Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 77 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Visiting. Both sides motivated to get a deal done.

Welcome to the bucs ab84!!!

• FinkleisEinhorn

Participant

Blatantly misleading title

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Visiting. Both sides motivated to get a deal done.

Welcome to the bucs ab84!!!

He won’t leave tampa without a deal.

Book it.

• TBChucky

Participant

• welzboy409

Participant

Jaydon mickeys y’all cmon

Of course sign AB

• FinkleisEinhorn

Participant

The odds are certainly looking that way, but did we learn nothing with Favre?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

99% done according to Rick Stroud

• TURBO

Participant

Piece of shit, I want nothing to do with him…

So hard to root for guys like this…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Done. Signed.

Yessir!

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I would like to kind of put this in perspective, if you had said after the 2019 season the Bucs would have Brady, Gronk, Fournette, and AB for 2020 how excited would you have been?

• seekpar

Participant

BHM

Big

Huge

Mistake

• theknees

Participant

Okay. Now all bets are off. I don’t see the benefit of bringing him in? Really weird.

• FLASH

Participant

So this is what it takes to bring your ass out of hiding? How the hell are you, turbo?

• seekpar

Participant

Will he find a pewter helmet that works for him?

Will he keep his cell phone in his locker after the games?

Will he keep his clothes on and his hands to himself while his decorator is making his Tampa home nice?

Will he avoid whatever other transgressions I can’t remember for the moment?

Embarrassed to be a Bucs fans right now.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

None of the off the field issues are of anyone’s concern on this here message board.

Can he play on the field? Hell yes.

Let the players and coaches sort out the other stuff. We have Brady running the locker room now, not crab legs.

No risk, huge reward.

• Timbuc2

Participant

In my opinion if we didn’t sign Brown, he would have either went to Seattle or the Saints. Would we really want him going to the Saints? Only so they can win the division again? Why is it ok for other top teams to keep amassing talent while we sit back and analyze all day why we are afraid to have a “bad locker room?” I am sorry but I consider us to be a top level team, the way that we are playing now. Evans and Godwin are nowhere near 100% and what if they “never” truly get back there during the course of the season? O.J. is lost for the year and while the young guys are playing hard, I feel a lot better with a vet like Brown for Brady to mix in. If Licht hadn’t signed him and he went to the Saints and shined, people would roast Licht like always! Look, I want another ring this year! I don’t know about anyone else but that’s the way that I feel and I refuse to over analyze Brown’s signing. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will figure it out and make it work and I will be the proud fan watching and cheering them on! If it works it works. If it doesn’t at least we showed the nation that we went down swinging for the fences!

• Timbuc2

Participant

Embarrassed? Please tell us how you felt all of these previous years, except the early 2000s!

• Watchman

Participant

Assuming Evans and Godwin are active on game day is AB WR3?

It is the “winning the offseason” vibe continuing into the season.

• TURBO

Participant

So this is what it takes to bring your ass out of hiding? How the hell are you, turbo?

Great, thanks for asking FLASH, how the hell are you old pal?

• buc-in-out

Participant

Fucking PILE ON TEAM LETS BUY A CHAMPIONSHIP!!! What’s Kevin Durant doing let’s sign him too.

Don’t know how anyone can be upset with this move. AB still has a lot left in the tank, his contract is incentive-laden, and BRADY is gonna keep him under control.

Brady, Gronk, M1k3, Godwin, AB, Fournette and Rojo…. hahahahahhaahahaha

Let’s not forget, the SB is in Tampa this year folks.

• Sello

Participant

This move had to happen if were serious bout superbowl…miller and watson are garbage!! Not even sure bout this scotty miller love…kid falls down to make every catch…if its a bad ball hes not even in position to defend against int

• Redrum

Participant

I’m pumped. I think he will get along great with the locker room and coaches. I’d much rather have him than let Wilson get him. As long as Smith holds up and we don’t get injuries we are loaded. If he doesn’t fit in he will be banned from facilities and it will be a nothingburger. Lotto ticket with nothing to lose.

• Roy

Participant

I would like to kind of put this in perspective, if you had said after the 2019 season the Bucs would have Brady, Gronk, Fournette, and AB for 2020 how excited would you have been?

