Viewing 109 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Are the Buccaneers heading for the playoffs or a top five pick?By Sander Philipse Oct 20, 2015top5_zpsmzduknar.pngReinhold Matay-USA TODAY SportsThe NFL power rankings are here and the consequences are ....weird. Last week, the Bucs were ranked around number 26 in most rankings. Unsurprisingly, the Bucs have barely moved in the power rankings since last week. They didn't play, after all. But Danny Kelly makes one interesting prediction: he thinks the Bucs are still in the running for the first overall pick.That'd be disastrous, and would almost guarantee Lovie Smith's firing, but it's not entirely unrealistic. The worst teams in the league all have 1-5 records, which means the Bucs are just 1.5 games ahead of the bottom of the league -- even though they currently hold the 16th pick in the 2016 NFL draft. The Bucs also have one of the easiest schedules in the league, which means they're likely to win most or all of the tiebreakers for draft position -- just like last year.On the other hand, a playoff spot isn't out of the question either. The Bucs are in the running for a wild card spot, and if they can just get better play out of a few players, they may actually be a good team.So that's where we're at now. The Bucs are 2-3 and we have no idea where they're headed. They could get it together and make a playoff run, or collapse and end up with a top five draft pick. It's a weird season.link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They will not get either the playoffs or a top 5 pick. I bet they win 6-7 games and pick in the 10-15 range.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Top 10 pick is more likely than playoffs

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

top 5 pick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They will not get either the playoffs or a top 5 pick. I bet they win 6-7 games and pick in the 10-15 range.

Thought to myself the same thing when I opened the thread. They need another good draft and some more experience with the players that they do have. 6-7 wins this year and a 9-11 win season next year, assuming that Winston continues to improve much like Derek Carr in his second year. Read: https://t.co/yVnzJ04ngo

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don’t see that many winnable games left.  The easy part of the schedule ends after Washington and even that’s not a sure thing.  Unless there is drastic improvement, I don’t see more than 4 wins total and that’s with a fluke win over someone they should lose too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of the schedule revolves around health at the time you play a team, the teams confidence level at the point that you play them and when you play them (for example after a short week).You might only see a couple of games now, but by the time we play a certain team that team could look a lot more beatable when you get to that week. Also, the Bucs, are not devoid of talent, they are just inexperienced in several key positions. I think 4 more total wins out of the remaining 11 games is a realistic goal. Take a look at the 2012 Carolina Panthers. By week 8, the team was 1-6, Rivera was close to being fired. But the team suddenly gelled and went 6-3 in the last 9 games and finished at 7-9. That was Cam's 2nd year as quarterback, but I think in terms of experience we are around the same point.link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Carolina_Panthers_seasonIf this team can cut down the penalties and turnovers, it's really a competent team, not one of the better teams, but definitely a team that has a chance every week. I do see improvement in the team. JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s great being an optimist, but every benefit for the Bucs or negative for other teams can just as easily be negatives for the Bucs and benefits of the others.  For example, Brees won’t be injured the next time we play them and they look like they are getting their stuff together too. Washington is a dangerously unpredictable team.  We could smoke them by 40 or get creamed by 40.  But you are right, anything can change.  And when the game comes around, that particular game may look more winnable.  It could also look like a the Bucs are walking into their slaughter.  But right now they simply don't. You say 4 more wins is realistic.  Right now, I just can't see 4 more wins. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bold prediction: if we win the next two games were going to go to the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they’ll win 5-6 games and be out of the Top-5 range in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is me being a realist and not a fan but I think it’s crazy that some people don’t see anymore winnable games this year. The whole NFC East looks winnable, the Bears are definitely winnable, St Louis, New Orleans, and even the Colts all look winnable.I have not been impressed with any of those teams.If we split in the NFC East, beat the Bears and beat one of NO, STL, or IND then we are looking at 6 wins. If we win 5 games this year then I would be disappointed. I can see 6 to 7 wins this year and that is not the homer in me coming out.I think they will be in the 10-14 pick range.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will win enough games to just miss out on VH3

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will win enough games to just miss out on VH3

Sadly I see this happening

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Matt Baker Verified account ?@MBakerTBTimes 13m13 minutes agoPer the fine data folks at numberFire, the #Bucs have a better shot at the No. 1 pick (3.82%) than making the playoffs (2.72%).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Matt Baker Verified account ?@MBakerTBTimes 13m13 minutes agoPer the fine data folks at numberFire, the #Bucs have a better shot at the No. 1 pick (3.82%) than making the playoffs (2.72%).

Damn, that 1.1% is BRUTAL!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That seems pretty reasonable to me.  That is, that neither of those outcomes look terribly likely at this point.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Depends on the running game and how much Dirk allows Winston to progress as a QB.  Our defense is going to get better as the season progresses.  If we have a top 5 pick, we need to turn the page on Lovie.  He just doesn’t inspire enthusiasm for players or fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's great being an optimist, but every benefit for the Bucs or negative for other teams can just as easily be negatives for the Bucs and benefits of the others.  For example, Brees won't be injured the next time we play them and they look like they are getting their stuff together too. Washington is a dangerously unpredictable team.  We could smoke them by 40 or get creamed by 40.  But you are right, anything can change.  And when the game comes around, that particular game may look more winnable.  It could also look like a the Bucs are walking into their slaughter.  But right now they simply don't. You say 4 more wins is realistic.  Right now, I just can't see 4 more wins.

Should we win on Sunday, I bet that the following Monday that schedule will look a bit more different (of course the same could be said after a loss) in terms of possibilites.  But win or lose Sunday, more important will be the way we do it. Even a close loss will still offer some confidence if we control some of the issues that have plagued us so far. A blow-out loss could be devastating to this young team.I do believe this team has some good young talent. Once they stop beating themselves, they will start beating others.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Vh3???  No thanks!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is me being a realist and not a fan but I think it's crazy that some people don't see anymore winnable games this year. The whole NFC East looks winnable, the Bears are definitely winnable, St Louis, New Orleans, and even the Colts all look winnable.I have not been impressed with any of those teams.If we split in the NFC East, beat the Bears and beat one of NO, STL, or IND then we are looking at 6 wins. If we win 5 games this year then I would be disappointed. I can see 6 to 7 wins this year and that is not the homer in me coming out.I think they will be in the 10-14 pick range.

