Thursday, October 17, 2019

An early look at the next wave of nfl head coaches

This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  harrybucman May. 20, 2019 at 2:52 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

DEBUCSOWN
    Participant

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836257-an-early-look-at-nfls-next-wave-of-head-coaching-candidates

Byron Leftwich, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Minority candidates don’t receive the same recognition as other coaches in today’s NFL, because opportunities are lacking on the offensive side of the ball.

Byron Leftwich is one of only two African-American offensive coordinators (along with the Kansas City Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy) in the league. Leftwich’s pedigree aligns perfectly with what many teams want in their next head coach, though; he simply needs more experience.

The 39-year-old former NFL quarterback didn’t enter the professional coaching ranks until 2017. Mike McCoy’s midseason firing thrust Leftwich into the Arizona Cardinals’ offensive coordinator role after a year and a half as a quarterbacks coach.

Bruce Arians hired Leftwich to serve as his coordinator with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Arians is grooming his protege to become an NFL head coach.

“He’ll be a head coach early and fast,” Arians said after originally hiring Leftwich in Arizona, per NFL.com’s Chris Wesseling.

Two years later, Arians brought Leftwich along to call plays and mentor quarterback Jameis Winston. Leftwich’s career will turn based on how he handles the 2015 No. 1 overall pick.

“I have to learn him first. I have to learn Jameis. I have to learn how he thinks, how he executes, what he does well, what he maybe doesn’t do so well and then I have to get those things better as a whole,” Leftwich said, per Pro Football Talk’s Charean Williams.

If Winston secures his status as a franchise quarterback by protecting the football and consistently making good decisions, Leftwich will be well on his way toward a head coaching opportunity. If the quarterback falters, his path becomes far more difficult to navigate.

+16
    Rating: +7. From 25 votes.
    Please wait...

GottaJaboo
    Participant

To down vote this, you have to be a real dick.

+21
    Rating: +10. From 32 votes.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

NotDeadYet
    Participant

If Leftwich can break Winston of his bad habits, which Koetter couldn’t, he will quickly quell the angst many fans have expressed over his hiring. Getting Winston to trust his training instead of reverting to old instincts will be a tough task; an interesting season coming up for sure…

+7
    Rating: +6. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...

The Anomaly
    Participant

To down vote this, you have to be a real dick.

I upvoted just for you.  I think he’s gonna be a bust.  He was horrific last year.

+7
    Rating: 0. From 14 votes.
    Please wait...

buc_boi
    Participant

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836257-an-early-look-at-nfls-next-wave-of-head-coaching-candidates

Minority candidates don’t receive the same recognition as other coaches in today’s NFL, because opportunities are lacking on the offensive side of the ball.

Byron Leftwich is one of only two African-American offensive coordinators (along with the Kansas City Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy) in the league. Leftwich’s pedigree aligns perfectly with what many teams want in their next head coach, though; he simply needs more experience.

Fuck this pile of racist bullshit.

+6
    Rating: -7. From 19 votes.
    Please wait...

harrybucman
    Participant

Fuck this pile of racist bullshit.

Racism is nothing more than ” the belief that one’s own race is superior”. Where do you see anything of that nature in this post. Every time you post, you prove more and more how ignorant you really are.  You are a miserable and extremely insecure little bitch.

+8
    Rating: 0. From 16 votes.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Minority candidates don’t receive the same recognition as other coaches in today’s NFL, because opportunities are lacking on the offensive side of the ball. Byron Leftwich is one of only two African-American offensive coordinators (along with the Kansas City Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy) in the league. Leftwich’s pedigree aligns perfectly with what many teams want in their next head coach, though; he simply needs more experience.

Perhaps Boi sees this statement as his reason for calling the piece racist.  Identifying Leftwich as being AA before he’s even qualified (he hasn’t shown a bit of being qualfied to date as being a future HC) hints as some sort of reverse discrimination/racism perspective, if you ask me.   If he’s qualified, he’s qualified. Period.  Why bring up his race? It’s immaterial.

+6
    Rating: +2. From 10 votes.
    Please wait...

harrybucman
    Participant

Doesn’t this quote “Leftwich’s pedigree aligns perfectly with what many teams want in their next head coach”. Indicate he has shown some evidence of being some what qualified” “Though, he simply needs more experience” indicates what he needs to be fully qualified. Just like anyone else striving to reach the head coaching level.  So are you saying just mentioning the fact that he is a minority ( which everyone already knows) changes the situation some how?

Again based on the actual definition of racism–what makes anything in the post scream racism?? What in it indicates a belief of superiority?

+1
    Rating: -6. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...

harrybucman
    Participant

You say his race is immaterial, Not to buc-boi!!!!.

+1
    Rating: -7. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...

ghost
    Participant

affirmative action, bringing you gems such as raheem morris

+6
    Rating: +4. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...

harrybucman
    Participant

affirmative action, bringing you gems such as raheem morris

Affirmative Action brings you gems like Raheem Morris.

Well what brought these gems who also had low winning %.

Raheem————— 354

Leeman Bennet——–125

Ray Perkins  ———–317

Richard Williamson—-211

Sam Wyche————–359

Greg Schiano————349

Affirmative Action had nothing to do with Raheem getting hired. Since the Glazers  still had to pay Gruden, they didn’t want to double dip and have to pay another top notch coach at the same time. Raheem was the scape goat & cheapest alternative. Everybody knew he wasn’t ready for that daunting challenge. But despite the fact that he wasn’t allowed to sign any free agents (  only coach in Bucs history that was totally restricted like that)–he still produced a 10 win season, the last one seen around here in quite a while.

+4
    Rating: -2. From 10 votes.
    Please wait...

ghost
    Participant

you showed your ass as a racist years ago harry.

Theres a reason he doesnt have another HC gig, and its not his skin color

+5
    Rating: +1. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...

harrybucman
    Participant

Dumbass, didn’t I say everybody knew Raheem wasn’t ready for that daunting challenge. And nobody even suggested that he is ready now. So your whole  “Theres a reason he doesnt have another HC gig, and its not his skin color” rant  is totally irrelevant.  You said Affirmative Action produced Raheem, I asked you what produced those other losers I listed. And you won’t answer that question. Why? Or is OK to be a loser with a worst record  just as long it is produced by whatever that other means is.

By the way I don’t give a damn what you call me or what you say I showed my ass to be years ago. To be called a racist by a redneck with sheet over his head is an honor to me. So thank your hillbilly ignorant ass for that.

+3
    Rating: -4. From 10 votes.
    Please wait...

Butters
    Participant

So Leftwhich which has accomplished absolutely ZERO as a OC so far is suddenly the next coming? Lets see if he can even manage to outdo Koetter/Monken who got ran out of town.

+6
    Rating: +6. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

The front office did not help Leftwich at all with no O’line or running back upgrades.

+4
    Rating: +4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.