Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• chad1336

Participant

Before the Super Bowl, a lot of the Tampa Bay media types have been saying that they expected next year’s team to be more likely to win the whole thing. Now that we have won it, it seems like the consensus now that we will not be able to keep our core in tact.

Agreed that it will be difficult to keep all our free agents, particularly Lavonte David, Shaq Barrett, Suh, Gronk, Playoff Lenny, etc.

What do you guys think is the best case scenario? I’m hoping to keep everyone and hopefully hit again in the draft.

• buc_boi

Participant

Yes

Jason licht has this
      Trust yall

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I don’t see why not.

Won’t have cap room for everyone, unfortunately. But most people will be back.

• Watchman

Participant

Really tough to repeat. Sure hope so.

Biggest question in my mind is the free agents.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Yes. thats the short and obvious answer but as always in the NFL it takes some luck. They lose a couple O linemen like the Chiefs did, then no chance. That doesn’t mean I think the Chiefs win that game if they have a healthy O line, I just don’t think many teams overcome too much adversity at one position.

NFL will take the NBA lead a little bit, as far as players chasing rings. People will take less pay for a good chance at a title with Brady. This squad is mostly coming back, be silly not to.

• adkindo

Participant

I am not sure of the exact cap numbers….feel like I have seen we have in the $25 – $30 Million range. Then there could always be some restructuring. So in general, my expectations are that Fournette will exit to the biggest bidder. I think Gronk, AB, Suh and David will return. I would love to have both Barrett and Godwin back, but I fear in the end we may have to choose one of them….and my gut thinks the FO may lean toward retaining Barrett.

I think the goal should be to find a way to keep Godwin and Barrett. Also, I am not sure what the play is in regards to OJ Howard. I would love to see him get a chance to run with this group for a season to see if he can play to his potential. Finally, do we bring back Donovan Smith at his number, or move on to free up cap space….move Wirfs to the Left side and backfill the right OT?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.