Obviously Brady was the big fish. But it began with Suh. He was the first big time free agent who surprised the NFL world by signing with the lowly Buccaneers.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

and BRADY is gonna keep him under control.

How’d that work out the last time he played with Brady?

• Barnz1

Participant

AB will replace Cyril Grayson on the active roster. The track star who has no business being on a 53 roster. He will take Scotty Miller’s snaps who while improved has been banged up, has offered us nothing the last couple games and in all due respect is not close to AB as a player and never will be.

The deal is likely minimum value with incentives. At the first sign of trouble he will be gone. The locker room has great leaders in it and will pull him in to line or get rid of him if not. Anyone who hates this move is crazy.

• buc-in-out

Participant

AB’s ability to create instant separation, go deep, make contested catches, YAC, his hands and route running.. hes Edelman on steroids.

For BA to bring him in after saying he wasn’t interested in the slightest earlier in the off season tells me AB’s turned a page. He’s kept his mouth shut on social media, stayed out of the headlines, he’s signed an incentive-laden contract.

What’s not to like? Where’s the risk? AND we get him to start against the Saints at home? Sign me up.

• mdarby215

Participant

It’s time….it’s time…to float like a butterfly and sting like AB!!! Who remembers him showing up to Raiders training camp in a hot air balloon? Say what you want…but…the man brings it EVERY SINGLE SNAP!! I like the signing. No risk it…no biscuit. We have a good young base of talent. Why not go for it this year?

• Watchman

Participant

What was the last “dream team” that won a SB?

Still, you got Brady for two years, I guess you might as well throw everything at it trying to win a ring.

• ABuccsFan

Participant

Holy crap. It’s TURBO.

“For a brief, shining moment in history a select breed truly lived free.”…….Unkown

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

No risk it, no biscuit!

• FLASH

Participant

Doing well. I sent you an email a few months ago to the old email address I had for you but never heard back. I think you were on another Bucs message board at one time, right? I would send you a private message on this board but I don’t see that option. They must have removed it.

• BucBalla85

Participant

No doubt Brady made this happen. BA said zero chance that happens before the season started. Look at it now.. That and I dont think we wanted to see the Saint or Seahawks pick him up. I have my doubts on whether the dude still has it or not all that’s transpired since leaving pitt is trouble. Won’t be shocked if we continue to see more trouble. Just hope its trouble for the opposite defense and not our own trouble.

• Mic

Participant

If he can return some punts he gives a good boost to our special teams

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Assuming Evans and Godwin are active on game day is AB WR3?

It is the “winning the offseason” vibe continuing into the season.

Godwin has always been most effective in the slot.

Especially down OJ bucs primarily run 3 WR sets anyway.

• buc-in-out

Participant

The last time he was with Brady, the damage was already done. It was a full offseason of shenanigans.

The fact that BA’s changed his tune should mean that AB’s come to his senses. He was a very humble All-Pro 6th round pick for quite a few years before he went crazy.

I’m sure he has CTE from that vicious dirty hit from Vontaze Burfict in the playoffs 4 years ago or so.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I agree with that psycho VonCraze Burfict hit. That sent him into the abyss.

But I think the receivers are more banged up than what we know, or there is legit concern that their effectiveness might be diminished as a result. BA said that the only way they would consider AB is if such a scenario came to fruition…with Miller, Evans, Godwin, and Watson all hampered by their injuries, this made sense. If he keeps his mouth shut this will be a big acquisition. AB might be the best receiver on the team right now. And that is impressive considering the stud stable the Bucs have…

The last time he was with Brady, the damage was already done. It was a full offseason of shenanigans.

The fact that BA’s changed his tune should mean that AB’s come to his senses. He was a very humble All-Pro 6th round pick for quite a few years before he went crazy.

I’m sure he has CTE from that vicious dirty hit from Vontaze Burfict in the playoffs 4 years ago or so.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Would love to see the the Saints message board thinks of the signing. They have to be pissed

• TURBO

Participant

Doing well. I sent you an email a few months ago to the old email address I had for you but never heard back. I think you were on another Bucs message board at one time, right? I would send you a private message on this board but I don’t see that option. They must have removed it.

