Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• mdbuc

Participant

I’ve been pondering what positions we should fill with our luxury draft. With our first two picks I’d like to see us target an OLB and a CB. Our secondary is young and we don’t know what we have yet with Davis, SMB, and Dean. I’d love to see a fourth guy get thrown into the mix with the gravediggers on a cheap deal.

What are your thoughts in general about drafting a DB so early? And who would you be comfortable getting at DB at 32 and 64?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I really think given the age/contract status on defensive line, edge, we should focus 2 of the top 3 picks on Edge and defensive line.

JPP, Suh, and Gholston are all free agents next year and who knows when they will “Fall off”. I think it’s likely at least 2 out of the 3, if not all 3, will be gone after 2021 season. Of the three, we should covet JPP most.

Vea coming off injury and with Barrett we are hoping he is more of the guy in Tampa than the guy in Denver. See no reason why he wont continue to be a stud but that should be in the back of Jason’s mind.

I dont really like any of our depth here as maybe Nelson being the only one with potential.

as far as secondary, i think we are pretty much set. I could see us drafting a safety or cornerback for depth but really dont see anything higher than 4th round in the secondary.

2020 – S Antoine Winfield, second round<br /><br />
      2019 – CB Sean Bunting – second round, Jamel Dean – third round, S Mike Edwards – third round<br /><br />
      2018 – CB MJ Stewart – second round, CB Carlton Davis – second round, S Jordan Whitehead – 4th round

EDIT: Forgot to mention the draft capital spent on Vernon Hargreaves in addition to MJ Stewart miss.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Newsome for where we are picking. I think we’ll go IOL or Edge defender.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I reject any notion of ignoring positions simply because of previous draft investment when they have mostly not panned out. It’s like we tried, let’s go ahead and give up there now?

• tiapanda

Participant

I don’t see the Bucs drafting a CB in the 1st round. They are high on Herb Miller who looked good at the end of the season.

• BucsSavant

Participant

I reject any notion of ignoring positions simply because of previous draft investment when they have mostly not panned out. It’s like we tried, let’s go ahead and give up there now?

I would agree with this notion, with a strong exception for this regime being kicker :)

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I would agree with this notion, with a strong exception for this regime being kicker :)

Given how they played In the playoffs how would you say dean bunting and Davis haven’t panned out ?

• BucsSavant

Participant

Said nothing of the sort

Given how they played In the playoffs how would you say dean bunting and Davis haven’t panned out ?

• Barnz1

Participant

Don’t think we will be taking a DB early unless of the top prospects expected to go top 15-20 falls to 32. Nor should we when there are much more obvious needs in the trenches. This is a trench draft.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Don’t think we will be taking a DB early unless of the top prospects expected to go top 15-20 falls to 32. Nor should we when there are much more obvious needs in the trenches. This is a trench draft.

Agreed, edge or trench all the way

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

I reject the notion that if a player does well for a small stretch of games that means they have turned a corner and will play at that level going forward, eg. look at what somebody did in the playoffs.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I reject the notion that if a player does well for a small stretch of games that means they have turned a corner and will play at that level going forward, eg. look at what somebody did in the playoffs.

what about the notion of how the defense looked with Vita Vea in the line-up?

Secondary wont be good with a poor defensive line pressure.

I think we have 3 solid corners with potential. Unless you are going to add a proven presence, i dont see how adding another inexperienced rookie with help unless some top 10 stud falls to us for some reason.

I’m not against it, as Winfield JR was a cant miss, but just saying i’m more concerned with the depth in front 7 as opposed to the depth in the secondary.

• dexmonkey

Participant

while i do not want to spend a DB pick in the first rounds i would entertain the thought of Asante Samuel JR at 64 if hes still there, which i doubt. SMB was a liability most of last season at Nickel and somehow made some plays in the playoffs but he was abysmal in the regular season for long stretches. Samuel plays like his dad and could be an upgrade for sure

that being said id rather see an Edge player, DL, OG/OC or even an OT prospect first. probably even a linebacker as well to add some depth and safety since David is well over 30 at this point

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

If Newsome or ASjr are on the board the Bucs run up their card. That is a no brainer.

Build the trenches!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Elijah Molding looks solid.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.