And I'm not impressed with the Buccaneers.  So far the Bucs have beaten a 2-4 team who had an injured QB and barely came away with the win against a very bad 1-5 team.  They were also beaten badly by a very bad 1-5 team and lost to a not so good 2-4 team.  The loss to the 5-0 Panthers was just bad football.Yes, I see areas of improvement in the team.  I'm actually very encouraged about Winston so far.  I like the development of the Oline and sacks from the Dline.  But the secondary is a total mess.  Yes the Bucs will continue to gel as the season goes along, but so will their opponents.  They won't be sitting still as we get better.  Bears - Their first three losses were to very good teams. Then they beat a bad team and a good team.  The Detroit game was just weird.  This is a possible victory but no sure thing.Saints - Brees wont let this team beat him twice. This is a loss in my book.Rams - another enigma. They lost to bad teams and beat good teams.  I think Gurley will tear our defense apart. This is a loss.IND - Beat two teams we lost two and one team we barely beat.  Luck should be back to 100% health when we play him, he could tear our secondary apart and could have a 500 yard day.  Loss.Split the NFC East - The best chance there is Dallas, but they too are getting better and Dez might be back for that game. 50-50 at best. Eagles will slant us to death and could put up 60 points. The Giants, I just don't see a win vs them.  They too are up and down, but they have a history of starting slow and getting better as the year goes on.  Now, I never said no more winnable games this year.  To start,  I predict a win vs the Skins and then I said probably one fluke win the rest of the way.  So that is two more wins for a 4-12 record. Is it possible we get more wins.  Absolutely.  But its just as likely the final record is 4-12.  Despite some glimmers of hope, this is still a bad football team with a horrible coach. That is the reality.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't see that many winnable games left.  The easy part of the schedule ends after Washington and even that's not a sure thing.  Unless there is drastic improvement, I don't see more than 4 wins total and that's with a fluke win over someone they should lose too.

This is where the coaching comes into play. They better show some drastic improvement in pass defense. If so they can beat teams like the Redskins, Giants, Eagles, Colts, Saints (again), Rams, & Bears. This is the next group of teams they need to beat in order to be a competitive NFL team. This will take the heat off Lovie and his staff. The bar should be set with these teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't see that many winnable games left.  The easy part of the schedule ends after Washington and even that's not a sure thing.  Unless there is drastic improvement, I don't see more than 4 wins total and that's with a fluke win over someone they should lose too.

This is where the coaching comes into play. They better show some drastic improvement in pass defense. If so they can beat teams like the Redskins, Giants, Eagles, Colts, Saints (again), Rams, & Bears. This is the next group of teams they need to beat in order to be a competitive NFL team. This will take the heat off Lovie and his staff. The bar should be set with these teams.

And sadly, this is where I have the least confidence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still a .500 team in my eyes…I'd project picking somewhere around 15...We need to spend some picks in 2016 on defenders.Next year - playoffs.  muhahaha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is me being a realist and not a fan but I think it's crazy that some people don't see anymore winnable games this year. The whole NFC East looks winnable, the Bears are definitely winnable, St Louis, New Orleans, and even the Colts all look winnable.I have not been impressed with any of those teams.If we split in the NFC East, beat the Bears and beat one of NO, STL, or IND then we are looking at 6 wins. If we win 5 games this year then I would be disappointed. I can see 6 to 7 wins this year and that is not the homer in me coming out.I think they will be in the 10-14 pick range.

And I'm not impressed with the Buccaneers.  So far the Bucs have beaten a 2-4 team who had an injured QB and barely came away with the win against a very bad 1-5 team.  They were also beaten badly by a very bad 1-5 team and lost to a not so good 2-4 team.  The loss to the 5-0 Panthers was just bad football.Yes, I see areas of improvement in the team.  I'm actually very encouraged about Winston so far.  I like the development of the Oline and sacks from the Dline.  But the secondary is a total mess.  Yes the Bucs will continue to gel as the season goes along, but so will their opponents.  They won't be sitting still as we get better.  Bears - Their first three losses were to very good teams. Then they beat a bad team and a good team.  The Detroit game was just weird.  This is a possible victory but no sure thing.Saints - Brees wont let this team beat him twice. This is a loss in my book.Rams - another enigma. They lost to bad teams and beat good teams.  I think Gurley will tear our defense apart. This is a loss.IND - Beat two teams we lost two and one team we barely beat.  Luck should be back to 100% health when we play him, he could tear our secondary apart and could have a 500 yard day.  Loss.Split the NFC East - The best chance there is Dallas, but they too are getting better and Dez might be back for that game. 50-50 at best. Eagles will slant us to death and could put up 60 points. The Giants, I just don't see a win vs them.  They too are up and down, but they have a history of starting slow and getting better as the year goes on.  Now, I never said no more winnable games this year.  To start,  I predict a win vs the Skins and then I said probably one fluke win the rest of the way.  So that is two more wins for a 4-12 record. Is it possible we get more wins.  Absolutely.  But its just as likely the final record is 4-12.  Despite some glimmers of hope, this is still a bad football team with a horrible coach. That is the reality.

Hit the nail right on the head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither. I think this is a 6-10 team right now with the secondary being the biggest weakness on the team. We’ll probably be picking 11-14 area with a good chance to draft the best OL and DB available.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta is very beatable. I think we split with them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1Anyone that says they don't see many winnable games this year haven't been watching other teams crap the bed this year with major flaws.The problem is with the Bucs consistency and penalties.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The MNF matchup wasn’t even 84 hours ago and I watched some of the most ugliest football I have seen in a long time.  It was a battle between which QB was worse...Bradford or Manning.  The highlight of that MNF matchup?  The Star Wars trailerSo that leaves the Colts and Saints, which both have shown they are even more inconsistent that the Bucs.The Bears? They are playing inspired football with Culer but they have too many flaws for Fox to fix in year 1.The Falcons will be the toughest matchup for the Bucs, but their defense is vastly overrated.Overall, I think the Bucs biggest challenges this season will be the Falcons, Redskins, and Colts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1Anyone that says they don't see many winnable games this year haven't been watching other teams crap the bed this year with major flaws.The problem is with the Bucs consistency and penalties.

+10000. People in this thread are making mediocre teams sound like world beaters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...Despite some glimmers of hope, this is still a bad football team with a horrible coach. That is the reality.