I wonder if that email went to the junk or something? Great to see a couple familiar names here. Not many, but it’s been years…

• BP1

Participant

I wonder if that email went to the junk or something? Great to see a couple familiar names here. Not many, but it’s been years…

OMG it’s Turbo! Do you remember me? We have not seen you on PR in what seems like years. I hope you are here to stay. Even Flash doesn’t post much on here anymore. We might be the last of the old ESPN boards gang. It was so much fun back then when we won the Super Bowl. Remember all the Eagles trolls that season? Hard to believe I was only 16 back then lol. Good news is my love for the Bucs has always been true.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He was the KISS fan. It’s been a while Turbo! Even Dalbic haunts this place occasionally…

OMG it’s Turbo! Do you remember me? We have not seen you on PR in what seems like years. I hope you are here to stay. Even Flash doesn’t post much on here anymore. We might be the last of the old ESPN boards gang. It was so much fun back then when we won the Super Bowl. Remember all the Eagles trolls that season? Hard to believe I was only 16 back then lol. Good news is my love for the Bucs has always been true.

• BP1

Participant

He was the KISS fan. It’s been a while Turbo! Even Dalbic haunts this place occasionally…

Yes Boid he loves his KISS lol. Boid were you on the old ESPN boards or do I just know you from here?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Here.

Yes Boid he loves his KISS lol. Boid were you on the old ESPN boards or do I just know you from here?

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Here is a video of when Brady and Brown met yesterday.Brown shows he still has speed at the end.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You guys hating on AB will be grateful he is here soon enough…

• Roy

Participant

AB will replace Cyril Grayson on the active roster. The track star who has no business being on a 53 roster. He will take Scotty Miller’s snaps who while improved has been banged up, has offered us nothing the last couple games and in all due respect is not close to AB as a player and never will be.

The deal is likely minimum value with incentives. At the first sign of trouble he will be gone. The locker room has great leaders in it and will pull him in to line or get rid of him if not. Anyone who hates this move is crazy.

Is this a no risk proposition? In basic Economics its called “opportunity cost”, the next best option you didn’t choose. Hate to be the Debbie Doubter, but here’s the thing, @Barnz1 and others. The Bucs needed to add a solid veteran WR. Evans, Godwin and Miller are all banged up and Gronkowski shouldn’t be overused. Its obvious that the season is taking its toll on the receivers, and Watson and Johnson are decent depth guys but nothing special. We needed to add a veteran WR whether that was Brown or another player.

Well the trade deadline is November 3rd and Antonio Brown’s first game will be on November 8th. So by the time this situation sorts itself out it will be too late to go in a different direction. There are going to be other less glamorous options out there which would come with their own cost in salary cap and draft pick.

So there are two risks in signing Brown. 1) Brown. 2) The opportunity cost which is whatever the best choice who we didn’t pursue. And it will be too late to do anything else.

• Pennywise

Participant

Antonio Brown’s one-year deal with Tampa has a max value of $2.5 million, per source. It includes a $750,000 bonus for a Super Bowl win, and three $250,000 bonuses — one for receptions, one for yards and one for TDs. The remaining $1 million is in base salary and roster bonuses.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

Brown is a TERRIBLE human being.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

This move could actually cost us a Super Bowl, assuming we got to it. The Bucs have done a great job creating a great locker room with good character guys. Now we added the biggest cancer in all of football. I know the Bucs have tried to let Brady influence some of our moves, but this was one that Arians should’ve put his foot down and said NO. Brown is 100% not worth the headache. Injuries to our WRs have been a problem, but Brady has not been sharp at all.

• Nobody

Participant

Brady has not been sharp?

What?

LEAGUE LEADER IN BIG TIME THROWS (20, with Wilson # 2 at 19)

#10 AVERAGE DEPTH OF TARGET 9.3 YARDS

(ONLY) 3 TURNOVER WORTHY PLAYS

# 3 PFF GRADE

# 7 FBO DVOA

# 1 in NFL in DPI yardage (and these were all dimes…and those would-be numbers don’t inflate his gross stats and don’t go into that FBO DVOA rating or any other metric).

Brady has the most Deep Completions in the league and the most Big Time Throws.

