Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• DCGoth

Participant

… before someone (they know who they are. 😎) managed to find my main mobile and send a litany of texts.

Granted, in part, In amazed it took this long because I’ve always maintained transparency. I’ve never cared who knows who I am, and with what my current status, it even helps. (This is because any attention equates to good attention. Example: Both of the films that I produced, were on pretty much every torrent site known to man, and a lot in Russia. This was fine to me. Most horror films nery very little, if anything. Due to my films v bouncing around torrents, My IMDb Star Meter, based mostly on profile hits, was high for a good lo90s,

That said, up until recently, when the boards revamped again, I Heidi had my IMDb Profile listed as a link in my Bio. (In the newest update, I don’t see any info under Bio.) So, considering my personal info is somewhat posted in my IMDb Pro along with my resume and from achievements. I guess no one here reads bios. 😎

So, at any rate, kind of amazing to start getting texts from someone now.

I’ve been using DCGoth s my profile
      make, across pretty much all connections I’ve used, dating back to the late 80s. (Granted, not everyone is mine, as in the early someone other than me created an account with Hello Kitty Online.). 😎

I’d rather have a beer bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Huh?

• DCGoth

Participant

Huh?

@FireLicht2020

Yeah, a lot of typos. I was tired. I’m gonna edit the post; however, the TLDR version is that someone, last night, sent a number of insulting texts to my mobile number. (My main one.)

The interesting thing is, unless someone specifically visits my IMDb page, along with my filmography, it lists that I’mw working in Florida, but it does not specifically say I am living here. The only place where I share my current location is in this board, so anyone who was just texting insults would have no clue that I live in Florida. My phone numbers in the US all have numbers from area code 202 and 310, or D.C. and Los Angeles. So, for someone to blind text me, mentioning Florida and 75. I also do not post on social media. I h by used to have someone do my Twitter, but that was when IMDb showed your Twitter Feed on your Credits Page. So, yeah, I get scam calls, but from spoofed numbers in D.C. and L.A. areas.

So last night, I get some rage texts. Here are a couple:

1.) Faggot

2.) You really are a huge fucking idiot and you need to know this: nobody respects you. When you’re out in public and you sometimes get the feeling that people are laughing at you, that’s not just drug induced paranoia, people really are laughing at you. You’re a fucking joke.

My reply:

Who exactly THE FUCK is this????

3.) Everyone knows you like random highway reststop buttsex with sweaty AIDS carrying truckers and we alllll laugh at you behind your back

4.) It’s Big Jimmy! Remember me? We met at the I-75 rest stop glory hole remember?! We got into a bit of an argument over who got to suck that juicy dong. But then we settled the argument by pressing our buttholes together remember?! I pooped into your butthole and then you pooped back into mine….back and forth we passed that turd until both of our vaginal gashes were dripping with baby gravy. And then you gave birth to a litter of Chinese poodle kittens

5.) LMAOOOOO I’M DYING HERE!!!😂🤣😂😁😂🤣😁😂🤣😉😊😘😘😘

7.) Oooooohhh fancy pants! Everybody look at me I live in (California) (My Edit) lol no you don’t you fucking liar. Welcome to Florida! Where everybody wishes they were somewhere else lol

Since my phones all are from D.C. / L.A. So since no one who has access to my phone numbers, which are easily found, they would not know I live in Florida. The only acknowledgement I’ve ever publicly made about living in the Tampa Area is from this board.

As a result, the above texts to my phone last night, which came from someone I don’t know in person, I assume was from someone who reads my posts here on PR, as those are pretty specific to bits of knowledge that I’ve only posted here. (Granted, it is also mentioned that I live in Florida right now that was written in my brief bio for my last published story, the above texts don’t really relate to anyone posted off about the content of my story.

From the quoted language above does it sound like anyone we may know? 😎

• FireLicht2020

Participant

So Chron got your number and rage texted you?

• DCGoth

Participant

So Chron got your number and rage texted you?

Exactly what I’m thinking. 😎

I’ve used DCGoth since the late 80s / early 90s, so I imagine a number of hits on Google would yield a good bit of info. Is just that I never really post anywhere except here.

Plus, an interesting thing I noticed, was that the texts occurred shortly after the Bucs game ended. 😎

My initial opinion is that Chron managed to get my main number. (Actually, for free, plus a credit card hold, my full info can be pulled from B IMSb Pro, for $25, but you get a free month, so actually, for free.

