Tuesday, July 23, 2019

AOC Chief of Staff

This topic contains 46 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Schianoismyhero Jul. 16, 2019 at 2:45 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

VirgilCaine
    Participant

Escobar the flat earther

Sure thing little guy, I believe the earth is flat because not one single global warming prediction has come true. Excellent logic as usual, are you drunk again?

Lmao. Nothing funnier than your use of the word “logic.”

Rating: -2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Schianoismyhero
    Participant

Coffee, its ironic…  you’re saying his “economic policy is out there” but you don’t explain it in your own words and/or why it is effective and/or why you support it.

Elizabeth Warren is running on a policy platform which I love. Are you saying that is also running on a policy platform?

And for the love of ADD, please stick to 1 or 2 topics…

Rating: -3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

VirgilCaine
    Participant

The CoS speaks about His and AOC intentional approach to politics:

“ “The whole theory of change for the current Democratic Party is that to win this country we need to tack to the hypothetical middle. What I think that means is, you don’t take unnecessary risks, which translates to: You don’t really do anything. Whereas we’ve got a completely different theory of change, which is: You do the biggest, most badass thing you possibly can — and that’s going to excite people, and then they’re going to go vote. Because the reality is, our problem isn’t that more people are voting Republican than Democrat — our problem is most people who would vote Democrat aren’t voting.”

Please wait...

Schianoismyhero
    Participant

Makes sense. Sorta mirroring what Trump did on the right

Please wait...

Coffeeisland
    Participant

This is not about whether I agree or disagree with Trump’s economic plan. There are plenty of threads discussing that and surely many more to follow.

This is one topic. The topic is the propensity of the establishment (left and right) to use fear and misdirection to bring about massive economic changes. I am of the opinion that if you want to bring wholesale changes to the economy, it should be discussed and debated openly. Furthermore, when it is found that the discussion is not open and honest I believe we have an obligation to call out the perpetrators. I’m not so much talking about “campaign promises” not being met. I’m talking about coordinated efforts to keep vital information from the public. There are way too many instances where this happens and it’s very discouraging to see so many blow it off because “orange man bad, this hurts orange man”.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

VirgilCaine
    Participant

This is not about whether I agree or disagree with Trump’s economic plan. There are plenty of threads discussing that and surely many more to follow.

This is one topic. The topic is the propensity of the establishment (left and right) to use fear and misdirection to bring about massive economic changes. I am of the opinion that if you want to bring wholesale changes to the economy, it should be discussed and debated openly. Furthermore, when it is found that the discussion is not open and honest I believe we have an obligation to call out the perpetrators. I’m not so much talking about “campaign promises” not being met. I’m talking about coordinated efforts to keep vital information from the public. There are way too many instances where this happens and it’s very discouraging to see so many blow it off because “orange man bad, this hurts orange man”.

Should be obvious but your tarring all Democrats with a provocative comment made by a guy way out on the left who himself chastise the actual Dem party for being too moderate.

Incidentally, if you just look on the web you will see the Dem party lashing out at AOC and he CoS. They are many things, but representative of the Democratic Party is not one of them.

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

Schianoismyhero
    Participant

This is such a facepalm thread from coffee…

It is a debating tactic (one that Trump frequently uses) by making wildly inaccurate statements and forcing someone to defending their basic position.

I’m not gonna spend my Sat afternoon telling you two basic things

1.) What you think I support and 90% of liberals supports is wildly inaccurate

2.) Trump’s positions are not as clear as you think – and when they are, the plan isn’t clear. For example – building a wall and Mexico will pay for it. So that’s a “plan” but the execution is unclear.

Which is why I like Warren and the details of her plan

Please wait...

Coffeeisland
    Participant

Wildly inaccurate statements?

Climate data hasn’t been manipulated?
    Crime stats haven’t been swept under the rug?
    Officials haven’t said climate change policy goals are for wholesale economic change?
    Obamacare was sold truthfully?

C’mon guys.

I’m not saying the average liberal votes in favor of these economic upheavals. I’m saying liberals are being sold a bill of goods with that as the unannounced purpose.

Trump ran on border security to include a wall, lower taxes, job creation, better trade deals for the US, tougher stance on N Korea and Iran….basically putting the people of this nation first. Which is what every leader should do for their country. Has that agenda changed? He has put his agenda out there and opened it up for debate. That is a good thing.

You don’t agree with the wall because you say it doesn’t make economic sense. How much money is spent per year on illegal immigrants at the state and federal level combined? I assume you can produce that figure immediately if you know the cost of the wall makes no economic sense? Or, are those figures obscure as well? Would your opinion be different if the real crime figures had been known and in the public forum for the last 10-15 years? The “execution” of that plan has been hindered by dishonest brokers by obscuring cost and crime data…..and you”re ok with that.

Again, it’s not about your basic opinions. That can and has been debated. It’s about the manipulation you are subjected to and fall for at every turn.

+2
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Coffeeisland.

VirgilCaine
    Participant

“It’s about the manipulation you are subjected to and fall for at every turn.”

A Trumpette typed that ^^^^

Lmao

Rating: -2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Schianoismyhero
    Participant

Wildly inaccurate statements?

Climate data hasn’t been manipulated?

Crime stats haven’t been swept under the rug?

Officials haven’t said climate change policy goals are for wholesale economic change?

Obamacare was sold truthfully?

C’mon guys.

I’m not saying the average liberal votes in favor of these economic upheavals. I’m saying liberals are being sold a bill of goods with that as the unannounced purpose.

