Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• Bucsfan79

Participant

I think we need a thread for posters who will be dissecting the game with their brain and not their emotions. I know people have the right to vent, b!+ch and moan, and that's okay, but i just want to hear from the X's and O's guys during the game and after the game. For Winston I am looking for things such as time in the pocket (how is the OL?), climbing the pocket, looking off defenders, read progression, appropriate check downs, hot reads, blitz adjustments, feel for pressure, identification of coverages, ball placement (leading receivers, ball placement in passing windows), and does he look comfortable. From the OL. Do they know who to block and can they adjust to the stunts and blitzes when their assignment changes during the play. Are they being out quick or out muscled, or is it their technique?From the OC. Are we running an advanced highly effective and highly octane offense, or is he keeping the training wheels on, and if so, to what extent. Are we going to open it up? Are we going to run more hurry-up? More under the center or gun. I prefer gun to make those backers commit more pre-snap, should allow Winston to see what is coming compared to passing from under center when everyone is in the box mixing things up.Please, no we suck! Winston sucks! the OC sucks! Here we go again! Woes is me!This is about what we are doing or not doing and why thread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I found this thread getting ready to head to page 2…  coincidence?  lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF THE BUCS DONT WIN MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE!!!! I AM SO AMPED UP!!!!!!!!!!!    SUPER BOWl!!!!!!!!    we are the champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GO EMOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I found this thread getting ready to head to page 2...  coincidence?  lol.

This is the one I will be posting on tomorrow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ME TOO, YOU CAN COUNT ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hoping they commit to the run. Let's start off nice and easy, steady as she goes, keep things under control and let Jameis and oline settle into the game. Lots of runs with some simple play actions, boots,  mixed in. Build early confidence. Don't get Jameis killed. Let the oline and running game pave the way. Go Bucs!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Buccaneer defense should be the difference in this game tomorrow. They should create scoring opportunities and might even score some points. And if Doug Martin can run the ball successfully Jameis will be fine using play action and getting more time to throw the ball. Thank goodness for OC Dick Koetter who is even smarter than negative message board posters.... really.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good idea for a thread. This place has enough great posters. My main thoery about this game is that our defense needs to win it. Maybe the OL will be great and give Winston a chance to win it, but I am not banking on that. I am banking on the defense playing lights out. They need to be stout against the run and lock down the TE's with our LB's. That will force Mariota to stay in the pocket and get through his progressions. Having watched tons of Mariota film in college, he goes through his reads very fast. If his top targets are covered, he will know it within 2 seconds. In college, this is where he excelled running the ball. Very rarely did he hang in the pocket and wait for plays to develop. I dont expect him to run unless there are huge swaths of open field to run into. But, this is what I want to see. His quick hitters taken away, and force him to stand in the pocket with the pocket collapsing around him and wait for his next options to get open. If we can force him into standing in the pocket I think we will win the game. I will not probably be here during the game, but I look forward to checking out this thread after.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Buccaneer defense should be the difference in this game tomorrow. They should create scoring opportunities and might even score some points. And if Doug Martin can run the ball successfully Jameis will be fine using play action and getting more time to throw the ball. Thank goodness for OC Dick Koetter who is even smarter than negative message board posters.... really.

