Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• Kermit56

Participant

FBI finds no evidence that Trump and his allies were directly involved with organizing the violence of the Capitol riot: report

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-finds-no-evidence-trump-153636457.html

They also found little evidence of an organized plot to overturn the election results.
      “Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases,” said one former official.

• Anonymous

Inactive

FBI finds no evidence that Trump and his allies were directly involved with organizing the violence of the Capitol riot: report

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-finds-no-evidence-trump-153636457.html

They also found little evidence of an organized plot to overturn the election results.
      “Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases,” said one former official.

funny

just saw this come up in the cocoon

haven’t read yet, but my bet is that it does not live up to the hype and Kermit points out why in his first post:

directly involved

did anyone make that claim about Trump?

Not sure what you mean about “his allies” but there is definitely a claim linking Stone and Jones to the white supremacist side

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Another LOSS for Virgil and His Trash(D)Party!

Stunning DEFEAT!!

That’s the whole reason for the trash party’s 2nd Impeachymint.
      Pelosi, Virgil_Catfish, got played by CNN, MSNBC.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just a prediction, so probably worthless, but my guess is that the Congressional committee has something on Stone and Jones

I say that because the article buries the lede in favor of this COMPOUND quote:

“But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages.”

“and take hostages”

it goes onto say this though

“FBI investigators did find that cells of protesters, including followers of the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups, had aimed to break into the Capitol. But they found no evidence that the groups had serious plans about what to do if they made it inside, the sources said.”

So my guess is that Stone/Jones are feelign the heat on their link to “far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups” who absolutely are known to have conspired (40 charged) to break into the Capitol, as pointed out in this actual article:

“Prosecutors have filed conspiracy charges against 40 of those defendants, alleging that they engaged in some degree of planning before the attack. They alleged that one Proud Boy leader recruited members and urged them to stockpile bulletproof vests and other military-style equipment in the weeks before the attack and on Jan. 6 sent members forward with a plan to split into groups and make multiple entries to the Capitol.”

Stone trying to get out ahead of it

interested to watch it play out

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another LOSS for Virgil and His Trash(D)Party!

Stunning DEFEAT!!

That’s the whole reason for the trash party’s 2nd Impeachymint.
      Pelosi, Virgil_Catfish, got played by CNN, MSNBC.

speaking of the naked homeless guy masturbating in the street :-)

• Anonymous

Inactive

further down in the article

“Senior lawmakers have been briefed in detail on the results of the FBI’s investigation so far and find them credible, a Democratic congressional source said.”

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Got it… deflection, deflection, deflection, deflection.

• Biggs3535

Participant

funny

You mean the Twitter warrior lawyers had nothing to say about this report? Color me stunned.

Kermit56 wrote:
      directly involved

Sweet Geebus, this piece of shit has no shame. This reminds of the shameless “I never said hydro was bad” debacle.

• Anonymous

Inactive

funny

You mean the Twitter warrior lawyers had nothing to say about this report? Color me stunned.

Kermit56 wrote:
      directly involved

Sweet Geebus, this piece of shit has no shame. This reminds of the shameless “I never said hydro was bad” debacle.

There is never a “naked homeless guy” gif around when you need one

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys are actually ding dongs

This is ABC News reporting ….

In FEBRUARY

“ Perhaps the most obvious blind spot is what former President Donald Trump knew and what he did about it in real-time.”

Can you find any REPORTING that Trump was “directly involved”?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Imagine thinking this was win while there is an investigation currently ongoing.

Did we expect a smoking gun with Trump? Like a sharpie a circling a hurricanes path or something?

Trump always separates himself just enough from his scandals to feign plausible deniabilty.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Imagine thinking this was win while there is an investigation currently ongoing.

This and the burying of the lede is why I suggested more to it

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

What “investigation”?
      Surely you’re not talking about nancy pelosi’s thing??

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Much ado about nothing.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Much ado about nothing.

True. Nancy is much ado about nothing.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Much ado about nothing.

True. Nancy is much ado about nothing.

The whole topic of this thread is much ado about nothing.

I know you’re busy playing spin the bottle with your partner Scott Presler, but try and keep up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who knows if this is true, but IF true the timing is impeccable lol (see earlier post)

• Anonymous

Inactive

2nd report of sane thing

Abramson is a bit of a left nut, but he’s been following the really closely

• Anonymous

Inactive

This kind of reporting from today

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The yahoo article was also like 6 sentences so…

Not exactly compelling.

Let’s see what the investigation, that Republicans were invited to partake in but blocked, goes…

That’ll tell us the a more compelling and detailed accounts

• spartan

Participant

Didn’t know reuters were members of the coccoon?

http://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-capitol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/

After 8 months of profligating the big insurrection, the FBI state they have insufficient evidence of said insurrection and will not be charging anyone. And the response is?

“Steve Stone knows a Proud boy”

Well you got me there dude! F*ck, didn’t see that one coming!

