Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• ghost

Participant

they got stuck with headcase Blackmon who alot on here wanted, and got a solid Red Barron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m pretty sure most on here prefer to ignore the warning “signs”…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…I think we still would’ve drafted Barron even if they didn’t trade with us. We never would’ve drafted Blackmon that year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m pretty sure the only disagreement you’ll get here is over who the team should have drafted at #7.  Certainly a whole lot of good came out of the trade down.  I mean, heck.  Forget Blackmon – there was even more support for drafting Claiborne had we stayed put.  About the best that can be said for that in retrospect is that maybe it would have kept us from trading for Revis.  Probably not though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m glad we traded down but not because of Blackmon off the field concerns, but because that pick helped us get Martin and David too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm glad we traded down but not because of Blackmon off the field concerns, but because that pick helped us get Martin and David too.

Yep... Now the Barron vs. Keuchly vs. other player debate can be rehashed all day, but def was a good move, to go from 5 to 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not getting Blackmon is good, getting bArron is still a waste of a high pick. Yay, he’s JAG at a low value position!

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

I'm glad we traded down but not because of Blackmon off the field concerns, but because that pick helped us get Martin and David too.

Agreed, out FO managed to draft three  really good players that will hopefully have long futures here in Tampa.As for the issue of Blackmon. I'm not convinced we would have drafted him if we had stayed put. He's a talent kid, but he seems to be another one of those idiots that waste their talent. It's always sad to see players like that, and I'm glad we didn't draft him. But perhaps if he gets his head right, and is on a team with a strong support structure and coaching staff, perhaps he can still have a future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Kuechly vs. Barron debate is a non-argument. Had we drafted Kuechly at #7, we would’ve never even considered drafting David as the Bucs were addressing positions of major need during that draft. A trade back into the 2nd round for another LB would’ve never happened after selecting Kuechly and trading up for Martin.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes , and Moron Claiborne is a bust . Claiborne is who we would have selected if we stayed where we were.  Barron looks great in hindsight . When he breaks out this season in a real scheme , unlike Sheridan’s clusterf*ck ,  there will be little doubt.

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.