Despite that, he has the 3rd lowest Time to Throw in the league at only 2.44 seconds…proving (a) that Sacks are mostly a QB stat and (b) that you don’t have to hold the ball disproportionately in a downfield passing game. If you make the correct pre-snap read and throw the ball on time, you’re getting the ball out relatively quickly, regardless of the depth of throw (that TD Fade to Gronk was out inside of 1.5 seconds).

All of this despite the fact that his receiving core has (a) been hugely injured and (b) has not played well (we are top 3 in the league in Drops and those aren’t inconsequential Drops…3 are huge long TD plays and the others are either 3rd down conversions or huge down and distance-damaging drops).

And none of this touches the many Run Checks he’s made on several of our big Run Game Wins.

The idea that Brady has been anything beyond elite and a titanic upgrade at the QB position is absolutely in complete defiance of what is happening on the field.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Wow. Good post.

What?

# 3 PFF GRADE

# 7 FBO DVOA

# 1 in NFL in DPI yardage (and these were all dimes…and those would-be numbers don’t inflate his gross stats and don’t go into that FBO DVOA rating or any other metric).

Despite that, he has the 3rd lowest Time to Throw in the league at only 2.44 seconds…proving (a) that Sacks are mostly a QB stat and (b) that you don’t have to hold the ball disproportionately in a downfield passing game. If you make the correct pre-snap read and throw the ball on time, you’re getting the ball out relatively quickly, regardless of the depth of throw (that TD Fade to Gronk was out inside of 1.5 seconds).

All of this despite the fact that his receiving core has (a) been hugely injured and (b) has not played well (we are top 3 in the league in Drops and those aren’t inconsequential Drops…3 are huge long TD plays and the others are either 3rd down conversions or huge down and distance-damaging drops).

And none of this touches the many Run Checks he’s made on several of our big Run Game Wins.

The idea that Brady has been anything beyond elite and a titanic upgrade at the QB position is absolutely in complete defiance of what is happening on the field.

• notabucsfan

Participant

Moves like this solidify to me that the Kap stuff is bullshit and the reason he isn’t singed is just because he is terrible quarterback or refuses to sign for a small contract. These execs only care about winning and if you can help them win they will sign you regardless of your baggage. AB has legit showed repeatedly how terrible of a person he is.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Antonio Brown’s one-year deal with Tampa has a max value of $2.5 million, per source. It includes a $750,000 bonus for a Super Bowl win, and three $250,000 bonuses — one for receptions, one for yards and one for TDs. The remaining $1 million is in base salary and roster bonuses.

It appears there is no guaranteed money / signing bonus so if he starts acting out, like some say he will do, he can be waived.

• Pennywise

Participant

Yep, bruce was asked what he will tell AB this week…bruce said,for him to be a team player or he is out of there.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I have to think that Brown is coming in here motivated out of his mind. I think he’s delusional and a liar but he undoubtedly believes that he’s “targeted” and a “victim”.

And he’s going to want to do right by his boy Brady. Brown has never been a team player but if there is a year where he is going to work his tail off for a Championship it’s this year. He wants to get his payback on the league & prove his “haters” & critics wrong.

• TURBO

Participant

I have to think that Brown is coming in here motivated out of his mind. I think he’s delusional and a liar but he undoubtedly believes that he’s “targeted” and a “victim”.

And he’s going to want to do right by his boy Brady. Brown has never been a team player but if there is a year where he is going to work his tail off for a Championship it’s this year. He wants to get his payback on the league & prove his “haters” & critics wrong.

You can’t possibly know that until we see him in action.

Dude is a total and complete tool, no one really knows what makes this clown tick, and the way he acted, he is just a trainwreck waiting to happen.

I hope he has his shit together mentally, but the first sign of him coming off the rails, I hope we dump him.

• seekpar

Participant

Alright, so AB81 is officially signed and on board. Let’s all hope he doesn’t fuck up this opportunity!

• creamsicles

Participant

I want AB (like all of our players) to succeed and think he will. We have speed, but he brings needed quickness and supreme route running. Brady is a technician when players hit their spots. I’d also make AB our returner.

All that said, we don’t need AB to last the entire season. If he contributes for 4-6 weeks and we use that time to get our receivers healthy, he’ll have served a fantastic purpose… even if he later melts down and we cut him.