Remind me again what the “big lie” was again?

• spartan

Participant

Who knows if this is true, but IF true the timing is impeccable lol (see earlier post)

Do you know why?

I am going to guess this question is going to spark a flurry of google work. But to save you a bit of time, I don’t know the guy and anyone involved in infowars is probably a butty short of a picnic, but because he shouted mean things at Jerry Nadler once he was subject to a court order that said he couldn’t go to Congress and shout mean things. He was seen on the steps of the House and that apparently is enough to breach the court order. Not exactly violent insurrection and revolution, but apparently more serious than say, burning and looting your local supermarket and warrants jail time. Whereas if he had burnt down and looted his local supermarket he would have been good to go.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Steve Stone knows a Proud boy”

Well you got me there dude! F*ck, didn’t see that one coming!

Spartan the Apologist

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Feel free to think what you like but the investigation is literally ongoing so…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I don’t think any serious person has ever says there was a direct link between Trump and the Capitol attack. Many have said his crew of pardoned criminals seem to be connected to the involve the of the 40 charged conspirators snd that the rally posted an obvious role

And obviously Trump did virtually nothing to stop

• Anonymous

Inactive

So this story – with the buried lede and the odd reference to Jones and Stone – came out the sane day this happened:

“ U.S. prosecutors have charged a Texas man who hosts a talk show tied to the conspiracy-theory website InfoWars with unlawfully breaching the U.S. Capitol grounds during the Jan. 6 riot by supporters of then-President Donald Trump.”

Seems like someone was trying to get out ahead of the story with that compound defense.

• spartan

Participant

“ U.S. prosecutors have charged a Texas man who hosts a talk show tied to the conspiracy-theory website InfoWars with unlawfully breaching the U.S. Capitol grounds during the Jan. 6 riot by supporters of then-President Donald Trump.”

Note “Capital Grounds”, not THE CAPITAL. As I said, he was seen on the steps of Congress. I don’t want to arbitrarily defend the guy, but the time doesn’t seem to match the crime here. I think I read 6 months for being in the general vicinity. I also read at no time did this guy even attempt to enter the building.

Many have said his crew of pardoned criminals seem to be connected to the involve the of the 40 charged conspirators

For wont of pointing out the obvious, if there was no organized insurrection there can’t be an conspiracy. I also note it is being referred to as a riot now. Curious.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Yeah I don’t think any serious person has ever says there was a direct link between Trump and the Capitol attack. Many have said his crew of pardoned criminals seem to be connected to the involve the of the 40 charged conspirators snd that the rally posted an obvious role

And obviously Trump did virtually nothing to stop

Yeah, you’re right about the “no serious” person stuff. But those non-serious people include you, Mr. Mayor, much of your media brethren, and countless other dingleberries who shouted for months about “Trump inciting and leading the iNsuReCtIoN!!!!!” Hell, the Democrats and some Republicans impeached him for it.

Shameless sack of shit.

• Anonymous

Inactive

if there was no organized insurrection there can’t be an conspiracy.

This makes me wonder about your understanding of the world because you’re saying contradictory things.

I say that because of your prior parroting Tucker Carlson on the BOGUS claims about an indictment that included “unidicted CO-Conspirators.” I said then that Carlson was wrong because the reference is to CONSPIRATORS who have flipped. The point though is that it’s been well known for a long time that there are already INDICTED conspirators.

Multiple people have been charged already with conspiracy ..THATS THE POINT.. they are connected to Stone. That’s why I said the article read like someone connected to Stone and Jones trying to get out in front by saying, in essence, “yeah we may have broken in, but we never intended to kidnap anyone.”

That why I guessed that the Reuters article was them trying to get out in front

I may be wrong about that but the timing of the arrest of the InfoWars guy suggest I may not be. It doesn’t matter that it was for being on the grounds. In fact, if anything his arrest on a relatively low level charge is consistent with prosecutors trying to flip him

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trump inciting and leading the iNsuReCtIoN!!!!!”

Honestly, you don’t speak English?

Lol

You’re not even making a point because of your word choices. The word inciting would be indirect, not an actor just encouraging

I am guessing that’s why you through in “leading” but it’s undisputed that he called for the march BUT STAYED BEHIND

man…

• Anonymous

Inactive

• FireLicht2020

Participant

If you’re reading to crown this a victory when the FBI director hasn’t made an official statement, then that’s your call…

And one I’ll point to later on when we know more

• spartan

Participant

This makes me wonder about your understanding of the world because you’re saying contradictory things.

How?

My comment here is a logical conclusion based solely on the reporting in multiple outlets. That is, the FBI have found “scant” evidence of an organized plot to formulate an insurrection. If there is no organized plot, you can’t exactly conspire to have one.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Think you guys are jumping the gun on this… nothing official or concrete. Just a “source” and opinion piece.

