Viewing 39 reply threads

• Author

• GMACsBlankey

Participant

Glennon could’ve started and I would’ve dealt with it.I'm dealing with Doug Martin starting.Dealing with no real defensive ends other than Smith.BUT CHRIS FREAKING CONTE as a starting safety might make my brain explode. I don't know where I saw it, but apparently he's listed as a starter now? Like what in the seven hells? I can't think of a worse player in the NFL and that's having watched McCown last year, but come on!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

did you really watch conte when he was coached by lovie?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s been bad. And yes. He stinks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aren’t the two safeties interchangeable in this system?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chris Conte is a concussion prone head hunter who can’t hit and takes terrible angles. Otherwise he’s legit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

52406d1387549568t-no-next-question.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

did you really watch conte when he was coached by lovie?

I doubt they did. I havent gone back to watch his work in Lovie's Tampa Two but I understand it was much better than his last cpl years at the position. Im gonna give Lovie the benefit of the doubt as it relates to his defense on this one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won’t start. It will be Swearinger and McDougald. But a big reason this defense and team stinks is because they do not respect the safety position. In 2013 we tried to play with two strong safeties and no free safety. FS might be the second most important position right now behind QB. Safeties should not be interchangeable. FS needs to have tremendous range. I think Banks would be a dynamic FS and completely change the defense but we're stuck in the 90s appearantly.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

op is clueless, conte played well under lovie

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

I think maybe DJ, or Major wright will start over him. Maybe that rook chris hackett looks good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be intrigued in Banks at fs but we need a corner for the 6’5 receivers in our divison and tbh I think Banks is our best cb but back to Conte…..The 2013-2014 bears defense was horrendous with Mel Tucker

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alright did some research for you fellas, heres an article from 2014 talking about Major Wright and Conte’s suckage in 2013http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/6/29/5854502/chicago-bears-nfl-chris-conte-bad-year-and-hope-in-2014As we can see Wright had a pff grade of 5.1 in 2012,-27.6!! in 2013.Now flash forward 1 year later and Wright has a -.04 rating in 2014 not nearly as bad when he's with Loviehttps://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/12/25/2015-free-agents-safeties/So from what we can expect is either an improved Conte with potential building off his 2012 year where bears fan were expecting him to keep growing.Some of you guys probably dont know but Conte was starting to be a well liked player by the fans til his play completely imploded along with the rest of the Bears defense in 2013 under Mel TuckerEdit** Forgot to add Contes pff grade -2.0 in 2012, -15.8 in 2013

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won't start. It will be Swearinger and McDougald. But a big reason this defense and team stinks is because they do not respect the safety position. In 2013 we tried to play with two strong safeties and no free safety. FS might be the second most important position right now behind QB. Safeties should not be interchangeable. FS needs to have tremendous range. I think Banks would be a dynamic FS and completely change the defense but we're stuck in the 90s appearantly.

why would banks be more dynamic than conte?  doesnt conte have range?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ain’t no scheme that can correct this [img width=334 height=200]http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/09/07/4b798fa4dceccf52da3aa2c7b3a93b20.gif?1410121333[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ain't no scheme that can correct this [img width=334 height=200]http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/09/07/4b798fa4dceccf52da3aa2c7b3a93b20.gif?1410121333[/img]

Who knows how this kid might play for the Bucs but if we're being fair there are plays like that for many players. Many wanted to run Barber out of here early. Lynch took time to become the player he became. Hard to just any player by one clip. I am sure there are probably highlight clips too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ain’t no scheme that can correct this [img width=334 height=200]http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/09/07/4b798fa4dceccf52da3aa2c7b3a93b20.gif?1410121333[/img]