This sums it up for me.This team HAS talent.  What they need is a coach that can direct that talent to perform 100% on Sundays as a single unit with a gameplan to beat their opponent.  Smith has proven he can generate pressure and has the speed to get to the QB.  He needs coaching to work on an inside move and coaching on when to mix it up.  Same goes for Gholston.  Talent, just needs coaching.LB's are talented, just need coaching on where to lineup and what to look for.DB's ... I remember not that long ago, the legion of boom was knocking heads off and in our division there was a group of nobodies ... "the legion of whom" ... quietly putting together a solid backfield of DBs all on the same page shutting down the pass ... No superstars, just solid players all on the same page.  Offensively, we're fine if the defense lives up to their ability which would require the ****ing coaching staff to get their **** together.Playoffs?  Honestly I just want to see solid consistent defense again.  If that happens, I could see each one of these upcoming games as a W.  If not, can't wait to see a coach in here that can unlock the talent that we do have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bears – Their first three losses were to very good teams. Then they beat a bad team and a good team.  The Detroit game was just weird.  This is a possible victory but no sure thing.

What??? You're referring to the 2-4 Seahawks as a very good team (who they got demolished and shut out by), and the 2-3 Raiders as a good team? Seriously? You sure are optimistic about these 2 win teams, while you put down the 2-4 team the Bucs beat. These Bears are the same team who just lost to the only winless team in the NFL. The Bears are not a good team, and this is a very winnable game (which I can see you said).

Saints - Brees wont let this team beat him twice. This is a loss in my book.

We beat the Saints in their own house this year, so I think it is pretty silly to mark this one down as a loss already. We might not win, but this is most definitely another winnable game.

Rams - another enigma. They lost to bad teams and beat good teams.  I think Gurley will tear our defense apart. This is a loss.

This is a short week and I don't like how we matchup against the Rams. I think we lose this one, but the Rams aren't world beaters so you don't know. They got crushed by the Redskins a few weeks ago.

IND - Beat two teams we lost two and one team we barely beat.  Luck should be back to 100% health when we play him, he could tear our secondary apart and could have a 500 yard day.  Loss.

The 3 wins the Colts have are against 2 teams who you referred to as 'very bad' and a 'not so good' team. They BARELY squeaked by both the Jaguars and Titans, it took a missed Jags FG and OT to beat them and a missed 2 point conversion to send the Titans game into OT. I think the Colts will be better as the season goes on and probably win this game, but once again, this team is not a bunch of world beaters so you don't know.

Split the NFC East - The best chance there is Dallas, but they too are getting better and Dez might be back for that game. 50-50 at best. Eagles will slant us to death and could put up 60 points. The Giants, I just don't see a win vs them.  They too are up and down, but they have a history of starting slow and getting better as the year goes on.

Our best chance is to beat Dallas? I'm not too sure about that. This whole division is bad, did you watch the 2 teams fighting for 1st place on Monday night? That was some awful football, and there were a combined 11!!!!! fumbles and INT's. Every single one of these games are winnable.In addition, it appears that you have marked down both Falcons and the last Panthers game as a loss. I disagree on that. You never know with division games, and I really don't see us losing the last 4 division games (since you marked down the Saints as a loss). I think we take at least 1 of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And anyone who still thinks the Bucs truly have one of the 5 best defenses in the NFL needs to step back from the bottle and actually watch them play.  And yes, some of the problems with the Bucs is inconsistency and penalties (both reflections of poor coaching).  And to win more than 2 more games, the Bucs will indeed have to fix that.  But just assuming the Bucs will fix their problems but teams like the Saints and Colts won't is just silly. I certainly have more confidence that Sean Payton will correct his team than I do in Lovie fixing the Bucs.If my Aunt had nuts she would be my uncle.  If the Bucs can fix lots of problem areas, of course they can win more games.  If they don't fix those areas, they won't. So the difference is in the confidence factor that the Bucs can fix their problems while the other ailing teams do not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+10000. People in this thread are making mediocre teams sound like world beaters.

And you act like the Bucs have consistently beaten even mediocre teams of the last few years.  before the Bucs get favored to win any game, they have to prove they can win them.  We aren't making the other teams out to be world beaters, we are just realistic in how bad the Bucs are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And you act like the Bucs have consistently beaten even mediocre teams of the last few years.  before the Bucs get favored to win any game, they have to prove they can win them.  We aren't making the other teams out to be world beaters, we are just realistic in how bad the Bucs are.

How am I acting like the Bucs have consistently beaten mediocre teams? I know the Bucs aren't too good of a team yet, and am expecting 3-5 more wins for the rest of the year. It's just funny that people are making out teams who have looked just about as mediocre or bad as the Bucs to be teams that we stand no chance against. A good amount of the games left on the schedule are close to 50/50 in my eyes. If you look at the schedule and can't see how we get 2 more wins the rest of the season, you haven't been paying much attention to these teams. We have a lot of mediocre/bad teams left on the schedule.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bears - Their first three losses were to very good teams. Then they beat a bad team and a good team.  The Detroit game was just weird.  This is a possible victory but no sure thing.

What??? You're referring to the 2-4 Seahawks as a very good team (who they got demolished and shut out by), and the 2-3 Raiders as a good team? Seriously? You sure are optimistic about these 2 win teams, while you put down the 2-4 team the Bucs beat. These Bears are the same team who just lost to the only winless team in the NFL. The Bears are not a good team, and this is a very winnable game (which I can see you said).

The Bears are hard to read.  If you think the Seahawks are a bad team, then we should just end the conversation now.  They are certainly much better then the Bucs. And yes, I did say it's winnable because we don't know which bears team will show up.

We beat the Saints in their own house this year, so I think it is pretty silly to mark this one down as a loss already. We might not win, but this is most definitely another winnable game.

Brees was injured in that game and simply couldn't throw the football.  If he was healthy, I don't think we win that first game.

Rams - another enigma. They lost to bad teams and beat good teams.  I think Gurley will tear our defense apart. This is a loss.

This is a short week and I don't like how we matchup against the Rams. I think we lose this one, but the Rams aren't world beaters so you don't know. They got crushed by the Redskins a few weeks ago.

Agreed, we don't know.  Did Gurley play vs the Skins? Nope.  Do the Bucs allow a lot of rushing yards? Yup. If he is healthy and playing, he very well could have a big day.

IND - Beat two teams we lost two and one team we barely beat.  Luck should be back to 100% health when we play him, he could tear our secondary apart and could have a 500 yard day.  Loss.