• knucknbuc

Participant

bruce arians has made it abundantly clear ab need to be as quiet as a church mouse when he gets here. not a direct quote but he said something like “mike never bitches he didnt catch a ball until the fourth quarter,chris is the same way gronk too if he does its gonna be a problem”. I like this already establish it as its a team and if you start throwing tantrums about targets your done here. your basically our 3rd – 4th guy. Im sure arians has also said it to his face already. good to set expectations for this guy you aint catching 100 balls here with 150 targets.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Like someone was saying keep him off social media and away from women. Might want to add landlords in their for good measure. Should be good to go.

• theknees

Participant

What?

# 3 PFF GRADE

# 7 FBO DVOA

Lolz.

• Nobody

Participant

I agree with “Lolz.”

After Sunday increase all of that above by a lot (he’s now # 2 DVOA, just behind Mahomes).

• Tyler

Participant

You can’t possibly know that until we see him in action.

Dude is a total and complete tool, no one really knows what makes this clown tick, and the way he acted, he is just a trainwreck waiting to happen.

I hope he has his shit together mentally, but the first sign of him coming off the rails, I hope we dump him.

Brady has actually been in a locker room with him before. Brady knows more then any of us how Brown behaves in the locker room. Brady also wants that next ring more then anything. He left the patriots to win another ring.

My point is do you think for a single second he would allow this to happen if he thought it jeopardizes his chance at getting that next ring? Absolutely not, in fact it’s clear he thinks this enhances his chances.

• Tyler

Participant

What?

# 3 PFF GRADE

# 7 FBO DVOA

Amazing post. Spot on.

• dalbuc

Participant

I mean sure but other than all that he’s been terrible right…….

What?

# 3 PFF GRADE

# 7 FBO DVOA

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Brady is trying to prove he can win without Bill and he is more than a system QB.

• kenntak

Participant

By comparison Cam Newton is ranked 29th in DYAR (Brady is 2nd). The NE system is not working for him yet.

• Darktanian

Participant

Brady is trying to prove he can win without Bill and he is more than a system QB.

That is spot on.

Any critic of Brady can throw out the nonsense that he was a system QB, but so far Brady is proving to everyone, including his critics that he truly is the GOAT.

If the Bucs win the super bowl, or even go to the super bowl, it will be a testament of Brady’s football greatness. His legacy will be enshrined in stone…or should I say the rock.

• Bucman

Participant

BB held Brady back

• Boid Fink

Participant

Everyone says BB is the reason why the Pats were great…and he was definitely a huge part of their winning. But the guy is a defensive coordinator deluxe. Maybe he was great because he used a lot of money on the defense (making his job easier) and let Brady work with scraps because he knew Brady could make chicken salad out of chicken crap…🤷🏻‍♂️

BB held Brady back

• TCB2W!

Participant

BHM

Big

Huge

Mistake

Okay. Now all bets are off. I don’t see the benefit of bringing him in? Really weird.

Will he keep his clothes on and his hands to himself while his decorator is making his Tampa home nice?

This move could actually cost us a Super Bowl, assuming we got to it. The Bucs have done a great job creating a great locker room with good character guys. Now we added the biggest cancer in all of football. I know the Bucs have tried to let Brady influence some of our moves, but this was one that Arians should’ve put his foot down and said NO. Brown is 100% not worth the headache. Injuries to our WRs have been a problem, but Brady has not been sharp at all.

Thanks to Donkey for reminding me of these takes. Yes, I am bored at work. Why do you ask?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Oh yeah. I remember. I also remember when I first suggested AB as DEPTH, everyone shit on that idea and some called me names which I had to answer back with insults as well. Turns out depth is a great thing.

BHM

Big

Huge

Mistake

Thanks to Donkey for reminding me of these takes. Yes, I am bored at work. Why do you ask?

• Biggs3535

Participant

Love these old bumps.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You are definitely the best at them. Always have been. Your memory is razor sharp bro.

Love these old bumps.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Picked him in fantasy and started him week 1. Had a feeling he would have a good first game. No idea why.

• TBChucky

Participant

He could very well end up as our leading receiver this season.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Good bump. I wouldn’t have changed anything I posted.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yup. Yup. Yup.

You guys hating on AB will be grateful he is here soon enough…

Viewing 77 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.