Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Alterraun Verner Will Watch Draft For Sammy Watkins By Amanda Borges Assistant Digital Editor Follow @ Aborgesn Tampa Bay Buccaneers‘ cornerback Alterraun Verner is a veteran on the team and he likes it that way. He spoke to media today about teaching younger players and how much he likes to use his experience to help others. He also talked about the NFL Draft and his excitement for Sammy Watkins.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zZGTCbCVe4&feature=player_embeddedRead more at http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/video-alterraun-verner-will-watch-draft-for-sammy-watkins/#JcTIBWozx8deSphW.99

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope they are teammates as well.. lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t we all..unfortunately we’d have to trade up for Sammy which we cannot afford to do with only 6 picks as it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not going to happen, barring a trade up which would make me SMH.  Moving up for a WR in a WR deep draft would be ludicrous.  Some very good player will fall into the Bucs lap if they stay their hand at 7.Would Robinson be a good guard?  I love that kids strength.Bridgewater is going to be there. But I'm not sold on that dude.  His upside, to me, is a slightly better version of Jason Campbell, at best. Which isn't bad, if you can keep one coordinator around for longer than ten minutes.  I wouldn't hate it.Donald at 7 isn't a reach, but it is taking a stud to back up a stud.  I'm sure he would hit the field.  But he would have to be used creatively, rather than letting himjust do his natural thing, which is currently firmly occupied by GMAC.Carr will be available.  I am no fan of his, as I do not like mentally frail QBs, which is what I am vibing from the kid.  He does have a nice arm though, and I would get why they drafted him.  He would be a another perfect candidate to sit for a season or two and get groomed.  The proper way to prep a ROOK QB IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But doesn’t Verner know Sammy is a midget?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not going to happen, barring a trade up which would make me SMH.  Moving up for a WR in a WR deep draft would be ludicrous.  Some very good player will fall into the Bucs lap if they stay their hand at 7.Would Robinson be a good guard?  I love that kids strength.Bridgewater is going to be there. But I'm not sold on that dude.  His upside, to me, is a slightly better version of Jason Campbell, at best. Which isn't bad, if you can keep one coordinator around for longer than ten minutes.  I wouldn't hate it.Donald at 7 isn't a reach, but it is taking a stud to back up a stud.  I'm sure he would hit the field.  But he would have to be used creatively, rather than letting himjust do his natural thing, which is currently firmly occupied by GMAC.Carr will be available.  I am no fan of his, as I do not like mentally frail QBs, which is what I am vibing from the kid.  He does have a nice arm though, and I would get why they drafted him.  He would be a another perfect candidate to sit for a season or two and get groomed.  The proper way to prep a ROOK QB IMO.

agree on all

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Don’t we all want Watkins to land here lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At 7 or later – I agree with Alterraun – Watkins is an angry football player.  Combined with Jackson and a good slot?  Boom.Guys I want at 7:Mack, Watkins or a QB of the teams choosing (preferably Bridge but not J Flag Football)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At 7 or later - I agree with Alterraun - Watkins is an angry football player.  Combined with Jackson and a good slot?  Boom.Guys I want at 7:Mack, Watkins or a QB of the teams choosing (preferably Bridge but not J Flag Football)

I like those along with Evans

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am expecting a huge year out of Verner, Darrelle who?But I agree, Sammy is likely gone by #7, and I don't see a trade up for anyone.

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.