The 3 wins the Colts have are against 2 teams who you referred to as 'very bad' and a 'not so good' team. They BARELY squeaked by both the Jaguars and Titans, it took a missed Jags FG and OT to beat them and a missed 2 point conversion to send the Titans game into OT. I think the Colts will be better as the season goes on and probably win this game, but once again, this team is not a bunch of world beaters so you don't know.

Agree not world beaters, but by the time they play us they will have a healthy Luck.  He alone vs our secondary makes me think they will score a lot of points.

Split the NFC East - The best chance there is Dallas, but they too are getting better and Dez might be back for that game. 50-50 at best. Eagles will slant us to death and could put up 60 points. The Giants, I just don't see a win vs them.  They too are up and down, but they have a history of starting slow and getting better as the year goes on.

Our best chance is to beat Dallas? I'm not too sure about that. This whole division is bad, did you watch the 2 teams fighting for 1st place on Monday night? That was some awful football, and there were a combined 11!!!!! fumbles and INT's. Every single one of these games are winnable.In addition, it appears that you have marked down both Falcons and the last Panthers game as a loss. I disagree on that. You never know with division games, and I really don't see us losing the last 4 division games (since you marked down the Saints as a loss). I think we take at least 1 of them.Everyone of those games is winnable, IF the Bucs play their best football and is they stop with the penalties and if they stop with the turnovers and if Lovie stops doing boneheaded Lovie things.  None of those games are "walk in we win". None of them. Anything is possible.  The Bucs could win 8 more games. Or none.  But if I was standing in line in Vegas right now, I would not bet a single penny on the Bucs to win any game that I wasn't 100% prepared to lose.  The Bucs simply are not as good as some here are pretending they are.  The Bucs are a bad football team and until they prove they can win games like we discussed above, there is no reason, except simple optimism, to believe they will win them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You need to slow down Rodger, you seem to be getting a little confused…..

If you look at the schedule and can't see how we get 2 more wins the rest of the season, you haven't been paying much attention to these teams.

I predicted exactly that, two more wins. So who are you talking about?

It's just funny that people are making out teams who have looked just about as mediocre or bad as the Bucs to be teams that we stand no chance against

Again, who said no chance? Many times above I said the Bucs could beat them, just that they probably won't unless they get their act together.I know when people debate a topic there is a tendency to exaggerate the others actual position to make yours look better. But at least keep it in the realm of truth. I've never once said the other teams are world beaters. I never once said the Bucs would not win any more games. I never once said the Bucs don't stand a chance.  Just like you, what I have done is give my predication for future wins.  But my predication is based on the current way the Bucs are playing.  You appear to be basing it on the assumption that the Bucs will clean up their play and improve while other teams will remain just as they are today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bears - Their first three losses were to very good teams. Then they beat a bad team and a good team.  The Detroit game was just weird.  This is a possible victory but no sure thing.

Our best chance is to beat Dallas? I'm not too sure about that. This whole division is bad, did you watch the 2 teams fighting for 1st place on Monday night? That was some awful football, and there were a combined 11!!!!! fumbles and INT's. Every single one of these games are winnable.In addition, it appears that you have marked down both Falcons and the last Panthers game as a loss. I disagree on that. You never know with division games, and I really don't see us losing the last 4 division games (since you marked down the Saints as a loss). I think we take at least 1 of them.

Good post.I think Carolina will have locked up the division and the first round bye by the final game.  If Carolina is playing for something by the final game as well as the Bucs that would be a surprise to me.Right now, given how weak the entire NFC looks (especially NFC EAST)..Carolina has to be the favorite to win the NFC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are only about 5 teams in the NFL that the Bucs should not be on the same field with. The rest of them they can beat if they play a complete game. Of course, the fans of those other teams are saying the same thing. The secondary is holding us back right now from taking the next step. Maybe the bye week will help with some of the secondary issues.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ADW, you can’t be serious. You think the Panthers are better than the Packers??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are only about 5 teams in the NFL that the Bucs should not be on the same field with. The rest of them they can beat if they play a complete game. Of course, the fans of those other teams are saying the same thing. The secondary is holding us back right now from taking the next step. Maybe the bye week will help with some of the secondary issues.

That is a true statement.  Now please tell us how many times the Bucs played a complete game in the last two years. This is what you guys just don't seem to grasp.  Yes the Bucs have talent and COULD win any game.  Any team in the league COULD win any game at any time.  It's just the odds of them actually doing it aren't very good right now. Just by the mere fact that you have to qualify your predictions with "if's" is all that needs to be said. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ADW, you can't be serious. You think the Panthers are better than the Packers??

Yes.The Panthers are balling right now. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bears are hard to read.  If you think the Seahawks are a bad team, then we should just end the conversation now.  They are certainly much better then the Bucs. And yes, I did say it’s winnable because we don’t know which bears team will show up.

Never said the Seahawks are a bad team. I'm just saying it's hard to call a 2-4 team a 'very good' team. I don't think they should be considered anything more than average or above average. Look who their 2 wins came against.

Brees was injured in that game and simply couldn't throw the football.  If he was healthy, I don't think we win that first game.

I disagree. We pressured Brees all day long and the defense deserves credit for that. Regardless, I still think the fact that we beat them in New Orleans should at least mean we have a shot to beat them in Tampa.

Agreed, we don't know.  Did Gurley play vs the Skins? Nope.  Do the Bucs allow a lot of rushing yards? Yup. If he is healthy and playing, he very well could have a big day.

Fair. Like I said, I don't like this matchup. This might be our toughest matchup outside the division games. Defense will really have to step it up for us to win this game, IMO.

Agree not world beaters, but by the time they play us they will have a healthy Luck.  He alone vs our secondary makes me think they will score a lot of points.

Can't disagree with that. Should be another tough matchup for us. The offense will need to be on its 'A' game and our defense will need to force Luck into making some mistakes, which we all know he is capable of.

