Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• GoldsonAges

Participant

I thought it would be fun to make a list of alternate draft choices for the Buccameers. This is just for fun and is in no way a second guessing exercise. Here are my alternate choices:1) Aaron Donald. Much debate about this player and if he was a tweener or if we needed him but I just cant ignore that he has Warren Sapp like measurables and the film to back it up. I had him and Evans rated 1a and 1b so I am extremely pleased that we chose Evans as I think he will be a baller. 2) Kyle Van Noy. I love Jordan Matthews as well but I think Van Noy could have been a Hardy Nickerson type MLB for us. 3) Trai Turner. Sooooo many options here. Loved Phillip Gaines, Scott Crichton, and Gabe Jackson too. But after watching a lot of Trai Turners tape I would have had to pick him. He is good in pass pro, always pushes the pile and never misses on downfild blocks ... and he is a very nasty boy. He finishes every play. Could be the best OG in this draft.5) David Yankey. We did go OG but I like Yankey. He isnt great but he is probably more pro ready than anyone else who was available.6) EJ Gaines. I love the Herron pick. I also love EJ Gaines in the 6th round too.Halapio went a few picks earlier to NE, otherwise he is the guy.7) Jeff Janis. Would not have traded this pick away. Janis is a bit of a project but has great size and speed. Very good potential.I am glad it turned out the way it did because IMO we needed the offensive firepower.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post. I’d have been stoked about that draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I tried, but I am pretty happy about the draft. Probably would have gone with donald at one and then followed up with 2 OL. Like what we did much more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not enough firepower… 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I loved our 1st and 2nd round picks. I will do two alternates. One without any new trades and one with. 1. Evans2. ASJ3. Trai Turner, RG4. To the NY Jets5a. Telvin Smith, OLB/Special teams 5b. Jared Abbrederis, Slot WR6. Lache Seastrunk, RBWith an additional trade:1a. Evans1b. Bridgewater (trade 2014 5th and 2015 1st to Seattle)2. ASJ3. Turner4. To NY Jets5a. To Seattle5b. Abbrederis6. Seastrunk

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Evans WR2. ASJ TE3. Charles Sims RB5. David  Yankey OG5. Aaron Lynch DE6. Robert Herron WR

Please wait…

• bnjsnow

Participant

Buc MY life..Completely agree with your 5th rounder...at that point the guards were so close..would have loved Telvin Smith ..Jax got a good player (would have been perfect fit for us)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I’m pretty happy with our draft. I think Sims will prove his worth in the third round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was surprised the Bucs passed on Yankey for Edwards. From what I hear, Yankey could step in and be a starter at guard for the next 10 years. Lets hope Edwards pans out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was surprised the Bucs passed on Yankey for Edwards. From what I hear, Yankey could step in and be a starter at guard for the next 10 years. Lets hope Edwards pans out.

My understanding is that Yankey wasn't an athlete that the Bucs are requiring in the position.  That he also was 'made' by the guys around him, rather than him 'making' the other guys.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Not enough firepower...

+1 .I'll take the real draft, thanks !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My understanding is that Yankey wasn't an athlete that the Bucs are requiring in the position.  That he also was 'made' by the guys around him, rather than him 'making' the other guys.

Yankey really fell hard. But watching him, he has no issues with pulling. My observations were that he didnt hold his blocks long enough in pass pro bucause he needs to refine his footwork, and he whiffs on downfild blocks often. He isnt a mauler. Doesnt seem to have a nasty streak.Maybe his ceiling isnt as high as Edwards but he can play in this league I believe right from the get go and the footwork is something that is coachable. Edwards on the other hand is much less athletic and projects to more of a mauler type with slow feet that cant be coached up. Would be a huge liability in pass pro if thrown in right away. That was really a shock seeing Edwards the pick over Yankey. I will have to defer to LL on this one and trust that they know what they're doing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’re actually very similar at the combine.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/combineEdwards is the mauler...  Yankey the technician.  6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Using the picks that we took:1) Donald2) Matthews3) Crichton5) Yankey5) Murray6) SeastrunkBut I would not have made the trade, so with our original picks going into the draft it would have been no Murray and Henderson* in the 7th.  I also would have made other trade downs, so I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten the guys I'm taking here.  *Admittedly this is a week later.  Draft day I might have fallen into the Michael Sams trap. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would have gone with:1) Mike Evans2) Marquise Lee3) Gabe Jackson5) David Yankey5) Lamin Barrow6) Zach MooreI like our draft but I think our front 7 needs a few more solid guys, we're pretty thin up front, I like ASJ and think he was the most well-rounded TE in this draft, but I think Marquise is just a better football player, won't ever have to worry about him on or off the field, and think we esentially would have two number one receivers for years to come with lee and evans, i like edwards in the fifth but I think yankey brings a little more versatility that this team could use

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.