Unlike IMDb, IMDb Pro allows you to post your resume, any projects you have in the works, contact info, representation, etc. I’m thinking it was more of just finding my name through my SN, and then pulling a White Pages listing. I’ve used my main number since 1998, so I’m sure it’s easy to find.

Personally, I find it more amusing than anything else. I figured I would post it here, primarily for shits and giggles. 😎

• Roy

Participant

Sorry to hear this.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Kinda scary that these nuts can get that

• DCGoth

Participant

Sorry to hear this.

It’s all good. Thank you for the concern / comment, though. Compared to the “loving care” we all received during Boot Camp, the comments themselves were nothing worse than what we see here. The odd part is setting it out of the blue. Had the comments been a bit more generic, I would’ve just thought I’d pissed off an ex or something; however, since it started out with just “faggot” it actually allowed me to just treat it like any other message I would get.

Kinda scary that these nuts can get that

Also true. Some methods actually can yield even more info. Fortunately, I’m not easily shaken. (I lived within a mile or two of The vast majority of D.C. Sniper killings, seeing Bullet holes each representing a person that was killed at that spot. Those holes remained in windows for months, almost like they were afraid to replace the window. City streets were empty at times they should’ve been filled with traffic. Considering that, it’s all good here. 😎

• njligernj

Participant

Since whomever did this is probably reading this:

“You really are a huge fucking idiot and you need to know this: nobody respects you. When you’re out in public and you sometimes get the feeling that people are laughing at you, that’s not just drug induced paranoia, people really are laughing at you. You’re a fucking joke.”

I would never even think of insulting someone like this. It seems like only projection could produce this attempted insult. They think everyone is laughing at them: because every punchline on every late night show is how stupid they are, every post on social is people laughing at idiot MAGA morons etc. To the author, just FYI, I don’t feel like this ever. Aside from small towns, when you go outside you never see anyone you know … most people, 99.9%, are ignoring you and don’t give a shit about you. It’s not just the insult of an insecure person; it’s fiercely illogical and unhinged from day-to-day practical reality. Like the idea Bill Gates wants to know where poor people are going and what they are doing but doesn’t want to use existing cell phone data to do so.

This is the insult of a 12 year old who is worried about if the other kids at school thinks he’s cool (they don’t; he’s not).

Also if someone gave me the number of one of the terrorists I wouldn’t text the number. I’d report it to the FBI or whatever but I wouldn’t send a text. I’d rather have peace and quiet in my life than start text fights over message board disagrements.

FWIW I also want a “revolution” (peaceful which results in reformation to get money and bribery out of politics to address economic inequality and stop the ongoing transfer of wealth from the working and middle class to the 0.1%) but I have never considered doxxing or anonymous insults to be an efficient or effective means toward change.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by njligernj.

• DCGoth

Participant

I would never even think of insulting someone like this.

Most true. This type of comment only comes from someone who has no other means of recourse, or believe it will evoke a response. In my writing, both published and yet to be published, my main goal is to evoke a response. If a person cannot create an d emotional response from their writing, whether it be narrative prose or writing for the screen, I don’t feel that that is successful writing. My works are always very disturbing. I works never allow my daughter to read my writing until she was in college. Now that she’s in college, she has better things to do than read my writing. 😎

Also if someone gave me the number of one of the terrorists I wouldn’t text the number. I’d report it to the FBI or whatever

Also true. If I wanted to be an ass and push the issue, I could elevate it. Threatening texts these days do violate federal law; however, In gonna let it slide. I found it more amusing than anything rose, plus I would miss Chron’s humorous outbursts. I’m not losing any sleep over it.

One fun thing from the past: IMDb, prior to being bought out by Amazon, used to have a BBS / Comment Board associated with each film and also any talent’s individual pages. Back then, like it is here now, IMDb used Screen Names. I works occasionally read some comments to get a feel for a film, but that was about it.

The humorous part is that I have two film credits, and upon release, I was curious to see if there was any interesting public reaction. One of the threads was some random dude who was “explaining” what the film meant, along with underlying motivations. I have no idea who this person was, so I assume it was just someone who watched the film. He was in an argument with one other person. The other person told him that he didn’t believe that the other guy truly grasped the correct meaning of the film. The original dude was adamant that he knew exactly what the film makers had in mind along with plot and theme.

The enjoyable part of this argument, that probably not many others knew, and definitely not the guy arguing, was that he was in an argument with the director of the film. It was classic. That would be like arguing with someone here, only to find out you’re arguing with Bruce Arians. 😎 I really mouse that IMDb feature.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.