Everyone of those games is winnable, IF the Bucs play their best football and is they stop with the penalties and if they stop with the turnovers and if Lovie stops doing boneheaded Lovie things.  None of those games are "walk in we win". None of them. Anything is possible.  The Bucs could win 8 more games. Or none.  But if I was standing in line in Vegas right now, I would not bet a single penny on the Bucs to win any game that I wasn't 100% prepared to lose.  The Bucs simply are not as good as some here are pretending they are.  The Bucs are a bad football team and until they prove they can win games like we discussed above, there is no reason, except simple optimism, to believe they will win them.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but I don't think the Bucs need to play their 'best football' to win some of these games. The teams left on the schedule aren't that great where we're gonna need to consistently play 'A+' football. And I'm not sure who exactly is making the Bucs out to be a good team that has a chance to win all of these games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I'm pretty sure he means that the Panthers will probably have the #2 seed since the NFC West leader is 4-2.  Being 5-0 with an easy schedule makes it reasonable to think that Arizona won't catch them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You need to slow down Rodger, you seem to be getting a little confused.....

If you look at the schedule and can't see how we get 2 more wins the rest of the season, you haven't been paying much attention to these teams.

I predicted exactly that, two more wins. So who are you talking about?

It's just funny that people are making out teams who have looked just about as mediocre or bad as the Bucs to be teams that we stand no chance against

Again, who said no chance? Many times above I said the Bucs could beat them, just that they probably won't unless they get their act together.I know when people debate a topic there is a tendency to exaggerate the others actual position to make yours look better. But at least keep it in the realm of truth. I've never once said the other teams are world beaters. I never once said the Bucs would not win any more games. I never once said the Bucs don't stand a chance.  Just like you, what I have done is give my predication for future wins.  But my predication is based on the current way the Bucs are playing.  You appear to be basing it on the assumption that the Bucs will clean up their play and improve while other teams will remain just as they are today.

I meant more than 2 games. Anyways, I think we're pretty much on the same page for most of this discussion. I just have a little more of an optimistic view than you, which there is nothing wrong with for either side. We're not all going to have the same views (it is a message board, after all) and we'll see who's right come the end of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with most of what you’re saying, but I don’t think the Bucs need to play their ‘best football’ to win some of these games.

No they don't, but they can't play their regular brand of bad football either.  That has gotten them to 4-17.  And until they can prove they can play even mediocre football on a consistent basis, they won't be favored in any game except against other really bad teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a 6-10 football team that if the ball bounces their way then they could be 7-9 or if the ball doesn’t bounce their way, then they could be 5-11. If we end up 5-11 I would be disappointed but anything above 6 wins then I would be happy.The schedule isn't the hardest schedule I have ever seen and I see some teams that we could definitely beat if we do not shoot ourselves in the foot. No team on the schedule has me scared because they all look vulnerable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I'm pretty sure he means that the Panthers will probably have the #2 seed since the NFC West leader is 4-2.  Being 5-0 with an easy schedule makes it reasonable to think that Arizona won't catch them.

Yeah I think the Packers and Panthers lock up the first round bye.  The Cardinals face the toughest division in football top to bottom. It is ironic because the rest of the NFC is weak and most of the stronger teams lie in the AFC.The 49ers are not rolling over despite what many think as Kaepernick is surprisingly elevating his game. The Seahawks have too much talent to simply roll over.  And the Rams will be a spoiler based on their talent as well throughout the year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets try this from the other point of view…..Of our remaining opponents, how many of the teams (their fans) think, that as long as they don’t crap on themselves, that Tampa is a very winnable game?  That answer is all of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post.I think Carolina will have locked up the division and the first round bye by the final game.  If Carolina is playing for something by the final game as well as the Bucs that would be a surprise to me.Right now, given how weak the entire NFC looks (especially NFC EAST)..Carolina has to be the favorite to win the NFC.

While I agree that the NFC East isn't all that great, I think too many people are going too far in discrediting them.  Dallas has been without Dez the whole season so far.  Romo has been out since Week 2.  They'll be a lot better than they are now.  Dez should be back this week or next.  Romo's first game back might be against us.  Eli Manning has never played worse, than when he plays the Eagles.  Why?  I have no idea, but he does.  In the previous 5 games, he's posted a 90+ passer rating 4 times.  Prior to Monday night's loss, the Giants were 2 plays away from being 5-0.The Eagles are struggling... and still almost beat Atlanta, and really just crapped the bed against Dallas.  People were bagging on Brindza here for 3 weeks about missed kicks... yet, no one backs up the Eagles for Sturgis missing a 33 yard FG and an extra point.  Heck, the Eagles themselves are 1 bad play, and 2 missed kicks from being 5-1.Washington blows.  Period.For the most part, the NFC East has 3 "decent" teams.  All or legit playoff contenders, but none are Super Bowl contenders.  I think they're 8 to 10 win teams... none are 11+.Side note...People want to make excuses for the Bucs, but aren't willing to make the same concessions when talking about other teams.  Look, I get that we're all Bucs fans and that's what we do, but people shouldn't be calling other people stupid (or other names), just because some are taking emotion out of their point of view.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Side note...People want to make excuses for the Bucs, but aren't willing to make the same concessions when talking about other teams.  Look, I get that we're all Bucs fans and that's what we do, but people shouldn't be calling other people stupid (or other names), just because some are taking emotion out of their point of view.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets try this from the other point of view.....Of our remaining opponents, how many of the teams (their fans) think, that as long as they don't crap on themselves, that Tampa is a very winnable game?  That answer is all of them.

I think out of the top 5 teams in the league, most games are up in the air. Fans from each team probably thinks that their team could beat the opponent. With the season so early I think almost every team is working out some of the same problems that we have and that is consistency and penalties. Of course we have a few players that should be back ups and not starters. I wish teams were allowed more padded practices because the penalties wouldn't be so high.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I think the Packers and Panthers lock up the first round bye.  The Cardinals face the toughest division in football top to bottom. It is ironic because the rest of the NFC is weak and most of the stronger teams lie in the AFC.The 49ers are not rolling over despite what many think as Kaepernick is surprisingly elevating his game. The Seahawks have too much talent to simply roll over.  And the Rams will be a spoiler based on their talent as well throughout the year.

