Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• RedwoodOriginal5

Participant

Was thinking of this last night, Andy Dalton is a free agent after this season. Say McCown and Glennon both get their chances this year and both do not play very well, but our defense plays quite well. Andy Dalton has another okay season, and leads the Bengals to another 1st round exit in the playoffs. He isn’t resigned though and say we are picking around the 10-15 region in the draft. Would you rather try to sign Dalton in FA or draft a QB who will not be one of the better of the 2015 class?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rather draft one.  Dalton is mediocre with one of the top 3 WRs.  He will want Romo type money (if not more).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rather draft one.  Dalton is mediocre with one of the top 3 WRs.  He will want Romo type money (if not more).

I want Romo money. I'm just as likely to get it as AD.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want Romo money. I'm just as likely to get it as AD.

Raiders, Jets may make it a bit more likely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m Mark Davis’ hair-stylist.

Please wait…

• barbuc

Participant

No thanks to Andy Dalton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually think a change of scenery might do Andy Dalton some good. I’ve always liked him. Would love to see him playing for the Bucs myself. He actually reminds me a bit of Brad Johnson…and we know how well he worked out in 2002.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I’d rather draft one. AD is alright but he has his limitations and he’s just about reached his ceilings with one of the best WRs in the league.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Keep that ginger piece of crap far away from here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No thanks. I’ve seen a good amount of Dalton in person and he’s the reason the Bengals haven’t won a playoff game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would rather take my chances with Glennon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To the draft.  Much better talent in 2015.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was thinking of this last night, Andy Dalton is a free agent after this season. Say McCown and Glennon both get their chances this year and both do not play very well, but our defense plays quite well. Andy Dalton has another okay season, and leads the Bengals to another 1st round exit in the playoffs. He isn't resigned though and say we are picking around the 10-15 region in the draft. Would you rather try to sign Dalton in FA or draft a QB who will not be one of the better of the 2015 class?

why would we want another team's trash?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually think a change of scenery might do Andy Dalton some good.

what makes you think that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andy Dalton is garbage without AJ Green

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I personally wouldn’t want to go after Dalton, just wanted to see what other peoples opinions were.

Please wait…

• bnjsnow

Participant

I think Dalton is a pretty good NFL QB, not an elite, but a playoff type QB, That said I like our guys…Love Mccowns leadership and think he will play well with an obvious upgrade in talent around him, (assuming he gets protection)..I think I like Glennon better than Dalton also (Especially factoring $$) to be honest..Like how Glennon played in year one, and truth be told I may have been influenced by Mccowns glowing remarks about his arm strength, ability, intelligence, and love for the game….in the short time they worked together…I like our guys...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Dalton is a pretty good NFL QB, not an elite, but a playoff type QB, That said I like our guys...Love Mccowns leadership and think he will play well with an obvious upgrade in talent around him, (assuming he gets protection)..I think I like Glennon better than Dalton also (Especially factoring $$) to be honest..Like how Glennon played in year one, and truth be told I may have been influenced by Mccowns glowing remarks about his arm strength, ability, intelligence, and love for the game....in the short time they worked together...I like our guys...

Ill buy him as a playoff type QB when he wins a playoff game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Andy Dalton is garbage without AJ Green

There are only five QBs in the league that aren't garbage without good receivers.  So this is not much of a knock.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Mike Glennon was one of those 5.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dalton’s problem is that he just tosses too many picks. His INT rate is among the worst in the league

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was thinking of this last night, Andy Dalton is a free agent after this season. Say McCown and Glennon both get their chances this year and both do not play very well, but our defense plays quite well. Andy Dalton has another okay season, and leads the Bengals to another 1st round exit in the playoffs. He isn't resigned though and say we are picking around the 10-15 region in the draft. Would you rather try to sign Dalton in FA or draft a QB who will not be one of the better of the 2015 class?

why would we want another team's trash?

