Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

Two 50 plus yard field goals with leg to spare…Welcome home Kyle!There is a permanent locker where that Wright fella once kept his stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah…that pretty much guarantees he makes the team. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t the kicker. They traded for him and he comes in and booms two 50+ yard FGs and can kick deep on kickoffs. Barth and Murray weren’t known for the longest leg on kickoffs…which is why the punter was doing it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But it was Tim Wright!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schum & Brindza; our new Kicking Firm…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe L&L know something after all

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schum & Brindza; our new Kicking Firm...

Has a nice ring to it!

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Yea they looked good. Barth is toast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did I hear right during the game where they said Kyle Brindza was born with a club foot? Is it his kicking foot?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Did I hear right during the game where they said Kyle Brindza was born with a club foot? Is it his kicking foot?

Remember that saint kicker, was it Dempsey?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay here is the story from the ND website. WOW!Ask University of Notre Dame kicker Kyle Brindza what he remembers most about his childhood and it's not playing football with his buddies or kicking a soccer ball around the schoolyard. Not hardly."I was always at Shriner's Hospital, always having surgery, being pushed around in a stroller by my mother," Brindza says. "That's what I most remember about growing up."Brindza was born with clubfoot, a birth defect that causes a baby's foot or feet to be twisted out of shape or position. In Brindza's case, his right foot -- eventually his kicking foot -- was twisted inward so badly he underwent several surgeries between the time he was six months old and sixth grade to correct the abnormality. So many surgeries, in fact, Brindza lost count. "I think it was seven or eight," he says.Brindza's mother, Tiffany, said her son's deformity was so bad Kyle essentially had no heel on his right foot and it appeared as if the side of his foot was attached directly to the bottom of his calf.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Okay here is the story from the ND website. WOW!Ask University of Notre Dame kicker Kyle Brindza what he remembers most about his childhood and it's not playing football with his buddies or kicking a soccer ball around the schoolyard. Not hardly."I was always at Shriner's Hospital, always having surgery, being pushed around in a stroller by my mother," Brindza says. "That's what I most remember about growing up."Brindza was born with clubfoot, a birth defect that causes a baby's foot or feet to be twisted out of shape or position. In Brindza's case, his right foot -- eventually his kicking foot -- was twisted inward so badly he underwent several surgeries between the time he was six months old and sixth grade to correct the abnormality. So many surgeries, in fact, Brindza lost count. "I think it was seven or eight," he says.Brindza's mother, Tiffany, said her son's deformity was so bad Kyle essentially had no heel on his right foot and it appeared as if the side of his foot was attached directly to the bottom of his calf.

Good for him I will be pulling for him even more now.Thanks for posting sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sir?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sir?

LOL Peanut was calling me dude a few days ago on a thread. I'm not sure if he is joking or what because he has known me on PR for a time now.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

sir?

LOL Peanut was calling me dude a few days ago on a thread. I'm not sure if he is joking or what because he has known me on PR for a time now.

Oh shit my bad.I didnt know you were a member of the fairer sex.My apologies no dis intended.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bash the trade? I can’t recall anyone doing that (but I could be wrong). I certainly was on board for the move. Tonight’s success aside, you just can’t have your kicker missing multiple 30 yard FGs and multiple extra point attempts over the span of two games.But it was good to see the new guy showcase his ability to flat out boot the ball and still retain accuracy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sir?

Oh (censored) my bad.I didnt know you were a member of the fairer sex.My apologies no dis intended.

No problem. You must have forgotten. I try to fit in just like one of the guys. Feel free to cuss or whatever.  ;D

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

sir?

Oh (censored) my bad.I didnt know you were a member of the fairer sex.My apologies no dis intended.

No problem. You must have forgotten. I try to fit in just like one of the guys. Feel free to cuss or whatever.  ;D

I am old so if you told me before sorry. Plus I been bending the elbow a little tonight to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bash the trade? I can't recall anyone doing that (but I could be wrong). I certainly was on board for the move. Tonight's success aside, you just can't have your kicker missing multiple 30 yard FGs and multiple extra point attempts over the span of two games.But it was good to see the new guy showcase his ability to flat out boot the ball and still retain accuracy.

Some people don't know just how hard it is to place kick. I played college soccer and would hang with the kickers now and then when they were working out. They were kind enough to show me how to place kick. Let's just say I missed way more than I made.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sir?

I am old so if you told me before sorry. Plus I been bending the elbow a little tonight to.

LOL It's all good.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember that saint kicker, was it Dempsey?

Tom Dempsey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bash the trade? I can't recall anyone doing that (but I could be wrong). I certainly was on board for the move. Tonight's success aside, you just can't have your kicker missing multiple 30 yard FGs and multiple extra point attempts over the span of two games.But it was good to see the new guy showcase his ability to flat out boot the ball and still retain accuracy.