I don't necessarily agree with this one particular statement.  New England and Cincinnati are the best teams in the AFC, but after them... I'm not so sure.The AFC South is the worst in the league.The AFC Central has 2 good teams and 2 bad teamsThe AFC West has 1 pretty good team (somehow they're 6-0)... no way is anyone going to convince me that the Broncos are any better than Arizona or Carolina.The AFC East, outside of New England is quite enigmatic.In CBS' NFL Rankings, the top 10 has 5 NFC and 5 AFC teams in it.  The bottom 10 has 3 NFC and 7 AFC teams.  Is CBS the end-all-be-all?  No, but they are a reasonable resource.  CNNSI has 5 & 5 in the top and bottom 10.  ESPN has mimics CBS with 5 & 5 in the top 10 and 3 NFC and 7 AFC in the bottom 10.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't necessarily agree with this one particular statement.  New England and Cincinnati are the best teams in the AFC, but after them... I'm not so sure.The AFC South is the worst in the league.The AFC Central has 2 good teams and 2 bad teamsThe AFC West has 1 pretty good team (somehow they're 6-0)... no way is anyone going to convince me that the Broncos are any better than Arizona or Carolina.The AFC East, outside of New England is quite enigmatic.In CBS' NFL Rankings, the top 10 has 5 NFC and 5 AFC teams in it.  The bottom 10 has 3 NFC and 7 AFC teams.  Is CBS the end-all-be-all?  No, but they are a reasonable resource.  CNNSI has 5 & 5 in the top and bottom 10.  ESPN has mimics CBS with 5 & 5 in the top 10 and 3 NFC and 7 AFC in the bottom 10.

Yeah the Broncos have been finding ways to win with an ugly offense and an over the hill QB. I tell you though their defense is legit. Glad I drafted them in fantasy (not so glad I drafted CJ Anderson though).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets try this from the other point of view.....Of our remaining opponents, how many of the teams (their fans) think, that as long as they don't crap on themselves, that Tampa is a very winnable game?  That answer is all of them.

BingoA while ago someone mentioned Lovie being brought here returned our team to "respectability".  Until ^^^^^ changes, Lovie is failing...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BingoA while ago someone mentioned Lovie being brought here returned our team to "respectability".  Until ^^^^^ changes, Lovie is failing...

You friends with Runole?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You friends with Runole?

No idea who that is but I'm guessing he's a FSU Winston homer and apologist so that would be a "no".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My guess. Anywhere from fourth to seventh pick.The talent is there, but the coaching is sub par and the rookies are, well...rookies. we cannot expect playoffs within this timeframe. We would be extremely lucky if we did.Also, the teams the bucs face arent all-world unstoppable or anything, but they are better, or more experianced teams, than the bucs. An with the falcons and panthers leading fairly far ahead, its highly doubtful.Maybe we get a wildcard, but i doubt it. Tampa would have to run through several straight wins to keep up, and hope atlhole and the p$ssies screw up some as well. It really is asking for a lot to happen. Especially when previous years tampa couldnt string together two wins.Regardless of what happens, this year, next year should be the "all or nothing" scenario.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You friends with Runole?

No idea who that is but I'm guessing he's a FSU Winston homer and apologist so that would be a "no".

Hmm, you had some idea. Anyway, you two are very much alike. Love is to you what Gators are to Runole

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe we get a wildcard, but i doubt it. Tampa would have to run through several straight wins to keep up, and hope atlhole and the p$ssies screw up some as well. It really is asking for a lot to happen. Especially when previous years tampa couldnt string together two wins.Regardless of what happens, this year, next year should be the "all or nothing" scenario.

I'll put my name on it.  If Lovie can use this bye to fix the D and get those guys on the same page, this team is playoff bound.Field a legit top 5 D and we are in this thing.As I said, we have the talent.  Just fill in the coaching and leadership gap on the defense and lean on the run game.Will that happen?  I wish Lovie would stuff a 100lb crow down my throat!Show me the defense he was signed here for!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I agree that the NFC East isn't all that great, I think too many people are going too far in discrediting them.  Dallas has been without Dez the whole season so far.  Romo has been out since Week 2.  They'll be a lot better than they are now.  Dez should be back this week or next.  Romo's first game back might be against us.  Eli Manning has never played worse, than when he plays the Eagles.  Why?  I have no idea, but he does.  In the previous 5 games, he's posted a 90+ passer rating 4 times.  Prior to Monday night's loss, the Giants were 2 plays away from being 5-0.The Eagles are struggling... and still almost beat Atlanta, and really just crapped the bed against Dallas.  People were bagging on Brindza here for 3 weeks about missed kicks... yet, no one backs up the Eagles for Sturgis missing a 33 yard FG and an extra point.  Heck, the Eagles themselves are 1 bad play, and 2 missed kicks from being 5-1.Washington blows.  Period.For the most part, the NFC East has 3 "decent" teams.  All or legit playoff contenders, but none are Super Bowl contenders.  I think they're 8 to 10 win teams... none are 11+.Side note...People want to make excuses for the Bucs, but aren't willing to make the same concessions when talking about other teams.  Look, I get that we're all Bucs fans and that's what we do, but people shouldn't be calling other people stupid (or other names), just because some are taking emotion out of their point of view.

I definitely think Dallas is better than their record shows because losing Romo and Dez hurts a lot, but I don't think the Eagles or Giants are anything special. Not sure where you're getting Eli always sucks against the Eagles from. His career numbers against them aren't bad at all, he just played poorly after the first 2 drives Sunday. Eli is pretty inconsistent like that though. Unless their offense explodes, the Giants really aren't much more than a mediocre team. Their defense has very little talent and they have no pass rush whatsoever. Funny that you bring up Sturgis as an excuse for the Eagles, yet tried playing down the importance of Brinzda's missed kicks a few weeks ago. Sturgis isn't even as close to being as bad as Brinzda was. Brinzda missed more kicks in 1 game than Sturgis has for the 3 games he's played with the Eagles. Regarding the rest of their team, Bradford continues to look like crap and I don't see their defense continuing to play as well as they have the past few weeks.The Redskins really aren't much worse than the Giants or Eagles. In fact, the Redskins beat the Eagles a few weeks ago.No one brought up the 'what if' game, so I'm not really sure where you are going with that because it doesn't mean anything. You could say pretty much the same thing for the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is a true statement.  Now please tell us how many times the Bucs played a complete game in the last two years. This is what you guys just don't seem to grasp.  Yes the Bucs have talent and COULD win any game.  Any team in the league COULD win any game at any time.  It's just the odds of them actually doing it aren't very good right now. Just by the mere fact that you have to qualify your predictions with "if's" is all that needs to be said.

The goal is for them to start putting complete games together. This is what we are looking at right now. None of us knows what the future holds. We can guess all we want.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreeing with all three of you.  This really is the exact type of team that should trend upwards as the season goes on - at this point we're at least playing NFL ball, so to me it really is "any given Sunday"And also, couple good posts in this thread nitey

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The goal is for them to start putting complete games together. This is what we are looking at right now. None of us knows what the future holds. We can guess all we want.

