Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

The Bucs have played poor football all season. Lots of unforced errors and penalties and turnovers. Is this the real Bucs or will we right the ship? If we can’t get this defense turned around we will barely be over 500. Right now we have no shot at a repeat unless we can get healthy on D. Even the Pats have a shot to beat us Sunday. I sure hope we can play well for Brady.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

The Bucs were lack luster last season. The defense we saw in the super bowl was not the defense we truly are

Spanked by Saints twice, blown out by chiefs only for us to make it closer when they let foot off pedal

If anything we should be confident after seeing us rally last year to win super bowl and get right at the right time

If we lose any of the next four games and defense still looks helpless (ne, mia, phi, chi) then yes maybe we can panic but honestly aside from the 20-0 people we all had Rams penciled in as a loss

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I don’t think they’ve played poor. They had very uncharacteristic turnovers in week one. Yes they happened last year but aren’t the norm. Same with Godwin’s fumble. That should of been a 41-21 type win.

Week 2 we honestly got complacent. It’s just what happens. They got up had a lull but stepped up when they needed to.

Week 3 if Dean doesn’t drop a gimme n has his head out of his a** – that could of set a tone and had Stafford off tilt. Similar to GB last year. Especially if we recover the fumble shortly after. He came out shaky and we didn’t capitalize. We are also dealing with major injuries in the secondary, our hype guy upfront on D in JPP , who makes splash plays. He did vs Rams n Chiefs last regular season not to mention playoffs/ SB. He’s a big game guy. Then no AB. I’d be more concerned with missed blitz pickups on Brady. He’s getting pressured and hit more than he should. We also abandon the run or we don’t design a good run game because BA cares about stats. The 30 pt streak he definitely wanted. If we can get them to punt 3-4x but they have 2-3 extra possessions because we don’t have long sustained drives it negates the punts.

So running attack, protection of Brady ( increase odds of getting him hit more we throw) so the run n him getting hit go hand n hand. So that balance along with freaking penalties.
      Those are more concerning than injuries or defense not peaking yet. We can get healthy and improve on defense with time. Balanced attack and penalties can be fixed immediately.

• creamsicles

Participant

I’m not worried about the regular season unless we have injuries at OL or Brady. We have a soft schedule and should win at least 12 games with our consistently strong offense. Playoffs are a different story.

Our secondary stinks, but at least they’re getting reinforcements. I wouldn’t blame the injuries… Dak was shredding us before the SMB injury. Later this season, Bowles will increase press man coverage, which should help create turnovers.

I see the biggest issue as pass rush. We need to increase our ability to generate pressure and I don’t see JPP as the savior there. I think Bowles will scheme well in the playoffs, but Shaq and White need to seriously improve their effectiveness. I fear we’re seeing a reduction in intensity across several defenders early in the season.

I suspect our D will play well enough against mediocre offenses until December. They’ll benefit from playing with the lead more often. Once we hit December, I suspect the intensity level will increase and we’ll see improved defensive play.

I don’t like what I’m seeing and think we’re underperforming our potential, but I’m not worried. If we’re worse than 6-2 at the bye, then I’ll start to worry.

Looking at schedules, I still see us as the front runners for the #1 seed, and that would be a huge advantage to get that bye week.

• seekpar

Participant

The 2021 Bucs are playing similar to the 2020 7-5 Bucs.

They have a ways to go to play at the level of the 2020 8-0 Bucs.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by seekpar.

• Biggs3535

Participant

I’m not all that concerned yet. It’s week 4 out of 17. They just need to get in that dance and be light outs then.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

The 2021 Bucs are playing similar to the 2020 7-5 Bucs.

They have a ways to go to play at the level of the 2020 8-0 Bucs.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by seekpar.

The defense is. The offense has been spectacular so far

Like I said before if we don’t go 4-0 in next 4 games I’ll be disappointed. The defense should also look good

We will bounce back. Need to stay healthy and defense needs to get it together. Too much talent not too

• obuc

Participant

I wonder if we dont play him at end while JPP is out. They were doing that with Micah Parsons who is a clone. Wouldnt want to take Tryon out of the game but he might be as effective in pass coverage.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Last year the offense was out of sync to start the year.

This year its the defense.

Seeing as we’re 2-1, about to be 3-1, not worried at all.

I have complete confidence in the staff & Brady to right the ship.

As long as Bradys healthy we got a shot. Only a handful of teams can say that regarding their QB.

Glad we’re one of them!

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

The Bucs were getting better as the season went on in 20, and did it exponentially in the playoffs. Figured that might carry to this year but it didn’t. Defense needs a bye week already, not because of injuries, but because they somehow are not playing together or with any energy. Offense is no problem.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

* This ended up a bit long , my apologies but I love my Bucs and it has to be said!

Just reading and watching everything all week only truly reinforces what’s the problem. The SAME problem as last year. We all get caught in the matrix and don’t realize it. The TB12 numbers MATRIX!!

I’ve read 200 posts and maybe one person was flipping tables over the fact Tom Brady LEAD the team IN RUSHING!!!!!!!

If you go back to last year,it was a bad loss vs KC because we went 3 n out our first 3 possessions ALL on 3rd n 1! The broadcast, actually Romo..SAVED our season because he called out our plan on TV. The boards all took to screaming for a run game, others wanted motion.

