Are more moves on the way?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    FLBoy84
    Participant

Interesting line in Licht’s statement after the release of Joseph was “Every decision we make during this time leading up to free agency is with the intention of improving our roster and building towards becoming a championship team once again”. Only two moves made so far, could be an interesting next couple of days.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

My guess is Penn is gone if we get a replacement in house. Other than that I can’t see anymore cuts.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

At $6.7mil in 2014, Penn shouldn’t be sleeping too soundly tonite!!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m thinking that the Joseph release was just the first shot. It was meant as a wake up call to the reset of the roster that no one is safe. If players are asked to restructure their agents might think twice about balking at the notion. Personally I think Penn needs to go and Nicks needs to restructure. The Bucs could get better and younger at OT if they can land either Monroe, Albert or Safford.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm thinking that the Joseph release was just the first shot. It was meant as a wake up call to the reset of the roster that no one is safe. If players are asked to restructure their agents might think twice about balking at the notion. Personally I think Penn needs to go and Nicks needs to restructure. The Bucs could get better and younger at OT if they can land either Monroe, Albert or Safford.

Restructuring Nicks is a bad idea. At this point, we're not sure if he'll play again. If we were to restructure his contract, it would increase his cap charge in ensuing years and also greatly increase the amount of dead cap money we'd face if we were to cut him. We could ask him to take a pay cut, but it's not like we can threaten him with being cut. His salary is fully guaranteed. We'd only save about 2 million in cap room while he'd still bank a cool 7 million. With Nicks, I think the best plan is to just wait it out.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm thinking that the Joseph release was just the first shot. It was meant as a wake up call to the reset of the roster that no one is safe. If players are asked to restructure their agents might think twice about balking at the notion. Personally I think Penn needs to go and Nicks needs to restructure. The Bucs could get better and younger at OT if they can land either Monroe, Albert or Safford.

Restructuring Nicks is a bad idea. At this point, we're not sure if he'll play again. If we were to restructure his contract, it would increase his cap charge in ensuing years and also greatly increase the amount of dead cap money we'd face if we were to cut him. We could ask him to take a pay cut, but it's not like we can threaten him with being cut. His salary is fully guaranteed. We'd only save about 2 million in cap room while he'd still bank a cool 7 million. With Nicks, I think the best plan is to just wait it out.

Correct. No point in doing anything with Nicks. The savings of cutting him/renegotiating just simply arent worth it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think nicks was somewhat done with football anyway, and his loyalties seemingly lay with an ex team, our division rival.It would probably be a good idea to get that kind of attitude out of here.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

bucstophere – dont really want sammy watkins but love how light the pewter looks on that uniform!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It would not bother me if we spent all our resources this off-season on only our two lines. It may be a tall order in one season, but if we can improve them both we can win this season and beyond.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think nicks was somewhat done with football anyway, and his loyalties seemingly lay with an ex team, our division rival.It would probably be a good idea to get that kind of attitude out of here.

I wonder if that had anything to do with Sargent Schiano?  Maybe Lovie can put a spark back in the big fella

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m starting to wonder if we are waiting to release Penn after we either sign or draft his replacement.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

How does the whole Nicks situation work? If he’s injured again without much of a chance of playing again in the future, would be there some kind of settlement where we give him the rest of his guaranteed money, but not all in one year?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

That Sammy Watkins sig made me chub.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know why they’re taking their precious time and not releasing Penn. He shouldve been the first to go Imo. Nicks as well, I don’t think he’s worth the gamble in staying healthy,  I just don’t see it. That would leave us with 40+ mil of cap space. It’s a no brainer to me

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm starting to wonder if we are waiting to release Penn after we either sign or draft his replacement.

That's exactly what we are doing.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.