You are absolutely correct.  And until they start doing that there is nothing that says the Bucs should beat any team.  The Bucs haven't done that since Lovie arrived and one bye week is not going to suddenly fix everything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Top 5-7 pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are absolutely correct.  And until they start doing that there is nothing that says the Bucs should beat any team.  The Bucs haven't done that since Lovie arrived and one bye week is not going to suddenly fix everything.

I think after the bye last season is when we started to see a much better defense. So we do have that to look back on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. Sure it's possible that the Bucs could be any team left on their schedule if they play complete game. That's the problem though. A good or complete game would be an anomaly for Lovie's tenure. The average performance for this Bucs team led by Lovie is bad enough that they could very easily lose every game on the schedule. The 2 remaining wins you predicted is something I agree with, and it speaks more about how bad this Bucs team is, more than it does how good their future opponents are.

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

It's great being an optimist, but every benefit for the Bucs or negative for other teams can just as easily be negatives for the Bucs and benefits of the others.  For example, Brees won't be injured the next time we play them and they look like they are getting their stuff together too. Washington is a dangerously unpredictable team.  We could smoke them by 40 or get creamed by 40.  But you are right, anything can change.  And when the game comes around, that particular game may look more winnable.  It could also look like a the Bucs are walking into their slaughter.  But right now they simply don't. You say 4 more wins is realistic.  Right now, I just can't see 4 more wins.

Any given Sunday my friend. But youre saying theres always a chance?!?!  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think after the bye last season is when we started to see a much better defense. So we do have that to look back on.

That's true and we all thought it would be a bright spot coming into this season.  Instead it went from promising to down right nauseating at times.  And that's after Lovie brought in his guys to help it along and personally took overplay calling duties.  I think last years improvement had more to do with Lovie letting Frasier work the D as he tried to help the offense.  And we all remember how well that worked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they will have a top 5 pick. Winning 3 MAYBE 4 games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like to be optimistic but one win against the Jags is no reason to get ahead of ourselves. This is still a bad team until they show more than flashes

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like to be optimistic but one win against the Jags is no reason to get ahead of ourselves. This is still a bad team until they show more than flashes

Yup.And with the current talent, the bucs should be winning at least eight games.Four of those eight (that tampa wont have) fall directly on the shoulders of the coaching staff, mainly lovie.His stoic look and conservative nature will ensure half of the wins we should have, will be losses.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Most of Gruden’s teams didnt have nearly  this much talent and yet playoffs and division championships were always possible. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most of Gruden's teams didnt have nearly  this much talent and yet playoffs and division championships were always possible.

Lol

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Most of Gruden's teams didnt have nearly  this much talent and yet playoffs and division championships were always possible.

After year one, Gruden was a complete joke.  He loved(s) Aaron Rodgers so much he passed on him........

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.And with the current talent, the bucs should be winning at least eight games.Four of those eight (that tampa wont have) fall directly on the shoulders of the coaching staff, mainly lovie.His stoic look and conservative nature will ensure half of the wins we should have, will be losses.

Good lord, what happened to you? You're giving Runole a run for his money. This team has some talent but yeesh...

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

You're so right skull it's so inspirational how he won with all those scrub players. You know scrub like--Lynch-Alstott Sapp-Barber--Rice-Keyshawn and a few other of those bums.But truly Skull can't you see nobody is biting your bait. You have presented enough evidence to the court of public attention.  Rest your case-- and just give the jury time to deliberate.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

After year one, Gruden was a complete joke.  He loved(s) Aaron Rodgers so much he passed on him........

You're missing the point. To Skull &Bones the only thing that's important is the he's a "baller" and that automatically makes him great

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The lack of talent during Gruden’s tenure only was a problem in 2007 and 2008.  But before that, Gruden had some stacked teams (defensively) from the Super bowl season up to 2006.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Gruden is a lot like Joe Namath.  He’s made out to be a lot better than he was.  If he would not let his ego get in the way of sound coaching decisions he may actually have something but for the most part, he couldn’t do that.  That’s why, after his first season, despite having multiple HOFers on the team, he compiled a losing record.  Stop letting others tell you who is good, think for yourself.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Gruden is a lot like Joe Namath.  He's made out to be a lot better than he was.  If he would not let his ego get in the way of sound coaching decisions he may actually have something but for the most part, he couldn't do that.  That's why, after his first season, despite having multiple HOFers on the team, he compiled a losing record.  Stop letting others tell you who is good, think for yourself.

10lbBassy's still at it!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, most here agreed the Washington game was the next best chance at a win and also that Washington is the worst team in the NFC East.  If our defense can’t even stop them after being given a 24 point lead, who honestly think we can beat the Cowgirls, Eagles or Giants?  The odds of winning 5+ more games just took a serious hit.  That top 5 pick is looking more likely now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, most here agreed the Washington game was the next best chance at a win and also that Washington is the worst team in the NFC East.  If our defense can't even stop them after being given a 24 point lead, who honestly think we can beat the Cowgirls, Eagles or Giants?  The odds of winning 5+ more games just took a serious hit.  That top 5 pick is looking more likely now.

Most did not agree that the Washington game was the next best chance at a win.  That is a narrative you have been pushing for several pages.All remaining games for the Bucs are winnable based on what they showed the last two games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, most here agreed the Washington game was the next best chance at a win and also that Washington is the worst team in the NFC East.  If our defense can't even stop them after being given a 24 point lead, who honestly think we can beat the Cowgirls, Eagles or Giants?  The odds of winning 5+ more games just took a serious hit.  That top 5 pick is looking more likely now.

Most did not agree that the Washington game was the next best chance at a win.  That is a narrative you have been pushing for several pages.All remaining games for the Bucs are winnable based on what they showed the last two games.

