• seekpar

Participant

Get that edge we need in the draft, low cap impact.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 18 hours ago by seekpar.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

In regards to Justin Houston or Melvin Ingram, I can see Licht going after at least one of those guys, but he’s waiting till at least after the draft to see what happens. Keep in mind that there will be another wave of free agent signings after June 1 and he could be waiting until then to snap up one of those guys.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Must be serious if they’ve issued an arrest warrant. The best thing he could do right now is go down there and take care of it.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.