ooh ooh ooh, link that fumble winston had against oregon and tell me he aint ever gonna be good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conte may not start.Fatinikun says Swearinger has caught his eye as "always flying around".  Lovie has said he is  pleased with DJ. DJ may be the starter at FS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s day one of training camp. All of this is fluid. Also, Swearinger probably needs to earn it rather than being gifted the spot after his reported attitude in Houston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conte has 9 ints, 21 pdef  in four NFL seasons.  Swearinger has 3 ints, 10 pdef in two NFL seasons.Conte simply put is able to generate more INT's which Lovie covets.  Swearinger has more of a reputation of being a box player.  JC is correct that the team undervalued the free safety position given that having a safety that can cover with range is pretty important in the current state of the NFL. Even in Lovie's system he covets safties that can generate turnovers.I am going to assume that the team simply put didn't have enough resources to address the defensive side of the ball and is working with glue, duct tape, and blue light specials to hold together that unit.  Current needs on defense are: DE, MIKE, NCB, and FS.Some players may step up and prove otherwise but the defense is the one with the big holes, not so much for the offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am more comfortable with the defense than the offense.Thru out his career, Lovie has shown the ability to develop a top defense.For me, Carter is the unknown.  Switching to a new position---but my feeling is that he will do well. Can't teach speed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

More comfortable with starting Glennon over Winston than Conte over player X? lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You also want a guy familiar with the system for game play, but also practiceWasn't Parcells known for having his guys. Same type of thing? Role player who knows system and Lovie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve lived in the midwest the last 3 years. I really don’t think y’all appreciate the awfulness of Christopher Conte but to each their own.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've lived in the midwest the last 3 years. I really don't think y'all appreciate the awfulness of Christopher Conte but to each their own.

so the last 2 years conte wasnt playing lovies T2.  are you saying conte has been the same player each of the last 3 years?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who doesnt like a good conte?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ain't no scheme that can correct this [img width=334 height=200]http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/09/07/4b798fa4dceccf52da3aa2c7b3a93b20.gif?1410121333[/img]

I read that this play was in overtime and Conte was purely going for the strip because the bills were already in FG position. Not making excuses but just giving context because when I saw this play I too was very concerned

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

Conte was out there with Bradley taking first team reps at S

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Conte does his job because he’s knows the defense he’ll be fine. He may not be dynamic but if a guy is where he’s supposed to be in this defense, thats a good safety.That goes for the other guys as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Conte does his job because he's knows the defense he'll be fine. He may not be dynamic but if a guy is where he's supposed to be in this defense, thats a good safety.That goes for the other guys as well.

Agree. Plus anyone will be an improvement over Barron/Goldson.  We need cover safeties, not bone crushing hitters that couldn't cover my grandma.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chris Conte plays like he is related to my old punching bag Barrett Ruuuuuuuuud.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chris Conte plays like he is related to my old punching bag Barrett Ruuuuuuuuud.  ;)

Not a good comp IMO.Nowadays safeties need to cover as good as CB's. Not be experts at laying the wood, and drawing laundry. So I don't care if the guy is "soft", can he cover is the question.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a good comp IMO.Nowadays safeties need to cover as good as CB's. Not be experts at laying the wood, and drawing laundry. So I don't care if the guy is "soft", can he cover is the question.

Whiteness aside, he is Sabby without the athleticism. Angles confuse his overly concussed mind

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whiteness aside, he is Sabby without the athleticism.

hes probably just as athletic

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whiteness aside, he is Sabby without the athleticism.

hes probably just as athletic

Conte is actually faster than Banks. And their size is comparable too. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hell, he made the All Rookie team his first year as a Bear.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have watched him. My friend is a huge Bears fan. Owns a bar. Chris Conte is a turd with eyes.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

that settles it then, he must suck because you have a friend who is a bears fan

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was pretty funny..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have watched him. My friend is a huge Bears fan. Owns a bar. Chris Conte is a turd with eyes.

He’s not overly fond of using them though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's not overly fond of using them though.

they are turds. No need to use them. He is not a good player. Simple as that. Watch him. He is not good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He owns a bar.

Please wait…

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.