Loosely defined terms…

Silly

• Anonymous

Inactive

these are two different things:

if there was no organized insurrection there can’t be an conspiracy.

FBI have found “scant” evidence of an organized plot to formulate an insurrection. If there is no organized plot, you can’t exactly conspire to have one.

1) There is already a well-establish conspiracy to attack the Capitol. 40 people charged and as I said you and your buddies should know that because you and your buddies tried to claim that an indictment using the phrase “unindicted co-conspirator” was “proof” the FBI set people up (lol). Note the PHRASE unindicted CO . . . CO . . as in more than 1 (the very definition of a conspiracy).

2) the word insurrection means an attack against the government (“an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government), so there was an insurrection and it was a conspiracy. (and Stone and Jones were very likely involved, hence the story)

3) the report on the FBI – which I have suggested has all the earmarks of Jones/Stone trying to get out ahead of it — does not say (your words) “FBI have found “scant” evidence of an organized plot to formulate an insurrection’ it says:

“The FBI has found little evidence that the Capitol riot was a planned and coordinated effort to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.”

“scant” evidence (if true) that the conspiracy was formed to overturn the election, as opposed to just storm the Capitol.

4) so, its beyond any dispute that there was a conspiracy because 40 people have been charge, there has been open reporting of the PLANNING to storm the Capitol, but you’re conflating that with evidence of what their motive might have been (overturn the election).

To be precise AND POINT OUT MY OWN ERROR (if this report is factual), there’s scant evidence of an organized COUP attempt at the Capitol. If the story is true (see Fire’s warnings) the people who stormed the Capitol on January 6th were likely organized by Trump surrogate, Stone, but its entirely possible that the conspiracy was just to storm the Capitol in protest, not to actually, for example, hang Mike Pence lol

Separately, there’s ample evidence of Trump himself engaged in what would be called a “soft coupo,” that is, trying to overturn the government through legal means;

“A soft coup, sometimes referred to as a silent coup, is a coup d’état without the use of violence, but based on a conspiracy or plot that has as its objective the taking of state power by partially or wholly legal means, in order to facilitate an exchange of political leadership”

I predicted that the story is out because of Jones/Stone

I said that because of the buried lede and weird comment about Stone/Jones

the arrest of the Jones buddy suggests I may have gotten lucky with my guess

but we will all have to wait and see

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

More deflection by the Board LoserftgDem Windbags…

dum dums #1 & 2

• Anonymous

Inactive

I predicted that the story is out because of Jones/Stone

I said that because of the buried lede and weird comment about Stone/Jones

weird timing, huh?

Roger Stone plans to sue ABC News for $25 million over Jan. 6 articles

“I can’t wait to have their reporters under oath in a courtroom,” Stone said on the conspiracy site Infowars

and here he is . . . using the article

“”I got a call telling me that there was a Reuters story,” Stone began. “Reuters, a quite credible national news organization, a step above some of the other corporate outlets, in which a senior FBI official was quoted as saying that they have found no evidence whatsoever that either Roger Stone or Alex Jones were involved in any way in coordinating the so-called insurrection on Jan. 6.””

ROFLMAO

• Anonymous

Inactive

as Fire keeps pointing out the investigation is ongoing

Typically, but not always, when this kind of campaign occurs BEFORE the results of the investigation . .its an effort to shape what’s coming.

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Investigation??
        Is that what you’re calling the thing that nancy pelosi is heading?

Capital police, under pelosi’s guidance, will not be releasing ANY video.
        The only video used in phony investigation will be video approved by Pelosi. That’s not how American justice works.
        Also, she’s loaded the “committee” (jury) with people with known biases.
        That’s not how American justice works.

Sham effort.
        Just like the disgusting Trash(D)Party’s impeachymints.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I posted last week that some of you Trumpers still believe the Big Lie

Count you in that group, @Spartan ?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

They tried to form a bi-partisan committee, and you damn well know, but the Republicans who stand to lose the most from anything shining on Jan 6th of course tried to block it so dolts like you can claim the committee is now “biased”.

Easily conned people like chron will fall for this narrative but anyone following along knows that the Republicans are hiding something.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

its almost if the timing was related . . .

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Nah, Trump won. Yahoo said so… this is nothing

• Anonymous

Inactive

can you now see how your are being played?

• Anonymous

Inactive

In case you missed it

“McCarthy told his hometown TV news that the FBI and Senate committees have investigated Jan. 6 and cleared Trump of any culpability.”

• Kermit56

Participant

Nope

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope

exactly

• Kermit56

Participant

lol

• jbear

Participant

Trump always separates himself just enough from his scandals to feign plausible deniabilty.

LOL

• FireLicht2020

Participant

“Lol” isn’t a point…

Just reminding you since you say it so much

• spartan

Participant

I posted last week that some of you Trumpers still believe the Big Lie

Count you in that group, @Spartan ?

I will refer you back to my previous answers to this question.

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.