Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Friends have been telling me this all week.

Does anyone have a link that objectively looks at the imbalance of the calls from game to game?

Couple I’d like to know:
      -2-3 false starts missed
      -Godwin 2nd down deep fade with Alexander early contact

Few others but yeah… anyone have a good article or site?

Please wait…

• BucsFan83

Participant

The refs let them play tbh. It was both ways. The last pi call though was obvious. It was more than just playing it out. The guy had his jersey holding him back for like 10 yards. Did you see how out stretched that was?

In saying that, was watching something else with a commentator stating they shouldn’t have a different rule set in the regular season and the playoffs. Players shouldn’t “just play it out.”

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Agreed but wondering if there is something to reference…

Thanks

Please wait…

• Mic

Participant

Shaq was held like 3 times

Please wait…

• Chop111

Participant

I thought Shaq Barrett was held numerous times in the Packers game, and it never was called. At least don’t think it was.

He was still kicking a– though, hopefully he can continue this level of play.

Please wait…

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

If and when we win the SB are you gonna change that stupid and senseless screen name OP?

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Who cares, it’s a screen name.

I’ll wear it like a Scarlett letter.

Please wait…

• m_j

Participant

there have been multiple holds and blocks in the back on both sides. plus two or three false starts on the packers side. and then PI stories ….

who cares? we won! :-)

Please wait…

• seekpar

Participant

SMB interfered on his INT and the refs swallowed their whistles, it goes both ways. The flag on TJ had to be thrown. When the guy finally let go of his jersey, TJ fell to the ground from regaining the forward momentum lost when the guy was holding on for so long.

Please wait…

• leeroybuc93

Participant

SMB’s grab was subtle. There was no arm extension and he didn’t pull the guy enough to make him fall or spin or anything. That’s called craft. The pull on Johnson was so obvious the referees would be answering questions from the league on how they missed it. The shirt was pulled out 2 feet behind him. The defender gave the refs no choice but to call it in a game where they clearly didn’t want to call thngs.

Please wait…

• Packers2021

Participant

I think they could have let that last call go. I mean they let them play all day then call that PA on the last drive. We should have been penalized more too. I guess it evens out.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

SMB’s grab was subtle. There was no arm extension and he didn’t pull the guy enough to make him fall or spin or anything. That’s called craft.

It was also within 5 yards of the LOS, whereas the ball was in the air when Johnson’s shirt was yanked and held.

Please wait…

• jcaulfield8

Participant

rewatch the 3rd down and goal, the last play for the packers. watch the referee behind rodgers. he sees the hold on shaq and he reaches for the flag. id be willing to bet had it been completed it comes back anyway. seems like they are holding the flag to see if the play will be either successful or affected by the penalty before they call it. much better system than in the saints games if this is the case

Please wait…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I believe Packers didn’t have a single penalty called on them until the 4th quarter. It was really nice to see a game with so little flags though.

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I wasn’t trying to create a thread to see who got the calls or not…

Just wanted to see if anyone had a place they go where they analyze the calls objectively.

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

There was a bad hold they missed at the end there. Would have made that whole fg or going for it argument worthless.

Please wait…

• Mic

Participant

Yea that hodl that SMB did is what the saints do all year, all the best CBs hold it’s just that they get away with it like that.

When you see a jersey stretched out that far and the corner is clearly beat on the inside he could do nothing but hold or else that’s a completed pass. TJ would have been 2 yards open

Please wait…

• aquilus

Participant

Didn’t know if anyone else noticed that 3 occasions The play clock ticked to 00 2 seconds later Rodgers snapped the ball

No call

Those drives led to touchdowns

Please wait…

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I noticed that also, and I was furious!

It’s such a damn easy thing to fix too. Set up those play clocks with a loud buzzer that sounds when it hits 0:00.

Beyond stupid that the league rules committee hasn’t addressed this.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.