Well we are a bottom feeder team haha. But seriously. No to Dalton.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

Jay Cutler played three seasons with the Broncos, and not once did they qualify for the play offs. His stats during that time were 9,024 yards, 54 TDs to 37 INTs, with a QB rating around 88. He started 37 games, going 2-3, 7-9, and 8-8. Compare that to Andy Dalton's first three seasons. He's thrown for 11,360 yards, 80 TDs and 49 INTs, with a QB rating of 85.5. Dalton has "led" his team to 9-7, 10-6, and 11-5. Three consecutive play off seasons. One division title. Now I am not going to suggest that we will trade for Dalton, like the Bears did when they traded for Cutler. But if Dalton becomes available in free agency, or is put on the trading block after failing to a play off game, and Lovie is still in need of a quarterback if the McCown-Glennon experiment fails, then I suppose it could be a possibility that the team could move for a quarterback that has helped his team make the play offs in every season of his NFL career to date. Sure Dalton is 0-3 in the play offs to date, but so were Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan before they finally won their first play off game in their fourth trip to the play offs. So while Dalton is not an elite quarterback, and may never become an elite quarterback, he is certainly a good starting quarterback. Perhaps in the right situation, he could take that next step. But I don't see the Bengals letting him go, nor us making a move for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jay Cutler played three seasons with the Broncos, and not once did they qualify for the play offs. His stats during that time were 9,024 yards, 54 TDs to 37 INTs, with a QB rating around 88. He started 37 games, going 2-3, 7-9, and 8-8. Compare that to Andy Dalton's first three seasons. He's thrown for 11,360 yards, 80 TDs and 49 INTs, with a QB rating of 85.5. Dalton has "led" his team to 9-7, 10-6, and 11-5. Three consecutive play off seasons. One division title. Now I am not going to suggest that we will trade for Dalton, like the Bears did when they traded for Cutler. But if Dalton becomes available in free agency, or is put on the trading block after failing to a play off game, and Lovie is still in need of a quarterback if the McCown-Glennon experiment fails, then I suppose it could be a possibility that the team could move for a quarterback that has helped his team make the play offs in every season of his NFL career to date. Sure Dalton is 0-3 in the play offs to date, but so were Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan before they finally won their first play off game in their fourth trip to the play offs. So while Dalton is not an elite quarterback, and may never become an elite quarterback, he is certainly a good starting quarterback. Perhaps in the right situation, he could take that next step. But I don't see the Bengals letting him go, nor us making a move for him.

Cutler and Dalton play receiver, d-line, kicker, corner AND coach the team? Wowzers. I never knew QB was the end all be all of a team's record -_-

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

Cutler and Dalton play receiver, d-line, kicker, corner AND coach the team? Wowzers. I never knew QB was the end all be all of a team's record -_-

I never claimed Cutler or Dalton were the only reason behind their team'a record. I simply pointed out the Broncos record with Cutler, and the Bengals with Dalton, to show a comparison between the two  since Lovie was the head coach when the Bears got Cutler.As for the QBs impact on a team, athe difference  between a good QB and a bad QB can be going 10-6 and making the play offs and going 6-10 and propping up your division.  It is true you need a good all round team to win, but generally teams without a top QB don't win much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never claimed Cutler or Dalton were the only reason behind their team'a record. I simply pointed out the Broncos record with Cutler, and the Bengals with Dalton, to show a comparison between the two  since Lovie was the head coach when the Bears got Cutler.As for the QBs impact on a team, athe difference  between a good QB and a bad QB can be going 10-6 and making the play offs and going 6-10 and propping up your division.  It is true you need a good all round team to win, but generally teams without a top QB don't win much.

Correlation  ? causationDalton is not someone you give a mega contract to. Yuck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Correlation  ? causationDalton is not someone you give a mega contract to. Yuck.

Flacco and Culter got huge deals. Dalton will likely get one too because while he's not THAT good the options you face if you do not have him are grim. Scarcity is a beotch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flacco and Culter got huge deals. Dalton will likely get one too because while he's not THAT good the options you face if you do not have him are grim. Scarcity is a beotch.

Exacto. I'd rather gamble in the draft than overpay for captain average haha

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.