WOH!  Wait a minute.  Are you saying, that based on how the Bucs performed in the loss to Washinton, that the rest of their games are winnable?  Did you even watch the total collapse in the 2nd half?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Untrue. This is a bottom 5 team with a bottom 5 coach. Is there a slight chance they pull off an upset or two in weeks to come? Sure. That doesn't mean that people are confident that the Bucs will go out and put together a solid performance on all sides of the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have to admit that top 5 pick is not too far fetched after todays game.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

The end of Sunday's game was definitely disappointing; however, we're still part of a group of 12 teams with just 1 or 2 wins. If you look at some of the other cellar dwellers, some are in worse shape than the Bucs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennessee and Houston picking 1 and 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The end of Sunday's game was definitely disappointing; however, we're still part of a group of 12 teams with just 1 or 2 wins. If you look at some of the other cellar dwellers, some are in worse shape than the Bucs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennessee and Houston picking 1 and 2.

This reminds me so much about Lovie's comments last year as the team sat at 2-8 telling us how we are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WOH!  Wait a minute.  Are you saying, that based on how the Bucs performed in the loss to Washinton, that the rest of their games are winnable?  Did you even watch the total collapse in the 2nd half?

Any game is winnable based on what I have seen from the rest of the NFL. Atlanta is a tough divisional opponent but look a lot mortal now than a few weeks ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any game is winnable based on what I have seen from the rest of the NFL. Atlanta is a tough divisional opponent but look a lot mortal now than a few weeks ago.

Of course any game is winnable.  Just like I have a chance at winning every lottery for the next 10 years.  But the odds are it won't happen.  The only games Lovie has won is when the other teams basically out suck the Bucs.  And I believe that is the only way the Bucs will get wins moving forward.  Yes, every game is winnable.  But every game can also be lost.  The odds say a lot more losses then wins.

Please wait…

• glacier2k4

Participant

This team is headed nowhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Untrue. This is a bottom 5 team with a bottom 5 coach. Is there a slight chance they pull off an upset or two in weeks to come? Sure. That doesn't mean that people are confident that the Bucs will go out and put together a solid performance on all sides of the ball.

Based on what I have seen from other NFL teams the Bucs are definitely not bottom five currently.  The are worse football teams out there currently. The current 2015 Bucs should finish with 5 to 6 wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on what I have seen from other NFL teams the Bucs are definitely not bottom five currently.  The are worse football teams out there currently.

And those teams have better HC's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe we get a wildcard, but i doubt it. Tampa would have to run through several straight wins to keep up, and hope atlhole and the p$ssies screw up some as well. It really is asking for a lot to happen. Especially when previous years tampa couldnt string together two wins.Regardless of what happens, this year, next year should be the "all or nothing" scenario.

I'll put my name on it.  If Lovie can use this bye to fix the D and get those guys on the same page, this team is playoff bound.Field a legit top 5 D and we are in this thing.As I said, we have the talent.  Just fill in the coaching and leadership gap on the defense and lean on the run game.Will that happen?  I wish Lovie would stuff a 100lb crow down my throat!Show me the defense he was signed here for!

That didn't happen.I think the wheels are going to start falling off here as guys see Lovie's approach not yielding wins and in fact PREVENTING them ... Top 5 here we come.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on what I have seen from other NFL teams the Bucs are definitely not bottom five currently.  The are worse football teams out there currently.

I don't agree. Would you take Houston's O'Brien? I know I wouldn't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey look! We agree on something!  No thanks to O'Brien.  But Lovie isn't much better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That didn't happen.I think the wheels are going to start falling off here as guys see Lovie's approach not yielding wins and in fact PREVENTING them ... Top 5 here we come.

Agreed.  And it's the little things like his comment yesterday that the offense didn't score enough points.  WTF?  I gues for Lovie's D to work, the offense has to spot him 35 points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey look! We agree on something!  No thanks to O'Brien.  But Lovie isn't much better.

And yet... he still out coached Lovie.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Lovie sucks but the bigger problem is talent. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie brought in the talent.  Eliminate Lovie, you eliminate the source of the talent.  Lovie is the biggest problem.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Lovie brought in the talent.  Eliminate Lovie, you eliminate the source of the talent.  Lovie is the biggest problem.

somewhat true and you can say the same thing about the previous regime but there were too many holes to fill regardless.  Personally i would get rid of L&L but there us no easy quick fix to this mess thats been materializing for years. 

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

This reminds me so much about Lovie's comments last year as the team sat at 2-8 telling us how we are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

True, although the way the division shaped up last year, it was pretty close to the truth. :)This year, not so much. The divisions of supreme suck age this year are the AFC South, and the NFC East. The Bucs would still have a shot in either of those divisions. Even the Dolts, who only make the playoffs by default each year, can't outpace the Jags, Titans, or Texans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This.Lovie has full personnel control and consistently brings in guys that play like **** under him.  That's not a trend I want to stick with for continuities sake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs would be picking way outside of the top ten if the season was to end today.  The race for the #1 overall pick is as of right now between the Lions and the Titans.The remaining schedule for the Bucs shows that all the remaining games are winnable.  Hardest one would be the last game of the season if Carolina has something to still play for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As of right now NY Giants hold the 6th seed at 4-4, we beat them and who knows.  Yes the division might be out of reach but a wild card spot is doable with most teams being 3-4 or 4-4

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As of right now NY Giants hold the 6th seed at 4-4, we beat them and who knows.  Yes the division might be out of reach but a wild card spot is doable with most teams being 3-4 or 4-4

I did not know that, so that is interesting.  The Giants are going to be a tough team to beat though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I did not know that, so that is interesting.  The Giants are going to be a tough team to beat though.

Unfortunately though, that is not true. The Giants are the 4th seed by way of their division. The current 6th seed is Minnesota at 5-2 followed by the 6-2 Falcons in the 5th seed. And while the Falcons are clearly not for real, their schedule will keep them nice and snug in one of those seeds, and if any team can usurp them, I'd have to put my money on the Rams or saints. Playoffs are nothing but a dream for next season. Let's just watch and enjoy Jameis' growth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unfortunately though, that is not true. The Giants are the 4th seed by way of their division. The current 6th seed is Minnesota at 5-2 followed by the 6-2 Falcons in the 5th seed. And while the Falcons are clearly not for real, their schedule will keep them nice and snug in one of those seeds, and if any team can usurp them, I'd have to put my money on the Rams or saints. Playoffs are nothing but a dream for next season. Let's just watch and enjoy Jameis' growth.

Agreed.I don't see the Vikings imploding but the Falcons are showing a lot of vulnerabilities.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah wild card seems more likely at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eagles will slant us to death and could put up 60 points.

This is a bottom 5 team with a bottom 5 coach.

LOL

Please wait…

Viewing 109 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.