Some people don't know just how hard it is to place kick. I played college soccer and would hang with the kickers now and then when they were working out. They were kind enough to show me how to place kick. Let's just say I missed way more than I made.  ;)

I never said it was easy. Hell, I probably wouldn't make it from the 1-yard line. But we are talking about guys who have been trained to do this one thing their entire lives, and who are competing for a spot on a professional team. They simply cannot make those kinds of mistakes. Period.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

There were some upset that we traded for a kicker. Some sounded as if that was an idiot move or something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But it was Tim Wright!!

I believe wright is a promising player, but if this guy is going to routinely boot 50 yarders, ..wright who?It would be funny of we somehow brought him back again, just saying.

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

Did Manumana make sure nobody messed with you? :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on yall, we talking about kickers here.  Yall sound like we stole the modern day Simeon Rice in a trade and he’s coming in to stoke up this bootay pass rush we got.  Really?  I’m not down on the kicker, they are necessary.  But it’s a kicker man…c’mon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chev,It actually IS a big deal. Considering how many points that kickers put on the board in a year, the difference between a 80% kicker and a 90% kicker can mean an extra win or two. Murray was an 83.3% kicker last season and put up 91 points. A 10% increase from 83 to 93% puts up another 7, not a big number, but a 10% drop causes a loss of 9 points. That's a 16 point swing. Last season of the 277 points our team scored 91 came from Murray. Having a good kicker is fairly significant IMO.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Schum & Brindza; our new Kicking Firm...

Has a nice ring to it!

Does sound like an injury law firm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well played...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chev,It actually IS a big deal. Considering how many points that kickers put on the board in a year, the difference between a 80% kicker and a 90% kicker can mean an extra win or two. Murray was an 83.3% kicker last season and put up 91 points. A 10% increase from 83 to 93% puts up another 7, not a big number, but a 10% drop causes a loss of 9 points. That's a 16 point swing. Last season of the 277 points our team scored 91 came from Murray. Having a good kicker is fairly significant IMO.

not to mention the horror of missed extra pts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never said it was easy. Hell, I probably wouldn't make it from the 1-yard line. But we are talking about guys who have been trained to do this one thing their entire lives, and who are competing for a spot on a professional team. They simply cannot make those kinds of mistakes. Period.

Soccer player as well. Kicking off is one thing or kicking fg with just somebody holding, kicking fg's in game situation difficult. Re: training all their lives. True, BUT - absolute shortage of kicking coaches in the NFL, and I'm sure the same is true of HS and NCAA. Lot of these guys are on their own.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not to mention the horror of missed extra pts

Dawg, I know kickers make a difference.  Just feels like we've been through a lot with these guys who hit, tackle, pass to, or run from anyone. You love the guy when he makes the 50+ yarder for the win, but you don't wanna hear from him after the game. Vice versa, if he pulls a Gramatica and misses a few all hell breaks loose.  For me, way to much attention for a guy we just need to do his job without fail.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand. It does seem like too much attention in a sense, but it’s still a critical position so the fans want to talk about it. I’d also prefer not to hear about punters or kickers at any time during the season and then see that in the end they did their job, I feel much the same about the offensive line :). I'm just hoping that Brindza turns out to be the guy that we've seen in the pre-season and not the guy who finished his senior season at ND.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand. It does seem like too much attention in a sense, but it's still a critical position so the fans want to talk about it. I'd also prefer not to hear about punters or kickers at any time during the season and then see that in the end they did their job, I feel much the same about the offensive line :). I'm just hoping that Brindza turns out to be the guy that we've seen in the pre-season and not the guy who finished his senior season at ND.

This oline is about to make me drink or jump off the Skyway.  Geesh, Scotties FF says the Dirk has got this.  Gonne give Marpet some help.  Lord I hope so...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand. It does seem like too much attention in a sense, but it's still a critical position so the fans want to talk about it. I'd also prefer not to hear about punters or kickers at any time during the season and then see that in the end they did their job, I feel much the same about the offensive line :) . I'm just hoping that Brindza turns out to be the guy that we've seen in the pre-season and not the guy who finished his senior season at ND.

This oline is about to make me drink or jump off the Skyway.  Geesh, Scotties FF says the Dirk has got this.  Gonne give Marpet some help.  Lord I hope so...

I think Dirk *does* have it. Tennessee is still going to be a tough game, but I think our OLine will look better than what we showed at Cleveland. Watch some Atlanta tape from last season, or the season before when he had Trueblood as his RT. Made a believer out of me.

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

Well played...

I figured somebody else would have to catch that, even though it's a 30 year old movie.

Please wait…

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.