Koetter smarter than fan board forum members?  No way. Can't be. I forget which poster but one of them says he's paid to make big football decisions... :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread. And I look forward to at *least* the OP’s analysis during/after the game.:)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Offense: I want to see Koetter call a lot of quick hitters to test those corners on the outside.  Titans may be starting a new set of corners and it helps the Bucs patchwork o-line.  Koetter should also consider employing two tight end sets like the Titans wil be doing; which will also help their patchwork o-line and Mariota.  Koetter will try to run off set I formations for Doug Martin but the Titans will stack the box to prevent this.  This is where IF Evans plays tomorrow it will be huge.  If Vincent Jackson can’t win his 1v1 on the outside than Evans can running a go route.  And as I said at the start the Titans may be without both starting corners.Winston and EDS have to be on the same page to recognize those blitzes.  I expect the Titans to give the Bucs a heavy dose of double A gap blitzes and  lot of stunts on the inside to test Mankins and Marpet.  But my fear is that the Titans can generate edge pressure without needing to send extra rushers.  Which goes back to my point I expect to see a lot of double TE formations tomorrow for both teams to prevent that edge pressure.Defensively, Lovie is a more aggressive play caller than Frazier.  He is more willing to dial up blitzes, especially near the red zone.  This is because with a shrinking field you can cover the same amount of space but with less players.  So, if you are normally dropping seven in coverage that is consider the upper most of defenders for pass defensse (eight obviously being the highest).  Near the red zone you can cover the same amount of real estate using only six defenders and that extra player can shadow the QB too.  Which is going to be important to do against Mariota and limit his big play opportunities downfield.Right now, the Titans will move Mariota around to create launch platforms where he is deadly accurate on the run.  If you have watched the pre season a lot of Mariota's big throws have come on the run.  He did make a big throw in the pocket as the receiver ran an intermediate crossing route.  But for the most part Mariota isn't going to be a seem thrower which is the big weakness of most zone defenses.  But Mariota is a patient, efficient and accurate passer so if given enough time he can make a zone defense pay if they don't get pressure.  However, the Bucs will be playing a lot of m2m coverage because honestly the Titans WR's are not threatening.  Their tight ends are far more threatening.  This is where Lavonte David, Kwon Alexander, Danny Lansanah and Bruce Carter have to shut down the intermediate passing lanes for Mariota.Mariota is for the most part an intermediate thrower and if you take that away he will take the short stuff.  But to challenge downfield with go routes?  I would be surprised if the Titans do exactly that.The only way that happens is if the Titans establish a running game. And if they do that they can utilize Mariota to make it very deadly and hard to stop the Titans from driving and controlling ToP.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Great idea for a thread. I’ll definitely be back @ game time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

our guards need to be ready for a lot of inside stunts/blitzes.  They often follow defensive tackles into the offensive tackles and have a defender take the newfound hole between the guard and center.  this is death for the qb and EDS can only help one side (when he doesn’t just stand there).We need to shut down the inside pressure, even if it means we have more outside pressure... at least then, the qb has a chance to slide forward or make a quick pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s simple really.Keep defense simple, but bait him into throwing to the weaker wideouts.Try to astablish a run game. Those corners aren't that good, and will bite on a fake handoff if theyve already been dragged.From winston, i want to see better footwork, more fluid motion, and see how well he looks off the dbs.Vj, i want to see of he still has what it takes to be a #1 anymore, or should evans be?Evans, we need to see how he moves. Thats simple enough.The oline needs to at least create running lanes. If they can do that, the whole game will open up for them. Can they? I'm particularly watching for that.The dline needs to bring it. MAKE him fumble! He may burn tampa a few times, but he will eventually cough it ip if the pressure is on. Is jsmith ready?Mostly, i just want to see what we have for a full 4 quarters. That way, i can have some idea of the type of team tampa is fielding. A lot of PS was fluff imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koetter smarter than fan board forum members?  No way. Can't be. I forget which poster but one of them says he's paid to make big football decisions... :)

LOL Hard to believe but true. GAME DAY!! Have fun, should be a great game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m simply looking for Koetter to design a gameplan that allows Winston to get rid of the ball quickly. LeBeau will more than likely be blitzing early and often. Quick out, quick slants, screens, draws, etc. Slow down the blitz. That quick stuff could get Winston some early confidence. It should also allow Martin to be successful early. Then we can work the ball downfield against the Titans weak secondary. On defense, I'd just like to see some pass rush. Don't allow Mariota to sit in the pocket and nickel and dime us to death. I think our LB's should do a good job on their TE's and RB's in coverage. I'd like us to contain the run and force Mariota to throw in bunches. Hopefully, we can force a few turnovers. Hopefully, Lovie has this team coming out with energy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm simply looking for Koetter to design a gameplan that allows Winston to get rid of the ball quickly. LeBeau will more than likely be blitzing early and often. Quick out, quick slants, screens, draws, etc. Slow down the blitz. That quick stuff could get Winston some early confidence. It should also allow Martin to be successful early. Then we can work the ball downfield against the Titans weak secondary. On defense, I'd just like to see some pass rush. Don't allow Mariota to sit in the pocket and nickel and dime us to death. I think our LB's should do a good job on their TE's and RB's in coverage. I'd like us to contain the run and force Mariota to throw in bunches. Hopefully, we can force a few turnovers. Hopefully, Lovie has this team coming out with energy.

