Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJack55

Participant

Andy Benoit ?@Andy_Benoit 3h3 hours ago#Bucs preview is up today on @theMMQB. In conjunction, I'll tweet related Bucs film notes over next few hrs.#Bucs Notes: If had to classify Mike Evans, I’d say more lethal version of Malcom FloydLike Floyd, Evans a straight-line runner w/ limited twitch+change-of-direction. At best capitalizing on height and length advantage.#Bucs Notes: No player in league has more bizarre combination of lankiness and body control than Mike Evans. Freakish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Drafting LT Smith and RG Marpet a good start, but weakness at LG (Mankins) + C (Evan Smith) will still cripple this O at times.#Bucs Notes: Interesting to see who will be the feature RB. Best two bets, Martin and Sims, both showed stiffness last year.#Bucs Notes: Expect Koetter to help Winston and his young OL by playing predominantly out of base personnel, not 3 WR. Simplifies the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Surprised not more chatter about Mike Glennon as trade bait. He’d be an upgrade for about 5 or 6 teams right now.#Bucs Notes: Glennon confident and has the arm strength; will play from congested pocket (though needs work here).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude loses all credibility when he compares Mike Evans to Malcolm floyd. Wtf this guy smoking?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Mankins not what he once was. It shows most in lack of short-area lateral agility. (A problem for pass blocking.)#Bucs Notes: Bucs have size at WR and TE but almost zero speed. Koetter will have to design passing game accordingly.#Bucs Notes: Be interesting to see how much Evans plays slot this yr. Was effective here last yr but doesn’t have ideal all-around quickness#Bucs Notes: If Omameh finds his way into the starting lineup, that’s irrefutable evidence that OL woes will again ruin this team.#Bucs Notes: Previous staff tried to get RB Sims the ball on perimeter. Koetter was pretty good at that in ATL.#Bucs Notes: Will be interesting to see how Clinton McDonald and Henry Melton rotation works. Both quality inside gap-shooters in nickel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t believe anything this guy says about Winston . . . he’s a tabloid journalist from SI . . .  and for God’s sake . .  he went to . .  College of Idaho!!  Everyone knows Coyotes hate Winston!!Sincerely, Runole

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Fact that Conte and Major Wright have legit shot at playing time tells you Lovie Smith prefers familiarity over all else at S.#Bucs Notes: Lovie Smith’s passing down D in nutshell: double-A-gap look presnap, rotation to Cover 2 postsnap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Concern with defense is what happens when offenses spread out? Saw Ravens kill Bucs with this last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Lovie Smith’s passing down D in nutshell: double-A-gap look presnap, rotation to Cover 2 postsnap.

This was super frustrating to watch last year. Bluffing the double A gap blitz, then linebacker gets beat over the middle because he's behind in pass coverage. Annnnoying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: If offenses spread out, zone defenders get isolated. Almost opposite of how zone is designed to work.#Bucs Notes: in reviewing my film notes, way too many cases of WR’s running by CB Verner last yr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Only time Lovie puts 3 safeties on field is if offense has 1 WR 3 TE’s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Lavonte David easily one of the 3 or 4 best sideline to sideline LB’s in NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you for posting these CJ.  *hat tip*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: If offenses spread out, zone defenders get isolated. Almost opposite of how zone is designed to work.

Fabulous observation imo.  Hopefully that was players not understanding their responsibility in the defense.Lots of good tweets/observations imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Most important player on D: DE Jacquies Smith. Bucs’ only sources of consistent edge speed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A little lazy to simply depend on last year’s film and project this year.  Mankins is healthy, slimmed down, adjusted to the move.  To assume that he cannot rebound from last year seems silly.  The ankle injury he sustained early in the year might have had a little something to do with his lateral ability.Also...no speed at WR...Kenny Bell?  Kaelin Clay?  I guess we didn't draft them?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Dude loses all credibility when he compares Mike Evans to Malcolm floyd. Wtf this guy smoking?

I missed a meeting........ when did he ever retain credibility?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lazy?  Watching the tape would seem to me to be the best way to evaluate.  The tape don’t lie.  We can speculate about how things might/should be different this season.  Until it is different, Mankins is what he put on film last year.  The WR core speed is what it was until Bell and/or Clay show they are faster and they can make the 53 and contribute. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Lovie Smith’s passing down D in nutshell: double-A-gap look presnap, rotation to Cover 2 postsnap.

This was super frustrating to watch last year. Bluffing the double A gap blitz, then linebacker gets beat over the middle because he's behind in pass coverage. Annnnoying.

It was, indeed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Bucs have size at WR and TE but almost zero speed. Koetter will have to design passing game accordingly.

Murphy has decent speed... needed more looks, imo.

#Bucs Notes: Will be interesting to see how Clinton McDonald and Henry Melton rotation works. Both quality inside gap-shooters in nickel.

I'm not sold on Melton, tbh...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#Bucs Notes: Bucs have size at WR and TE but almost zero speed. Koetter will have to design passing game accordingly.

Kenney Bell, Jalein Clay, & Louis Murphy??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kenney Bell, Jalein Clay, & Louis Murphy??

Bell for sure. and this writer is underestimating Mike Evans speed. Evans has much better change of direction and cut speed then some people think

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can speculate about how things might/should be different this season.  Until it is different, Mankins is what he put on film last year.  The WR core speed is what it was until Bell and/or Clay show they are faster and they can make the 53 and contribute.

mankins is what arroyo and a hyperextended knee and a lack of playbook allowed him to put on film last year.  WR core speed?  i saw evans get by the browns defense many times, and he is our slowest WR?i think sometimes focus is on the wrong things. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TBH, for a national guy, I thought many of the observations were on point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is reviewing last years tape.Some good and some obvious observations.I'm not 'sold' on any player or coach -  Not a one.  They all have a shite-ton to prove to each other and as a team to this fan base down to a man.  That is the reality.2014 is a wash.  2015 is a long way to go.  I'll be happy that they become competitive and make games worth watching this year.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

TBH, for a national guy, I thought many of the observations were on point.

I am old and use to read sports illustrated when I was a kid. That's all there was back then. I didn't even know they were still around these days.

Please wait…

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.