Trump ran on border security to include a wall, lower taxes, job creation, better trade deals for the US, tougher stance on N Korea and Iran….basically putting the people of this nation first. Which is what every leader should do for their country. Has that agenda changed? He has put his agenda out there and opened it up for debate. That is a good thing.

You don’t agree with the wall because you say it doesn’t make economic sense. How much money is spent per year on illegal immigrants at the state and federal level combined? I assume you can produce that figure immediately if you know the cost of the wall makes no economic sense? Or, are those figures obscure as well? Would your opinion be different if the real crime figures had been known and in the public forum for the last 10-15 years? The “execution” of that plan has been hindered by dishonest brokers by obscuring cost and crime data…..and you”re ok with that.

Again, it’s not about your basic opinions. That can and has been debated. It’s about the manipulation you are subjected to and fall for at every turn.

You tell me. I’m still waiting for the stats, not the invisible boogeyman. If you wanna sway votes like mine, show me evidence that supports your claim(s)

Please wait...

Schianoismyhero
    Participant

You, not me, you and your movement (Trump) are presenting a solution to a problem without evidence that it will solve that problem.

Show me WHAT you are solving (total crime and total illegal immigration)

Show me how the wall will solve that.

It is super fucking simple… and until you do that, I will continue to call it racism and/or xenophobia… because without data, that is EXACTLY what it is.

Please wait...

Coffeeisland
    Participant

You, not me, you and your movement (Trump) are presenting a solution to a problem without evidence that it will solve that problem.

Show me WHAT you are solving (total crime and total illegal immigration)

Show me how the wall will solve that.

It is super fucking simple… and until you do that, I will continue to call it racism and/or xenophobia… because without data, that is EXACTLY what it is.

I gave you stats for the one state That tracks those numbers. Most people would admit the numbers are unacceptable. You have said you need to see a cost benefit analysis for the wall. That you don’t support it because you don’t want to waste money. We have a pretty good idea how much the wall costs. In your cost benefit analysis, how much is a homicide worth? Is the rape of a child worth more than the rape of an adult?

The problem is, it’s not “super fucking simple”. Why/who keeps the needed data obscure? The numbers from that one state are unacceptable to me. But I guess we all have different thresholds. CK won’t answer, how about you? What is the magic number of American deaths, rapes, assaults etc. that would change your mind? We know:
    1,142 homicides
    2,813 assaults
    147 kidnapping
    1,894 sexual assaults
    708 sexual offense
    All convictions is not enough. How many more to change your mind. Also note, these don’t include federal crime convictions in Texas. Stats from one state
    Does it offend you that Pelosi would not meet with Angel Families when they were at the capitol? She avoided them like a little fucking child hiding from punishment. Much like you and CK have avoided these numbers.

Christina Figueres, UN Framework Convention on Climate Change; Executive Secretary:

“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution.”

“This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history.”

“One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with the environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole,” said Edenhofer, who co-chaired the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working group on Mitigation of Climate Change from 2008 to 2015.

You say you don’t like the New Green Deal. Is it because when you see what the climate change policies actually mean in real terms, you realize it’s a shit show on a scale never seen before? Does This make you want to investigate the Known manipulation of data? When shown the truth by way of the New Green Deal, you reject it. It looks like the U.N. plan has the same, or very similar truths, will you now reject?

+2
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Coffeeisland.

Coffeeisland
    Participant

Should be obvious but your tarring all Democrats with a provocative comment made by a guy way out on the left who himself chastise the actual Dem party for being too moderate.

Incidentally, if you just look on the web you will see the Dem party lashing out at AOC and he CoS. They are many things, but representative of the Democratic Party is not one of them.

The New Green Deal is fringe because it’s insane. See above post for quotes regarding climate change, the U.N. and the global economy. Sounds pretty fringe. Do you reject one and accept the other? Why? Why not?

Does this help your understanding of the manipulation I am speaking of. Like I said this is not about campaign promises….of which Trump is still fighting for. The difference is, we can debate Trump’s plan. We can’t debate the plans we know nothing about. Get it?

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

Schianoismyhero
    Participant

I’m gonna let you figure out why stats from one state, one of the largest states and one that borders Mexico, and that used to be a part of Mexico, why those stats aren’t a representation of the general illegal immigration problem.

And as has been pointed out numerous times by virgil, your article itself says there isn’t a correlation. Your article.

And that’s the only damn article you reference and continue to reference… it isn’t without merit but you’ve failed to show anything else backing up your numerous claims

Please wait...

Coffeeisland
    Participant

I’m gonna let you figure out why stats from one state, one of the largest states and one that borders Mexico, and that used to be a part of Mexico, why those stats aren’t a representation of the general illegal immigration problem.

And as has been pointed out numerous times by virgil, your article itself says there isn’t a correlation. Your article.

And that’s the only damn article you reference and continue to reference… it isn’t without merit but you’ve failed to show anything else backing up your numerous claims

Can you fucking read English? First of all, it’s not an “article”. And has been said more than a few times, Texas is the only state that produces the illegal immigrant crime stats for their state. I also explained in a response to you that I know Texas is a border state and you could not just multiply that number by 50 and get an accurate account. I also said that I believe the number, if known, would shock just about everyone. The exceptions being you and CK.

So again, to clarify

No other state provides those numbers. That is why I reference. It is from the Texas Department of Safety. Since that is the only state, would you prefer I reference some “right wing article” that you will disregard without even reading?

The only people who care about “the likelihood of illegals committing more crime stats” are the ones who would prefer to ignore the actual crimes committed and the frequency of those crimes.

Sorry for repeating my points but you have clearly not seen the aexact same points I have in previous posts.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.