Cannot disagree with a single word you typed. Koetter is responsible for working around having a young inexperienced OL and QB and running the ball, allowing valid play action later, as well as getting the ball out of Winston's hand quickly on pass plays is key. He knows that and I hope we see success there today. On defense our speed is the key to making Mariota's job difficult. Stuffing their running game and getting a lead will make turnovers much more likely and if the Buccaneers win the turnover battle I think they win.Legitimate excitement and hope today. A win at home to start the season will mean a lot to the players, coaches and of course to the fans starving for positives, wins and a chance to believe again. GO BUCS!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

getting a lead will make turnovers much more likely and if the Buccaneers win the turnover battle I think they win.

In my opinion, this is the biggest key to a victory today. Get a lead early and make a rookie QB try to get it back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really like this idea for a thread. I will be here at game time. The trolling and sillyness is entertaining at times, but at game time it's more fun to be about the game. I would definitely appreciate it if PR made an effort to moderate and keep a thread like this alive and well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

getting a lead will make turnovers much more likely and if the Buccaneers win the turnover battle I think they win.

In my opinion, this is the biggest key to a victory today. Get a lead early and make a ROOKIE QB try to get it back.

You are right!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good news is that the run game is looking good.  However, we have yet to pressure  Mariota.  First TD pass was a beautiful fake.  Right now Titans will try to run it, I think, on first down.  We need to play zone

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you play zone, the dbs can help more support the outside corner

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ON the sack, a great job of outside contain and then they pinch it in.  He was down.  No safety

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs do not respect the FS position, putting cast offs or SS there. We have to move Banks there, immediately.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we please take away the slant?Can we please leave the short passes with pressure off of the play call sheet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was looking forward to this thread.  Unfortunately, there were very few replies in it.  Nice try, Stan

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota’s first TD, line backers were sucked in leaving the middle open for Kendall wright blame falls on both Kwon and LD, I’m almost sure it was cover 2 http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000529803/Week-1-Marcus-Mariota-highlightsVerner is trash, glorified run defender, too small and slow to matchup on lanky receivers #1'sBanks is too slow, not physical enough being 6'2, good enough for #2 cornerneed new corners(banks is fine) and new defensive coordinators, We need to get faster more physical in the defensive secondary, that and smarter backers who don't let the F****** seams open all day like like last year during this time, frustrates the hell out of me it still happensMore I could breakdown but I don't feel like watching our trash D get shredded by a rookie qb who the nation now thinks were idiots for passing on

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea, I don’t get it. We got slanted and seamed to death on defense. Chunks of yardage at a time. I think Winston is the best in spread gun. Our plays are simple, meaning nothing was set up prior to the play being called or after the play that was called. Don't we have a play series? Winston's passes were fluttering a lot as well. We need more big play wr's, when have we not though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IT IS COACHING!!I've had ENOUGH of St. Lovie. He is a TERRIBLE HC, coaches like it's 1997 and takes over the defense to THIS result?I thought he would have this team prepared to play. They were not. The Buccaneers, once again, fail in front of a HUGE home crowd dying to cheer for something. They STUNK! And that's ALL on St. Lovie Smith.I'd fire him tonight. What good is continuity if the Buccaneers constantly LOSE?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed Winston had no zip on his passes, and the ball was slipping out of his hands a lot, he either has really sweaty hands, the ball was wet, or we need better ball boys sanding down our ballsCorners were very heavy to blame in man coverage, though some of their route concepts went right over the heads of our secondary and linebackers, everyone that was in coverage is to blame. The execution and play calling was terrible on our part and Mariota took advantage that's how we gave up 42points probably more if Titans didn't mercy rule usIf wanna see more watch Walker's touchdown lavonte runs right out of his zone chasing the flats, how I can tell its zone is because Jennings dropped off Walker to David and followed the flat, 2 guys shouldnt be following the flat, again it looked like cover 2 bringing only 4 to rushEDIT*** never mind not cover 2, safety brought the blitz not sure whos fault it was anymore, either communication error as in LD and Jenning were in zone, or it was most likely man with Jennings peeling off his man to cover the obvious flat leaving walker openhttp://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015091311/2015/REG1/titans#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000529491&tab=videos

Please wait…

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.