I put stats on here last year going back to 2019 that week when we run the ball the success we have. BA obsesses over stats, blames being down as to why. Same as this year! Well sometimes were down due to not extending drives, getting our made to RUN BLOCK line going and WEAR down these piss ant defenses. Put our D back out too quick. If you look at our line, we are BIG and PHYSICAL!! Smith, Marpet, Wirfs, Jensen? Nastiest center in the NFL in terms of physicality and mixing it up!! They want to hit people! Let them!!

Instead its Brady’s 50 TDs n putting up numbers, blah blah blah. Chasing 30+ PT streaks… Well 4 of those games the last 4 of last year included a guy nicknamed ” Playoff” n ” Super Bowl” Lenny!!! You can get the run game going and still get your stats BA! BA is an image conscious guy. He talks cool, rocks Kangols, talks stats openly to media.

“Pride comes before the fall”!!
      Cleveland and Tennessee seem to be offensive teams built on predominantly running. Defenses play Tampa, are you game planning to stop the two headed running attack or a Fournette who gets better with more carries?? NOPE! Its pressuring Brady!!! Why? Cuz its a BA staple! They know he hates to rely on the run.

I don’t want to here we couldn’t get the run game going. Well probably not if its first down right at the teeth. That’s where the running game ” COORDINATOR ” earns his title!!!

BB called out our passing attack playbook etc this week. I can PROMISE YOU, BB is not going to let Brady be comfortable and throw for 350 in Gillette stadium!! Trust me on this. Worst scenario is if Jones gets the short passing game going and has a 11 play scoring drive. The PANIC button will automatically get alarmed!! Which will BAIT us right into a trap.Not judt Sunday but all year if they get FOURNETTE, ROJO running hard, then play action opens up. You get big chunks , get defenses guessing, etc. Then attack every which way you want!! Its a four QTR game! I watched Tenn down big in Seattle stay with the run n Henry n he got like 200, n a win!! We’d never had won that same game.

Ever think the pass rush is just short of getting home or DBs getting beat is because they are back on the field with little rest ?? I know our STRENGTH is the passing game, and sometimes you have to air it out BUT I still think we are at our best when we run at least 20x a game.

I took a long winded answer to get to the point of the OP because its very reminiscent to last years concerns and doubts but NO I’m not changing my mind. If we can help control games and HELP out our defense until the DBs, JPP n boys get it together. We can still be dominant and win come January! We can air our way through regular season, risk our QB getting hit n tired but win shootouts. We will NEED balance though come January!!! We proved to have it last year so I know we are CAPABLE. Especially with TB, AB n full offseason and every guy back no reason to dampen expectations.

The Saints will be tough, GB, Dal will be the mix for final four but its the RAMS! They are our NEMISES! Be our 3rd NFC Title game with those mutts and we are 0-2 thus far.They are our NO of this year. Just remember how we eventually beat them. Also being home would help out!!

• BucBalla85

Participant

It’s a shame we couldn’t see them all healthy for a while to build off what they had last year. The defense feels like it is very important to be on the same page. With the injuries it definitely affected the d and being on the same page. Then injuries to jpp on dline didn’t help either. He is important to our pass rush.

If they can get back healthy and working to getting back on the same page it will get interesting. I guess it’s like last year in the way that as long as they get in and they play when it matters most will be fine but who the hell knows.

• seekpar

Participant

The Pats D is much better defending the pass. Good opportunity to try and run the ball, but I have low confidence in the Bucs run game. They just can’t seem to get it going.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs offense will be facing their best asset. Whilst the run game gets stymied by terrible twitch explosiveness, lack of vision, and lack of elusiveness from the RB stable. I suspect Sneak will have an absolutely crappy game because why wouldn’t he? The Bucs will get down by a touchdown and completely abandon the run game anyway. That is their excuse to stop being an effective offense. The run game lacks any semblance of toughness. I have no faith in their game to game production. Hopefully they get that rare good run game tomorrow. Go Bucs!

The Pats D is much better defending the pass. Good opportunity to try and run the ball, but I have low confidence in the Bucs run game. They just can’t seem to get it going.

• BucHarbour

Participant

Let’s be honest. The primary reason our defense has struggled is due to the DB’s. Teams are just taking quick shots to the edges and our DB’s just keep sitting 8 yards off the receivers. Allowing all of those quick hitters keeps our pass rush from getting to the QB before the pass and leads to 1st down after 1st down, wearing our defense down. Now that we have Sherman here, I’m pretty sure he’s going to be coaching up the other corners and giving them the kind of pointers that they need to be in a better position to make plays. When it comes from the coach, I think there’s a tendency to ignore it to some degree by these young guys. When it comes from a likely HOF corner, you tend to listen. You want to play like that guy. If they play tighter and get the right leverage on the Pats’ receivers, they can slow them down. If they’re trying to hit those quick routes, jump one and take it back for 6. That will help tremendously.

I don’t see the offense having an issue. I think the Panthers had one of the top defenses in the league coming into the Cowgirls’ game. They’ve now dropped a good bit in the rankings after facing an offense that can actually beat you. I don’t see the Pats’ defense holding up against our passing game either. I mean, seriously, look at who they played. They had Jaboo last week and let them get 252 yards in the air, then they had the Jets and Dolphins before that. That’s a lot of pass yardage poor teams and QB’s to begin with. The Dolphins haven’t thrown for over 200 yards yet. The Jets have had 2 games over 200 yards. They had just over 250 in OT today, and a whopping 207 against the Panthers. The Pats and Broncos held them under, with the Broncos limiting them to 119 in the air. The Pats’ pass defense is more a product of who they played, than how “good” they are. They’ll get exposed tonight, assuming the offensive line does its job and the receivers catch well.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by BucHarbour.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.